Tourney Invitation - High Meta tier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
I say we keep this going.

I'm not sure about the participation yet, but I'm willing to host for now.

Only characters from high-meta are allowed:

If enough participants are available, we decide on which characters from there are feasible for the tourney.

I say everyone willing to get in propose one of those characters on the list, and then we'll see, depending on what everybody wants, if we should have the one nominating the character have it, or we randomize it and the picks are luck-based, depending on what has been nominated.

That way we can keep posters from grabbing the one-shot win ones, knowing it might end up on somebody else's hands.

Any takers?

zopzop
Dude, this is a cool idea. Too bad I suck at tournaments. All I know is, anyone picking Crysta, Storm,l or Mr. Sinister is gonna have an easy time. They have showings that easily put them in the herald tier.

DarkSaint85
Luck based.

Emma Frost

Smurph
thumb up Psylocke

Luck based.

"Id"
Battalion Jackson King come at me bro

Martian_mind
Nightshade

Luck-based.

deathslash
Machine man

Luck based

Damborgson
Invisible woman.

Lets do this.

carver9
No teams, right? Also, no prepping before the match (shields, flight, etc...)???

carver9
I'm taking Sinister.

abhilegend
Jean Grey.

Let's do it.

Digi
Throw me a line on FB when you need someone to judge.

zopzop
I just noticed Exiles Mimic is here. That's another excellent choice.

LordofBrooklyn
Mimic

DECLARE ME THE WINNER NOW!!!

krisblaze
I'd love to judge.

If you lack participants however I can sign up for that instead, in which case I want Captain Britain and luck-based.

beatboks
Not really into anyone listed here. Does anyone mind if i use Blue Devil. He's listed on the tiers list as mid meta but I disagree

Bentley
Are we limited only to characters on the list? Can't I pull in an oddball character like Diablo (who everyone will agree is no higher than High Meta)

Originally posted by Digi
Throw me a line on FB when you need someone to judge.

I'm disappointed that you won't be repping Death's Head in the tourney.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by beatboks
Not really into anyone listed here. Does anyone mind if i use Blue Devil. He's listed on the tiers list as mid meta but I disagree

I'd be down, but only if we're limiting him to feats he has personally performed with Lucifer's Trident.

DarkSaint85
Let's keep it to this tier. There's like a ton of characters there.

Bentley
I'll pick Spiral then.

DarkSaint85
A word of caution for those getting all prepped:

The characters we chose are going into a pot, with a randomizer giving us a random character from said pot.

So whilst you might think yeah, Emma Frost is gonna win me this tourney...I might get 3D Man of some such instead. And Bentley, jammy scum that he is,will walk away with Frost.

Bentley
So just pick obscure characters so you don't have to do a whole lot of Reading to prep for them.

DarkSaint85
Unless you get them...lol and have zero showings.

Supermutant
Karate Kid for Dark Saint or random. Carver is already scared, and everyone should expect a pm from me shortly.

"Id"
Not participating

beatboks
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I'd be down, but only if we're limiting him to feats he has personally performed with Lucifer's Trident.

To be homest if I was to use him I wouldnt be using "lucifer's" trident but his original that was enchanted by Nebrios. While the other had implied power on a much higher level it doesnt have the feats (by Danny) to match his original. Either that or composite but only his feats.

Needless to say I'd eant his wierdness magnet schtick from when he eas tied to the house of Mystery.

I completely disagree. The list is very limited and doesnt include many who are or should be in that tier. There are only about 8 charactets I know well enough to debate for and I can see BD being a good fight for any of them. Given hes had physical matches with tje likes of Etrigan more than once. Hes also beaten a few on that list even before his physical upgrade in underworld unleashed (he beat Metallo in his first few issues when he was a newbie and only around a class 40-50).

DarkSaint85
Well if we have more than 40 or so contestants and are running out of characters, then sure haha.

beatboks
IF we have to stick to the list and the majority chooses luck based I'm throwing in

Aquaman
Guardian II (how is Heather lower ranked on the tier list than her other half?? Based on showings she averages higher imho)
And
Nico Minoru

I know what your thinking but heat me out. With more nominated characters than players we now cant even be sure those so far nominated even come into play.

leonidas
is this a single post tourney or a full on tourney?

