Magneto vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Apocalypse Magneto and Ragnarok Hulk.

Setting: Paris, near the Eiffel Tower

Starting distance: 200 feet

Who wins?

juggerman
Magneto

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

carthage
Magneto stomps hard

Josh_Alexander
If magneto manages to build a dagger similar to the one Hela used against Surtur by the time Hulk reaches him....The Magneto could have a chance.

However Hulk would just reach him in matter of seconds....

The scale moves towards Hulk's side slightly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carthage
Magneto stomps hard Nah, Mystique beat the bum. Hulk spanks him.

BruceSkywalker
Lensherr hurls newly acquired Hugh Jackman Wolverine into Hulk and Hulk dies..

FrothByte
Could go either way. Depends on what equipment is around for Magneto to use. If there isn't much then Hulk can easily cover 200 ft and one shot Magneto.

Impediment
Which versions of the characters?

Adam Grimes
Planetary Mags hurls Hulk into the sun

juggerman
Originally posted by Impediment
Which versions of the characters?

Aren't we supposed to assume most current versions when not specified?

Impediment
Originally posted by juggerman
Aren't we supposed to assume most current versions when not specified?

No. The thread starter should always specify which versions as to avoid confusion.

KingD19
Especially considering the versions of Hulk and Magneto are separated by multiple continuities and stuff.

Stigma
Oops. Sorry. I also assumed we always go with the most recent versions.

Either way, this is Apocalypse Magneto and Ragnarok Hulk.

Impediment
Fenris bit Hulk and drew blood during the Ragnarok end scene.

Pretty sure that Magneto could use the Eiffel Tower to puncture Hulk for a KO.

FrothByte
Fenris bit Hulk and drew blood during the Ragnarok end scene.

Pretty sure that Magneto could use the Eiffel Tower to puncture Hulk for a KO.

Except it would take time for Magneto to do that, whereas it would only take a second or two for Hulk to leap the 200 ft. and smash Magneto.

Impediment
Originally posted by FrothByte
Except it would take time for Magneto to do that, whereas it would only take a second or two for Hulk to leap the 200 ft. and smash Magneto.

Mags can't dodge?

Stigma
If an apartment block can phase Hulk, what happens when Magneto drops the Eiffel Tower on him.

Impediment
Magneto can fly and dodge while wrapping the tower around Hulk.

John Murdoch
Shields + planetary level magnetic manipulation = win for Fassbender Mags.

Surtur
If this is Apocalypse Magneto, meaning him powered up by Apocalypse. how is he not just ripping up a bunch of shit from the ground and making a shield like he did before?

How would Hulk ever get close enough to do anything? He'd swat him away.

Stigma
Or use the Eiffel Tower as a big bat to swat Hulk away.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Magneto.

FrothByte
Mags can't dodge?

Sure he can, but that means he can't move the tower while dodging. And I don't recall Mags being exeptionally fast enough to keep evading Hulk.

FrothByte
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Shields + planetary level magnetic manipulation = win for Fassbender Mags.

All of which takes a considerably longer time to do compared to Hulk simply jumping 200 feet and punching mags in the jaw.

quanchi112
Magneto fans don't seem to think about what occurs in a fight and the prep involved with his feat in the film. Fanboys are the worst.

John Murdoch
Sure he can, but that means he can't move the tower while dodging. And I don't recall Mags being exeptionally fast enough to keep evading Hulk.

Didn't Magneto start the final Apocalypse battle with his spherical bubble shield activated?

Magneto has stopped and manipulated bullets fired at point blank range both at himself and others and taken down an old school sentinel charging him in the finale of Days of Future Past when Magneto noticed the sentinel coming after him while combatting Logan.

All Magneto's gotta do is think and Hulk is getting bombarded or restrained with metal. If that doesn't incap Hulk, Mags throws up his shield and atomizes metal against Banner's face. Or wraps Hulk in metal and throws him into the Atlantic Ocean. Or throws him into orbit.

Lots of options for Eric, whereas Hulk only has jump and smash. Granted, that will turn Eric into paste, but Mags has a long history of quickdrawing his powers in creative ways that spell disaster for the charge in headfirst type of enemy.

