Supermen vs. Dormammu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Supermen team:

- Reeve's Superman
- Smallville Superman
- JL Superman

VS.

Dormammu

Who wins?

Impediment
Stalemate.

Dormammu has no verified weaknesses.

Utrigita
I think in the long run Dormammu will grind down the Supermen, Smallville has iirc been damaged by Magic before, and he is imo the strongest of the three.

Stigma
Well, I was thinking that Reeve's Superman time and matter manipulation powers will be problematic for Dormammu.

Josh_Alexander
Dormammu Mega Stomps.

Superman has no magic nor time manipulation to help him bargain.

Superman gets demolished.

emporerpants
Reeves Superman literally went back in time to save Lois.

Silent Master
So?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by emporerpants
Reeves Superman literally went back in time to save Lois.

How can he travel in time if he is dead?

Dr. Strange used the Time Gem to create a Time Loop.

Every time Strange was killed the Time Gem would restore time to prior his death.

Superman has no way to go back in time once Dormammu kills him.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Stigma
Well, I was thinking that Reeve's Superman time and matter manipulation powers will be problematic for Dormammu.

No.

emporerpants
I'm not arguing one way or another. Just correcting the fact that someone said they didn't have time travel as an option. They do. It just depends on whether they would use it and if Reeves Superman could tank a blast or two or not. I don't believe he has ever shown a weakness to magic yes? So, it is possible he can tank magic. It is also possible he can't. So it's a crapshoot.

Josh_Alexander
I'm not arguing one way or another. Just correcting the fact that someone said they didn't have time travel as an option. They do. It just depends on whether they would use it and if Reeves Superman could tank a blast or two or not. I don't believe he has ever shown a weakness to magic yes? So, it is possible he can tank magic. It is also possible he can't. So it's a crapshoot.

thumb up

Okay, just clarifying the fact.

Adam Grimes
Jokes aside Dormammu's best feat is killing a newb Strange with shit durability. I get why people wank him but he's damn near featless for phucks sake.

emporerpants
Indeed. But most Supermen have a weakness to magic, so I can see an argument for magic having an effect on Reeves Superman. On the other hand, he has never been shown having a magic weakness, and each Superman is really a different character, so assigning him a weakness he has never shown seems unfair.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Jokes aside Dormammu's best feat is killing a newb Strange with shit durability. I get why people wank him but he's damn near featless for phucks sake. That is why we don't just go by feats alone. It's like shittojg on Doctor Manhattan since he didn't really have formidable competition. Horrendous argument. Supermen die horribly.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by quanchi112
That is why we don't just go by feats alone. It's like shittojg on Doctor Manhattan since he didn't really have formidable competition. Horrendous argument. Supermen die horribly. You don't just go by feats alone? Then what else, your feelings? Figures.

quanchi112
You don't just go by feats alone? Then what else, your feelings? Figures. Portayals, abilities, logic, and feats. Anyone who goes by feats only does not have the ability to use critical thinking.

playa1258
Smallville Superman was able to survive the bleed which was the wall of the multiverse.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Smallville Superman was able to survive the bleed which was the wall of the multiverse. He won't survive Dormammu.

playa1258
Dormammu will have to more than what he did against Strange.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Dormammu will have to more than what he did against Strange. He toyed with Strange.

laughing out loud

Strange had no chance outside the time stone. Context.

Stigma
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Dormammu Mega Stomps.

Superman has no magic nor time manipulation to help him bargain.

Superman gets demolished.
There are 3 Supermen here. I hope you noticed the OP.

Well, Reeve's Superman can manipulate time and matter. Not too shabby tbh.

Stigma
Indeed. But most Supermen have a weakness to magic, so I can see an argument for magic having an effect on Reeves Superman. On the other hand, he has never been shown having a magic weakness, and each Superman is really a different character, so assigning him a weakness he has never shown seems unfair.
Good points thumb up

My rationale for this team's power is that Reeve's Supes can manipualte time and matter, Smallville Supes can move a planet with ease, JL Supes is all-around vastly more poweful than the Avengers.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Stigma
There are 3 Supermen here. I hope you noticed the OP.

Well, Reeve's Superman can manipulate time and matter. Not too shabby tbh.

I have. Yet none can defeat Dormammu.

