The next main/major antagonist of the MCU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
While it's already been established fact Thanos is the true big bad of the MCU I'd like to hear your thoughts on who should be the next albeit inferior villain after phase three comes to an end. Be objective my loyal subjects.

TethAdamTheRock
Annihilus? Some type of Skrull Invasion?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Annihilus? That is who I am interested in if they get the FF rights or work with the company that does.

Firefly218
A time travel/Kang the Conqueror Avengers movie

Mindset
Originally posted by Firefly218
A time travel/Kang the Conqueror Avengers movie That could be fun.

Adam Grimes
The Beyonder.

Impediment
Assuming Disney acquires Fox, I want to see a true to form Doctor Doom.

The entire Skrull race, too.

Galactus just seems to hokey, IMO, for a modern day comic book film. Galactus would most certainly have to be de-powered, too.

-Pr-
Masters of Evil. Set them up as villains throughout the next phase, then have them come together for the event.

Firefly218
Doctor Doom can follow the Loki route.

Introduce his character as a semi-villain in a F4 reboot.

Then have him become the primary antagonist in Avengers 5, forcing the F4 and Avengers to team-up.

BruceSkywalker
whatever the hell they want lmao

i wanna see Annihilus... The Eternals... Richard Rider Nova,,, a good actor for Miles Morales... a good actor for Blaze and Ketch Ghost Rider.. A proper verison of Norrin Radd, The Air Walker, Firelord,,, Galactus if down right , Moon Knight... a better african american for Blade...

CPT Space Bomb
Thanos hasn't done anything yet. Let's hope he doesn't disappoint..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The Beyonder. I like that idea. Originally posted by Firefly218
Doctor Doom can follow the Loki route.

Introduce his character as a semi-villain in a F4 reboot.

Then have him become the primary antagonist in Avengers 5, forcing the F4 and Avengers to team-up. I already said he'd make a perfect Loki villain. He just isn't a big bad to me but more or less a Loki type level threat.

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
I like that idea. I already said he'd make a perfect Loki villain. He just isn't a big bad to me but more or less a Loki type level threat. It seems you judge the quality of villains based on their power level. There's a lot more to consider than just power level.

quanchi112
It seems you judge the quality of villains based on their power level. There's a lot more to consider than just power level. Of course not otherwise I'd be clamoring for Galactus as the big bad. I just don't see Doom as big bad just a foil for the FF. Given the right circumstances he can become quite dangerous but Thanos has always been a threat to the universe. Thanos' mind is his quite dangerous my Whedon loving enemy.

CPT Space Bomb
It seems you judge the quality of villains based on their power level. There's a lot more to consider than just power level. thumb up

Doom might not always be more powerful than Thanos (he has been multiple times) but he is the better villain.

Been doing his thing long before Thanos was even thought up.

Hell, Darth Vader (often considered the greatest cinematic villain of all time) was based partially off of Dr Doom

jaden101
Scarlet Witch detects some kind of omnipotent being has been watching them all from the beginning. Every time they get close to discovering who's behind it they literally disappear until it's revealed that Stan Lee's cameos are actually The One Above All and he's been manipulating them all. They draft in someone from an entirely different comic studio to deal with it because that character can't be manipulated

Or not.

relentless1
Galactus or Dormammu if they can't get big G

Kazenji
I would like to see them follow something up with Dormammu too, Not like he was killed in his first appearance compared to alot of the other MCU villains only defeated.

TethAdamTheRock
Those guys are too powerful to be done right

quanchi112
That is why Annihilus is perfect. When you have a Galactus level threat it would be very difficult to have the weaker heroes really having an impact. Hell with Annihilus you could have Galactus fighting his wave in the background.

Bentley

quanchi112

BruceSkywalker
the next big bad will be incoherent, dumbass illogical dc fanatic trolls who are gonna try to jump ship

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the next big bad will be incoherent, dumbass illogical dc fanatic trolls who are gonna try to jump ship Most of them already have.

BruceSkywalker
Most of them already have.

true...

Bentley
Kang has always been such a stale character to me. **** Kang just give me Annihilus especially since that arc was one of the best comic book stories ever written.

Kang is a more fun villain than Annihilus is, but both are often made fun out so they kind of fit in the MCU.

Impediment
The deal is official!

I wanna see the Skrulls and Secret Invasion!

Mindset
https://pre00.deviantart.net/650b/th/pre/f/2008/343/d/c/dr__doom_by_joejusko.jpg

playa1258
Doom is a good bet but there is now so much to choose from.

Darth Thor
Doom will be such an easy fit, being almost a mirror image of Tony Stark.

Anyway they still have to secure FF with Constantine films.

Mindset
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Doom will be such an easy fit, being almost a mirror image of Tony Stark.