Stigma
Didn't Magneto start the final Apocalypse battle with his spherical bubble shield activated?

Magneto has stopped and manipulated bullets fired at point blank range both at himself and others and taken down an old school sentinel charging him in the finale of Days of Future Past when Magneto noticed the sentinel coming after him while combatting Logan.

All Magneto's gotta do is think and Hulk is getting bombarded or restrained with metal. If that doesn't incap Hulk, Mags throws up his shield and atomizes metal against Banner's face. Or wraps Hulk in metal and throws him into the Atlantic Ocean. Or throws him into orbit.

Lots of options for Eric, whereas Hulk only has jump and smash. Granted, that will turn Eric into paste, but Mags has a long history of quickdrawing his powers in creative ways that spell disaster for the charge in headfirst type of enemy.
Good points thumb up

FrothByte

Are you telling me Magneto already starts this fight with a shield up? Seems kinda unfair don't you think? Otherwise, how long do you think it takes him to put up a shield like that?

And I have no doubt that Magneto is fast enough to stop bullets or hirl them back while on the move. He can easily bombard Hulk with smallish projectiles. Problem is none of these will stop Hulk. To stop Hulk he needs something big, like the Eiffel tower, and that takes time. I don't recall Magneto ever doing a big feat fast and while dodging.

Like I said in my original post, the fight will depend on what materials are near by. If there are enough metallic objects around for Magneto to distarct Hulk with then he can win. But if all he's banking on is the Eiffel tower then Hulk will easily smash him long before he's able to bring it to bear.

John Murdoch
^I figure near the Eiffel Tower you've got:

- lots of rebar
- steel cable
- light poles

Then you've got the tower itself, which makes me wonder if Magneto couldn't just start ripping it apart and wrapping up Hulk like a Christmas present in metal.

But, if he's gotta the whole tower down, then ya, Hulk does a falcon punch and turns Magneto into another Doug.

EDIT: Added content: by the above statement, I agree that, yes, Magneto won't have enough time to rage concentrate and bring it down on Hulk's head.

I'm still banking on wrap up Hulk to toss BFR or thousands of pieces of metal coming at atomization speeds at the Hulk's face for some wins.

FrothByte
^I figure near the Eiffel Tower you've got:

- lots of rebar
- steel cable
- light poles

Then you've got the tower itself, which makes me wonder if Magneto couldn't just start ripping it apart and wrapping up Hulk like a Christmas present in metal.

But, if he's gotta the whole tower down, then ya, Hulk does a falcon punch and turns Magneto into another Doug.

EDIT: Added content: by the above statement, I agree that, yes, Magneto won't have enough time to rage concentrate and bring it down on Hulk's head.

I'm still banking on wrap up Hulk to toss BFR or thousands of pieces of metal coming at atomization speeds at the Hulk's face for some wins.

Oh I have no problem with Magneto winning by using rebars and lightposts and cars. As long as they're strong enough to stop Hulk. I was simply pointing out that Mags won't have the time to spike Hulk with the tower or put up shields.

Hulk can cover 200ft in a single leap, which gives Mags 1-2 seconds to make his move. Hulk will easily tear through rebars and lightposts so Mags will need to make sure that he brings in dozens of them, all within a few seconds. If he doesn't he gets smashed.

quanchi112
Hulk wins let's be real he palmed a Leviathan with barely any momentum mid jump transformation.

Impediment
Because Magneto would totally come barreling toward Hulk at a straight angle as opposed to using magnetic powers and flight to an advantage like in Apocalypse?

"No." -Everyone

quanchi112
How close did Wolverine get in Days of Future Past ?

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
How close did Wolverine get in Days of Future Past ?

Magneto is more powerful here and not hampered by the plot and by Wolverines massive character shield.

FrothByte
Because Magneto would totally come barreling toward Hulk at a straight angle as opposed to using magnetic powers and flight to an advantage like in Apocalypse?

