Juggernaut vs Thor only H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
Thats whats up. current tubes of cyttorak juggernaut vs thor only H2H. they throw hands what happens?

Dareangel
lets go people opinions

xJLxKing
Jugg

Dareangel
Do you believe thor will give him a hard fight at least or will juggernaut just dominate him badly?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Force field or no force field?

celeyhyga17
Force field is standard Juggy's highest end durability showing imo. Put that against Thor's highest end durability feats.... Well...

Rage.Of.Olympus
That is a good point.

This is a H2H fight and not a slug fest. Juggernaut might be more durable I guess, but Thor's his equal in strength and faster but more importantly far more skilled.

leonidas
no force field and thor beats the sh!t out of him in a slugfest. if we assume the shield is up juggs kills him. it really couldn't be shown more clearly than it was in that thor arc where he cut off jugg's powers. /shrug

if it's current juggs i'm less sure what he can do.

xJLxKing
Why are we assuming no forcefield?

Rage.Of.Olympus
1) Juggernaut does not regularly use his force field.
2) It says hand to hand and the force field is well..a force field that not only protects him but steals all momentum from anything that comes at him like a portable speed force.
3) If he has a force field, why bother making a h2h thread? The best Thor can do is dodge him and destroy the battle field to remove him similar to Colossus.

abhilegend
Juggernaut was only that durable due to his force field under Defalco.

Later when Thor fought Juggernaut in 8th day he couldn't do shit to him without even the force field.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Later when Thor fought Juggernaut in 8th day he couldn't do shit to him without even the force field.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut15.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut15.jpg

"His might hath swelled a hundred fold!"

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Proof that at any time Cytorrak can grant him the power to crush high heralds like Thor like insects.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zopzop
Proof that at any time Cytorrak can grant him the power to crush high heralds like Thor like insects.

Sure, a Juggernaut amped significantly would beat up a standard* Thor going purely h2h.

*Jurgens made a very clear distinction between average Thor, pissed off Thor, and the Universe is in peril Thor. For example, if Juggernaut was standing between Thor and saving the world or something, he'd beat his ass like he a ginger step-child.

Man, I miss Jurgen's run. Thor had some losses but only against the cream of the crop and whether it was Gladiator, the Dark Gods, Mangog, Thanos, the Destroyer, he stepped every f*cking time at the end.

zopzop

*Jurgens made a very clear distinction between average Thor, pissed off Thor, and the Universe is in peril Thor. For example, if Juggernaut was standing between Thor and saving the world or something, he'd beat his ass like he a ginger step-child.

Nah.

abhilegend

Hyperbole as usual from Thor. Juggernaut was in a trance when summoned by Cyttorak but he wasn't shown to be amped in 8th day saga.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hyperbole as usual from Thor. Juggernaut was in a trance when summoned by Cyttorak but he wasn't shown to be amped in 8th day saga.

Is Thor in your opinion a proficient and experienced warrior? Thor has fought the Juggernaut on two separate occasions with multiple bouts in-between. Thor noted the power up more than once, Juggernaut agreed with his assessment.

Juggernaut wasn't amped in the Eighth Day saga but he was in this comic. It's inconsistent but that doesn't matter.

Originally posted by zopzop
Nah.

Compared to some of the threats Jurgen's Thor took down, Juggernaut was a minor power player. Above regular heralds in durability, but he was a poor man's Mangog.

abhilegend
Is Thor in your opinion a proficient and experienced warrior? Thor has fought the Juggernaut on two separate occasions with multiple bouts in-between. Thor noted the power up more than once, Juggernaut agreed with his assessment.

Juggernaut wasn't amped in the Eighth Day saga but he was in this comic. It's inconsistent but that doesn't matter.

Of course it does. He was noted to be under a spell which was bringing the exemplars together.

Thor saying something doesn't makes it true when the rest of the crossover made it clear he wasn't any stronger than usual.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Of course it does. He was noted to be under a spell which was bringing the exemplars together.

Thor saying something doesn't makes it true when the rest of the crossover made it clear he wasn't any stronger than usual.

Do you believe Thor is very familiar with Cain's power levels and capabilities at this point?

What is your explanation for Juggernaut agreeing that he was amped?

krisblaze
Oh wow, Juggernaut could beat up Thor right after the enchanter laid him low and Mjolnir was weakened and Juggernaut was empowered.

Such an amazing contextless feat.

abhilegend
Do you believe Thor is very familiar with Cain's power levels and capabilities at this point?

What is your explanation for Juggernaut agreeing that he was amped?
He wasn't aware of the spell which was drawing him to others and thought he was stronger. It was also noted that Juggernaut was finally cutting loose.