Anyway they still have to secure FF with Constantine films. Tony + Dr. Strange.

Now that so much magic has been introduced to the universe they can make an accurate Doom.

Darth Thor
Yup

Josh_Alexander
You can expect Galactus, Annahilus, or maybe even the Beyonder.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Mindset
Tony + Dr. Strange.

Now that so much magic has been introduced to the universe they can make an accurate Doom. thumb up

playa1258
Doom!! You know it's coming.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by playa1258
Doom!! You know it's coming.

Doom will come. But not as the "next BIG BAD".

Thanos will depict MASSIVE UNSEEN levels of power in Infinty War pt 1 and 2.

It requires someone more powerful to claim the title of "the next BIG BAD".

Doom doesn't fill the requirements.

I bet for the Beyonder.

TethAdamTheRock
So Molecule Man could also come in

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
So Molecule Man could also come in

I would see MM helping the Avengers against The Beyonder.

MM isn't considered a Villain.

He was once a villain, but nowadays he is a hero. Besides the Beyonder would make a better villain.

BackFire
Mickey Mouse

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

I bet for the Beyonder. Again this notion that POWER = Greatness is absurd.

Also, you're factually incorrect. Doom has been more powerful than Thanos with the IG several times...

But again, you don't need to have Doom have universe altering power to be a great and compelling villain. Zemo is one of the best villains and he had 0 power. In fact, Zemo is the only MCU villain to "Win". I'm confident they can do Doom properly.

Mindset

I bet for the Beyonder. I disagree with everything you said.

nfactor1995
Doom, Galactus, Kang, or Dormammu would be my top choices probably. I'd really like to see more of Dormammu tbh

Josh_Alexander
I disagree with everything you said.

Based on?

quanchi112
Based on? He is another Doom guy. Doom can be the next Loki. He should rejoice in that since his last film was pure trash.

Mindset
Don't anger me, boy.

CPT Space Bomb
He is another Doom guy. Doom can be the next Loki. He should rejoice in that since his last film was pure trash. Doom> Loki in every single way. There are a LOT of people that want Doom and can't wait for him. Go check out the MCU reddit. Doom is the most iconic Marvel supervillain for reason.

Steve Zodiac
I'd like to see some blasphemous adaption of Thor 200, when the Celestials judge humanity and we get to see all the other Pantheons and the Eternals.

I hate Kang

Whilst on screen Doom has been shit, we've seen doom. Someone new is needed.

Michael Korvac for me, he doesn't have to get his god powers through Galactus's computers, he doesn't have to have been half man, half chair. But that Classic Jim Shooter Arc needs doing.

I think also The Watchers need an introduction and I would like to see Graviton or Nefaria as Avengers villians.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I'd like to see some blasphemous adaption of Thor 200, when the Celestials judge humanity and we get to see all the other Pantheons and the Eternals.

I hate Kang

Whilst on screen Doom has been shit, we've seen doom. Someone new is needed.

Michael Korvac for me, he doesn't have to get his god powers through Galactus's computers, he doesn't have to have been half man, half chair. But that Classic Jim Shooter Arc needs doing.

I think also The Watchers need an introduction and I would like to see Graviton or Nefaria as Avengers villians. I agree with Korvac (I've mentioned before I wanted that) and Graviton as well. Count Nefaria could be good as well. Disagree on Kang, though they should save him for later because Time traveling confounds everthing.

But couldn't disagree more about Doom. We NEED a great representation of Marvel's most iconic villain and rest assured, we WILL get it eventually...Hopefully sooner than later.

Firefly218
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I agree with Korvac (I've mentioned before I wanted that) and Graviton as well. Count Nefaria could be good as well. Disagree on Kang, though they should save him for later because Time traveling confounds everthing.

But couldn't disagree more about Doom. We NEED a great representation of Marvel's most iconic villain and rest assured, we WILL get it eventually...Hopefully sooner than later. Time traveling to the PAST confounds everything, but sending the Avengers into the dystopian future would be amazing and not confounding at all.

Bentley
Korvac could be interesting, at least they could take liberties with him given than the comic counterpart is inconsistent.

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I hate Kang

Kang hates you back.

-Pr-
Me personally, I'd like to see Doom, but only as long as he starts as an F4 villain. Make him the first, proper recurring villain and bring it up to a head.

Less of this "one and done" villainy, please.