Dormammu is far beyond anything those superman have faced.

I don't see a way for Superman to even harm Dormammu.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
He won't survive Dormammu.

laughing

Surtur
So, do we just automatically grant Dormammu massive durability? Cuz Smallville Clark is hilariously faster with potent heat vision.

If a character is supposed to be powerful, but has shitty feats? The solution is do not use them lol.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Surtur
So, do we just automatically grant Dormammu massive durability? Cuz Smallville Clark is hilariously faster with potent heat vision.

If a character is supposed to be powerful, but has shitty feats? The solution is do not use them lol.

Yeah.

Speed means nothing against Magic and Reality Warping.

Once the World is under Dormammu's control he can do anything he wishes.

Thats why Strange "Bargain" Dormammu.

There was no way to defeat Dormammu. A trap was the only way to make Dormammu fall back.

Superman has no way to defeat Dormammu.

Surtur
Yeah.

Speed means nothing against Magic and Reality Warping.

Once the World is under Dormammu's control he can do anything he wishes.

Thats why Strange "Bargain" Dormammu.

There was no way to defeat Dormammu. A trap was the only way to make Dormammu fall back.

Superman has no way to defeat Dormammu.

See this is the problem we kinda run into. What on screen feat did this character display to suggest it could survive, for example, this:

IrPEjnkbL8c

It takes an insane amount of energy to vaporize that much water all in an instant, fyi. And that is from like season 7 lol, the show lasted 10 seasons and his power continually crept up. So by the end he is even more powerful than you see in that clip.

Josh_Alexander
See this is the problem we kinda run into. What on screen feat did this character display to suggest it could survive, for example, this:

IrPEjnkbL8c

It takes an insane amount of energy to vaporize that much water all in an instant, fyi. And that is from like season 7 lol, the show lasted 10 seasons and his power continually crept up. So by the end he is even more powerful than you see in that clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAfwBPvsMA

Watch the video.

Tell me, do you watch a physical body? Do you watch hands, feet, anything made of flesh....maybe matter?

I watch a floating head that appears from nowhere in mid space!

What makes you think that it can be hurt? What makes you think it can even be touched?

It's evident that Dormammu isn't a physical being! He swallows worlds within his magic.

Once Superman's reality is under Dormammu's control there is nothing Superman can do.

Isn't like laser beams can even touch Dormammu for he isn't organic. Atleast he doesn't seem to be

SquallX

Robtard
Reeve's Superman has on-demand powers, so he creates an anti-Dormammu wrap and that about wraps (get it?) it up. /thread

I stopped watching Smallville after a few seasons, but from what I understand he could fart and win here.

Josh_Alexander

Robtard
Reeve's Superman is definitely faster than the speed of light.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Robtard
Reeve's Superman is definitely faster than the speed of light. Originally posted by Robtard
Reeve's Superman is definitely faster than the speed of light.

In that case it's a matter of how much can Reeve's superman run before Dormammu either Spikes him or Vaporizes him.

SquallX

Josh_Alexander

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
laughing Dc fanboys are showing up. Dormammu solos the entire dceu with any Superman who wants to show up to help.

Surtur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAfwBPvsMA

Watch the video.

Tell me, do you watch a physical body? Do you watch hands, feet, anything made of flesh....maybe matter?

I watch a floating head that appears from nowhere in mid space!

What makes you think that it can be hurt? What makes you think it can even be touched?

It's evident that Dormammu isn't a physical being! He swallows worlds within his magic.

Once Superman's reality is under Dormammu's control there is nothing Superman can do.

Isn't like laser beams can even touch Dormammu for he isn't organic. Atleast he doesn't seem to be

I have seen the movie more than once. Nothing you posted suggested it could somehow avoid destruction at the hands of such a powerful attack.

And okay...about the energy blasts, they aren't lightspeed. And do not "but science" me about a magical other dimensional being. I get what you are saying, but these blasts aren't lightspeed.

Surtur
Also Strange doesn't dodge the laser because he uses shields instead. You can clearly see he reacts after the laser has been fired to block it.

And even if you wanted to be generous and say these beams are lightspeed, Dormammu himself is not. Smallville Clark is capable of reacting far quicker. Dodging the attack is not a priority because there won't be time to use the attack, thus there will be nothing to dodge.