Thor saying he was 100 times more powerful was definitely hyperbole. Originally posted by krisblaze
Oh wow, Juggernaut could beat up Thor right after the enchanter laid him low and Mjolnir was weakened and Juggernaut was empowered.

Such an amazing contextless feat.
Enrakt was free from mjolnir before that.

This is about h2h anyway.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He wasn't aware of the spell which was drawing him to others and thought he was stronger. It was also noted that Juggernaut was finally cutting loose.

Thor saying he was 100 times more powerful was definitely hyperbole.

Juggernaut thought he was stronger and felt stronger but he wasn't actually stronger. *clap*

Juggernaut knew something was calling to him but he agreed with Thor:

So again: Do you believe Thor is very familiar with Cain's power levels and capabilities at this point?

What is your explanation for Juggernaut agreeing he was amped?

abhilegend
Juggernaut thought he was stronger and felt stronger but he wasn't actually stronger. *clap*

Juggernaut knew something was calling to him but he agreed with Thor:

So again: Do you believe Thor is very familiar with Cain's power levels and capabilities at this point?

What is your explanation for Juggernaut agreeing he was amped?
Juggernaut directly attributes that to him cutting loose for the first time in the very next page.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O4hgWQUUynI/VntR4f_1YoI/AAAAAAAAg8s/q6cZlDjXrB0/s1600-Ic42/RCO013.jpg

We are not talking about Bendis here. The three writers involved in the arc (Kurt Busiek, Dan Jurgens and Roger Stern) are continuity freaks.

Juggernaut wasn't amped despite what Thor says. His mind was taken over by Cyttorak which was supposed to happen as soon as he was transformed but it was delayed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Juggernaut says he feels like he can finally cut loose, like he can finally crush anything in his path including Thor. Where do you imagine that feeling of increased confidence comes from? They've had multiple fights.

laughing out loud You're an idiot. Of course Dan Jurgens is a continuity buff, that's why Juggernaut being amped is even more likely. Everyone is well acquainted with their last two fights and how they stack up. And every time Thor is on the loosing end, he makes sure to have explaniations in play such as Thor being weakened, holding back etc. In this case it was an enemy that was being amped. He's done that trick actually many times including Thanos, Desak, the Destroyer, Perrikus etc.

Why do you keep dodging such a simple question?: Do you believe Thor is very familiar with Cain's power levels and capabilities at this point? Yes or no?

leonidas
juggs was definitely amped during the 8th day fiasco. even if you don't believe that--which is ridiculous given the way his powers have been shown historically--8th day juggs is a separate character in terms of forum matches. we never assume in a juggs match that 8th day scans are acceptable so the whole issue is moot anyway.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Juggernaut was only that durable due to his force field under Defalco.

I forgot to post this earlier.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut11.jpg

"I am the living embodiment of raw power who is totally resistant to all forms of pain or injury. You can grow weak and be defeated. I can't!"

Juggernaut after Thor removes his force field. DeFalco wrote a Juggernaut that had his classic durability shtick AND surrounded by an all-powerful force field.

leonidas
thumb up

thor shitcans him without his ff up and it's a stupid thread if juggs has it up.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
juggs was definitely amped during the 8th day fiasco. even if you don't believe that--which is ridiculous given the way his powers have been shown historically--8th day juggs is a separate character in terms of forum matches. we never assume in a juggs match that 8th day scans are acceptable so the whole issue is moot anyway.

On another point, looking back at their last fight, the only superheroes on Earth better acquainted with Juggernaut's power are the X-men at this point. He's been punched by Juggernaut plenty and after their exchange he noted an increase in power levels:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut16.jpg

abhilegend
Juggernaut says he feels like he can finally cut loose, like he can finally crush anything in his path including Thor. Where do you imagine that feeling of increased confidence comes from? They've had multiple fights.

Cyttorak taking over his mind. Xavier even says later that Cain is under a spell which is later revealed as Cyttorak taking over his mind.

So, Juggernaut was amped under Jurgens but not under Busiek and Stern?

That makes sense only in your warped mind.

No, if he thought Juggernaut got a hundred times stronger.

That is just idiotic.

abhilegend
I forgot to post this earlier.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut10.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsJuggernaut11.jpg

"I am the living embodiment of raw power who is totally resistant to all forms of pain or injury. You can grow weak and be defeated. I can't!"

Juggernaut after Thor removes his force field. DeFalco wrote a Juggernaut that had his classic durability shtick AND surrounded by an all-powerful force field.
Way to ignore the context as usual.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-B7CsKsNo6nU/VnqIRBezAiI/AAAAAAAAcmE/OO3HDxBxKvU/s1600-Ic42/RCO012.jpg

Read very carefully what Cain says. Thor removed his invulnerability. Originally posted by leonidas
8th day juggernaut is just Cain under Cyttorak's control. As soon as he defeated it under his mind, he reverted back to what he was. Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up

thor shitcans him without his ff up and it's a stupid thread if juggs has it up.
How does he beats Juggernaut without his shield?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cyttorak taking over his mind. Xavier even says later that Cain is under a spell which is later revealed as Cyttorak taking over his mind.