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas

I wanted to check who was the lame-lazy ass person who would ask this.

You were in my top 3 choices, so congratulations.

leonidas
what you're saying is i've already won. nwoot

Philosophía
Participants:

Darksaint
Smurph
Martian Mind
Deathslash
Damborg
Carver
Abhi
LoB (is that a yes or just throwing a character out there?)
Kris (maybe)
Bentley

Proposals:
Emma Frost
Psylocke
Nightshade
Machine Man
Invisible Woman
Mr. Sinister
Jean Grey
Mimic (?)
Captain Britain (maybe)
Spiral

Willing to judge:
Digi
Kris, if not participating

A few stuff:

1). I don't want to turn this into a tier list debate. Only those in the initial post count. I remember another tier list was posted sometimes in 2010, but I can't find it. If somebody has it, that would be nice.
2). Furthermore, beat, if you choose Blue Devil you'll almost certainly not get it, given the randomization. That would get somebody else stuck with the character when I make the list.
3). Let's keep it one nomination per one participant, so that there's no extra characters when I randomize. Also, try to be fair play. Don't choose somebody like, I dunno, The Thing, knowing that he's shit against some of the abilities here and you know almost for certain you won't get him. Let's keep the actual tactics for the tourney.

I want the participants to veto in/out the characters at the end, before we assign them. So if there's enough that don't like a character being there , the one who nominated him will replace him with another of his choosing.
Originally posted by zopzop
Dude, this is a cool idea. Too bad I suck at tournaments. All I know is, anyone picking Crysta, Storm,l or Mr. Sinister is gonna have an easy time. They have showings that easily put them in the herald tier.

You won't know until you try it. stick out tongue:

It's all about what you'd do with those abilities.

I'd like to have it 1v1, since there's enough to make quarter/semi/final matches. If it's not an exact number, some matches will be 1v1v1.

Digi
Originally posted by zopzop
I just noticed Exiles Mimic is here. That's another excellent choice.

Indeed. It's all in how you use him, though. Also depends on what the stips are for rules. In a one-on-one, he's still good, but no better or worse than many others. But if this is a free-for-all, there may need to be limits or bans placed on some powers.

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm disappointed that you won't be repping Death's Head in the tourney.

I assume you're talking about Death's Head II (Minion), yes? Original DH wouldn't have a chance in this kind of tourney. Minion is a great pick for high meta. But I have nothing left to prove or gain from entering tourneys, and have found it much harder to sustain the effort needed to do well in them, before I start to lose interest.

beatboks
If we are limited to that list then Aquaman. I'll assume this isnpren52 feats only and no water hand or trident of Posieden (that he only used like 3 times pre nu52) as otherwise he's above high meta in most peoples perspective?

Philosophía
If we are limited to that list then Aquaman. I'll assume this isnpren52 feats only and no water hand or trident of Posieden (that he only used like 3 times pre nu52) as otherwise he's above high meta in most peoples perspective? thumb up

I'd assume so, too.

I don't know what the forum stands on in regards to New 52 Aquaman, but given his unimpressive telepathy feats up until now, I don't think you'd want to trade his improved physicals over that.

Supermutant
I'm in, Miss Martian

Philosophía
Originally posted by Supermutant
I'm in, Miss Martian thumb up

I guess we have to...clarify here a bit. White or green?

Supermutant
GREEN

carver9
Wait a minute, the character that I am picking, there's a possibility I will not be able to use him?

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Supermutant
GREEN thumb up

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol.

carver9
Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute, the character that I am picking, there's a possibility I will not be able to use him?

Helllooooooooooo!!! Can someone answer this please?

Philosophía
Honestly, I'm shocked nobody has picked Iron Man.

I'm sure Blair would be all over this if he saw he's available and he'd be certain he gets him.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Helllooooooooooo!!! Can someone answer this please?

