Dr Doom Standalone film...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CPT Space Bomb
As a lot of us know, Fox was at the very least intending to make a standalone Doom film....however with Disney likely purchasing the rights back that movie is in jeopardy....

However, I really hope that the MCU, as I've stated before; still continues with the idea of a solo Doom film.

Here is just a TASTE of what could await us in the hands of better directors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXVJfBnG0bw

Yah, it's a fan film, but it's fkng incredible and stands as the best "Live action"version of Doom we've seen. Let's hope the MCU can save our favorite Latverian Ruler from the movie hell he's been in....

Kazenji
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=641251&highlight=title%3A%28Doom%29+forumid%3A2

wink

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=641251&highlight=title%3A%28Doom%29+forumid%3A2

wink Cool. Glad that got its own topic...certainly deserved it. Just hope we get some concrete casting news soon.

Adam Grimes
He's too boring to carry a film on his own.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He's too boring to carry a film on his own. Um...no. His origin alone if done with care could be great....let alone him owning some of the most epic villain stories in history.

Mindset
He's too boring to carry a film on his own. Doom is one of the most interesting comic characters ever created.

steverules_2
He's too boring to carry a film on his own.

The original films never did him justice, especially the 2015 film

Firefly218
Leonardo DiCaprio as Dr. Doom

quanchi112
Never cared for Victor Von.

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
Never cared for Victor Von. In 7 years when Dr. Doom is the big Avengers 5 villain you're gonna be all over Victor Von's cock. Just like you didn't care for Winter Soldier or the Russos and now suddenly they're your favorite lol

P-Geyser
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Um...no. His origin alone if done with care could be great....let alone him owning some of the most epic villain stories in history. Amen. Doom is my favorite Marvel Villain

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
In 7 years when Dr. Doom is the big Avengers 5 villain you're gonna be all over Victor Von's cock. Just like you didn't care for Winter Soldier or the Russos and now suddenly they're your favorite lol I like the WS but he isn't even my favorite hero from the MCU. I also don't love Cap. Russos delivered which shows I'm objective. I've always loved Thanos and as much as you want it to be he will never be Thanos. Ever. Thanos is the grand villain just hope you get a serviceable Doom. He's already failed multiple times on the big screen.

Thanos has always been my favorite you JL is going to beat Avengers retard.

Flyattractor
I would love to see the bit where Doom does the HILARIOUS Hot Metal Mask in the Snow Bit.

Always laugh my ass off at that.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Firefly218
In 7 years when Dr. Doom is the big Avengers 5 villain you're gonna be all over Victor Von's cock. Just like you didn't care for Winter Soldier or the Russos and now suddenly they're your favorite lol I wonder where marvel based movies will be 10 years from now, you think they will continue, reboot, or fall off?

Would be weird to see a rebooted Captain America with a different actor

Firefly218

Flyattractor
Next Wave will be to intro the SJW Marvel U....unless Disney realizes that shit don't sell....

TethAdamTheRock
Sjw?

quanchi112
Fly is obsessed with hating on the success of Disney. He's a loser.

Flyattractor
I have the FAIL of the actual Comics to keep me aglow. Course we will have to see how well Captain Marvel does first.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I have the FAIL of the actual Comics to keep me aglow. Course we will have to see how well Captain Marvel does first. Continue to cry and complain about everything they do grumpy old loser.

Nephthys
Only if its Dr Doom vs Squirrel Girl.

Flyattractor
"att rotj"? WTF does that mean?

And I would actually like to see a Doom Movie. But sadly I wouldn't get the DOOM that I would want to see. Full Armor and Mask the Whole Movie. Nope. We gotta get No armor or mask so the actor could show his Pretty Face for all the EMO!!!!!

Not my bag.

quanchi112
"att rotj"? WTF does that mean?

And I would actually like to see a Doom Movie. But sadly I wouldn't get the DOOM that I would want to see. Full Armor and Mask the Whole Movie. Nope. We gotta get No armor or mask so the actor could show his Pretty Face for all the EMO!!!!!

