*Spoilers* Thoughts on Rey's parents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
What did you think about Rey's parents reveal? I didn't mind it, but in the context of the other Star Wars movies I find it unrealistic that a random force sensitive has power that rivals the grandson of the chosen one and most powerful force user in history.

The Merchant
Possibly a red herrring, however we've seen this before where people with no Godly backgrounds have huge potential such as Revan and Exar Kun. They just have tremendous potential. Kylos blood probably diluted as well.

DarthAnt66
The film answers why Rey is so powerful. Snoke says as Kylo Ren becomes more powerful, so will an equivalent grow strength in the light.

They're effectively the new caretakers of the Chosen One prophecy. I don't know why a lot of people missed this and still are complaining over it.

In regards to her parents, I called it and it was 100% right. It makes perfect sense that Rey is a nobody. I would have been annoyed otherwise.

Zenwolf
Was.....eh? Though frankly I was expecting something better than some junk dealers at least a little bit.

Rebel95
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The film answers why Rey is so powerful. Snoke says as Kylo Ren becomes more powerful, so will an equivalent grow strength in the light.

They're effectively the new caretakers of the Chosen One prophecy.
You mean when he says that darkness rises and light to meet it? Makes sense I guess

Lord Stark

They're effectively the new caretakers of the Chosen One prophecy. I don't know why a lot of people missed this and still are complaining over it.

In regards to her parents, I called it and it was 100% right. It makes perfect sense that Rey is a nobody. I would have been annoyed otherwise.

Honestly, I thought this was one of the stronger points in the film. It really reflects an awakening in the force for it to manifest so strongly in this new generation.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Rebel95
You mean when he says that darkness rises and light to meet it? Makes sense I guess
No. Another line. He says something like:

"I warned you, as you grow stronger in the dark-side, so too will the light grow in another."

That'a a terrible paraphase, but it was something like that.

If anyone else remembers it better, please share.

Rebel95
No. Another line. He says something like:

"I warned you, as you grow stronger in the dark-side, so too will the light grow in another."

That'a a terrible paraphase, but it was something like that.

If anyone else remembers it better, please share.
Ohh yeah I forget the exact line but I know what you're talking about

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.