Shang Chi vs batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
1. They fight only H2H
2. They fight with everything they normally have

Shang chi is using his chi amping in all scenarios since its part of his fighting abilities

riv6672
Seems we've had this dance (the its part of his abilities tango) before.
This is pretty straightforward though.

H2H, Shang Chi

Full gear, Batman

Dareangel
Do you believe batman can beat him in a H2H fight as well? or is it a no chance for batman?

riv6672
H2H, Shang Chi.

deathslash
Batman could take some in h2h, but Shang should definitely take the majority.

Rage.Of.Olympus
1) Shang-Chi.
2) Batman unless it's Hickman era Shang. Stark tech + 6th seed power = Street level army.

panthergod
Originally posted by Dareangel
1. They fight only H2H

Shang chi is using his chi amping in all scenarios since its part of his fighting abilities

Batman beats the shit out of him.

riv6672
Originally posted by deathslash
Batman could take some in h2h, but Shang should definitely take the majority.
Agreed. I just kept it simple.

shadowknight
Batman wins both, the only difference is at HTH it's a small majority with everything they have Batman wins 10/10

cdtm
Funny how Batman never, ever uses gadgets against Shiva or other top tier MA's.

PIS, or character driven ego?

In any case, I think Shang's more on Shiva's level then not, and can take a straight h2h fight. With gimmicks, Batman stomps.

DarkSaint85
He spammed them against the Owls.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He spammed them against the Owls.

Haven't read that one yet, but based on what I know of Snyder, I can believe it.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Batman is superior in h2h

riv6672
haha

Dareangel
Shang chi was defeated by captain america in a spar in the ring. an elbow to the back of the neck took him down. does it mean batman can take him like that also? i believe Cap strikes harder than batman and also shang chi didnt use his chi amps during that spar, so it doesnt say much

vansonbee
Does Shang Chi get access to his monkey? Shang Chi makes Batman his Snake Eyes.

cdtm
Shang chi was defeated by captain america in a spar in the ring. an elbow to the back of the neck took him down. does it mean batman can take him like that also? i believe Cap strikes harder than batman and also shang chi didnt use his chi amps during that spar, so it doesnt say much

Issue or scan of the spar?

Only remember a mention of a spar in Hickman's run, but it wasn't shown, the outcome wasn't told, and Cap made mention of broken ribs. (What kind of spar allows for broken bones...??)

Prof. T.C McAbe
Shang Chi is a poor mans Karate Kid and Batman did pretty well against the best MA fighter in the Comicverse.

Anyway.
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111317110/5814747-8ce9436f689ed1669e44d19b3a876d64.jpg
https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111317110/5814748-5427874-xgmiint.jpg

Dareangel
dont know how to post scans here. go to google and type shang chi vs captain america then do pictures. you will see them fighting in the ring in underwear

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
1) Shang-Chi.
2) Batman unless it's Hickman era Shang. Stark tech + 6th seed power = Street level army.

I think around that time, Batman had the Hellbat armour....

Dareangel
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Shang Chi is a poor mans Karate Kid and Batman did pretty well against the best MA fighter in the Comicverse.

Anyway.
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111317110/5814747-8ce9436f689ed1669e44d19b3a876d64.jpg
https://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11131/111317110/5814748-5427874-xgmiint.jpg

yes. here are the scans i was talking about. Cap beats Shang in that spar

riv6672
You do realize sparring is not fighting, yeah?

I wont insult your intelligence by posting the definitions.

cdtm
Nice scans, thanks. thumb up

Looks like a draw to me. Both took a fall, and it looks like Shang could have continued if not for the call.

riv6672
Guess i should have posted the definitions.

Ah, well.
Shang Chi h2h. Batman with gear. Only things going on now are ABC logic, attributing one character's feats to another, and not knowing how to actually fight.
Done here.

Cheers

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672

Yep. thumb up

For one thing, in a fight, I bet Shang wouldn't just let his opponent get back up after a takedown, and instead try following up with something while he's down..

DarkSaint85
1. They fight only H2H

Batman in both

Dareangel
Originally posted by riv6672

first of all, if you read my posts, you will see i said Cap beats shang chi in the spar they had. so why are you assuming i am giving it more weight than i actually gave it?
secondly, lets take it even further. if sparring isnt fighting then what is it? food cooking? dancing? its fighting. only thing is, the opponents dont have 100% will to destroy the other side. also, we dont know how hard they went in that spar. of course i never claimed that this spar = how they will do in an actual fight. but its an indication to how they stack. INDICATION

cdtm
first of all, if you read my posts, you will see i said Cap beats shang chi in the spar they had. so why are you assuming i am giving it more weight than i actually gave it?
secondly, lets take it even further. if sparring isnt fighting then what is it? food cooking? dancing? its fighting. only thing is, the opponents dont have 100% will to destroy the other side. also, we dont know how hard they went in that spar. of course i never claimed that this spar = how they will do in an actual fight. but its an indication to how they stack. INDICATION

How did Cap win? Because he got the final blow?

Shang nailed a throw, Cap got a down from an elbow, and they otherwise seemed perfectly even. And neither followed up their downs with attacks, as you do in a real fight.. (Which obviously favor's Shang in this context..)

Anyways, you yourself just shot down any pretentions that this proves anything, by admitting we don't even know how hard they were going at it.

Dareangel
Originally posted by cdtm
How did Cap win? Because he got the final blow?

Shang nailed a throw, Cap got a down from an elbow, and they otherwise seemed perfectly even. And neither followed up their downs with attacks, as you do in a real fight.. (Which obviously favor's Shang in this context..)