Steve Zodiac
I agree with a lot of the last 5 posts, someone else I see as making an excellent villain is a controversial one... Mephisto and the Dweller in Darkness. Now we have magic why not bring Evil in? Doctor Strange needs a horrific outing.

quanchi112
Doom> Loki in every single way. There are a LOT of people that want Doom and can't wait for him. Go check out the MCU reddit. Doom is the most iconic Marvel supervillain for reason. Iyo but this is subjective. Magneto is insanely popular but that doesn't mean he's going to be the next big bad. Doom like Loki is routinely foiled by his own arch nemesis in Reed and Thor. It's fine for you to disagree but this is entirely too subjective and I've never been enamored with Doom or Magneto.

Thanos is the big bad as per Feige so let's just hope we even see Doom outside of five years down the road since this merger takes 18 months to even travel through the various legal wranglings to even become kosher.

quanchi112
Don't anger me, boy. Did Big Colossus slip under the radar and anger you in some way. He's one sneaky Russian.

Josh_Alexander
Doom would never be an Avengers villain!

Doom isn't a Supervillain.

Doom is a supersmart villain which is different.

The only way we could see Doom as a Supervillain would be if he was God Doom.

However we would need an adaptation of the Secret Wars for that.

CPT Space Bomb

Oh, ffs....here we go...

1. Yes he would and has been before....
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4c/87/ba/4c87ba7d35067fb652dccdf0f8b5925f--avengers-comics-the-avengers.jpg

2. YES. HE. IS. He is the epitome of a Supervillain....

3. He is both....

4. Have you read a Doom story in your life?

5. See above...

Nephthys
Out of the possibilities, Kang is the best choice imo.

A Skrull invasion would also be pretty epic and you could set it up in previous movies really well. Imagine a Captain America movie where the end credit sequence is Falcon calling up Skrull world and going "I'm in".

Robtard

You don't seem to know your Doom. Not even a little bit.

Josh_Alexander
Oh, ffs....here we go...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4c/87/ba/4c87ba7d35067fb652dccdf0f8b5925f--avengers-comics-the-avengers.jpg

2. YES. HE. IS. He is the epitome of a Supervillain....

3. He is both....

4. Have you read a Doom story in your life?

5. See above...

I've read Doom. Yet the title of this thread is "Who will be the next big bad in the MCU".

Doom might appear as a villain of the Avengers but he won't be the next Big Bad villain!

For that you require a villain that either equals or overpowers Thanos! And Doom doesn't have what it takes!!

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Robtard
You don't seem to know your Doom. Not even a little bit. thumb up

Arachnid1
Again this notion that POWER = Greatness is absurd.

Also, you're factually incorrect. Doom has been more powerful than Thanos with the IG several times...

But again, you don't need to have Doom have universe altering power to be a great and compelling villain. Zemo is one of the best villains and he had 0 power. In fact, Zemo is the only MCU villain to "Win". I'm confident they can do Doom properly.

Oh, ffs....here we go...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4c/87/ba/4c87ba7d35067fb652dccdf0f8b5925f--avengers-comics-the-avengers.jpg This

Doom is arguably the greatest Marvel comic book supervillain ever made. Anyone who talks him down just cant be taken seriously.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This

Doom is arguably the greatest Marvel comic book supervillain ever made. Anyone who talks him down just cant be taken seriously.

laughing out loud

You don't replace a lion with a cat!

Even if Doom is the better villain. We are talking about power here. Thanos is way more powerful than Doom!

Anyone who claims otherwise isn't worth taking seriously.

Josh_Alexander
thumb up

I don't pretend to know more than you of Dr. Doom (Considering that you have him on your profile pic and signature - It's clear you are a big fan of him).

But my knowledge over the Marvel panorama is enough to tell you that Doom won't be the next Big Bad guy in the MCU.

Impediment
Doom is Marvel's greatest villain with a fantastically rich history of notoriety.

BruceSkywalker
next big bad is going to be all the dc characters since WB will be selling them to Disney real soon

Mindset
laughing out loud

You don't replace a lion with a cat!

Even if Doom is the better villain. We are talking about power here. Thanos is way more powerful than Doom!

Anyone who claims otherwise isn't worth taking seriously. Doom has had more power than Thanos on like 5 different occasions, probably other times that I'm forgetting about.

Anyway, if Marvel is truly trying to build their movie universe, they are going to need to include their greatest antagonist.

quanchi112
This

Doom is arguably the greatest Marvel comic book supervillain ever made. Anyone who talks him down just cant be taken seriously. This is all subjective so relax. You seem pretty narrow minded and foolishly believes your own opinion is a fact. It isn't. We will see what the MCU has in store but I'd bet against him as the next big bad. Want to take the bet ?

CPT Space Bomb
I'm not saying that Doom WILL be the next big bad, but he WOULD make a great villain in the MCU and absolutely could be the next big bad. Who knows.. I doubt they'll have the rights sorted out in time anyway..unfortunately.