We've picked, then the characters we pick get dropped into a randomizer, and allocated to the contestants.

IOW, you have a 1 in X amount of contestants chance of getting Sinister.

leonidas
geezus carv you really DON'T read do you.....? it was literally explained no less than 4 different times. if it goes 1 post i could probably do it, but i full tourney would go through christmas into report month so no way i'd be in for that. i could judge i suppose, at least a couple matches.

beatboks
O_o. Why is quoting not giving a quote???

Ah well hard way I guess

(WTF still noy working)

I'm more Suprised no onr has picked Guardian II, Jenny Sparks, Karate Kid, Mary Marvel, Mr. Fantastic, or Nico Minoru.

Philosophía
It's due to the forum/special character in my username.

Quick quote works, but it doesn't allow you to select specific parts of my post.

Btw, if anybody wants to send me a PM, write "Philosophia" at recipient, without the special character, otherwise it won't work.

--

Anyway, I'll wait until Sunday, and if nobody else chimes in, I'll finalize the list, ask if the picks are ok with everybody, and start the randomization.

Question, for all participants:

Do you want prep? If yes, how much?

carver9
Count me out. Great idea for a tourney though. Can't wait to see the results.

beatboks
No to prep. Not in a tier that has Mr Fantastic, Bats 1 mil ANF IM.

Damborgson
Yes to randomizing though, that might be fun.

krisblaze
If you're not participating then you should judge, Carver.

Martian_mind
No prep.

Smurph
3 seconds prep.

DarkSaint85
No prep

krisblaze
No prep

leonidas
by 1v1 u mean 1 post vs 1 post phil?

Philosophía
by 1v1 u mean 1 post vs 1 post phil? 1v1 matches.

---

Would 1 opening + 2 posts be ok with everybody? Less? More? I initially wrote 3, but this would be quicker and easier to judge. Maybe the final should be 1+3.

krisblaze
1 + 2 is sufficient for regular matches.

Final can be 1 + 3 no problem.

I'm honestly fine with whatever.

DarkSaint85
One OP, then one/two rebuttals

Martian_mind
One post. Make your case, and then accept what comes.

Philosophía
I don't want this to be another '1 post tourney', so rebuttals should definitely be in.

I want confirmation from everybody here:

Participants:

Darksaint
Smurph
Martian Mind
Deathslash
Damborg
Carver
Abhi
LoB (is that a yes or just throwing a character out there?)
Kris
Bentley
Beatboks
Supermutant

Proposals:
Emma Frost
Psylocke
Nightshade
Machine Man
Invisible Woman
Mr. Sinister
Jean Grey
Mimic (?)
Captain Britain
Spiral
Aquaman
Miss Martian

As soon as I get confirmation, I'll start randomizing.

Deadline: 24 hours starting now.

I'll randomize the participants list once and the proposals list twice.

That way, there's at least a chance that somebody who has chosen the character gets it.

No prep.
Standard equipment
BFR counts as a loss
Depending on confirmations, matches will be 1v1 or 1v1v1.
No team-ups.
1 OP + 2 posts

deathslash
I'm in.

DarkSaint85
I'm in.

Supermutant
In it 2 win it

abhilegend
I'm in.

beatboks
I'm in

carver9
Scratch my name out please.

zopzop

Philosophía

Philosophía
I can't edit my previous post.

Participants are free to vote out a character.

If there's somebody who wants, like zop says, Mimic out, just say so and we'll have a vote on him.

But do this before I start randomizing. Voting him out when you don't get him doesn't work.

LordofBrooklyn

Martian_mind
I'm in.

Philosophía
Is everybody OK with Mimic?

Still waiting for confirmation from:

Smurph
Damborg
Kris
Bentley

beatboks
I always get confused with mimic. Is it Exiles or 616 thay can only mimic mutants? I know one of them can mimic any power. If its the ome that only does muties then only Jean Grey, Storm, Psylock, Spiral and Namor are available to copy which leaves the player ONLY with classic xmen powers.