Anyways, you yourself just shot down any pretentions that this proves anything, by admitting we don't even know how hard they were going at it.

because his blow took shang ch down and he didnt get up. i think its not complicated. yes, we dont know how hard were they going, but that level was enough to take shang chi down to the point he didnt get up. i think its clearly indicates Cap has superior power over shang chi, even if its just a spar

cdtm
because his blow took shang ch down and he didnt get up. i think its not complicated. yes, we dont know how hard were they going, but that level was enough to take shang chi down to the point he didnt get up. i think its clearly indicates Cap has superior power over shang chi, even if its just a spar

If Rogers has power, Shang has skill, based off his down.

Shang was coherant, and the call came in just after the down, ending it.

They could have just as easily shown Cap and Shang trading barbs from the perspective of Cap on the floor, and it would have proven just as much: Nothing.

Dareangel
If Rogers has power, Shang has skill, based off his down.

Shang was coherant, and the call came in just after the down, ending it.

They could have just as easily shown Cap and Shang trading barbs from the perspective of Cap on the floor, and it would have proven just as much: Nothing.

the sparring they had puts in it the skills, speed power and preety much everything. it wasnt a power test alone but a combination of everything- which is a spar Lol. cap strike was too much for shang.

when shang took cap down with that throw it showed he is skilled enough to take cap down with tehcnique. no problem with that. but when cap takes shang down with a strike, it hints us that caps strikes are maybe, just maybe, too much for shang to handle. again, never claimed its an all out fight but its an INDICATION. if we spar and i deliver a strike that knocks you down and you will stay down sitting and wont get up, i think its safe to say that its a solid indication that i might be too powerful for you to handle

DarkSaint85
Or you don't get up because the training is over,and it's just a sparring session anyway so why bother putting it all that effort

Dareangel
Or you don't get up because the training is over,and it's just a sparring session anyway so why bother putting it all that effort

only thing is, only in the later scan steve gets a call and is interrupted. therefor, when shang chi was down from that strike, there was no reason to suddenly end the spar, unless shang is just out and "defeated" as much as you can be in a spar of course. that would be the only reason to suddenly end the spar as i mentioned after he was taken down. Cap didnt just score a strike but came on top of his opponent. you can also see cap leaning towards shang and reaching to give him a hand. shang is lifting his arm which looks like either he wants cap to help him get up or he just lifts it as a sign of :no need". but either way, it was obvious that strike took him out of the spar

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cap looked better because he got the last strike in but this was just a sparring match to highlight that they're both awesome with different styles. Shang used a throw that redirected his momentum and Steve used an elbow because he hits like a truck. From a comic where Steve survived (This is Hickman's right?) the Quinjet falling from orbit and was one upgrade away from being Spider-Man in stats.

Dareangel
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Cap looked better because he got the last strike in but this was just a sparring match to highlight that they're both awesome with different styles. Shang used a throw that redirected his momentum and Steve used an elbow because he hits like a truck. From a comic where Steve survived (This is Hickman's right?) the Quinjet falling from orbit and was one upgrade away from being Spider-Man in stats.

yes of course it was only a spar i never said otherwise. i also stated at the beginning that shang chi wasnt using his chi amping and nobody was taking it seriously. however i still see it as an indication. but of course, in a real match between the 2 things can go differently. pressure points, lethal strikes, anger atc atc.

Genii96
It was a spar,and they both git one hit on each other. That's all there is to it

StiltmanFTW
yes. here are the scans i was talking about. Cap beats Shang in that spar

Nobody beats anyone in that sparring. It's a tie, if anything.

tkitna
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Yeah, there were two offensive hits and somebody's calling a winner? Lol

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna

Both got up with no issues... it was a really short sparring, nothing more.

Iron Fist / Wolverine sparring - now that's something that can be discussed. And yes, Logan pwned little Danny there. Raped him. Proved to be much better.

Word is that Danny still has to sit when peeing because of the damage suffered in that "sparring".

Dareangel

i dont see it that way. i see cap knocking shang chi down and by that the spar is over, which means he came out on top in that spar. if we spar and i deliver you a blow that knocks you down and you keep sitting ... well its preety much safe to say i beat you in that spar. when cap was taken down he got up and they continued, which means it wasnt about who gets knocked down. shang chi was bested and out, thats why cap is reaching to help shang chi get up as we see in the scan.

Dareangel
Both got up with no issues...

nop. cap got up with no issue. shang chi didnt get up and cap reached his hand to help him get up. thats the difference.

Dareangel

so you determine things by the amount of hits? if 1 hit is enough to best someone then why is it not enough to call a winner?

DarkSaint85
nop. cap got up with no issue. shang chi didnt get up and cap reached his hand to help him get up. thats the difference.

Because it was only a friendly spar, that's why Shang didn't get up. They're just having a little gossipy chat.

Dareangel
Because it was only a friendly spar, that's why Shang didn't get up. They're just having a little gossipy chat.

i think you dismiss the weight this spar has as a spar. again, it was a friendly spar and wasnt an all out war. however, lets not forget what a spar is. its a fight. its not cooking together, its not dancing together, its a fight. they are both hitting each other and inflicting some degree of damage. hell, cap delivered an elbow to the back of the neck. think about that for a moment. so yes, while it wasnt an all out war, lets not forget its still a fight that took shang chi down and cap leaned to help him get up after that blow.

DarkSaint85
A spar is also a game, a friendly training session.

These guys are also using it as an extended gossip session.

It's as relevant as them playing Tekken lol.

Dareangel
A spar is also a game, a friendly training session.

These guys are also using it as an extended gossip session.

It's as relevant as them playing Tekken lol.

not at all. while playing tekken you are not fighting you are using your thumbs and mind to play a video game. in a spar, you are fighting the other person, only thing is you both are not willing to 100% hurt each other. yes they are discussing things while they are sparring so? how many comics fights did we see taking place while the characters are talking to each other? oh right, almost every single fight. you can fight and talk at the same time. again, they were fightin each other as part of that spar. an elbow to the back of the neck is not playing video games. shang chi was down, cap wanted to help him get up because shang chi didnt get up on his own. cap got the upper hand in that spar. a spar is not 100% fight, however if 1 is taken down by a hit of his opponent who wasnt using 100%... it means something. just wonder if cap did use 100%

DarkSaint85
They're discussing things and having a friendly sparring session.