"No." -Everyone

Ok so at the ring of the bell, Hulk launches himself at Magneto. Mags has about a second before he gets smashed. What does he do? Pretty sure we've never seen him put up a shield that fast. How fast can he fly? How good is Magneto at dodging?

Surtur
He can use other shit to fling Hulk away a far distance, then shield up.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
Magneto is more powerful here and not hampered by the plot and by Wolverines massive character shield. Another example in which you ignore facts for your imagination. You're a cbr loser. Go back to the site, loser.

Surtur
Another example in which you ignore facts for your imagination. You're a cbr loser. Go back to the site, loser.

You try to use silly events as evidence.

I bet you're the type who in a Karate Kid thread would be all "herp derp he lost to Batman!".

quanchi112
You try to use silly events as evidence.

I bet you're the type who in a Karate Kid thread would be all "herp derp he lost to Batman!". If you make a claim you need to back it up. I cite evidence and you ignore it and insert fanfic. You're a clown.

Surtur
If you make a claim you need to back it up. I cite evidence and you ignore it and insert fanfic. You're a clown.

You come with silly shit about Wolverine. "How close did he get" is your argument.

Magneto can use objects to swat Hulk far away and then put up his shield. How does Hulk stop this?

Impediment
Ok so at the ring of the bell, Hulk launches himself at Magneto. Mags has about a second before he gets smashed. What does he do? Pretty sure we've never seen him put up a shield that fast. How fast can he fly? How good is Magneto at dodging?

Because Magneto will place himself at such a close range as to be killed/knocked out?

No, sir. Just........no.

quanchi112
You come with silly shit about Wolverine. "How close did he get" is your argument.

Magneto can use objects to swat Hulk far away and then put up his shield. How does Hulk stop this? Hulk closes the distance far quicker than wolverine. Watch the film. You can't just pretend someone slower and weaker can close the distance but the Hulk can't. Fanboys want to just powerset the argument and select the best environment for Magneto for him to even stand a chance. Hulk wins. Too fast, too strong, too much.

FrothByte
He can use other shit to fling Hulk away a far distance, then shield up.

Yes he can, but it will need to be some big-ass shit considering Hulk can easily walk through bullets and tear cars apart.

FrothByte
Because Magneto will place himself at such a close range as to be killed/knocked out?

No, sir. Just........no.

OP states 200 ft. That's a pretty easy leap for Hulk and I'm pretty sure Magneto isn't a highly skilled physical combatant that can easily dodge and duck around Hulk's attacks.

To clarify, I am not saying Hulk wins. I'm just saying it's foolish to think that Magneto has the time to grab the Eiffel tower and hurl it at Hulk.

This fight isn't as clear cut as some of you think it is.

Darth Thor

Surtur
Hulk closes the distance far quicker than wolverine. Watch the film. You can't just pretend someone slower and weaker can close the distance but the Hulk can't. Fanboys want to just powerset the argument and select the best environment for Magneto for him to even stand a chance. Hulk wins. Too fast, too strong, too much.

Look I won't deny the dude can jump far and quick, but he's not a speedster. Magneto will be able to react.

John Murdoch
OP states 200 ft. That's a pretty easy leap for Hulk and I'm pretty sure Magneto isn't a highly skilled physical combatant that can easily dodge and duck around Hulk's attacks.

To clarify, I am not saying Hulk wins. I'm just saying it's foolish to think that Magneto has the time to grab the Eiffel tower and hurl it at Hulk.

This fight isn't as clear cut as some of you think it is.

Don't worry, Froth, I read you loud and clear. I think Magneto wins and giving reasons for such an opinion, but you're just coming from the other side giving reasons why Hulk might end it in the opening moments, which I agree could happen as well.

Good ol' fashioned debate, no probs.

Pretty much comes down to this:

- If Mags can quickdraw massive streams of metal at superspeeds like with Apoc only at Hulk, Mags wins.
- If Mags can swat away/constrain/throw/stop Hulk long enough to get his shield up and has time to unleash his magnetism fully, Hulk is a goner.
- If Hulk can close the distance and pummel Magneto in the opening moments, Mags is a goner.