If I were to guess I'd say Doom arrives in the MCU within the next 3 years.

quanchi112
I'm not saying that Doom WILL be the next big bad, but he WOULD make a great villain in the MCU and absolutely could be the next big bad. Who knows.. I doubt they'll have the rights sorted out in time anyway..unfortunately.

If I were to guess I'd say Doom arrives in the MCU within the next 3 years. I know you want him to be but I don't. Opinions vary. I'm trying to tell arachnid that just because people aren't enthralled with Doom it's all subjective and he needs to relax. I'm also curious if he will take my bet.

I'd agree he will arrive in the next three years.

Josh_Alexander

If I were to guess I'd say Doom arrives in the MCU within the next 3 years.

I never said that Doom wouldnt be a good villain. I even think he could be better than Loki!

However Doom is not the villain you look to replace the Mad Titan.

Thanos is the Big Bad right now. Someone scarier and more terrible must be look to replace him.

Disney already bought Fox. Its a matter of how long before MCU comes with a script for Doom.

Id say 2 years.

Arachnid1
I never said that Doom wouldnt be a good villain. I even think he could be better than Loki!

However Doom is not the villain you look to replace the Mad Titan.

Thanos is the Big Bad right now. Someone scarier and more terrible must be look to replace him.

Disney already bought Fox. Its a matter of how long before MCU comes with a script for Doom.

Id say 2 years. Doom is substantially smarter, more arrogant/confident, sometimes more powerful, waaay more layered, more capable, and has a ton more phenomenal stories to pull from that don't even involve the FF. He can easily be a worldwide threat and he doesn't need a gauntlet to do it. He has fought gods, the devil, and became a god himself. Hell, God Emperor Doom had the FF, Avengers, Thanos and tons of other Marvel comics characters team up against him, and flat out called himself God in conversation with fking Thanos right before he murdered him. He wasn't far off either. God Emperor Doom is one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. He dwarves Thanos with the Gauntlet, Galactus, and every Celestial, and is even comparable to The Living Tribunal. The best part is, his motivations are completely selfish. It all boils down to his arrogance. Thanos does it out of love for a girl, which is a classic motivation too but also kind of lame for a villain.

When it comes to supervillains, Doctor Doom is the true embodiment of the term. I think of him when I think of supervillains the same way I think of Superman when I think of superheroes. The guy has a presence and capability no other villain comes close to. Thanos may possibly be in the top 7 Marvel villains. Doom is in the running for #1 when it comes to comics in general. The MCU bringing him into the fold is a HUGE deal.

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/86/66/cc622c3a5b194713b86c5ec4c1607881.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4FdpD1b.jpg
https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111299281/5621083-0414615514-lAtlSLVdxqI- 2IU6c6x_1Jl7EX1zyakIs8OoKSbrvJLMpGH2MNsFEXHnO34b4_
FJc51CDRsULZcP%3Ds0

Arachnid1
https://i.imgur.com/IYlrjJw.jpg

Man, I want to see this guy done justice in an MCU movie.

https://static.businessinsider.com/image/55c3e36bdd089562258b46ba/image.jpg

This is all subjective so relax. You seem pretty narrow minded and foolishly believes your own opinion is a fact. It isn't. We will see what the MCU has in store but I'd bet against him as the next big bad. Want to take the bet ? I'm not saying that you cant have a subjective thought or opinion. You can like or dislike a villain all you like. It's like Negan and the Governor. You don't like Negan, and thats fine, but he's had more impact on the group and TWD in general. Doom has a much bigger pool of stories to pull from, and has been the center of so many Marvel events that even looking at him objectively, you have to acknowledge the fact that he is a huge threat in his own right and easily as big as Thanos.

That bet is a bit random. What do you define as "big bad"? Ultron was big enough to be an Avengers villain but he's no Thanos. TBH I'd bet on him being a big bad eventually (most likely after whoever comes next), but he may need set up before then. Phase 4 is already completely planned out so it's more likely he'll be integrated after for Phase 5 or 6 since they barely got him back. He needs to be at the center of an FF story first for sure.

Impediment
Doom needs to be introduced into the MCU, but not as Doctor Doom the mega super villain.

Victor Von Doom appears, gains a reputation for being a super genius like Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, is known for his incredible intellectual narcissism and ego, and his background in gypsy magic is made known to the viewers.

That all seems like the logical way to set up Doom as opposed to making another FF film and throwing all of it into 90 minutes.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Impediment
Doom needs to be introduced into the MCU, but not as Doctor Doom the mega super villain.

Victor Von Doom appears, gains a reputation for being a super genius like Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, is known for his incredible intellectual narcissism and ego, and his background in gypsy magic is made known to the viewers.