I'm giessimg simce an issue has been raised its the one who can copy any power and seemingly use said power in ways that its owner never has ???

If so I vote veto

zopzop
I always get confused with mimic. Is it Exiles or 616 thay can only mimic mutants? I know one of them can mimic any power. If its the ome that only does muties then only Jean Grey, Storm, Psylock, Spiral and Namor are available to copy which leaves the player ONLY with classic xmen powers.

I'm giessimg simce an issue has been raised its the one who can copy any power and seemingly use said power in ways that its owner never has ???

If so I vote veto
This is Exiles Mimic according to the list in the OP and he's mimicked the powers of various FF members (and they're not mutants).

abhilegend
I'm sorry, I've to take my name back.

Supermutant
I'll propose Jean Grey and leave out Miss Martian. Also no to exiles Mimic, too easy of a win.

Digi
For everyone's reference, Exiles Mimic can and has copied non-mutants. His wheelhouse is mutants, but that's not his only limit. The FF are the best example (Ben and Johnny), and also Deadpool (though was he retconned to be a mutie? Don't think he was at the time) and when he merged with the Brood. The upper limit on power of who he's copied includes alternate reality Xavier and Magneto, as well as Phoenix. Most everyone else was high meta at best. The limits of his copying are never explicitly stated, but based on who he copied, it's reasonable to assume it has to do with copying physiology. So like, he can copy metahumans whose DNA is different, but there's no evidence that he can copy things like tech or magical power sources.

If y'all need other info, just ask. I've used Mimic twice in these things, so I've had to familiarize myself with his limits.

LordofBrooklyn
For everyone's reference, Exiles Mimic can and has copied non-mutants. His wheelhouse is mutants, but that's not his only limit. The FF are the best example (Ben and Johnny), and also Deadpool (though was he retconned to be a mutie? Don't think he was at the time) and when he merged with the Brood. The upper limit on power of who he's copied includes alternate reality Xavier and Magneto, as well as Phoenix. Most everyone else was high meta at best. The limits of his copying are never explicitly stated, but based on who he copied, it's reasonable to assume it has to do with copying physiology. So like, he can copy metahumans whose DNA is different, but there's no evidence that he can copy things like tech or magical power sources.

If y'all need other info, just ask. I've used Mimic twice in these things, so I've had to familiarize myself with his limits.

His LIMITS will be what I STATE them to be!

DarkSaint85
So how would it work with say, IWs powers?

He looks 50% invisible? Only his left side is visible? Kinda fuzzy?

I vote out

carver9
Wouldnt that be the same as him having Colossus body and how much of it is turned to steel?

DarkSaint85
Yeah..so is his steel only 50%as durable? With IWs power, you're either invisible or you're not...... unless he's now 50% invisible.....so kinda see through, but not really?

carver9
Well, he was half of Colossus durability so I guess this applies to him being half invisible which wouldn't help him in any way tbh. Anyone controlling Mimic, I don't think they would even take that route of taking that ability from her since, well, they wouldn't even need it.

DarkSaint85
Well then there's Miss Martian. Does he get 50% of her intangibility? So he's...kinda intangible? Or only his left side? Top half? Can shapeshift, but only shapeshift into 50% of the things Miss Martian can? Diamond is diamond - against Emma, is his diamond form 50% as hard as a real diamond?

If against Captain Britain, whose powers are based on his confidence, does he need 2x as much confidence?

IOW, way too difficult to draw a line. Hence my vote out.

Digi
So how would it work with say, IWs powers?

He looks 50% invisible? Only his left side is visible? Kinda fuzzy?

There's not a whole lot of precedent for powers like these, so I'm not sure we know with anything resembling certainty. For what it's worth, there are powers he almost certainly used at higher than a 50% capacity, but that's likely because writers just wanted particular power sets and didn't feel beholden to an exact representation of what 50% would be. If he copied a phaser in the comics, for instance, it's overwhelmingly likely he would be able to phase, with perhaps only the concentration needed or duration nerfed.