Where is the proof that Shang couldn't get up on his own? As you say,there isn't maximum effort in a sparring match. Shang went down, and in a true fight with 100% effort,he would have.....put more effort in and gotten up.

Your point earlier about it being a dance is actually quite correct. A sparring session is closer to a dance than it is to a fight. You try out different moves, you practice them, but you're not giving it your all.

If you're a guy like Shang, who isn't even competitive.....you'd just stop fighting, because you don't have a point to prove. It's a sparring session,it doesn't matter,no point in having a dick waving competition.

Dareangel
They're discussing things and having a friendly sparring session.

Where is the proof that Shang couldn't get up on his own? As you say,there isn't maximum effort in a sparring match. Shang went down, and in a true fight with 100% effort,he would have.....put more effort in and gotten up.

Your point earlier about it being a dance is actually quite correct. A sparring session is closer to a dance than it is to a fight. You try out different moves, you practice them, but you're not giving it your all.

If you're a guy like Shang, who isn't even competitive.....you'd just stop fighting, because you don't have a point to prove. It's a sparring session,it doesn't matter,no point in having a dick waving competition.

the fact captain america was leaning towards him and offering him a hand while shang chi was still down. i didnt say he was knocked out or anything. i wont stretch it of course. however, shang chi was effected by that hit and was knocked down. that hit also ended their spar due to cap comming ot top, and above all, that was only a sparring cap it wasnt even a serious cap. the fact they had a spar shows us that they didnt go all out, however, your durability doesnt change and it doesnt matter if its a spar or not. so basically we know that a non serious cap is enough to score a knockdown on shang chi via strike.

i can see that you never did sparring before. sparring is everything an actual fight is. the difference is that in a spar you dont go 100% and thats about it. you are not intending to hurt your opponent badly and same goes for the other side. however, many noses and faces are broken is a spar.

you are actually claiming that shang chi didnt have a reason to fight cap when the circumstances are just about that. they are fighting. shang chi took cap down cap got up and then knocked him down. its a fight. a spar is a FIGHT. again, shang chi took cap down, after that he was trying to punch cap but was blocked and knocked down. just because they didnt go 100% doesnt mean they werent fighting. its not about a point to prove its about the fact they spar and shang chi went down and it is what it is. you cant deny that the purpose of a spar is to fight your opponent and serve a competition to him. the notion someone who entered the ring to spar suddenly doesnt actually want to fight him is just false.

Genii96
Shang was still casually talking even while knocked down. I don't see how one can claim that cap was superior from that short spar

Dareangel
i never claimed he was knocked out cold. in comics many times people that are beaten to bloody pulp are still talking. i already explained my view on things many times, if you dont agree with me thats fine. but the fact he was talking doesnt take away from my statement that he was bested and out of the sparring

Genii96
Bested because he was knocked down?
Are you insinuating that he couldn't have gotten back up if it was a real match?

tkitna
so you determine things by the amount of hits? if 1 hit is enough to best someone then why is it not enough to call a winner?

I determine that Cap was down first and Shang didnt press. Why? Because it was a friendly sparring match. Quit making something out of nothing.

CosmicComet
An elbow >>>>> a judo toss.

Cap got the better of the sparring.

Cap wasn't hurt. Shang was.

Cap took that round 10-9 by any sane round scoring.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CosmicComet
An elbow >>>>> a judo toss.

Cap got the better of the sparring.

Cap wasn't hurt. Shang was.

Cap took that round 10-9 by any sane round scoring.

smh so childish

StiltmanFTW
I determine that Cap was down first and Shang didnt press. Why? Because it was a friendly sparring match. Quit making something out of nothing.

thumb up

Dareangel

i never claimed it was an all out fight. indeed it was a friendly spar. however, they still fought. as i pointed out, in a spar you fight, only thing is you are not putting 100% to hurt your opponent and thats it. yes shang chi put cap down and yes he could continue to beat him. i never said otherwise. however, it doesnt change my point which is the fact cap not going 100% was enough to take shang chi down via strike. taking someone down with a throw is something anyone can do. but taking someone down with a strike while not going 100% indicates that perhaps the guy cant hang with you.

Sin I AM
i never claimed it was an all out fight. indeed it was a friendly spar. however, they still fought. as i pointed out, in a spar you fight, only thing is you are not putting 100% to hurt your opponent and thats it. yes shang chi put cap down and yes he could continue to beat him. i never said otherwise. however, it doesnt change my point which is the fact cap not going 100% was enough to take shang chi down via strike. taking someone down with a throw is something anyone can do. but taking someone down with a strike while not going 100% indicates that perhaps the guy cant hang with you.

You have no idea what youre talking about. Sparring is strictly a training method. In no way is it indicative of an actual fight. Anyone who has trained to fight will attest. Its a non feat

StiltmanFTW
It wasn't even a proper sparring, they were more focused on chatting on how to save Sharon.

Dareangel
Originally posted by Sin I AM
You have no idea what youre talking about. Sparring is strictly a training method. In no way is it indicative of an actual fight. Anyone who has trained to fight will attest. Its a non feat

i am sorry but you are the one who doesnt have any idea what you are talking about. i am a boxer and muay thai practitioner ok? i know very well what sparring is. sparring is a real fight simulation where the sparring partners agree to not go 100% thats it. go see a real spar and you will see faces broken and knock outs at every corner. i will repeat myself, a spar is a fight. a FIGHT. only difference is, the fighters are not going 100% and not trying to inflict maximum damage on their opponent. with those limits, cap still knocks shang chi down and kinda "takes him out" to some degree. that means if a full power cap will hit shang chi.... things might be worse. does that mean shang chi cant beat cap? no. it means what i said

Dareangel
It wasn't even a proper sparring, they were more focused on chatting on how to save Sharon.

you can fight and talk, it actually happens in comics all the time. 2 opponents are fighting and talking at the same time. thats comics

DarkSaint85
Yeah......you don't go sparring with KOs and broken faces lol.