That all seems like the logical way to set up Doom as opposed to making another FF film and throwing all of it into 90 minutes. Yeah, agreed. One of the things I've always liked about Doom was his ambition and sense of growth both mentally and in terms of power. Start him off there, work him up to dictator of Latveria, and go big from there but give him an arc instead of a 10 second scene after a movie here and there like Thanos. Build him up properly.

CPT Space Bomb

That all seems like the logical way to set up Doom as opposed to making another FF film and throwing all of it into 90 minutes. Yah, as I said I'd love to see him get his solo movie like he was going to, but have the MCU behind it. I have faith the MCU can do Doom justice.

Josh_Alexander
Doom is substantially smarter, more arrogant/confident, sometimes more powerful, waaay more layered, more capable, and has a ton more phenomenal stories to pull from that don't even involve the FF. He can easily be a worldwide threat and he doesn't need a gauntlet to do it. He has fought gods, the devil, and became a god himself. Hell, God Emperor Doom had the FF, Avengers, Thanos and tons of other Marvel comics characters team up against him, and flat out called himself God in conversation with fking Thanos right before he murdered him. He wasn't far off either. God Emperor Doom is one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. He dwarves Thanos with the Gauntlet, Galactus, and every Celestial, and is even comparable to The Living Tribunal. The best part is, his motivations are completely selfish. It all boils down to his arrogance. Thanos does it out of love for a girl, which is a classic motivation too but also kind of lame for a villain.

When it comes to supervillains, Doctor Doom is the true embodiment of the term. I think of him when I think of supervillains the same way I think of Superman when I think of superheroes. The guy has a presence and capability no other villain comes close to. Thanos may possibly be in the top 7 Marvel villains. Doom is in the running for #1 when it comes to comics in general. The MCU bringing him into the fold is a HUGE deal.

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/86/66/cc622c3a5b194713b86c5ec4c1607881.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4FdpD1b.jpg
https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111299281/5621083-0414615514-lAtlSLVdxqI- 2IU6c6x_1Jl7EX1zyakIs8OoKSbrvJLMpGH2MNsFEXHnO34b4_
FJc51CDRsULZcP%3Ds0

Doom is nowhere near the level of power of Thanos!

HAHAHA except the Infinity Gaunlet isn't a worldwide threat! It's a UNIVERSAL THREAT. Something Doom could never replicate unless he gathers the gaunlet himself!

Sorry to break you heart, but when you think of evil in the Marvel Universe you think of Thanos!

Doom is a FF villain. Whilst Thanos is a villain of Marvel as a whole!

Even Galactus recognizes Thanos as a threat. Doom doesn't have such respect.

Josh_Alexander

I'm not saying that you cant have a subjective thought or opinion. You can like or dislike a villain all you like. It's like Negan and the Governor. You don't like Negan, and thats fine, but he's had more impact on the group and TWD in general. Doom has a much bigger pool of stories to pull from, and has been the center of so many Marvel events that even looking at him objectively, you have to acknowledge the fact that he is a huge threat in his own right and easily as big as Thanos.

That bet is a bit random. What do you define as "big bad"? Ultron was big enough to be an Avengers villain but he's no Thanos. TBH I'd bet on him being a big bad eventually (most likely after whoever comes next), but he may need set up before then. Phase 4 is already completely planned out so it's more likely he'll be integrated after for Phase 5 or 6 since they barely got him back. He needs to be at the center of an FF story first for sure.

laughing out loud

That is God Doom. For that you require a Secret Wars movie!

In which case, AS I MENTIONED BEFORE the next MCU Supervillain would be the Beyonder/Beyonders!

So, again Doom isn't going to be the next Big Bad of the MCU.

CPT Space Bomb

HAHAHA except the Infinity Gaunlet isn't a worldwide threat! It's a UNIVERSAL THREAT. Something Doom could never replicate unless he gathers the gaunlet himself!

Sorry to break you heart, but when you think of evil in the Marvel Universe you think of Thanos!

Even Galactus recognizes Thanos as a threat. Doom doesn't have such respect. Do you understand the definition of "Conflating"? Or, confusing? Let me help you here....

1. Again, Power =/= A good villain
2. No one can replicate the infinity gauntlet levels of power without THOTU or Godhood...etc... it's not like Thanos is Infinity Gauntlet level power often.
3. Evil =/= A good villain
4. Doom is a villain that is seen in the pages of the FF, of that you are right. But Doom is a Supervillain that has taken on and defeated teams of heroes, planets and the Universe itself...
5. Doom has defeated Galactus on multiple occasions... Galactus Knows Doom is a threat.

Arachnid1

Even Galactus recognizes Thanos as a threat. Doom doesn't have such respect. Galactus isn't as powerful as Thanos with the Gauntlet. He's up there, but doesn't beat him out. Both are only a fraction of God Emperor Doom, which means that yes, he can be a universal threat. In fact, the Beyonders abilities made him a multiversal threat.

