Ultraman runs the Gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
He gets a fresh dose of Knite after each battle

1. Aquaman & Namor
2. Hercules
3. Thor
4. Hyperion
5. Silver Surfer
6. Sentry (before MM)
7. WWH
8. Thor & BRB
9. Thanos

One_Angry_Scot
Here's an Ultraman respect thread I made.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=625094

TethAdamTheRock
Thanks

carver9
Thor stops him.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Stops at 8

krisblaze
Stops dead at 3.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by krisblaze
Stops dead at 3.

Yea i was thinking the same.

MrMind
stops at 9

TethAdamTheRock

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MrMind
stops at 9

Lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ultraman, who at his core is a terrible coward the moment he faces any noteworthy opposition, cannot sustained prolonged battle without being rejuvenated, is weakened by exposure to Solar energy and primarily fights h2h?

Basically a crack-head Superman with a HUGE weakness. Thor kills him.

quanchi112
Thor wrecks him.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ultraman, who at his core is a terrible coward the moment he faces any noteworthy opposition, cannot sustained prolonged battle without being rejuvenated, is weakened by exposure to Solar energy and primarily fights h2h?

Basically a crack-head Superman. Thor kills him.

He on;y becomes a coward once he is drained or if he's facing someone who is far above him like Antimonitor. And even then that was only once he knew he would be killed. He wasn't scared of Black Adam he crushed him. And he wasn't scared of Mazahs either.

krisblaze
To be fair Ultraman wasn't scared when Superman was beating him silly either.

MrMind
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yea i was thinking the same.
lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
He on;y becomes a coward once he is drained or if he's facing someone who is far above him like Antimonitor. And even then that was only once he knew he would be killed. He wasn't scared of Black Adam he crushed him. And he wasn't scared of Mazahs either.

The point of that reveal as I understood is that at his core, Ultraman is actually a complete coward. The opposite of Superman even in a spiritual sense. I don't think it has anything to do with being drained and more to do with facing the prospect of death or loss (Obviously being powerless would significantly increase that feeling).

But I'm not arguing he's going to be terrified of anyone on this list. I just think he's mental fortitude at it's core is that of a defeatist the opposite of what makes Superman special. Just my opinion.

TethAdamTheRock
To be fair Ultraman wasn't scared when Superman was beating him silly either. Scan?

Sin I AM
The point of that reveal as I understood is that at his core, Ultraman is actually a complete coward. The opposite of Superman even in a spiritual sense. I don't think it has anything to do with being drained and more to do with facing the prospect of death or loss (Obviously being powerless would significantly increase that feeling).

But I'm not arguing he's going to be terrified of anyone on this list. I just think he's mental fortitude at it's core is that of a defeatist the opposite of what makes Superman special. Just my opinion.

Basically. And as soon as he fights someone who will take him to task he will lose

One_Angry_Scot

I disagree, in my mind befor ehe had the knite when the Antimonitor thing occured he was and emaciated snivelling coward but after taking it he was able to take Antimonitor on and not be scared until he was going to be killed.

I do agree that essentially he is a huge coward. But it sems to only be when he knows he is in imminent danger or he's waiting for his next fix. I'd agree on the cowardice thing but not so sure on the defeatist thing.

So I halfway agree with you but not 100%.

Basically. And as soon as he fights someone who will take him to task he will lose

Thing is if we look at Mazahs and how Ultraman reacted to him. I don't see a coked Ultraman who isn't being hindered by an outside influence being scared of anyone on this list bar Thanos. And even then that would be once he is being close to being killed.

His main strenght is his power and recklesness. If he loses that then granted he will probably lose. But with a fresh dose every battle I don't think he will.

If he didn't get refuelleed each time then that'd be much different.

One_Angry_Scot
And to add the reason I said he might be scared of Thanos initially was a tounge in cheek thing. As he is one of the ugliest bastards in comics.