So, Juggernaut was amped under Jurgens but not under Busiek and Stern?

That makes sense only in your warped mind.

No, if he thought Juggernaut got a hundred times stronger.

That is just idiotic.

So the extradimensional entity that powers him is invading his mind and Juggernaut claims his powerful than ever but you don't think that means he had a power increase but only thought he did?

This comic was published in 1998, not 2017. Majority of Thor readers only knew about Eighth Day as far as what happened in Thor #17. It's only in your warped mind that you think the intent was to print multiple times that Juggernaut was amped but not to have him actually amped because another writer in another comic did something different. You're not using common sense.

How many fights or punches to the face do you have to take from an opponent before you are familiar their power levels and capabilities iyo?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Read very carefully what Cain says. Thor removed his invulnerability.

I know Thor removed his invulnerability because his invulnerability IS tied to his force field. He's not invulnerable without it, never has been. He STILL however without it basically invulnerable to most heroes:

"I am the living embodiment of raw power who is totally resistant to all forms of pain or injury. You can grow weak and be defeated. I can't!" - Juggernaut AFTER the force field is removed.

Do you disagree with this assessment? I am curious as it would contradict your past posts in other threads and I'm curious what durability feats you have for Juggernaut without the force field to match these ones. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
2 pages later and I'm confused as to why you didn't battle zone me if you have this much interest in discussing Thor vs. Juggernaut...

leonidas

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-B7CsKsNo6nU/VnqIRBezAiI/AAAAAAAAcmE/OO3HDxBxKvU/s1600-Ic42/RCO012.jpg

Read very carefully what Cain says. Thor removed his invulnerability.
8th day juggernaut is just Cain under Cyttorak's control. As soon as he defeated it under his mind, he reverted back to what he was.
How does he beats Juggernaut without his shield?

his invulnerability was equated with his shield in that arc.... w/o his ff up (aka his invulnerability) thor wrecked him. not seeing the issue here. /shrug

there have been several instances of juggs being hurt in the past, so thor smacking him around isn't really anything special. there was a thread a while ago where someone posted a whole slew of pics where juggs was hurt by a bunch of different things. he is highly durable without his ff, but not invulnerable. its the shield that makes him truly impossible to hurt for most.

abhilegend
So the extradimensional entity that powers him is invading his mind and Juggernaut claims his powerful than ever but you don't think that means he had a power increase but only thought he did?

Because it was only in his mind and he wasn't shown or stated to be any more powerful. The spell was only to remove the free will of the exemplars.

Have you actually read the story?

It was a crossover. Not a standalone issue in Thor.

You yourself said that Juggernaut was amped in Thor and not in the other comics.

Are you sure you can read?

If it is Thor, probably thousands. He is basically a retard at this point.

abhilegend
I know Thor removed his invulnerability because his invulnerability IS tied to his force field. He's not invulnerable without it, never has been. He STILL however without it basically invulnerable to most heroes:

"I am the living embodiment of raw power who is totally resistant to all forms of pain or injury. You can grow weak and be defeated. I can't!" - Juggernaut AFTER the force field is removed.

Do you disagree with this assessment? I am curious as it would contradict your past posts in other threads and I'm curious what durability feats you have for Juggernaut without the force field to match these ones. smile
Because Cain is a bully and a coward who thinks very highly of himself. He thought he was as powerful as before but he wasn't.

It's posts like these which makes me wonder if you actually read the comics or just look at the pictures. Originally posted by leonidas
his invulnerability was equated with his shield in that arc.... w/o his ff up (aka his invulnerability) thor wrecked him. not seeing the issue here. /shrug

there have been several instances of juggs being hurt in the past, so thor smacking him around isn't really anything special. there was a thread a while ago where someone posted a whole slew of pics where juggs was hurt by a bunch of different things. he is highly durable without his ff, but not invulnerable. its the shield that makes him truly impossible to hurt for most.
Oh I'm sure Thor can hurt him. Knocking him out though? Not even in question, Thor can't knock him out. Heck he couldn't knock out Depowered Juggernaut with several attacks.

abhilegend
2 pages later and I'm confused as to why you didn't battle zone me if you have this much interest in discussing Thor vs. Juggernaut...
Honestly, I don't have any interest in this. I don't even like Juggernaut as a character. In fact I like Thor more than I care about Juggernaut.

What I don't like even more is you, so it just balances out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Perfect.