Not my bag. Wtf are you even talking about ?

Firefly218

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom is one of the most interesting comic characters ever created. I hope you keep saying that when Michael Cera gets casted.

quanchi112

Firefly218

Adam Grimes
Leo will be nicholson's joker younger years my friend

Nephthys
https://68.media.tumblr.com/63a7d264b76074aecd6f1daa8676adca/tumblr_nzk00mSDGo1tcnpluo5_1280.png

DOOM > THANOS. 100% CANON FACTZ!

Flyattractor
This coming from the guy with a Living Prune as his Avatar and Sig pic.

quanchi112
Doom had a power up and lost it all like he always does. He was humiliated by Reed again. Thanos refused to yield and he survived. Thanos is about to conquer the marvel universe again. Doom is not Thanos nor will he ever be.

Flyattractor
Wtf are you even talking about ?

You can't HANDLE what I am TALKIN BOUT!!!!!!

eek!

quanchi112
You can't HANDLE what I am TALKIN BOUT!!!!!!

eek! You are a waste of time.

Flyattractor
Much like the Marvel Movies

playa1258
Doom could be one of the big bads after Thanos. They absolutely need to nail the casting of Doom and Reed.

Firefly218
Originally posted by playa1258
Doom could be one of the big bads after Thanos. They absolutely need to nail the casting of Doom and Reed. Leo DiCaprio or Joaquin Phoenix for Doom are my picks

https://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NEvSOheDMlnhzv_1_a/Sam-Phillips-Movie-Biopic-Elvis-Leonardo-Dicaprio.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WmAF-KXw_1c/UuFi7e5WOiI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/fzQbUav3P6g/s1600/joaquin+fresh+air.jpg

For Reed I saw a fan casting suggest John Krasinski

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTc3MzY3MjQ3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI3NjQxMw@@._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

BruceSkywalker
a no name actor should get cast

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
a no name actor should get cast I agree.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys
https://68.media.tumblr.com/63a7d264b76074aecd6f1daa8676adca/tumblr_nzk00mSDGo1tcnpluo5_1280.png

DOOM > THANOS. 100% CANON FACTZ!

For sure.

Doom would make an epic arch villain for the next round of the Avengers, especially if the Disney/Fox deals goes through and the F4 can be mixed in.

He's an in depth villain and thoroughly interesting character. More-so than the purple Guy Ritchie gangster goon. Disney/Marvel with the right writer, director and actor could make it happen beautifully.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Robtard
For sure.

Doom would make an epic arch villain for the next round of the Avengers, especially if the Disney/Fox deals goes through and the F4 can be mixed in.

He's an in depth villain and thoroughly interesting character. More-so than the purple Guy Ritchie gangster goon. Disney/Marvel with the right writer, director and actor could make it happen beautifully. thumb up

Robtard
I'm seeing Mark Strong in the role, since WB/DC like idiots didn't pick him for their Lex Luthor, he'd be a great doom. H

e's got that aristocratic, yet efficiently ruthless way about him, would work well for Doom.

Mindset
I will be writing, directing, and starring in the Dr. Doom movie.

-Pr-
I'm seeing Mark Strong in the role, since WB/DC like idiots didn't pick him for their Lex Luthor, he'd be a great doom. H

e's got that aristocratic, yet efficiently ruthless way about him, would work well for Doom.

"British"

Robtard
Well ya, a Brit would be ideal. But not any ole Brit.

-Pr-
Well ya, a Brit would be ideal. But not any ole Brit.

True. Hugh Grant would be crap.

Mindset
Should be Mads Mikkelsen, idc if he's already a Marvel character.

BruceSkywalker
hire a black actor to play down or a white woman lmao...

-Pr-
Should be Mads Mikkelsen, idc if he's already a Marvel character.

He was the villain in Dr. Strange.