Surtur
Yes he can, but it will need to be some big-ass shit considering Hulk can easily walk through bullets and tear cars apart.

He will have shit nearby that could slow the guy down, he got way more powerful when boosted. When he got pissed off we saw how quickly he can throw a shit ton of metal at you. Hulk is strong and quick, but physics still somewhat applies to him. Except when it doesn't, I guess lol. But he could have something wrap around Hulks leg and fling him away.

I think if he knows what to expect he can keep Hulk away from him.

I think Hulk being in the air is a huge disadvantage to him anyways. It makes him way easier to bat away.

rqAvbnH-ORE

Magnetos part begins around 2 mins in.

quanchi112
Look I won't deny the dude can jump far and quick, but he's not a speedster. Magneto will be able to react. Wolverine is slower and weaker yet he almost closed the distance. Hulk wins. Facts matter.

h1a8
Wolverine is slower and weaker yet he almost closed the distance. Hulk wins. Facts matter.

Logan is not slower and that situation wasn't the same as this forum situation where Mags is completely aware and Hulk is 200ft away (not less

FrothByte
Don't worry, Froth, I read you loud and clear. I think Magneto wins and giving reasons for such an opinion, but you're just coming from the other side giving reasons why Hulk might end it in the opening moments, which I agree could happen as well.

Good ol' fashioned debate, no probs.

Pretty much comes down to this:

- If Mags can quickdraw massive streams of metal at superspeeds like with Apoc only at Hulk, Mags wins.
- If Mags can swat away/constrain/throw/stop Hulk long enough to get his shield up and has time to unleash his magnetism fully, Hulk is a goner.
- If Hulk can close the distance and pummel Magneto in the opening moments, Mags is a goner.

Fair enough. I think if they knew what they were up against then Mags has the advantage. If they don't know a thing about each other then Hulk's strength and pure ferocity might be the end of Magneto.

Robtard
Hulk gets the Eiffel Tower up his ass and is KO'd with a smile on his face.

FFS, Tony went toe-to-toe with a fully enraged Hulk and won. Apoc Mags is far more powerful than Tony in his HB armor

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Logan is not slower and that situation wasn't the same as this forum situation where Mags is completely aware and Hulk is 200ft away (not less Wolverine is far slower than Hulk you mental midget. You clearly haven't seen the films. Dismissed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Hulk gets the Eiffel Tower up his ass and is KO'd with a smile on his face.

FFS, Tony went toe-to-toe with a fully enraged Hulk and won. Apoc Mags is far more powerful than Tony in his HB armor Can magneto reform and go blow for blow ? What is this nonsense of focusing on power only and ignoring what iron man had to deal with during the fight as well as the hex coming off to reach some biased conclusion. Hulk wins. Magento watched his family die because some third world cops killed them by mistake mind you.

Surtur
Wolverine is slower and weaker yet he almost closed the distance. Hulk wins. Facts matter.

Different situations. Magneto is going to be paying attention to the big green monster leaping at him. And you act like Hulk is a speedster now. He is not. He moves quickly for his size. Magneto swats him away and then puts up a shield.

quanchi112
Different situations. Magneto is going to be paying attention to the big green monster leaping at him. And you act like Hulk is a speedster now. He is not. He moves quickly for his size. Magneto swats him away and then puts up a shield. Hulk is very fast. Look at him close the distance on the jet shooting at him while he's kicking Thor's ass. Magneto wasn't that fast to react to Wolverine so he's going to get his ass kicked by the Hulk.

Robtard
Can magneto reform and go blow for blow ?

What is this nonsense of focusing on power only and ignoring what iron man had to deal with during the fight as well as the hex coming off to reach some biased conclusion.

Hulk wins. Magento watched his family die because some third world cops killed them by mistake mind you.

Who cares if IM had to repair? That was the suit's powerset.

Focusing on film feats is debating in the MVF.

Nah. Not against Apoc Mags, in a metropolitan city no less where there's metal all around to use

Surtur
Hulk is very fast. Look at him close the distance on the jet shooting at him while he's kicking Thor's ass. Magneto wasn't that fast to react to Wolverine so he's going to get his ass kicked by the Hulk.