Sin I AM

Thing is if we look at Mazahs and how Ultraman reacted to him. I don't see a coked Ultraman who isn't being hindered by an outside influence being scared of anyone on this list bar Thanos. And even then that would be once he is being close to being killed.

His main strenght is his power and recklesness. If he loses that then granted he will probably lose. But with a fresh dose every battle I don't think he will.

If he didn't get refuelleed each time then that'd be much different.

All valid points however the simple fact that the op had to amp him before every match proves just how exploitable his weaknesses are.

TethAdamTheRock
All valid points however the simple fact that the op had to amp him before every match proves just how exploitable his weaknesses are. Normal Ultraman is above thor

One_Angry_Scot
All valid points however the simple fact that the op had to amp him before every match proves just how exploitable his weaknesses are.

But in my mind that's like using the Hulk in a thread then saying they had to amp Bruce Banner witha Hulk transformation otherwise he would be killed.

krisblaze
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Normal Ultraman is above thor

Not a chance.

TethAdamTheRock
Not a chance. Yes he is

One_Angry_Scot

An Ultraman without kryptonite amp is eons below Thor.

krisblaze
Yes he is

No, he wishes.

Sin I AM

Not at all. Id say hes a notch below

But in my mind that's like using the Hulk in a thread then saying they had to amp Bruce Banner witha Hulk transformation otherwise he would be killed.

Apples and oranges. Uman needs outside assistance. Banner does not

One_Angry_Scot
Not at all. Id say hes a notch below

Apples and oranges. Uman needs outside assistance. Banner does not

So does Banner. He needs the Hulk. Though like you say apples and oranges.

krisblaze
Good thing few people make Banner vs X threads then stick out tongue

One_Angry_Scot
Good thing few people make Banner vs X threads then stick out tongue

In general I don't think the argument needs to be made really. In my opinion the outside asistance thing is only relevant if we wanted to go into semantics to the nth level.

Though it won't stop me doing a Banner vs X-men thread like you mentioned haha.

Sin I AM
So does Banner. He needs the Hulk. Though like you say apples and oranges.

Not really. Banner IS hulk. He doesnt require outside stimuls to ramp up. Yea it helps but hes always angry. Hell Banner doesnt even really have to change

https://78.media.tumblr.com/633c4d4697b4d5a73e9cf3f4185b054f/tumblr_p0tcuicrUG1vq8arpo1_400.jpg

leonidas
thor stops him, at least for a majority.

One_Angry_Scot
Not really. Banner IS hulk. He doesnt require outside stimuls to ramp up. Yea it helps but hes always angry. Hell Banner doesnt even really have to change

https://78.media.tumblr.com/633c4d4697b4d5a73e9cf3f4185b054f/tumblr_p0tcuicrUG1vq8arpo1_400.jpg

Like I was saying to Kris I was just geting into semantics really. I don't pay to much attention to what I mentione din my replies in the sense that like you say Banner and Hulk are intrinsically linked. Was just making a point.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by leonidas
thor stops him, at least for a majority.

What makes you think that mate?

Sin I AM
Like I was saying to Kris I was just geting into semantics really. I don't pay to much attention to what I mentione din my replies in the sense that like you say Banner and Hulk are intrinsically linked. Was just making a point.

I know...just giving u a hard time scot laughing out loud

One_Angry_Scot

sad stick out tongue

DarkSaint85

You wish.

Leave him alone.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You wish.

Leave him alone.

Ill give you more than a hard time if you dont shut your piehole saint

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ultraman's weakness is yellow solar radiation. Thor has almost instantaneous teleportation and can open portals to Stars. Mjolnir can summon cosmic forces equivalent to Solar energy of many multiples.

Bad match up.

DarkSaint85
Ill give you more than a hard time if you dont shut your piehole saint

No, he wishes.

xJLxKing
I feel like he either stops at SS or Thor

The others like Sentry, WWH should be much easier.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I feel like he either stops at SS or Thor

The others like Sentry, WWH should be much easier.