Either way, the point of all that is to show that Doom at his most powerful has dwarfed some of the most powerful villains Marvel has had to offer. Power itself doesn't make one the best villain, but he has had that capability many times over. That said, his best stories IMO are the ones that have kept him more grounded and showcased his character, intellect, and ruthlessness. Those are the stories I want them to adapt (at least to start off).

laughing out loud

That is God Doom. For that you require a Secret Wars movie!

In which case, AS I MENTIONED BEFORE the next MCU Supervillain would be the Beyonder/Beyonders!

So, again Doom isn't going to be the next Big Bad of the MCU. I'm not arguing who's going to be next. Thats not the point of any of those posts. Chances are they've already planned out the next big bad and they've only recently acquired the rights to Fox. The point is Doom has the capability to deliver us the best Marvel stories to date, and he can easily be an epic threat. He is the best antagonist Marvel has to offer. Eventually, he will be a big bad. Probably not the next, but he's coming.

The Beyonder would actually be cool although it's hard to see current MCU having any kind of chance against him. I still even have doubts we'll get to see Thanos use the gauntlet to it's full comic level capability nevermind the Beyonder or God Emperor Doom.

BruceSkywalker
i honestly do not care who the next big bad will be... i am happy and looking forward to what Marvel does with these characters

Josh_Alexander
Galactus isn't as powerful as Thanos with the Gauntlet. He's up there, but doesn't beat him out. Both are only a fraction of God Emperor Doom, which means that yes, he can be a universal threat. In fact, the Beyonders abilities made him a multiversal threat.

Either way, the point of all that is to show that Doom at his most powerful has dwarfed some of the most powerful villains Marvel has had to offer. Power itself doesn't make one the best villain, but he has had that capability many times over. That said, his best stories IMO are the ones that have kept him more grounded and showcased his character, intellect, and ruthlessness. Those are the stories I want them to adapt (at least to start off).

I'm not arguing who's going to be next. Thats not the point of any of those posts. Chances are they've already planned out the next big bad and they've only recently acquired the rights to Fox. The point is Doom has the capability to deliver us the best Marvel stories to date, and he can easily be an epic threat. He is the best antagonist Marvel has to offer. Eventually, he will be a big bad. Probably not the next, but he's coming.

The Beyonder would actually be cool although it's hard to see current MCU having any kind of chance against him. I still even have doubts we'll get to see Thanos use the gauntlet to it's full comic level capability nevermind the Beyonder or God Emperor Doom.

I never said Thanos had to possess the Gaunlet for Galactus to respect him. In the comics Thanos was able to hurt Galactus gaunlet-less.

Naah. Thanos has accomplished more. The Infinity Gaunlet and the Heart of the Universe put Thanos way beyond Doom.

Again, I never said Doom wasn't going to be an excellent villain.

But when "THREAT" is concern...Doom doesn't really pose a big one TBH.

The Beyonders, Annihilus, Thanos, Korvac....Even Dormammu is a more dangerous foe than Doom.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i honestly do not care who the next big bad will be... i am happy and looking forward to what Marvel does with these characters

Something we all agree. Yet we all also like discussing so...

Mindset
I never said Thanos had to possess the Gaunlet for Galactus to respect him. In the comics Thanos was able to hurt Galactus gaunlet-less.

Naah. Thanos has accomplished more. The Infinity Gaunlet and the Heart of the Universe put Thanos way beyond Doom.

The Beyonders, Annihilus, Thanos, Korvac....Even Dormammu is a more dangerous foe than Doom.

You really just have no idea what you're talking about.

-Pr-
I don't see why a villain needs to be more powerful than Thanos. As long as he/she/they is powerful enough to fight the Avengers on equal or superior footing, that's more than enough of a threat imo.

quanchi112

I'm not saying that you cant have a subjective thought or opinion. You can like or dislike a villain all you like. It's like Negan and the Governor. You don't like Negan, and thats fine, but he's had more impact on the group and TWD in general. Doom has a much bigger pool of stories to pull from, and has been the center of so many Marvel events that even looking at him objectively, you have to acknowledge the fact that he is a huge threat in his own right and easily as big as Thanos.

That bet is a bit random. What do you define as "big bad"? Ultron was big enough to be an Avengers villain but he's no Thanos. TBH I'd bet on him being a big bad eventually (most likely after whoever comes next), but he may need set up before then. Phase 4 is already completely planned out so it's more likely he'll be integrated after for Phase 5 or 6 since they barely got him back. He needs to be at the center of an FF story first for sure. Negan is nauseating and as the show's writers have him as their big bad he's boring and divisive among the fans. He's fallen flat. He's also been around in more episodes but Governor had less men that's why. He rose to the top twice.