Otherwise you'd very quickly stop finding sparring partners lol. You're 'that guy' who goes around trying to prove he's the baddest dog on the street.

CosmicComet
Plenty of mma gyms do in fact go 100% or close to it in sparring. With people even judging at cage side.

Cap's spar with shang doesn't tell a lot, but it does tell a little. Shang did not want to get hit with that spinning elbow , but he did. Cap timed him perfectly.

Dareangel
Yeah......you don't go sparring with KOs and broken faces lol.

Otherwise you'd very quickly stop finding sparring partners lol. You're 'that guy' who goes around trying to prove he's the baddest dog on the street.

why do you say that? just because i said i am a boxer and muay thai practitioner i am trying to sound tough? well sorry for my hobbies and the things i do in my free time. and yes, in sparrings it happens a lot. because even if you dont go 100% you are still fighting and punching. and no, when that happens people are not looking at you like some douchebag, because its the ring and it is what it is. with your mentality i can see you are not a ring fighter. because when i got my nose broken in a spar i didnt think the guy is a douche. i thought next time i should cover. you enter the ring to fight. not ready to be damaged? dont step in the ring, that simple.

Dareangel
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Plenty of mma gyms do in fact go 100% or close to it in sparring. With people even judging at cage side.

Cap's spar with shang doesn't tell a lot, but it does tell a little. Shang did not want to get hit with that spinning elbow , but he did. Cap timed him perfectly.

Exactly. finally someone who understands how sparrings go and understands they are not playing in the sand.

DarkSaint85
why do you say that? just because i said i am a boxer and muay thai practitioner i am trying to sound tough? well sorry for my hobbies and the things i do in my free time. and yes, in sparrings it happens a lot. because even if you dont go 100% you are still fighting and punching. and no, when that happens people are not looking at you like some douchebag, because its the ring and it is what it is. with your mentality i can see you are not a ring fighter. because when i got my nose broken in a spar i didnt think the guy is a douche. i thought next time i should cover. you enter the ring to fight. not ready to be damaged? dont step in the ring, that simple.

And you do that with friendly sparring matches, as you're discussing mutual friends?

Oh, how's Amy these days? CRACK

Yeah, not saying you're trying to be tough. But if you can't see the difference between a proper fight and sparring, then we can't change your mind.

The goal of sparring is not to hurt. Just to learn. That's simple.

You've got it the wrong way round in your head. Let's use your example.

If you get your nose broken in a sparring, you don't think the other guys a douche. You don't jump back into the fight, filled with rage and start pummeling him, or get straight back onto your feet, cursing him and going all out, do you?

No, you don't. You go 'haha wow man you got me good, next time I better cover up'.

Now let's go back to Shang vs Cap. Shang gets tagged, he goes down....but it's a sparring match. He doesn't jump back up, ready to fight for his life. He just sits there, maybe rubbing his sore head and going ow. Doesn't mean he couldn't get up.

THAT'S where you're not seeing it.

Sin I AM
i am sorry but you are the one who doesnt have any idea what you are talking about. i am a boxer and muay thai practitioner ok? i know very well what sparring is. sparring is a real fight simulation where the sparring partners agree to not go 100% thats it. go see a real spar and you will see faces broken and knock outs at every corner. i will repeat myself, a spar is a fight. a FIGHT. only difference is, the fighters are not going 100% and not trying to inflict maximum damage on their opponent. with those limits, cap still knocks shang chi down and kinda "takes him out" to some degree. that means if a full power cap will hit shang chi.... things might be worse. does that mean shang chi cant beat cap? no. it means what i said

Dude youre a liar. Noone goes 100 in sparing. Thats the biggest load of bullshit. And Thats the quickest way to lose sparring partners. You dont spar for power.. u spar to enhance technique. U also pull your punches in a REAL sparring match. You also only spar with rough equals. Stop speaking on shit u have no idea what youre talking about

StiltmanFTW
We're all getting trolled by this guy. Let's ignore him.

This is dangerously close to the time he argued with DS and others about WWH and Wolverine... insanity.

Originally posted by Badabing
Dareangel is a sock from our sock invasions years ago. Ban or not?

cdtm
Yeah, full contact and 100% are completely different things.

Sin I AM

This is dangerously close to the time he argued with DS and others about WWH and Wolverine... insanity.

Oh lol ok. I thought he was someone else. I wonder whats CCs excuse then.

StiltmanFTW
CC gets rock-hard when he sees Cap wearing so little and drawn by Deodato.

Sin I AM
CC gets rock-hard when he sees Cap wearing so little and drawn by Deodato.

Closet homosexuality. Got it. Thx Stilt

Dareangel
And you do that with friendly sparring matches, as you're discussing mutual friends?

Oh, how's Amy these days? CRACK

Yeah, not saying you're trying to be tough. But if you can't see the difference between a proper fight and sparring, then we can't change your mind.

The goal of sparring is not to hurt. Just to learn. That's simple.

You've got it the wrong way round in your head. Let's use your example.

If you get your nose broken in a sparring, you don't think the other guys a douche. You don't jump back into the fight, filled with rage and start pummeling him, or get straight back onto your feet, cursing him and going all out, do you?

No, you don't. You go 'haha wow man you got me good, next time I better cover up'.

Now let's go back to Shang vs Cap. Shang gets tagged, he goes down....but it's a sparring match. He doesn't jump back up, ready to fight for his life. He just sits there, maybe rubbing his sore head and going ow. Doesn't mean he couldn't get up.

