Luke is pathetic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
My God looking at all this Last Jedi stuff with Luke is just disheartening. One can almost hear Palpatine cackling at Yoda in the netherworld of the force "Hahaha, Master Yoda, now your failure is complete."

Kurk
The movie highlights the fact that middle-aged white men in America have the highest depression/suicide rate. That is what Luke has become. Out of his prime, exiled on an island with a feminazi new arrival.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Kurk
The movie highlights the fact that middle-aged white men in America have the highest depression/suicide rate. That is what Luke has become. Out of his prime, exiled on an island with a feminazi new arrival.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPzLXQYb2Bn5PLG/giphy.gif

"Where are your friends now Luke? I told you your faith in your friends was yours"
"Hey Yoda, look at the last Jedi now"

But anyway I don't care about the feminism stuff. I do care that the main characters have been reduced to complete and total failures.

Kurk
It's the doings of the New World Order

Azronger
Originally posted by Lord Stark

"Where are your friends now Luke? I told you your faith in your friends was yours"

Lmao Sheev was right all along.

FreshestSlice

"Hey Yoda, look at the last Jedi now"

But anyway I don't care about the feminism stuff. I do care that the main characters have been reduced to complete and total failures.
Who is going to teach the older generation if not the newer, my dude? Get with the times. All the old people need to die for #progress to happen. Just like the Jedi.

LordofBrooklyn
My God looking at all this Last Jedi stuff with Luke is just disheartening. One can almost hear Palpatine cackling at Yoda in the netherworld of the force "Hahaha, Master Yoda, now your failure is complete."

Luke Survives Episode 8...

GUARANTEED!!!

TenebrousWay
Luke the cuck!

Lord Stark
I'm genuinely upset we never get to see Luke surpass Yoda and rebuild the NJO.

Psychotron
I'm genuinely upset we never get to see Luke fight anyone for real.

I knew they'd have Rey take his place because of muh stonk womyn, but I thought they'd at least send him off properly. Him and Snoke were monumental wastes.

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by Psychotron

I knew they'd have Rey take his place because of muh stonk womyn, but I thought they'd at least send him off properly. Him and Snoke were monumental wastes.

Dark-Kenshin
I'm genuinely upset they gutted Luke's character in favor of the garbage representation we saw in the movie.

LordOfTheLight
Leaving Luke aside, it would probably have helped, had I actually cared for Rey or any of the other idiots there. As it stands, I actually care more for Kanan and I haven't watched a full episode of Rebels yet( Twin Suns included).

Snoke, being the exception, but of course he had to go.

ares834
Hmm. I really enjoyed Rey this time around. Her character may be relatively simple, but she worked great when paired with Kylo.

Total Warrior
Nah he was ok

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834
Hmm. I really enjoyed Rey this time around. Her character may be relatively simple, but she worked great when paired with Kylo.

I was fine with Rey as well. I think its cool that the Force kind of vomited out a pseudo-Chosen-One to combat the rising darkness. Also a call out to Legends where champions of the light (Revan, HoT, ect.) would rise to face the new Sith threat.

LordOfTheLight
I was fine with Rey as well. I think its cool that the Force kind of vomited out a pseudo-Chosen-One to combat the rising darkness. Also a call out to Legends where champions of the light (Revan, HoT, ect.) would rise to face the new Sith threat.

What's not cool is that we've seen the same things done over and over again. The whole "Champion of Light/Chosen One" thing has been done twice with Anakin and Luke in the previous two trilogies itself.

Also, if you are going to make a true "Champion of Light", then at least give him/her some extremely solid personality and gravitas. Something like Superman, perhaps( a SW version of the same).

SW doesn't have that. SW protagonists( the CoL's or Jedi concerned in general) pretty much are either too weak to combat and defeat the Sith/dark siders, or fall to the dark side and become the Sith. In the rare case that they do defeat the "embodiment of the dark side", it is usually PIS/villain being weakened/hero being amped. The only exception that comes to mind, is GM Luke who did command the necessary personality and aura. And even he wasn't perfect. Not by a long shot.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
What's not cool is that we've seen the same things done over and over again. The whole "Champion of Light/Chosen One" thing has been done twice with Anakin and Luke in the previous two trilogies itself.

Also, if you are going to make a true "Champion of Light", then at least give him/her some extremely solid personality and gravitas. Something like Superman, perhaps( a SW version of the same).

SW doesn't have that. SW protagonists( the CoL's or Jedi concerned in general) pretty much are either too weak to combat and defeat the Sith/dark siders, or fall to the dark side and become the Sith. In the rare case that they do defeat the "embodiment of the dark side", it is usually PIS/villain being weakened/hero being amped. The only exception that comes to mind, is GM Luke who did command the necessary personality and aura. And even he wasn't perfect. Not by a long shot.

Revan/Meetra were originally the embodiment of that.
But then SWTOR happened.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight

No thank you. Most versions of Superman are terrible characters with even less characterization than Rey. Superman-Rey would make her unbearable.

Yeah that makes sense structurally. The Light Side isn't meant to match the Dark in raw combat. HoT and Grand Master Luke do confront the darkside and with though. Revan does as well if we just think of the context of KOTOR.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Psychotron

You could say all the Star Wars characters are wastes. What do any of the. matter anyways? It's just a movie after all.

LordOfTheLight
No thank you. Most versions of Superman are terrible characters with even less characterization than Rey. Superman-Rey would make her unbearable.

Yeah that makes sense structurally. The Light Side isn't meant to match the Dark in raw combat. HoT and Grand Master Luke do confront the darkside and with though. Revan does as well if we just think of the context of KOTOR.

Reeve's first two movies had good characterization of Superman, and Cavill's portrayal in MoS was absolutely stellar.

I'd definitely prefer a protagonist who is actually powerful and looks the part. It's more than just characterization. It is the aura of power around the person.

Rey isn't that interesting, even if she was turned into a Superman like character.

Where did you pull that from? Seems like head canon.

No individual side is more powerful than the other. The dark side specializes in "aggressive" applications of the force. The light side, in defensive. Combatively or not, the two sides are equal.

Revan lost pretty badly when it came to the real enemy. Meetra and HoT relied on PIS, and didn't win by virtue of their own power or strength being better than the enemy's. In the case of the latter, Vitiate was heavily weakened.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.