Like I said, different situations. Magneto is amped, and he has nothing to distract him. Hulk won't get close lol. Either you didn't watch the movie or you just really love Hulk.

quanchi112
Like I said, different situations. Magneto is amped, and he has nothing to distract him. Hulk won't get close lol. Either you didn't watch the movie or you just really love Hulk. I watched the film and know Hulk is faster than Wolverine and magneto didn't even kill him. Hulk is far more durable as well. He's going to run right through it.

Surtur
Something will stop him before he gets close. Snag him up by the leg when he is running or swat him out of the air if he leaps.

quanchi112
Something will stop him before he gets close. Snag him up by the leg when he is running or swat him out of the air if he leaps. Imagination debating without anything substantial to back it up. Fanboy. Hulk wins based off the evidence.

Surtur
Imagination debating without anything substantial to back it up. Fanboy. Hulk wins based off the evidence.

It's looking at what the guy can do when he puts his mind to it, but okay. We'll have to agree to disagree. You say I'm a fanboy, but I'm not. I think Magneto is a cool character, but that is about it.

quanchi112
It's looking at what the guy can do when he puts his mind to it, but okay. We'll have to agree to disagree. You say I'm a fanboy, but I'm not. I think Magneto is a cool character, but that is about it. You just said something will stop him basically saying I don't know but I bet he could. That's being biased. Hulk leapt at the leviathan and changed its momentum. You think magneto can whip up so etching bigger and more durable than that in no time. Get real.

Surtur
You just said something will stop him basically saying I don't know but I bet he could. That's being biased. Hulk leapt at the leviathan and changed its momentum. You think magneto can whip up so etching bigger and more durable than that in no time. Get real.

I'm basing it on the feats he showed in the movie. Whipping up metal objects quite fast. Showing an ability to rip up material from the ground. We can extrapolate on things you know. It's not a bias.

quanchi112
I'm basing it on the feats he showed in the movie. Whipping up metal objects quite fast. Showing an ability to rip up material from the ground. We can extrapolate on things you know. It's not a bias. Well base it off evidence and base it off a time with something you've seen on screen. You can't just make shit up in your head and think that's concrete evidence.

Stigma
So the general consensus seems to be that Magneto wins decisively here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stigma
So the general consensus seems to be that Magneto wins decisively here. Evidence favors Hulk.

Evidence>popularity.

TheLordofMurder
Evidence favors Magneto...

Bias favors quanchi...

Magneto wins baxsed on his planet shaking power...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Bias favors quanchi...

Magneto wins baxsed on his planet shaking power... This isn't about who can rattle what it's about who wins in a fight. You've never been able to grasp relevance to irrelevance. Hulk is quicker, stronger, more durable, etc. He easily defeats Magneto once he gets ahold of him. Evidence and their actual powers actually matter.

Stigma
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Bias favors quanchi...

Magneto wins baxsed on his planet shaking power...
Good points.

quanchi112
Good points. Based on ?

FrothByte
So the general consensus seems to be that Magneto wins decisively here.

No. I believe the consensus is Magneto wins if he is able to gather enough power fast enough before Hulk turns him into pulp.

John Murdoch
No. I believe the consensus is Magneto wins if he is able to gather enough power fast enough before Hulk turns him into pulp.

Agreed sir.

ShadowFyre
I personally see this as an endurance contest. If mags run out of energy he's toast. I'm honestly on the ropes on this one. Mags is pretty powerful.

carthage
Hulk per current versions is wearing armor which means Magneto ragdolls him and crushes his head with his helmet or rapes him with his hammers

GG Hulk sucks compared to Erik

FrothByte
Hulk per current versions is wearing armor which means Magneto ragdolls him and crushes his head with his helmet or rapes him with his hammers

GG Hulk sucks compared to Erik

Hulk as last seen is without armor.

quanchi112

GG Hulk sucks compared to Erik Hulk was not wearing armor at the end of the film. You're not clever are you. This isn't Hulk with his armor on Sakaar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.