THAT'S where you're not seeing it.

but thats what i said. the purpose is indeed not to fully hurt someone, however its about fighting and having a full contact. the proof to that is within the comics. shang chi tossing cap. cap striking shang with his elbow into the back of his head causing him to fall. how does that look to you? it contradicts what you are trying to say.
i never said when my nose got broken i didnt want to get back at the guy. i just didnt have any complains against him personally because its nothing personal its boxing. i wanted to get back as a boxer to show i can do betterm thats the thing with sparring.
again, i already said in a spar they dont go 100%. and i already stated that he could keep attacking cap after taking him down. my point is that cap striking him at less than 100% was enough to knock him down and take him down to the point cap offered him a hand while he was still down and didnt get up like cap did after he got tossed.

Dareangel
Dude youre a liar. Noone goes 100 in sparing. Thats the biggest load of bullshit. And Thats the quickest way to lose sparring partners. You dont spar for power.. u spar to enhance technique. U also pull your punches in a REAL sparring match. You also only spar with rough equals. Stop speaking on shit u have no idea what youre talking about

reading comprehension is the key. i never said they are going 100%. thruought all my posts i claimed that in a spar the opponents ARE NOT GOING 100%. secondly, whats with the "you are a liar". having a nerve breakdown over an internet discussion about sparring? thirdly, i dont think you can actually have a decent argument if you are not ring fighting. you are talking bullshit based on things you believe. your beliefe is based on your morals, point of view about what should happen or not, or just movies. but what you are claiming is just wrong and not true. but i am not jumping on you calling you a liar. you can do better

Dareangel

yeah when you cant argue, or tired of arguing but still want to have the "winning pose", just talk other people to ignore the other debater and do a witch hunt on his ass salem style. that way you "win" the argument without the need to debate further

StiltmanFTW
You really think we don't see what you're doing here? Or in earlier threads?

Grow up.

DarkSaint85
but thats what i said. the purpose is indeed not to fully hurt someone, however its about fighting and having a full contact. the proof to that is within the comics. shang chi tossing cap. cap striking shang with his elbow into the back of his head causing him to fall. how does that look to you? it contradicts what you are trying to say.
i never said when my nose got broken i didnt want to get back at the guy. i just didnt have any complains against him personally because its nothing personal its boxing. i wanted to get back as a boxer to show i can do betterm thats the thing with sparring.
again, my claim is not if shang chi was serious enough or not. i already stated that he could keep attacking cap after taking him down. my point is that cap striking him at less than 100% was enough to knock him down and take him down to the point cap offered him a hand while he was still down and didnt get up like cap did after he got tossed.

Yeah but he wasn't taking it personally. He got tagged,great job Cap, let's keep continuing the conversation. No indication he NEEDED a hand, he just didn't want to keep fighting. Because it's just a friendly spar.

You're acting like he's all dazed and needs Cap's help to get up. When he's just sitting on the floor, having a chat.

Sin I AM
reading comprehension is the key. i never said they are going 100%. thruought all my posts i claimed that in a spar the opponents ARE NOT GOING 100%. secondly, whats with the "you are a liar". having a nerve breakdown over an internet discussion about sparring? thirdly, i dont think you can actually have a decent argument if you are not ring fighting. you are talking bullshit based on things you believe. your beliefe is based on your morals, point of view about what should happen or not, or just movies. but what you are claiming is just wrong and not true. but i am not jumping on you calling you a liar. you can do better

Maybe liar is too harsh. But you legit have no idea what youre talking about or are a troll. Simple.

Dareangel
Yeah but he wasn't taking it personally. He got tagged,great job Cap, let's keep continuing the conversation. No indication he NEEDED a hand, he just didn't want to keep fighting. Because it's just a friendly spar.

You're acting like he's all dazed and needs Cap's help to get up. When he's just sitting on the floor, having a chat.

i never said he was knocked out or badly injured. however, the point remains the same. they sparred, cap delivered an elbow to the back of his neck. shang chi falls down and keeps sitting while cap is reaching his hand to help him get up. there is no reason for shang chi to not get up. when cap was taken down he got right up and they continued the spar. but shang suddenly desides he just want to sit on the floor? come on man. i think we should stick to the more obvious and reasonable explanation.

Dareangel
Maybe liar is too harsh. But you legit have no idea what youre talking about or are a troll. Simple.

i am a boxer, but i dont know what am i talking about. amazing. you obviously know much better right? i mean you train and spar in the ring 5 days a week right? of course you are. its not like you are arguing about sparring, and actually claiming FACTS, without actually experiencing sparring, against a guy that actually spar almost daily. nah. it just wouldnt make any sense at all. What can i say, i am always amazed at how people are so full of ego, that they are arguing about fields they know nothing about. they think they are sooo smart. and they are sooo know it all, that they can argue anything, even things they dont know against people that come from that field. how much ego can one have...

Stoic

But when Shang originally took Cap down he still had full control of his arm, and could have ended the session with an arm bar right then and there. You're making more out of it than you should, because Shang would have technically won within the first 5 seconds in if it were the real deal. That arm bar that I mentioned could have easily resulted in a broken arm.

Dareangel
Originally posted by Stoic
But when Shang originally took Cap down he still had full control of his arm, and could have ended the session with an arm bar right then and there. You're making more out of it than you should, because Shang would have technically won within the first 5 seconds in if it were the real deal. That arm bar that I mentioned could have easily resulted in a broken arm.

bruh i already addressed that and said there is no argument that shang chi could continue to pummel cap. i am also not making an argument that based on that, cap will beat shang chi more times than not in a hand 2 hand fight. what i am saying is simple. cap not using 100% is able to damage shang chi via strike. therefor, a serious 100% cap probably can inflict even more damage. therefor, to me, its an indication that perhaps cap strikes too hard for shang chi to handle in the long run. of course in an all out fight shang chi will be more serious, use chi amped strikes and can take cap down.

