Kylo and Rey Rankings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
How would you rank Kylo and Rey compared to other canon characters now that you've seen TLJ?

ares834
Well below the other major Jedi/Sith.

Unbowed
Above Vader level.

ares834
laughing out loud

Unbowed
Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud
Sorry buddy. They are far more impressive that ROTJ Luke, and he pushed Vader's shit in when Vader was at his strongest, so...

ares834
Vader was conflicted. That's the entire point of RotJ. But, even if we ignore that, then Luke being on par with Vader means he is well above these two as Vader's canon feats shit all over theirs.

The Merchant
Well, unless im missing details

Leia withstanding a bridge explosion and surviving Vacuum of space would put Kylo, Luke, Rey, and Snoke above Qui-Gon. Very impressive showing of Barrier powers that rivals Vadera best canon stuff

darthbane77
Rey is still pretty low. I think Kylo is definitely on the level of some low to mid tier council masters from the PT

Trocity
Vader withstands explosions that dwarf that, and he has flown through the vacuum of space after casually leaping from his starfighter in the Marvel comics.

ares834
Well he has armor that protects him from the Vacuum of space. But, yeah, that showing pales in comparison to what we've seen him do.

And it's not as if she used a barrier to survive the explosion anyway. The explosion tore a hole in the bridge pulling her out into vacuum where she used the force to survive and yank herself to safety.

samappo
Vader was conflicted. That's the entire point of RotJ. But, even if we ignore that, then Luke being on par with Vader means he is well above these two as Vader's canon feats shit all over theirs.

I used to think that, but the ROTJ novelisation and comic definitely makes it clear that Vader was prepared to kill Luke and wasn't holding back.

ares834
Sure. Which doesn't change the fact that he was conflicted and therefore won't be fighting to the best of his abilities.

The Merchant
Oh, never mind then. I guess the space thing is still valid but not really anything quantifiable for combat.

Haschwalth
Well he has armor that protects him from the Vacuum of space. But, yeah, that showing pales in comparison to what we've seen him do.

And it's not as if she used a barrier to survive the explosion anyway. The explosion tore a hole in the bridge pulling her out into vacuum where she used the force to survive and yank herself to safety.

And she was comatosed afterwards, when vader walked out

samappo
Sure. Which doesn't change the fact that he was conflicted and therefore won't be fighting to the best of his abilities.

So? Luke was intuitively copying Vader's Form V to the point where whatever Vader throws at him, he'll just use right back at his dad. According to the sources, Jedi Masters would be amazed at how Luke learnt so quickly.

ares834
What's your point?

samappo
Luke isn't on par with Vader. He's above Vader solely because when he fights Vader, he just copies the form and improves it.

ares834
A hampered Vader. Sure. yes

samappo
Luke pretty much scales with whatever Vader outputs.

Azronger
Rey can lift a pile of rocks. Kylo stalemated her. No clue why people think they're Vader level.

EDIT: Well, now that I think about it, it's pretty blatant there's no one who actually thinks that. The only people who say so are trolling.

Lord Stark
They struggled against non-force sensitive Praetorian guards. So not very high.

samappo
Kylo wants to be as strong as Vader, that's how Snoke is able to manipulate him.

Unbowed
Originally posted by samappo
Kylo wants to be as strong as Vader, that's how Snoke is able to manipulate him.
Kylo has never met Vader, he doesn't know how strong he is. He just fixates on him as a symbol because of the family connection and his own personal demons.

ares834
Originally posted by samappo

Yep. Hell, even Snoke seems to be fascinated with Vader's power and he is well beyond either Kylo or Rey.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by darthbane77
Rey is still pretty low. I think Kylo is definitely on the level of some low to mid tier council masters from the PT
Rey and Kylo are explicitly and visibly equals.

Greysentinel365
I like the detail that Rey was getting her ass kicked by 2 guards while Kylo was mowing through them.

There is clearly a gap there.

NewGuy01
Yep. Hell, even Snoke seems to be fascinated with Vader's power and he is well beyond either Kylo or Rey.

"The bloodline of Vader," is fascinating to pretty much anyone, though, Palpatine included. He may have felt differently if Kylo were a cripple.

ares834
They seem to be talking about suited Vader though.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by The Merchant
Oh, never mind then. I guess the space thing is still valid but not really anything quantifiable for combat.
Considering Aphra survives in space for literally no reason, it's not as impressive as it sounds.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rey and Kylo are explicitly and visibly equals. Not really. Given Rey struggled to best one or two of Snoke's Praetorian, and Kylo succeeded in soloing the rest of them, save one. Kylo was quite obviously Rey's superior in sabers, the only area of contention between them is in the Force.

Psychotron
Kylo had to be saved by Rey when that one guy was choking him out. Also, Rey already defeated him in TFA, so...

Rebel95
Originally posted by Lord Stark
There have been many times when force sensitives have struggled against non force sensitives. Maul struggled against Pre Vizla, a non force senstive. Obi Wan struggled against Jango Fett and Grievous. Since we don't know how Praetorian guards compare, the fact that they're non force sensitive doesn't really mean anything

Rebel95
That's just my two cents. I haven't even seen the movie yet so we'll see how I feel after that. Seeing it in 2 hours!

Greysentinel365
Originally posted by Lord Stark

Canon has non-force sensitives able to contend with Jedi/Sith. That's just the way things are now.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Canon has non-force sensitives able to contend with Jedi/Sith. That's just the way things are now.

True, but its usually through use of gadget, tech and evasion, rather than flat out going blow for blow with them.

samappo
We don't even know the history/info of the Praetorian Guards, so we can't just make assumptions yet ...

Rebel95
Just saw the movie, I still don't think there's any way to scale their power relative to other characters tbh

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rebel95
Just saw the movie, I still don't think there's any way to scale their power relative to other characters tbh

They can really only scale to eachother at this point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.