However, he can also stack similar or identical powers. He's done it a few times with things like fire projection and healing factor. So he could presumably end up with some full-strength powers depending on what templates he starts with and copies.

DarkSaint85
There's not a whole lot of precedent for powers like these, so I'm not sure we know with anything resembling certainty.

Exactly this.

Philosophía
Mimic is out. Too much hassle.

Nominate somebody else, LoB.

Supermutant now has Jean Grey and Miss Martian is out.

LordofBrooklyn
The MIGHTY LOB being forced to CHANGE!!!!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The MIGHTY LOB being forced to CHANGE!!!!

-title of LoB's sex change documentary.

LordofBrooklyn
-title of LoB's sex change documentary.

I'LL PUNCH YOUR FACE OFF PEASANT!!!

krisblaze
Is LoB going to do his roleplaying thing through the entire tourney?

Can barely stand that idiocy in the offtopic chat tbh...

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by krisblaze

THEN TAKE YOUR NORDIC C!@T SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

LordofBrooklyn
I select Jenny Sparks.

DIGI, YOU ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS!!!

DarkSaint85

His BZs, as I have said to many a poster privately, are surprisingly effective.

He just loses to me a lot.

LordofBrooklyn
He just loses to me a lot.

LIES!!!

I AM UNDEFEATED AS LORD OF THE BATTLEZONE!!!

Digi
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I select Jenny Sparks.

DIGI, YOU ARE TO BLAME FOR THIS!!!

thumb up

I accept this blame. Fun pick with Jenny, though.

Smurph
I'm in.

Philosophía
So Kris, Damborg, Bentley, are you in?

Philosophía
Updated:

Participants:

Darksaint
Smurph
Martian Mind
Deathslash
Damborg
LoB
Kris
Bentley
Beatboks
Supermutant

Proposals:
Emma Frost
Psylocke
Nightshade
Machine Man
Invisible Woman
Jenny Sparks
Captain Britain
Spiral
Aquaman (Pre-Flashpoint/Post Crisis)
Jean Grey

Damborgson

"Id"
@Philo. I thought Ironman is out due to us being restricted purely by the list.

DarkSaint85
Abomination, Aquaman, Ares (Marvel), Atlas, Aurora, Batman 1 Million, Battalion (Jackson King), Blastaar, BOX I (Roger Bochs), Captain Britain, Captain Marvel Jr, Colossus, Crystal, Death's Head II, Donna Troy, Emma Frost, Gamora, Ghost Rider II, Grim Reaper, Guardian II (Heather Hudson), Havok, Hellstrike, Hercules (Mortal), Holocaust, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron Man, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Jenny Sparks, Juggernaut (Depowered), Karate Kid, Living Laser, Machine Man, Manbot, Mandarin, Mary Marvel, Maul, Mercer Drake, Metallo, Mimic (Exiles), Miss Martian, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Nico Minoru, Nightshade, Northstar, Ocean Master, Osiris, Pitt, Polaris, Psylocke, Radioactive Man, Sand, Sasquatch, Shassa, She-Hulk, Spiral, Starfire, Storm, Supernova, Temugin, The Thing, Thunderstrike, The Tick, Ulik, Ultimo, Vision, War Machine, Windshear, Wonder Man, Zzaxx

deathslash

Philosophía
Originally posted by deathslash
if carver's out, then I submit Mr sinister instead of machine man. thumb up

Bentley? Kris? As soon as you say yes, I start randomizing.

Originally posted by "Id"
@Philo. I thought Ironman is out due to us being restricted purely by the list.

He's on the list. People probably wouldn't want him landing on somebody else.

DarkSaint85
if carver's out, then I submit Mr sinister instead of machine man.

Just so you know, someone else may get Sinister. As long as you're clear thumb up

deathslash
Just so you know, someone else may get Sinister. As long as you're clear thumb up oh, I know, but I believe in my luck.