Adam Grimes
There won't be anything to dodge when Dormammu lies in the floor, splattered all over the place. Maybe pieces of him still floating.

Josh_Alexander
I have seen the movie more than once. Nothing you posted suggested it could somehow avoid destruction at the hands of such a powerful attack.

And okay...about the energy blasts, they aren't lightspeed. And do not "but science" me about a magical other dimensional being. I get what you are saying, but these blasts aren't lightspeed.

Watch the movie again and maybe some comics about Dormammu.

Dormammu isn't like Galactus that has a physical manifestation. Dormammu is a magical being, reason why he is a direct enemy to Dr. Strange.

Unless Superman knows magic (Which he doesn't). There is nothing he can do.

Again, it isn't an organic body. It's more of a magical manifestation.

Based on what do you claim those beams < speed of light?

Also Strange doesn't dodge the laser because he uses shields instead. You can clearly see he reacts after the laser has been fired to block it.

And even if you wanted to be generous and say these beams are lightspeed, Dormammu himself is not. Smallville Clark is capable of reacting far quicker. Dodging the attack is not a priority because there won't be time to use the attack, thus there will be nothing to dodge.

You can clearly see that Strange had already summon the shields. Also Dormammu had to open his mouth to shoot the lasers. Giving Strange a fraction of time to cover himself.

Dormammu has control over the reality where Superman is. There is nowhere Superman can hide nor can he run forever.

Superman loses due to being a disadvantage.

Josh_Alexander
There won't be anything to dodge when Dormammu lies in the floor, splattered all over the place. Maybe pieces of him still floating.

Falls to the floor? As assuming Dormammu can even be touched?

A bold accusation considering the man's face floats and appears from nowhere. Also it's evident that it's radiating light from his face which points at a non organic being.

Adam Grimes
Prove that he can't be touched.

Josh_Alexander
Prove that he can't be touched.

Logic, appearance and a bit of understanding over the movie and character.

Adam Grimes
Logic, appearance and a bit of understanding over the movie and character. How can you logically afirm that? Lol

Concession accepted friend.

Raptor22
Dormammu has no tp resistance feats. Reeves supeman kisses him and erases his memory.

Adam Grimes
The is literally no posible way Dormammu wins

Surtur
Watch the movie again and maybe some comics about Dormammu.

Dormammu isn't like Galactus that has a physical manifestation. Dormammu is a magical being, reason why he is a direct enemy to Dr. Strange.

Unless Superman knows magic (Which he doesn't). There is nothing he can do.

Again, it isn't an organic body. It's more of a magical manifestation.

Based on what do you claim those beams < speed of light?

I know the character. This version has a physical form, that is what we know. Would destroying it kill him forever? Hard to say.

He has some, and he clearly puts up another one to sustain the blast. And you just rendered the speed of the blasts moot anyways. If Strange had enough time to cover himself because Dormammu needs to open his mouth to fire...Clark from Smallville will have an eternity to act.

playa1258
SV Superman also has canon feats from SV comics.

Josh_Alexander
How can you logically afirm that? Lol

Concession accepted friend.

Go watch the movie. But open your eyes.

Josh_Alexander
The is literally no posible way Dormammu wins

laughing out loud

Next time you'll say Superman beats TOAA. Concession accepted.

Josh_Alexander
I know the character. This version has a physical form, that is what we know. Would destroying it kill him forever? Hard to say.

He has some, and he clearly puts up another one to sustain the blast. And you just rendered the speed of the blasts moot anyways. If Strange had enough time to cover himself because Dormammu needs to open his mouth to fire...Clark from Smallville will have an eternity to act.

Damnn!!!! Wow! The fact that you claim it has physical form is astonishing. Either you didn't watch the movie or you don't know what you are saying.

Physical form involves a body, atoms, matter. Matter doesn't appear from nowhere.

As i mentioned before. Superman can't run nor hide forever. Dormammu wins because of him being superior than Superman.

Adam Grimes
laughing out loud

Next time you'll say Superman beats TOAA. Concession accepted. Funny comparison friend. You're smart. thumb up

Josh_Alexander
Funny comparison friend. You're smart. thumb up

I KNOW! laughing out loud

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Robtard
Reeve's Superman has on-demand powers, so he creates an anti-Dormammu wrap and that about wraps (get it?) it up. /thread

I stopped watching Smallville after a few seasons, but from what I understand he could fart and win here.

