Calexit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
ZkWrhLb9sUI eek!

CPT Space Bomb
Good Riddance...course they'd never survive on their own but....yah.

socool8520
Well......bye.

ArtificialGlory
Not gonna happen, guy needs to stop wasting his breath.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
course they'd never survive on their own
thumb up

Bashar Teg
https://www.snopes.com/2017/01/30/calexit-campaign-supported-russia/

Surtur
I always found this funny:

Calexit leader quits secession effort to make his home in Russia

Bashar Teg
but russia's a funny meme, now. so we can't discuss the hostile nation actively meddling in our democracy, because that makes trump look bad.

Surtur
It is because of the Russian hysteria that the Cal Exit dude quitting and going there is hilarious.

ArtificialGlory

Robtard
This CalExit isn't something new, no more than Texas succeeding is new. It's a stupid pipe-dream that pops up every so often.

But Ca provides more money to the government than any other state, unlike welfare states like Alabama and Kentucky.

On it's own, Ca has around the 6th or 7th strongest economy in the world, going up against other countries.

So California haters can suck it. They be jealous smile

Surtur

Robtard
^

Seems I triggered Surtur and wasn't even trying :0

Surtur
TIL: Posting an article means you're triggered.

Robtard
It's because you posted an irrelevant article as a form of attack, Surt.

BTW, Ca ranks 28th in test scores overall :0

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
It's because you posted an irrelevant article as a form of attack, Surt.

BTW, Ca ranks 28th in test scores overall :0

It wasn't a form of attack at all. It was just an article.

Surtur

Robtard
You're having a full blown meltdown over California again. Yes!

Bashar Teg
petty and irrelevant article posting. thumb down

Surtur

I have to wonder why people on the left tend to set the bar so low for things lol.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I have to wonder why people on the left tend to set the bar so low for things lol.

California is always a trigger for you. It's hilarious

Rockydonovang
Democratic states like Californa and New York contribute more to the country than republican states like Arizona and Arkansas.

But liberal states are the welfare ones.

Surtur
California is always a trigger for you. It's hilarious

You just set yourself up for failure when you set the bar so low, but okay lol.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Democratic states like Californa and New York contribute more to the country than republican states like Arizona and Arkansas.

It really depends on where in the country you wanna look. Chicago is run by Dems, and it sure as hell isn't doing good. Things get continually worse and people are fleeing in record numbers.

Robtard
Chicago isn't a state, sport. It's a city. YW

BackFire
Video is from August.

Wasn't there already a discussion on this topic? It's functionally impossible for a state to secede like this. It'll never happen. It's amusing and fun to think about on a theoretical level but unless there's some kind of hostile takeover of America, states won't be seceding.

Surtur
Chicago isn't a state, sport. It's a city. YW

No shit, and the stuff about fleeing was about Illinois in general. Record numbers of people going.

cdtm

Well, they also have the richest people, and one of the biggest economic gulfs, so it makes sense. Considering the 1 percenters hoard more wealth then the 99% combined.

Like I always say, if con's admit to being social darwinist's, why isn't anyone on the left attacking rich leftist's who talk about helping the poor, but live like kings. Demand those tech, hollywood, art, finance what have you democrats go door to door and give out 500,000 per family in the ghetto's. Or million. These are multi billionaire's we're talking about.

Robtard
No shit, and the stuff about fleeing was about Illinois in general. Record numbers of people going.

And Rocky was talking about the states as a whole, sport. Not micro examples you choose to push a narrative.

I also see what trig'd you here, it was my use of the world "welfare", as I said, wasn't intentional towards you. Oh well, you'll get over it eventually.

dadudemon

dadudemon
Last link for the above:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

Surtur
And Rocky was talking about the states as a whole, sport. Not micro examples you choose to push a narrative.

I also see what trig'd you here, it was my use of the world "welfare", as I said, wasn't intentional towards you. Oh well, you'll get over it eventually.

The word didn't trigger me at all. I am pointing out the problems in Illinois, I began with my city. I expanded to talk about how people are leaving the state at record numbers. Not just Chicago, the entire state.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
Last link for the above:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

Got to wonder what the politics are behind this.

Isn't it convienent that that states with "working poor" can afford low tax rates, because subsidy, while a state like New York has high costs of living, anx effectively shuts out the poor from any reasonable standard of living?

I guess "Yay blue" if the narrative is "Democrats don't need handouts", but I still say liberals are turning a blind eye to economic disparity in their own back yard to waste time yelling at these working poor social darwinist's.

What's more useful, going after the Kotch brothers for charity, or the millionaire art dealer who lives in a penthouse?

Bottom line, if liberals the claaa divide won't get better if poor minorities go after poor whites. Instead, poor liberals should be going after rich libeals and demanding handouts. And if they won't pay up, abandon the party and start up something that addresses the real issues: Between the rich and the poor.

Whether it's a L or an R 1%er really shouldn't matter.

BackFire
What do you think are the contributing factors to people leaving Illinois?

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
What do you think are the contributing factors to people leaving Illinois?

IMO high property taxes are driving people away. We have the highest.

BackFire
IMO high property taxes are driving people away. We have the highest.

I think similar things are happening here in Cali. Lot of people seem to want to leave because it's very expensive to live and also very crowded, at least in cities.

Also it's constantly on fire.

SquallX

Surtur

quanchi112
Give me Ohio any day of the week over that cesspool of evil known as Cali.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Give me Ohio any day of the week over that cesspool of evil known as Cali.

I enjoyed it. Went on vacaiton to Cedar Point as a kid.

quanchi112
I enjoyed it. Went on vacaiton to Cedar Point as a kid. Do not ever come back to my state again.

Surtur
I'm gonna go there to spite you now. There was this nice TGIF's there...

quanchi112
I'm gonna go there to spite you now. There was this nice TGIF's there... No, you won't.

Surtur
Oh the funny thing is I might be driving through your state in June for a wedding smile

quanchi112
Oh the funny thing is I might be driving through your state in June for a wedding smile I'll be ready and waiting.

SquallX

Flyattractor

Easy to melt things when the place is always on FIRE!

Insensitive much Robbie?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by cdtm

Like I always say, if con's admit to being social darwinist's, why isn't anyone on the left attacking rich leftist's who talk about helping the poor, but live like kings..
Because being rich doesn't warrant you getting attacked.

And like usual you mischaractize a bunch of people's beliefs. I'm currently writing a paper highlighting the New York City's history of policies which artificially accelerate gentrification at the cost of communities for the sake of a quick influx of cash from rich people.

Maybe if you attacked specific arguments rather than try to make generalizations about a wide variety of people, you wouldn't spend so much time attacking strawmen.

Flyattractor
Because being rich doesn't warrant you getting attacked.

And like usual you mischaractize a bunch of people's beliefs. I'm currently writing a paper highlighting the New York City's history of policies which artificially accelerate gentrification at the cost of communities for the sake of a quick influx of cash from rich people.

Maybe if you attacked specific arguments rather than try to make generalizations about a wide variety of people, you wouldn't spend so much time attacking strawmen.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.