It's not just Brexit that shows how retarded the British are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Steve Zodiac

Robtard
It this more invasive and 'broad stroke of powers' carte blanche style than what we did initially here with our Homeland Security, when we were all told we needed to be scared?

lazybones
*cough* right wing Republicans called Snowden a traitor *cough*

But anyway, pretty much every country right now is beefing up their intelligence services. The UK under May seems ridiculously keen to stay ahead of this game, but this bill is probably where most countries want to be if they can manage it.

But yeah, America does do better on freedom (particularly free speech). Athough both the far right and far left in the US seem to want to undermine it, which is worrying. That's a story for another time though, and doesn't detract from this shitty bill which I agree should have been challenged.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Robtard
It this more invasive and 'broad stroke of powers' carte blanche style than what we did initially here with our Homeland Security, when we were all told we needed to be scared?

Yes it is, the ANPR camera data alone is now attached to face recognition software. Figures on ANPR are unbelievable, 26-30 million pictures a day depending on who you believe. You can track who you want real time. The U.K. is one big open prison.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/anpr-cameras-in-norwich-1-5275930

snowdragon
There isn't anything patriotic about the Patriot Act, just as this should be called the prying into your life act not The Investigatory Powers Act.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by snowdragon
There isn't anything patriotic about the Patriot Act, just as this should be called the prying into your life act not The Investigatory Powers Act.

For once we agree Snowdragon.

Surtur
Originally posted by lazybones
*cough* right wing Republicans called Snowden a traitor *cough*

But anyway, pretty much every country right now is beefing up their intelligence services. The UK under May seems ridiculously keen to stay ahead of this game, but this bill is probably where most countries want to be if they can manage it.

But yeah, America does do better on freedom (particularly free speech). Athough both the far right and far left in the US seem to want to undermine it, which is worrying. That's a story for another time though, and doesn't detract from this shitty bill which I agree should have been challenged.

You have to know how parties view leaking stuff here. If it makes them look bad, leaking is horrible and needs to be stopped. If it doesn't make them look bad, but makes the other party look bad, then leaks are not so bad.

The guy who used to be in charge of our FBI leaked his own notes to the press in order to provoke an investigation into the president lol. This was admitted in a court of law, no less. They were his own notes so it was legal.

It's just how we do.

Surtur
Speaking of retarded British people...

Don't call us snowflakes - it damages our mental health, say young people

erm

That's not an article from The Onion either. This is real.

Raisen
Lol. Been gone for a few days and Steve still going strong. Good thread tho bro

Surtur
I will admit part of me has always wanted to visit the UK. Mostly Ireland, because I'm mostly Irish.

I doubt I'll ever get there. All I can do is watch the Leprechaun horror movies to feel close to that land.

Raisen
Just smash red heads and eat lucky charms.
Close enough

jaden101
Originally posted by Surtur
I will admit part of me has always wanted to visit the UK. Mostly Ireland, because I'm mostly Irish.

I doubt I'll ever get there. All I can do is watch the Leprechaun horror movies to feel close to that land.

Aye uhhhh....Ireland's a different country, mate.

Firefly218

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
Aye uhhhh....Ireland's a different country, mate.

But is it not considered part of the UK? Because with Brexit shit we hear all this stuff about how Ireland wants to leave or change stuff or whatever.

I know it's a different country lol. I just thought it was usually included when you say UK.

jaden101
Originally posted by Surtur
But is it not considered part of the UK? Because with Brexit shit we hear all this stuff about how Ireland wants to leave or change stuff or whatever.

I know it's a different country lol. I just thought it was usually included when you say UK.

When people say "Ireland" they generally the Republic of Ireland or southern Ireland. Eire.

Its not part of the UK. Its not part of Brexit or leaving the EU. It uses the Euro as its currency, has its own government etc.

Northern Ireland is part of the UK though but that's a small chunk of the island of Ireland at the north East run currently by Westminster in London because their devolved parliament was run by childish morons who can't work together and so got dissolved.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Island-of-Ireland.PNG

Surtur
I guess I was thinking of the northern part lol.

jaden101
Wouldn't bother....its a shit hole. 😂

jaden101
But if you do ever go then make sure you know which places you can call it "Ireland" and which places you should call it Ulster.

They're a bit touchy about that stuff over there.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
Wouldn't bother....its a shit hole. 😂

Damn, well, guess I'll just go and prepare for season 4 of Peaky Blinders.

whgdkjDJAjg

Khazra Reborn
Go to Iceland, other than that, Europe is a toilet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.