Yep. Could reverse Earth's rotation to turn time back, rebuild the great wall of China by looking at it, the Superman III version of himself had such inner turmoil that he spontaneously created a clone to fight himself, moved the moon to eclipse the sun, etc.

Only remember stuff like racing Flash and Apokolips moving feat from Smallville; Welling has plenty of insane feats from what I've heard my wife and friends mention, they watched the show during its first run.

Cavillman can be a flying speedster whilst Reeve and Welling Supermen create some kind of Phantom Zone projector using thin air and send Dormammu there.

Surtur
Damnn!!!! Wow! The fact that you claim it has physical form is astonishing. Either you didn't watch the movie or you don't know what you are saying.

Physical form involves a body, atoms, matter. Matter doesn't appear from nowhere.

As i mentioned before. Superman can't run nor hide forever. Dormammu wins because of him being superior than Superman.

Don't get me wrong, like I said, I don't think physical destruction would be the end. But, what else do we have? We can only go by what we see, this thing needed to manifest some sort of physical form(a face, or whatever) to attack. If you are going to put the character in a fight we need to apply certain rules.

I do know about the character. It's why I know the comic version could win with a flick of his wrist. But this ain't the comics.

Josh_Alexander
Don't get me wrong, like I said, I don't think physical destruction would be the end. But, what else do we have? We can only go by what we see, this thing needed to manifest some sort of physical form(a face, or whatever) to attack. If you are going to put the character in a fight we need to apply certain rules.

I do know about the character. It's why I know the comic version could win with a flick of his wrist. But this ain't the comics.

This aint the comics i agree. But since there are no movie feats then....You cant assume that a laser will hurt him.

I support Dormammu because he has the advantage, not because i know Dormammu will win.

Josh_Alexander
Dr. Strange required the an Infinity Stone to defeat Dormammu.

Atleast that means that these superman have to possess Universal Power to bargain Dormammu.

This superman are powerful but they haven't reached Universal Power to be honest.

quanchi112
There won't be anything to dodge when Dormammu lies in the floor, splattered all over the place. Maybe pieces of him still floating. Based on what ?

Stigma
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Yep. Could reverse Earth's rotation to turn time back, rebuild the great wall of China by looking at it, the Superman III version of himself had such inner turmoil that he spontaneously created a clone to fight himself, moved the moon to eclipse the sun, etc.

Only remember stuff like racing Flash and Apokolips moving feat from Smallville; Welling has plenty of insane feats from what I've heard my wife and friends mention, they watched the show during its first run.

Cavillman can be a flying speedster whilst Reeve and Welling Supermen create some kind of Phantom Zone projector using thin air and send Dormammu there. Good points thumb up

quanchi112
Imagination tactics to circumvent the rules to make it appear that the Supermen have a chance when they clearly don't. Dormammu wins.

Surtur
This aint the comics i agree. But since there are no movie feats then....You cant assume that a laser will hurt him.

I support Dormammu because he has the advantage, not because i know Dormammu will win.

Okay it's not just any "laser" though. An insane amount of energy would need to be released in order to vaporize all that water in the blink of an eye.

Dormammu took on some sort of physical form to interact with Strange. This form has no durability feats.

IrPEjnkbL8c

Fun fact: this showing of power hilariously dwarfs anything we saw Dormammu do to Strange.

Josh_Alexander
Okay it's not just any "laser" though. An insane amount of energy would need to be released in order to vaporize all that water in the blink of an eye.

Dormammu took on some sort of physical form to interact with Strange. This form has no durability feats.

IrPEjnkbL8c

Fun fact: this showing of power hilariously dwarfs anything we saw Dormammu do to Strange.

A laser is energy!...

The fact that it has no durability feat doesn't mean it isn't durable.

Again, Dormammu is a magical being which swallows and controls entire realities within his magic.

As you said that was a manifestation of Dormammu, not necessarily Dormammu himself.

Even if Clark damages the projection, Dormammu could reappear again and again.

Clark doesn't have chance against magic.

Stigma

IrPEjnkbL8c

Good points thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.