No one is as big as Thanos has consistently been. Thanos is the big bad of marvel. Doom has more appearances and at his best he's become the focal point with amps but he's never succeeded like Thanos with his goals. Thanos has won and has only defeated himself. Doom's willpower was broken in secret wars in humiliating fashion and Reed humiliated him as he usually does. Doom can rise to the top but he isn't the successful one Thanos has been. Thanos even saved doom from being killed by Akhtentan or however you spell his name in an endless loop. He was not even smart enough to grasp the situation.

Thanos was the big bad and it took three phases to finally see him. Doom will be a threat in the same vein as Loki. So you accept the bet. If he's the center of a FF story he won't be the big bad he might just be an opportunistic Loki who eventually stumbled onto something which upgrades him not the same cache as Thanos who looms in the background and terrifies aliens all throughout the cosmos. His reputation is quite impressive and stands alone.

Josh_Alexander
You really just have no idea what you're talking about.

Comic stuff.

Mindset
Comic stuff. Which you obviously have no clue about.

CPT Space Bomb
Which you obviously have no clue about. Yah. This guy is a troll methinks.. He CAN'T be this ignorant.....

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see why a villain needs to be more powerful than Thanos. As long as he/she/they is powerful enough to fight the Avengers on equal or superior footing, that's more than enough of a threat imo.

Because of the title of this threat.

The Thread is asking which villain will be the next big bad in the MCU. The thread isn't which is going to be the next villain in the avengers.

Since the post credit scene in Avengers 1 everyone knew Thanos was the big bad villain in the MCU.

Now, once Thanos is defeated, someone else will have to replace him.

The MCU will have to look for someone more powerful than Thanos.

Why?

It wouldn't be interesting to go watch a movie whose big bad villain is nothing compared to the previous one.

E.G.

Star Wars made Snoke. A villain which promises to be more powerful than Darth Sidious.

So now everyone is interested in going to watch the movies.

Josh_Alexander
Which you obviously have no clue about.

Me or you?

Yah. This guy is a troll methinks.. He CAN'T be this ignorant.....

Lol. Whatever. When Doom doesn't make the next big bad in the MCU will see who the ignorant is.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see why a villain needs to be more powerful than Thanos.

Bingo

Darth Thor

Arachnid1

-Pr-
Because of the title of this threat.

The Thread is asking which villain will be the next big bad in the MCU. The thread isn't which is going to be the next villain in the avengers.

Since the post credit scene in Avengers 1 everyone knew Thanos was the big bad villain in the MCU.

Now, once Thanos is defeated, someone else will have to replace him.

The MCU will have to look for someone more powerful than Thanos.

Why?

It wouldn't be interesting to go watch a movie whose big bad villain is nothing compared to the previous one.

E.G.

Star Wars made Snoke. A villain which promises to be more powerful than Darth Sidious.

So now everyone is interested in going to watch the movies.

Can't say I agree at all. Anyone powerful enough to beat the Avengers single-handed isn't going to have much trouble with the Guardians and Black Panther.

You could easily do someone like Kang or a less-crap Ultron and they'd work just fine.

As would Doom, if you used any number of arcs.

Darth Thor

Josh_Alexander

playa1258
The next big MCU villain does not have to be Thanos level to be effective.

Now Marvel finally has its choice of what villains to use.

Nibedicus
I feel like they shouldn't escalate the power levels of stories right away after the infinity war. I feel like more grounded stories can be made without having to make every threat cosmic+ in nature to mix up the pace of storytelling a bit. Cosmic this and cosmic that (especially since that's the direction of the JL it looks like) would just become boring eventually IMO.

If I were to pick a villain, I'd say Mole Man. Tho, prolly not as an Avengers villain. Maybe for a FF reboot?

Giant Kaiju type creatures. Armies of moloids. Underground battles (could be an interesting setting, since being away from the main cities means that they can cut loose with the power). It would be a fresh change of pace from all the space/cosmic stuff that's being thrown at us.

Doesn't have the oomph factor of a cosmic big bad, but maybe a temporary shift in direction will help keep the movies from getting repetitive.

Darth Thor

TheLordofMurder
Dr Doom hands down...

Why? For many reasons:

1) When fully explored, as in the comics, he has an excellent backstory and is rich in character depth...

His hatred for Reed Richards and desire to free his mom from Mephisto can make for some awesome story telling...

2) He is much more than just raw power...

Dr Doom has one of the strongest intellects in Marvel and as such, he can be a part of a compelling story without need for the constant "power creep" that we sometimes see in movies (with each baddie being more powerful than the one before him endlessly)...