"Id"
Abomination, Aquaman, Ares (Marvel), Atlas, Aurora, Batman 1 Million, Battalion (Jackson King), Blastaar, BOX I (Roger Bochs), Captain Britain, Captain Marvel Jr, Colossus, Crystal, Death's Head II, Donna Troy, Emma Frost, Gamora, Ghost Rider II, Grim Reaper, Guardian II (Heather Hudson), Havok, Hellstrike, Hercules (Mortal), Holocaust, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron Man, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Jenny Sparks, Juggernaut (Depowered), Karate Kid, Living Laser, Machine Man, Manbot, Mandarin, Mary Marvel, Maul, Mercer Drake, Metallo, Mimic (Exiles), Miss Martian, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Nico Minoru, Nightshade, Northstar, Ocean Master, Osiris, Pitt, Polaris, Psylocke, Radioactive Man, Sand, Sasquatch, Shassa, She-Hulk, Spiral, Starfire, Storm, Supernova, Temugin, The Thing, Thunderstrike, The Tick, Ulik, Ultimo, Vision, War Machine, Windshear, Wonder Man, Zzaxx
Damn my dislexia your right.

krisblaze
I'm out of participating due to time constraints.

Prefer to judge.

Philosophía
I'm out of participating due to time constraints.

Prefer to judge. thumb up

Bentley?

Bentley
Mmmh... I think I'll opt out this one, I don't feel well read enough with the roster so I'd be half-assing it with a bad dice roll. I'll be on call for judging if needed.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bentley
Mmmh... I think I'll opt out this one, I don't feel well read enough with the roster so I'd be half-assing it with a bad dice roll. I'll be on call for judging if needed. thumb up

Philosophía
Updated:

Participants:

Darksaint
Smurph
Martian Mind
Deathslash
Damborg
LoB
Beatboks
Supermutant

Proposals:
Emma Frost
Psylocke
Nightshade
Mr. Sinister
Invisible Woman
Jenny Sparks
Aquaman (Pre-Flashpoint/Post Crisis)
Jean Grey

8 participants is perfect. Quarter/Semi/Final.

I'll be randomizing, like I said, the participants once and the characters twice. I'll start in a few moments.

Philosophía
https://s7d6.turboimg.net/sp/8798d147d6b454701f18f83a8964807d/RandomParticipants.png

https://s7d6.turboimg.net/sp/08a380b92e5a1a6205f733bd09dcfe04/RandomizedCharacters.png

Beatboks = Jean Grey
Martian Mind = Aquaman
Damborg = Jenny Sparks
Supermutant = Mr. Sinister
Smurph = Emma Frost
Darksaint = Invisible Woman
LoB = Nightshade
Deathlash = Psylocke

I'll hit the randomizer 3 times for the match-ups (1v1 quarter finals):

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/sp/8a9051638f93d8667838acacbdf8e024/Match-Ups.png

Darksaint vs Beatboks
Damborg vs LoB
Martian Mind vs Smurph
Supermutant vs Deathlash

DarkSaint85
FFS. Beatboks has this in the bag no doubt.

Philosophía
So we have 2 judges (Bentley and Kris) and another one depending on his time (Digi).

Would it be ok with everybody if I judge the matches in which Digi is not present?

Damborgson
So...its finally time, LoB. Our final encounter.

Excuse me while I research who the **** is Jenny Sparks.

Supermutant
sounds good

Smurph

deathslash
When do we need to send our write ups in?

Philosophía
I was just about to ask that.

Is Friday as the deadline ok with everybody for opening post?

The sooner, the better, but I don't want people to be crammed and not make their posts properly.

The matches don't have to start at the same time. So if I get a post from two posters who are debating, I'll post for them be it Wednesday or whatever, and wait for the other matches.

deathslash

DarkSaint85
That's fine with me, forthe OP.

Philosophía
how about the end of Saturday? People (me included) have stuff that they have to do during the week that could interfere with having time for a write up. Sunday deadline for the OP it is, then.

--

The others are free to send me the OP whenever they like, and I'll post it when I receive it from both of you.

Btw, when you PM, type recipient as "Philosophia" without the special i, otherwise I won't receive it.