DarkSaint85
i never said he was knocked out or badly injured. however, the point remains the same. they sparred, cap delivered an elbow to the bad of his head. shang chi falls down and keeps sitting while cap is reaching his hand to help him get up. there is no reason for shang chi to not get up. when can was taken down he got right up and they continued the spar. but shang suddenly desides he just want to sit on the floor? come on man. i think we should stick to the more obvious and reasonable explanation.

Yup, he's been tagged, and he's not continuing the sparring....

Because he doesn't have a point to prove. Like you said, it's sparring, when you get your nose broken, you don't think that guy's a douche, you just go yep, fair play man, good one.

If you don't want to keep fighting, sure. A sparring session means you can stop at any time. Shang is different from Cap.

A more obvious and reasonable......according to you lol. Doesn't make it right.

As said, you're acting as if Shang's dazed and confused. He's just sitting there, talking calmly as if nothing's happened. Zero indication of any damage.

Stoic
bruh i already addressed that and said there is no argument that shang chi could continue to pummel cap. i am also not making an argument that based on that, cap will beat shang chi more times than not in a hand 2 hand fight. what i am saying is simple. cap not using 100% is able to damage shang chi via strike. therefor, a serious 100% cap probably can inflict even more damage. therefor, to me, its an indication that perhaps cap strikes too hard for shang chi to handle in the long run. of course in an all out fight shang chi will be more serious, use chi amped strikes and can take cap down.

Was Shang utilizing his chi during that sparring session? Since we can see that he wasn't, we know that he has several more gears to raise right? Since we've gotten past that fact, how can you still say that Steve would win if neither were going all out? Just stop while you're ahead.

Dareangel
Yup, he's been tagged, and he's not continuing the sparring....

Because he doesn't have a point to prove. Like you said, it's sparring, when you get your nose broken, you don't think that guy's a douche, you just go yep, fair play man, good one.

If you don't want to keep fighting, sure. A sparring session means you can stop at any time. Shang is different from Cap.

A more obvious and reasonable......according to you lol. Doesn't make it right.

As said, you're acting as if Shang's dazed and confused. He's just sitting there, talking calmly as if nothing's happened. Zero indication of any damage.

there is no reason to repeat they were just sparring and they werent trying to hurt each other badly. we agree on that. the difference is the way we see what happened. you explained perfectly what you see and how you see it. i explained my view which is cap delivering an elbow to the back of the neck, knocking shang chi down as we see in the scans. next one is shang chi still seating while cap is reaching him a hand. i think the art was there to portray and show us that can had the upper hand and felt he needs to somewhat "help" shang chi get up after that blow. the fact they keep talking is nothing special because in the comics world, almost every single time someone is fighting, both characters are talking while fighting and even talking while dying. so shang chi being knocked down and still talking is nothing to indicate he was perfectly fine like nothing happened at all.

Stoic
there is no reason to repeat they were just sparring and they werent trying to hurt each other badly. we agree on that. the difference is the way we see what happened. you explained perfectly what you see and how you see it. i explained my view which is cap delivering an elbow to the back of the neck, knocking shang chi down as we see in the scans. next one is shang chi still seating while cap is reaching him a hand. i think the art was there to portray and show us that can had the upper hand and felt he needs to somewhat "help" shang chi get up after that blow. the fact they keep talking is nothing special because in the comics world, almost every single time someone is fighting, both characters are talking while fighting and even talking while dying. so shang chi being knocked down and still talking is nothing to indicate he was perfectly fine like nothing happened at all.

So it comes back to what Sin I Am said from the start, it's a non feat. We can just toss it out and move on, because it isn't the way that a match between Batman and Shang would go down, nor should we even be using Captain America as a measuring tape to see how well Batman would do in this scenario.

Dareangel
Was Shang utilizing his chi during that sparring session? Since we can see that he wasn't, we know that he has several more gears to raise right? Since we've gotten past that fac,t how can you still say that Steve would win if neither were going all out? Just stop while you're ahead.

but i never said steve is going to win. again, i dont use it as an indication of who will win. for all that i know, shang chi can beat his ass really badly with his chi amping. but i am saying this is an indication, based on the reasons i already gave, that cap is hitting hard, and perhaps too hard for shang. a not 100% cap knocking him down with 1 hit ending the spar is an indication that a more serious cap can make more damage. shang chi while sparring doesnt get a drop on durability. going 100% or less, your durability is your durability

StiltmanFTW
Good God, this is still going.

Remember guys, Dare is the same guy who believes Wolverine was slashing the shit out of WWH when unconscious.

Dareangel
So it comes back to what Sin I Am said from the start, it's a non feat. We can just toss it out and move on, because it isn't the way that a match between Batman and Shang would go down, nor should we even be using Captain America as a measuring tape to see how well Batman would do in this scenario.

i dont think we should use cap as an indication to batman because we dont know how their striking is compared. i do believe cap hits harder than batman but thats my opinion. speculations are useless here.

Sin I AM
Good God, this is still going.

Remember guys, Dare is the same guy who believes Wolverine was slashing the shit out of WWH when unconscious.

we gotta give him the carver treatment...that's how we assert dominance

StiltmanFTW
I'm afraid he's a different animal. You're feeding him.

cdtm
we gotta give him the carver treatment...that's how we assert dominance

Or maybe he IS Carver...

Kind of an odd thing, arguing Wolverine was slashing up Hulk while unconscious. Almost the exact thing a sock would try and argue to remove all credibility from the opposing team...

StiltmanFTW
Maybe he's the reincarnation of Raz and wants to burn this place to the ground...

Sin I AM
I'm afraid he's a different animal. You're feeding him.

well its not like we're gonna get a decent debate in anyway. we're arguing the relevance of a sparring match for gods sake. nobody has even mentioned wayne since page 1

Sin I AM
Or maybe he IS Carver...