3) Doom is so versatile that he can be almost anyone's enemy and fit the role nicely; he'd fit just as well against Strange as he would against the Avengers or the Fantastic Four...

In conclusion, its gotta be Doom...

Its gotta be...

And to add to the reasons stated above (after several disappointing incarnations of him on the big screen) we are owed the REAL Dr Doom d@mmit!!

We've had enough with these fake Dooms that Fox has exposed us to; lets see Dr Doom realized in all his comicbook glory...

smile

TheLordofMurder

LoL...

In the original Secret War, Doom defeated the most powerful character ever written by Marvel...

Ever...

As per the writing of the original Secret War, Pre-Retcon Beyonder was millions of times more powerful than everything in our reality combined...

And that includes the Infinity Gems and Heart of the Infinite (which simply hadn't been discovered/had their true power realized yet)...

Its in dispuptable, Dooms highest feat is greater than anyone or anything elses in the Marvel universe...

Period...

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
LoL...

In the original Secret War, Doom defeated the most powerful character ever written by Marvel...

Ever...

As per the writing of the original Secret War, Pre-Retcon Beyonder was millions of times more powerful than everything in our reality combined...

And that includes the Infinity Gems and Heart of the Infinite (which simply hadn't been discovered/had their true power realized yet)...

Its in dispuptable, Dooms highest feat is greater than anyone or anything elses in the Marvel universe...

Period...

As you yourself claimed that's in the original Secret Wars which was retconned.

And again, that requires a Secret Wars movie. In which case The Next Big Bad in the MCU will be The Beyonder/Beyonders as i claimed previously

Again that's a retconned comic.

In continuity Dr. Doom's greatest feat is stealing the Beyonders Powers to become God Doom.

However the problem with it is that he was aided by Molecule Man and Dr. Strange!

So isn't like it's a feat of his own tbh!

Josh_Alexander

Arachnid1
Dr Doom hands down...

Why? For many reasons:

1) When fully explored, as in the comics, he has an excellent backstory and is rich in character depth...

His hatred for Reed Richards and desire to free his mom from Mephisto can make for some awesome story telling...

2) He is much more than just raw power...

Dr Doom has one of the strongest intellects in Marvel and as such, he can be a part of a compelling story without need for the constant "power creep" that we sometimes see in movies (with each baddie being more powerful than the one before him endlessly)...

3) Doom is so versatile that he can be almost anyone's enemy and fit the role nicely; he'd fit just as well against Strange as he would against the Avengers or the Fantastic Four...

LoL...

Ever...

Period... thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I feel like they shouldn't escalate the power levels of stories right away after the infinity war. I feel like more grounded stories can be made without having to make every threat cosmic+ in nature to mix up the pace of storytelling a bit. Cosmic this and cosmic that (especially since that's the direction of the JL it looks like) would just become boring eventually IMO.

If I were to pick a villain, I'd say Mole Man. Tho, prolly not as an Avengers villain. Maybe for a FF reboot?

Giant Kaiju type creatures. Armies of moloids. Underground battles (could be an interesting setting, since being away from the main cities means that they can cut loose with the power). It would be a fresh change of pace from all the space/cosmic stuff that's being thrown at us.

Doesn't have the oomph factor of a cosmic big bad, but maybe a temporary shift in direction will help keep the movies from getting repetitive. I agree and don't think they plan to. You can't always go bigger and badder. Thanos is the pinnacle and change the direction post Thanos is the way to go.

quanchi112
thumb up laughing out loud

Nah.

Arachnid1
laughing out loud

Nah. thumb down

quanchi112
thumb down Quit spouting nonsense.

Impediment
It should be Doctor Doom, without exception.

quanchi112
It should be Doctor Doom, without exception. No. he is Loki level at best depending on the circumstances. Give me Galactus. Doom has failed multiple times as well to boot.

Impediment
Doctor Doom trumped Galactus.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-doom-galactus-powers-marvel/

Old Man Whirly!
I would like to see Korvac for the next Avengers with a Nefaria cameo, like how the old James Bonds had him finishing his last mission before the new plot.

Flyattractor
Can't wait for Doom to Surpass Thanos.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/ybuaqo2p

Flyattractor
So DC will be facing ACTUAL Evil Villains unlike Marvel?

Jmanghan
Thanos is really f*cking close to the tippy-top of the list, like easily in the Top 5, if not in the Top 3 of all-time Marvel Comics. There literally isn't that many characters period that have posed a threat to him with the infinity gauntlet.

roughrider
I look forward to the huge cosmic threats to come...but I also want some circumstances to lead to Thanos getting released from 'death' so he can hang out in the background, seeing where the universe is going. Audiences will spend years in suspense trying to guess his agenda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.