The problem with Job Reports

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-jobs-report-is-overhyped-heres-why-thats-a-problem/

dadudemon
So what's your point?

Take a position and state your point.

Rockydonovang
I don't have a position, the point was to post info which others could make points about.

If you want to get into an argument, argue something, my only goal with this thread is to keep people informed on sh!t that doesn't get covered anymore.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I don't have a position, the point was to post info which others could make points about.

If you want to get into an argument, argue something, my only goal with this thread is to keep people informed on sh!t that doesn't get covered anymore.

Well, now you know what no one has responded to your thread. There's nothing to discuss and you refuse to present a position to discuss.

These types of low effort threads used to get removed. Enjoy your crickets.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, now you know what no one has responded to your thread. There's nothing to discuss and you refuse to present a position to discuss.

That you depend on me to form your own opinions is sad.

Silent Master
At least he has an opinion.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Silent Master
At least he has an opinion. But he doesn't?

Not that "having an opinion" is inherently good outside of the world of self-worship double d seems to like occupying.

Surtur
Speaking of reports, when I see something about job reports I think of the economy. Rocky, what do you feel about Obama taking credit for the way the economy is doing now?

t00nish
Originally posted by Surtur
Speaking of reports, when I see something about job reports I think of the economy. Rocky, what do you feel about Obama taking credit for the way the economy is doing now?

Happy Dance

If I may quickly interject. We are still living on a down ramp of what Obama has done in the past 8 years as we're transitioning into a life of ideologies of the Trump administration.

Firefly218
Speaking of reports, when I see something about job reports I think of the economy. Rocky, what do you feel about Obama taking credit for the way the economy is doing now? When Obama entered office, the economy was on a massive downward trend. When Obama left office, the economy was on a steady upward trend.

Trump has inherited an improving economy and you not giving Obama any credit for that is the essence of partisan hackery.

Silent Master
What laws, regulations etc did Obama write that caused the economy to recover?

shiv
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-jobs-report-is-overhyped-heres-why-thats-a-problem/

Originally posted by dadudemon
So what's your point?

Take a position and state your point.

And this goes here:

Twelve Minutes: Thirty Eight Seconds

Teddy Ted - The Fugitive - Not The Musical Artist

12:38 ⯈

W_NvTjrr4mY

Rockydonovang
Gee, I wonder why the president who the economic upswing started under would take credit for the economic upswing that started under, *his* administration.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Silent Master
What laws, regulations etc did Obama write that caused the economy to recover?
His Stimulus.

Flyattractor
The only thing that Obama ever did that HELPED the Economy was LEAVE OFFICE!!!!!!

shiv
My opinion on the five thirty eight report is

It serves as a useful reminder to:

Verify data before you consume it

And be alert to the time - and the situation #Context - at the time data is captured and filed

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The only thing that Obama ever did that HELPED the Economy was LEAVE OFFICE!!!!!!
Nah, Obama actually did an adequate job helping the economy recover.

Flyattractor
I would give that credit to the actual work of the ECONOMY and nothing that Obama did.

ArtificialGlory
I would give that credit to the actual work of the ECONOMY and nothing that Obama did.
That's partially true as the recovery was part of the natural downswing-upswing market cycle. But the Obama-backed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, for example, helped in the recovery substantially.

Flyattractor
You mean when he took money FROM the Economy and then just more or less gave some of it back?

What a great guy.

ArtificialGlory
You mean when he took money FROM the Economy and then just more or less gave some of it back?

What a great guy. That's a gross oversimplification if I ever heard one. Here's a detailed article on the act: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_2009

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
When Obama entered office, the economy was on a massive downward trend. When Obama left office, the economy was on a steady upward trend.

Trump has inherited an improving economy and you not giving Obama any credit for that is the essence of partisan hackery.

All I did was ask a question. That is partisan hackery?

Firefly218
All I did was ask a question. That is partisan hackery? Indeed, if you don't credit much of this economic upswing to the administration under which it was spurred you are a partisan hack. I'm not necessarily saying that's the case, although it seems that it is.

The problem is that Trump is taking credit for the economic fruits of the Obama admin, which isn't right. Trump doesn't deserve any credit yet.

Surtur
IMO you should wait until I express those ideas before saying I feel them. I was merely curious about what people thought about it. Mostly because when he first got elected I could have sworn we had people writing articles saying the economy would tank, etc. because of him.

Maybe I just remember wrong.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Firefly218
Indeed, if you don't credit much of this economic upswing to the administration under which it was spurred you are a partisan hack. I'm not necessarily saying that's the case, although it seems that it is.

The problem is that Trump is taking credit for the economic fruits of the Obama admin, which isn't right. Trump doesn't deserve any credit yet.

I spoke to an actual economist about this. He said that the "effects" of a presidency cannot be felt until about 2 years in barring major or sweeping policies.

Has Trump done anything major or implemented any sweeping policies to affect the economy? I'm sure Surtur would point to the fact that comfort and joy from Wall Street has contributed to the stock market upswing from the past 11-ish months.

But what do you think? You already know what Surtur's arguments will be but I'm more interested in your ideas.

Rockydonovang
Trump has to enact economic policy first

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.