Thor vs. Juggernaut (Without force field)battle zone? Thor is limited only to physical attacks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because Cain is a bully and a coward who thinks very highly of himself. He thought he was as powerful as before but he wasn't.

It's posts like these which makes me wonder if you actually read the comics or just look at the pictures.
Oh I'm sure Thor can hurt him. Knocking him out though? Not even in question, Thor can't knock him out. Heck he couldn't knock out Depowered Juggernaut with several attacks.

confused

"I am the living embodiment of raw power who is totally resistant to all forms of pain or injury. You can grow weak and be defeated. I can't!" - Juggernaut AFTER the force field is removed AND Thor sent him flying with a punch and explained it was removed. How exactly would Juggernaut assume he's still as powerful as before when making that statement?

Your argument is that neither Thor OR Juggernaut know how strong or how powerful or what the Juggernaut's abilities are. Who exactly can make a comment on the state of his power level if not the person fighting him or himself?

You're a f*cking idiot and a joke. Your mom should have swallowed.

krisblaze

Thor saying he was 100 times more powerful was definitely hyperbole.
Enrakt was free from mjolnir before that.

This is about h2h anyway.

Yes and he rekt Thor when leaving.

That was moments before Juggernaut attacked him.

And Mjolnir wasn't really healed until many issues later.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because it was only in his mind and he wasn't shown or stated to be any more powerful. The spell was only to remove the free will of the exemplars.

Have you actually read the story?

It was a crossover. Not a standalone issue in Thor.

You yourself said that Juggernaut was amped in Thor and not in the other comics.

Are you sure you can read?

If it is Thor, probably thousands. He is basically a retard at this point.

I just POSTED scans of it being STATED and SHOWN he was more powerful. You're just ignoring it.

Okay. So Thor after 3 battles has no knowledge of Cain's strength and capabilities. Cool. What a dumbass.

abhilegend
Perfect.

Thor vs. Juggernaut (Without force field)battle zone? Thor is limited only to physical attacks.
laughing out loud

Not right now. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
confused

"I am the living embodiment of raw power who is totally resistant to all forms of pain or injury. You can grow weak and be defeated. I can't!" - Juggernaut AFTER the force field is removed AND Thor sent him flying with a punch and explained it was removed. How exactly would Juggernaut assume he's still as powerful as before when making that statement?

Your argument is that neither Thor OR Juggernaut know how strong or how powerful or what the Juggernaut's abilities are. Who exactly can make a comment on the state of his power level if not the person fighting him or himself?

You're a f*cking idiot and a joke. Your mom should have swallowed.
You're repeating yourself like it changes anything. It doesn't, Defalco didn't write Juggernaut with inherent invulnerability. He was a brick with a force field which negated the attacks. Nothing more.

You're a ****ing idiot who can't read or understand simple comics. Stay classy though.

abhilegend
I just POSTED scans of it being STATED and SHOWN he was more powerful. You're just ignoring it.

Okay. So Thor after 3 battles has no knowledge of Cain's strength and capabilities. Cool. What a dumbass.
And I posted scan which says it was just him cutting loose.

Thor is a retard. Just like you.

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yes and he rekt Thor when leaving.

That was moments before Juggernaut attacked him.

And Mjolnir wasn't really healed until many issues later.
Are you saying Thor was weakened while facing Juggernaut?

krisblaze
Are you saying Thor was weakened while facing Juggernaut?

Yes. He had just been beaten up.

carver9
Thor was going in and out of dizzy spells while fighting Juggernaut.

abhilegend
Yes. He had just been beaten up.
He had time to recover and Jurgens gave no indication that Thor was weakened.

krisblaze
He had time to recover and Jurgens gave no indication that Thor was weakened.

Time to recover?

iirc Juggernaut teleported in right after Thor had been laid low.

If Thor can bounce back from beatings like that in a few seconds then you need to reconsider all those facetious claims of Thor being defeated whenever someone's put him down.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Not right now.
You're repeating yourself like it changes anything. It doesn't, Defalco didn't write Juggernaut with inherent invulnerability. He was a brick with a force field which negated the attacks. Nothing more.

You're a ****ing idiot who can't read or understand simple comics. Stay classy though. Another backdown to Rage.

Dareangel
Originally posted by leonidas
/shrug

damn bruh. after all those shrugs i see you do in your posts, you must have monster traps

abhilegend
Time to recover?

iirc Juggernaut teleported in right after Thor had been laid low.

If Thor can bounce back from beatings like that in a few seconds then you need to reconsider all those facetious claims of Thor being defeated whenever someone's put him down.
Thor was chasing Enrakt when he spotted juggernaut.

Recovering doesn't has anything to do with getting koed or losing though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.