Kind of an odd thing, arguing Wolverine was slashing up Hulk while unconscious. Almost the exact thing a sock would try and argue to remove all credibility from the opposing team...

diabolical

DarkSaint85
well its not like we're gonna get a decent debate in anyway. we're arguing the relevance of a sparring match for gods sake. nobody has even mentioned wayne since page 1

I have mad

StiltmanFTW

I'm having trouble calling it a sparring.

Very short one, which was meant to respect both characters.

This shit about Steve approaching Shang and giving him a hand... lol, barely visible in the panel. Debatable, too. Perhaps Shang was just waving his hand, while talking about the whole Zheng Zu situation.

And yeah, if this was a fight, Shang wouldn't need to let Steve get up in the 1st page.

CosmicComet
Closet homosexuality. Got it. Thx Stilt

You underestimate my patriotism.

There is nothing 'closet' about my devotion to the church of Steve Rogers.

LordofBrooklyn
Dareangel VERSUS SIN I AM.

2018!!!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Dareangel VERSUS SIN I AM.

2018!!!

Quiet you

Dareangel

the oldest and most childish tactic. when ever you dont have an argument, try to bring the other side down with personal and/or cinical bashing. let me guess, you are liberal right?

Sin I AM
the oldest and most childish tactic. when ever you dont have an argument, try to bring the other side down with personal and/or cinical bashing. let me guess, you are liberal right?

You still going with this thing? Noone agrees with you. The premise is silly an your argument is flawed. Think of sparring as a scrimmage game. Noone cares if anyone "wins" or "loses" because its just practice. Not the real thing. Ive practived a form of mma when i was younger and never did anyone use a sparring match as any sort of litmus test. And if you did brag or try your hardest to "beat" soneone you ended up shadow boxing or hitting the body bag alone. But agree to disagree...as for this fight leaning towards wayne

And of course im a Liberal..all the best people are laughing laughing

Dareangel
You still going with this thing? Noone agrees with you. The premise is silly an your argument is flawed. Think of sparring as a scrimmage game. Noone cares if anyone "wins" or "loses" because its just practice. Not the real thing. Ive practived a form of mma when i was younger and never did anyone use a sparring match as any sort of litmus test. And if you did brag or try your hardest to "beat" soneone you ended up shadow boxing or hitting the body bag alone. But agree to disagree...as for this fight leaning towards wayne

And of course im a Liberal..all the best people are laughing laughing

first of all, you are still going with it yourself. so kinda double standard isnt it? secondly, there is 1 poster who does agree with me. the cosmic guy. what did i say about comprehending the things you read? thirdly, i dont know if you noticed, maybe its just me, but its not exactly a referendum we are having here. there are several, around 3 other people that posted they dont agree with me. so if 4 people dont agree with me that means what exactly? it can mean a lot of things. maybe those people like shang chi? maybe those people simply dont really know what a spar is? maybe they are wrong? i will leave you complete the act act

of course i knew you are a liberal sjw. because you share the same thing all liberal sjw share. nerve breakdowns and emotional thinking without rationality or knowledge. again, i dont need to think anything of sparring because i know what sparring is. i spar almost daily. you make up things based on some belife you have which is based on what? some MMA class you took when you were a kid? really? thats your best? please stop. its like me saying all my knowledge about fighting is based on some karate class that i took when i was a kid and we got cookies at the end of every session. hell, you dont even have to go to a gym. go to youtube and see how sparrings are done. people are knocked out and having their face broken left and right.

Sin I AM
first of all, you are still going with it yourself. so kinda double standard isnt it? secondly, there is 1 poster who does agree with me. the cosmic guy. what did i say about comprehending the things you read? thirdly, i dont know if you noticed, maybe its just me, but its not exactly a referendum we are having here. there are several, around 3 other people that posted they dont agree with me. so if 4 people dont agree with me that means what exactly? it can mean a lot of things. maybe those people like shang chi? maybe those people simply dont really know what a spar is? maybe they are wrong? i will leave you complete the act act

of course i knew you are a liberal sjw. because you share the same thing all liberal sjw share. nerve breakdowns and emotional thinking without rationality or knowledge. again, i dont need to think anything of sparring because i know what sparring is. i spar almost daily. you make up things based on some belife you have which is based on what? some MMA class you took when you were a kid? really? thats your best? please stop. its like me saying all my knowledge about fighting is based on some karate class that i took when i was a kid and we got cookies at the end of every session. hell, you dont even have to go to a gym. go to youtube and see how sparrings are done. people are knocked out and having their face broken left and right.

Im done feeding you. Good post though. U really set me straight

Philosophía
of course i knew you are a liberal sjw. because you share the same thing all liberal sjw share. nerve breakdowns and emotional thinking without rationality or knowledge. Didn't know Sin's husband posted on KMC.

Dareangel
Im done feeding you. Good post though. U really set me straight

after reading my posts again, i came out as an a$$hole. sorry

Faceless808
Just adding my 2cents in the discussion. Although sparring is not at 100% (everyone agrees with this), There still is force in the blows thrown. And no one likes to lose, even a sparring match. I believe Tyson KO'ed a few of his sparring partners. But that's Tyson. lol. I'm still active in my training and I do see sparring matches get pretty heated.
Especially in MMA. It doesn't stress the self control that traditional MAs teach. Actually, it breeds the killer instinct in it's pupils. And it shows in the sparring matches. I know this is RL and we're talking comics, but I can understand what DareAngel is saying.

Sin I AM

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Faceless808
Just adding my 2cents in the discussion. Although sparring is not at 100% (everyone agrees with this), There still is force in the blows thrown. And no one likes to lose, even a sparring match. I believe Tyson KO'ed a few of his sparring partners. But that's Tyson. lol. I'm still active in my training and I do see sparring matches get pretty heated.
Especially in MMA. It doesn't stress the self control that traditional MAs teach. Actually, it breeds the killer instinct in it's pupils. And it shows in the sparring matches. I know this is RL and we're talking comics, but I can understand what DareAngel is saying.