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
He was the villain in Dr. Strange. Originally posted by Mindset
idc if he's already a Marvel character.

-Pr-
My bad.

Kazenji
I will be writing, directing, and starring in the Dr. Doom movie.

How will you be funding the movie?

-Pr-
How will you be funding the movie?

He takes the wallets of all his victims.

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
He takes the wallets of all his victims. You know too much.

Kazenji

Flyattractor
As long as we get the scene in the movie where Doom burns his own face off I will be happy.

Inhuman
Fox cant lose the rights fast enough

Kazenji
Legion tv show creator is involved with this movie, So it at least has promise there.

ares834
Noah Hawley? Yeah, he's great. Fargo is one of the best shows on TV.

I didn't realize he was working on this. Now I'm really looking forward to it. He can do great things with villains.

TheVaultDweller
Hmmm, if Noah Hawley is onboard, there might actually be some hope for this.

Darth Thor
This still happening?

Fox really isnt acting like the Disney deals going through anytime soon.

TheVaultDweller
Well, I doubt they had any plans on doing anything before the MCU wrapped up its current phase in anyways, so there is still a bit of a window to churn out more films/tv shows.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/05/noah-hawley-has-finished-writing-his-doctor-doom-movie-but-dont-expect-to-see-it-soon

He finished the script but still wants to tweak it. He'll get back to it after the movie he's currently directing. Good to hear Marvel is making this happen. If there's any villain from any comic book universe who should get his own movie, it's Doom.

quanchi112

carthage

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/05/noah-hawley-has-finished-writing-his-doctor-doom-movie-but-dont-expect-to-see-it-soon

He finished the script but still wants to tweak it. He'll get back to it after the movie he's currently directing. Good to hear Marvel is making this happen. If there's any villain from any comic book universe who should get his own movie, it's Doom. Well, he has chops, and I do like the sounds of it being inspired by Winter Soldier. That's still in my top 3 favorite MCU films.

As long as the studios let Doom BE DOOM then it's gonna be awesome. If they try to **** with his origin/characterizations too much as they have 3 prior times....then he's gonna suck again.

Kazenji
Been reading the script for this is almost done but the film itself is being held up because of the Disney/Fox merger.

Kazenji
This movie is still in Limbo, Despite Noah Hawley meeting with Kevin Feige about it.

quanchi112
Feige alone needs to determine the fate of this film.

Kazenji
I would like to see it happen but if it doesn't...oh well.

quanchi112
I would like to see it happen but if it doesn't...oh well. It needs to align with their post phase 3 plans.

Josh_Alexander
A Villain stand-alone MCU movie?....I don't know, don't think so. Would be cool though, to get villain movies.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
A Villain stand-alone MCU movie?....I don't know, don't think so. Would be cool though, to get villain movies.

That's what DC thought about suicide squad.

Kazenji
Or maybe that movie itself was handled badly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
That's what DC thought about suicide squad. If anything is executed correctly it can work.

jaden_2.0
If anything is executed correctly it can work.

I hope so. I haven't particularly liked any of the live action portrayals of Dr Doom but that's more because the movies and scripts were poor. Toby Kebbel and Julian McMahon are both very good actors.

quanchi112
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I hope so. I haven't particularly liked any of the live action portrayals of Dr Doom but that's more because the movies and scripts were poor. Toby Kebbel and Julian McMahon are both very good actors. The MCU is on a historic run but they can surely nail Doom. I do not particularly care for the character and and more interested in Galactus and the Silver Surfer but in time we will know for sure. I do not want to wait another ten years for the next big MCU throw down but good things come to those who wait.

jaden_2.0
Well most post endgame stuff is a mystery at this point. With the acquisition of more character rights who knows who they'll bring into the mix. Plenty to choose from street level to God level. I hope they keep the mix of almost political action thriller ala Winter Soldier to massive Sci-Fi spectacle ala IW. It's a testament to the writing of Cap A's character that he's fitted into both those style of movies so easily. .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.