Yea its way out of order

carver9
WWH kills him. Sentry kills him. The list is great.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by carver9
WWH kills him. Sentry kills him. The list is great. Why do you dislike Ultraman

carver9
Why do you dislike Ultraman

I don't. I just don't think he did anything over what anyone here is capable of or have done. Powerful character but majority of that list takes him out.

Adam Grimes
Ultraman's weakness is yellow solar radiation. Thor has almost instantaneous teleportation and can open portals to Stars. Mjolnir can summon cosmic forces equivalent to Solar energy of many multiples.

Bad match up. How is that different to 'Surfer opens a black hole in his brein ftw ez pz!'?

zopzop
Stops hard at Thor. We saw Black Adam's feeble lightening attack actually draw blood from Ultraman. Thor's magical lightening attacks are way more impressive. Thor fries UM to a crisp.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Black Adam didn't draw blood. He only shocked him. Ultraman started bleeding from his nose after Black Adam was dispatched because the fight drained him and he needed a recharge. Still doesn't bode well for him here as Thor has far more powerful lightning that can be spammed repeatedly that's not tied to a magic word.

Also, I can't believe Black Adam was basically rendered useless with a shattered jaw. Pathetic. The Black Adam of old would have just gotten angrier and fought harder.

Zack M
That was old Adam. Anyway, Adam had a beastly strength feat during that arc.

Sin I AM
Adam is a shadow of his former self

Zack M
Not really. He defeated a Guardian (Pale Bishop), killed the Council of Eternity, etc...He has some REALLY high feats.

quanchi112
The Black Adam of old was awesome this one, nah.

LordofBrooklyn
WHORINSON is much more likely to brawl than use Mjolnir's varied abilities.

Given his usual mindset why doesn't that put the Son of Nothing at a distinct disadvantage to Ultraman?

Facee
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
WHORINSON is much more likely to brawl than use Mjolnir's varied abilities.

Given his usual mindset why doesn't that put the Son of Nothing at a distinct disadvantage to Ultraman?
Because even if he brawls UM still gets wrecked. Now go back to ur kennel!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Facee
Because even if he brawls UM still gets wrecked. Now go back to ur kennel!

I CAN FEEL THE UGLINESS FROM YOUR REPULSIVE FACE THROUGH THE MONITOR!!!

tkitna
Stops at 3. Maybe 2 if Hercules got his hands on him.

Zack M
LOL! Hercules taking out Ultraman? nah, man.

tkitna
The guy that goes toe to toe with Thor on a constant basis? Yeah man.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by tkitna

A Thor who is weaker, slower, and less vicious than Ultraman.

Sin I AM

You have to admit Ultraman is a bit of a dud. Superman-lite esqe character.

LordofBrooklyn

Druggie Superman>>>>>>>> ANY Asgardian

carver9
Stops at 3. Maybe 2 if Hercules got his hands on him.

Yep.

tkitna

Ultramans a punk. Thor would whip him.

-K-M-

Dud? He actually has some pretty good showings

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -K-M-
Dud? He actually has some pretty good showings

Character depiction not power levels Mungi

quanchi112
Character depiction not power levels Mungi People really seem to only care about power levels these days.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
People really seem to only care about power levels these days.

laughing

Funny

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
laughing

Funny I am most wise.

TethAdamTheRock
Lmao

JBL
Thor drops him hard.

Zack M

A coked up UM is a tier above those two.

tkitna
Originally posted by Zack M
A coked up UM is a tier above those two.

Only in your world

Zack M
I'd like to know HOW Herc would actually beat a coked up UM. UM is faster, more durable, stronger, etc... Stop being biased here.

Zack M

thumb up

Exactly.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Zack M
I'd like to know HOW Herc would actually beat a coked up UM. UM is faster, more durable, stronger, etc... Stop being biased here.

You answered your own question zack. Guys needs a boost just to be competitive

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Zack M
You answered your own question zack. Guys needs a boost just to be competitive

Per OP rules. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.