Agreed on all points.

Especially the self control.

Now, we have Shang Chi. I wager his self control is pretty damn high.

To the point that, if you were to hit him and he goes down, he's not going to go after you in revenge or whatever. He'll just move on from it. Without any killer instinct. Because he's all about force, but only when necessary.

So in that scan,when Cap hit him and he went down....to claim that he didn't jump up and continue the fight because he was physically unable to, is false.

cdtm
Shang won't even use excessive force on a hungry shark in the water, admonishing Danny for using his Iron Fist.

So yeah.

Dareangel
Agreed on all points.

Especially the self control.

Now, we have Shang Chi. I wager his self control is pretty damn high.

To the point that, if you were to hit him and he goes down, he's not going to go after you in revenge or whatever. He'll just move on from it. Without any killer instinct. Because he's all about force, but only when necessary.

So in that scan,when Cap hit him and he went down....to claim that he didn't jump up and continue the fight because he was physically unable to, is false.

you cant come in and call something false, which is basically stating something as a fact, based on speculations like you just did. you assume shang chi wouldnt want to continue sparring and just rather sit on his butt because you think you know exactly what ran thru his head during that moment, without it actually being stated. those are speculations and you cant call something false based on them.

Dareangel
Shang won't even use excessive force on a hungry shark in the water, admonishing Danny for using his Iron Fist.

So yeah.

yeah shang doesnt even believe in fighting and sparring. he actually was there as a punching bag for cap. a peaceful nature loving punching bag. oh you mean the moment he took cap down and was trying to punch him but got blocked? never happened. shang chi is just a little ball of spirituality that never fights. he fights his opponents with love

DarkSaint85
Don't take my word for it.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107456/4926471-4926412-1838410120-25799.png

And when he doesn't want to, he just stops mid-fight if it serves no purpose. He'd even let others kill him before he would fight seriously:
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/14/148326/4208053-7042397461-87701.jpg

Dareangel

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107456/4926471-4926412-1838410120-25799.png

And when he doesn't want to, he just stops mid-fight if it serves no purpose. He'd even let others kill him before he would fight seriously:
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/14/148326/4208053-7042397461-87701.jpg

and again, i never claimed shang chi went 100% on cap. i am repeating my claim again. shang chi while sparring with cap, didnt go 100% but was fighting. he took cap down and he tried to punch him and kick him, no question about that. if cap didnt avoid or blocked that, he would have eaten a kick to the face or a punch.

now, when cap hits him with an elbow, shang chi drops down. that proves less than 100% cap can knock him down with a stike. then, we see shang chi still on the floor and cap is reaching his arm to help shang. to me, thats an indication he needed a hand there as was portrayed. not saying he was knocked out or badly injured, i am not a fool. however, that portray is meant to show us a less than 100% strike from cap is enough to stun shang chi and end the sparring. why didnt shang chi stop the sparring after he took cap down? why was he trying to punch him? you are basically choosing a new argument that shang chi in nature doesnt like to hurt anyone for nothing. however, it has no place in this thread because in this thread we already are discussing a fight (not full power) that shang chi did take part in. so there is no point in bringing his calm nature into a situation where he is already fighting and all sides agree he wasnt fighting 100%. in addition, shang chi didnt want to get hit i can promise you that. nor does his durability drops because its a sparring. therefor, i still believe my initial claim stands. now, i will go with you even further. bringing shang chi's nature, does not mean in some other specific situation he will act the same. you cant know what is going thru his mind in a specific situation , therefor, you cant determine as a fact what was he thinking about during that specific moment, unless the writer tells us. all you can do is assume based on this and that. assumptions, are not a base to determine facts.

StiltmanFTW
Lol, people just now posting Heroic Age bios.

DarkSaint85
Indeed. I also backed it up with a scan.

Shang isn't the Punisher. He doesn't seek revenge. In a sparring match, if you tag him, he's not going to jump back up and start looking to score a point on you.

Dareangel

Shang isn't the Punisher. He doesn't seek revenge. In a sparring match, if you tag him, he's not going to jump back up and start looking to score a point on you.

i already addressed that and explained. is it now a mere question of who will have the last word?

DarkSaint85
Not really. You can have it if you want. I've already given my opinion, several times, as to who wins in this match. You want to make that sparring match more than just a sparring match where neither side is being serious, and you have a combatant who doesn't like violence even when fighting evil - let alone In a sparring match with a friend - go ahead. You'll be wrong,and alone, just like you were when you argued an unconscious Wolverine was slashing WWH.

So go ahead and have the last post. Doesn't mean anything,like that sparring match.

cdtm

And now I'm imagining Beyonder switching up Shang and Castle

No one dies in the mob, and Fu Manchu keeps admonishing Castle against using "machinegun fu"..

DarkSaint85
"BE the bullet, Frank"

"Open your heart to peace.....and theirs to bullets"

Dareangel
Not really. You can have it if you want. I've already given my opinion, several times, as to who wins in this match. You want to make that sparring match more than just a sparring match where neither side is being serious, and you have a combatant who doesn't like violence even when fighting evil - let alone In a sparring match with a friend - go ahead. You'll be wrong,and alone, just like you were when you argued an unconscious Wolverine was slashing WWH.

So go ahead and have the last post. Doesn't mean anything,like that sparring match.

i never claimed this sparring match is more than i claimed it is. what did i claim it is? well its only spreaded on all the pages of this thread, so i dont feel like i really have to repeat myself. honestly, at this point it seems like you are not even trying to understand my point, but just try and portray it as something else, just so you can have the "win". you know very well i never claimed this sparring match is actually some evidence to how batman and shang will hang. i just thought its cool to bring it in here for people to notice his latest spar vs cap, maybe it will give ideas. also, i stated how i translate that spar into feats. but i never claimed it has much to do with batman vs shang.

Sin I AM

Who wrote that? Or rather from whos pov is it written

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.