Test your posts on the forum by using the "Preview" option when posting, to see if you're within the limit of characters. The forum counts differently.

DarkSaint85
Asking for a friend: is time travel allowed?

What limits are there on reality warping?

Philosophía
Asking for a friend: is time travel allowed?

What limits are there on reality warping? You have to be on the battlefield at all times. Now whether that's a past or future version of you that is time-displaced, it's up to you.

High-meta limits, lol.

Supermutant
Where is the battlefield? asking for a friend of a friend

Philosophía
Would this be ok?

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/9039f6bdbb35f6e617e5371d3e29fd5c1353597781_full.jpg

It's the Dragon Ball Cell Games ring.

Opponents start in the opposite corners of the it.

deathslash

Philosophía
That would a fun rule, but no, unless people really want that.

It's just the starting point.

LordofBrooklyn
THIS IS A F!@#$%^G SETUP!!!!!

beatboks
FFS. Beatboks has this in the bag no doubt.

That will depend on how many of my old xmen comics i can find by OP deadline.

Smurph
I didn't think to mention this during drafts because I wasn't planning on repping Emma but I'll be using pre-AvX Emma Frost, for the same reasons that we use pre-FP Aquaman. Emma's powers went through a reboot after she was a Phoenix host, and her showings were all over the place as a result.

Pre-AvX reflects the timing of the tiers thread.

Damborgson
Alright so, is this like last tourney? We are in control, no CIS?

What's the rule on ringouts??

Philosophía
Originally posted by Damborgson
Alright so, is this like last tourney? We are in control, no CIS?

What's the rule on ringouts?? You're in total control.

You lose if you end up in another dimension/away from the battlefield with no way of getting back in a reasonable amount of time.

Forum BFR, basically.

The dragon ball ring I posted is just a guide to see the starting positions, nothing more. You can get outside the ring, use the environment etc.

Damborgson

Martian_mind
So, Aquaman, huh? And I'm facing Emma-Smurph?

Let's do this.

Facee
That will depend on how many of my old xmen comics i can find by OP deadline.
You're depending on comic books for scans in 2017? confused

-Pr-
So, Aquaman, huh? And I'm facing Emma-Smurph?

Let's do this.

Damn.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by -Pr-
Damn.

You're gonna need to clarify this.

-Pr-
You're gonna need to clarify this.

Oh, it's gonna be an interesting fight, is all I meant. If it's preboot Arthur, he has some awesome TP feats.

Damborgson
I'm really interested in seeing how AM is handled. He seems a little limited in comparison.

krisblaze
Phil's put together a solid tourney.

I'm pscyhed

Smurph

Martian_mind
Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh, it's gonna be an interesting fight, is all I meant. If it's preboot Arthur, he has some awesome TP feats.

Aye, I'm pretty keen myself.

leonidas
some really intriguing match ups here. only one mismatch that i see and i think at least one match will reveal some pretty interesting stuff and maybe even settle a long standing forum debate....

when can i make predictions? and are those involved now stuck with the character throughout or does it randomize each round with whoever is left....? that might be really advantageous to one person in particular.

Philosophía
some really intriguing match ups here. only one mismatch that i see and i think at least one match will reveal some pretty interesting stuff and maybe even settle a long standing forum debate....

when can i make predictions? and are those involved now stuck with the character throughout or does it randomize each round with whoever is left....? that might be really advantageous to one person in particular.

thumb up

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=648522

Depending on what the participants want, I can randomize again.

It'd be funny to go up against a character you got accustomed in the quarters. But I don't think many want to risk getting the...less favorable ones.

Digi
Originally posted by Smurph
Lol, character breakdown is 6 girls and 2 guys.

Guess it really is 2017, everybody.

thumb up

Charlotte DeBel missed her moment. She was about a decade early to the party.

Bentley
I bet Smurph is unearthing some of Charlotte's tournament matches as we speak. I know I'd do it in his place.

krisblaze
thumb up

Charlotte DeBel missed her moment. She was about a decade early to the party.

Smurph wasn't Charlotte???

quanchi112
What ?

laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>