after Last Jedi, why watch episode 9 *spoilers allowed*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
after Last Jedi, why watch episode 9 *spoilers allowed*

they killed snoke so any mystery lingering for that is over

luke's gone.

after watching TFA and Last Jedi

what would be some good storylines for episode 9 to pick up on?

just all out war between first order and rebellion?

kylo vs rey?

the end of TFA its clear Luke and Rey there is training as well as snoke and kylo

i'm unclear where Last Jedi storyline ends that episode 9 is supposed to continue

Zenwolf
I really guess the only thing left is Kylo vs Rey, so Ep 9 is probably gonna be that and the FO going down. Or they all consolidate together and Kylo turns back to the light.

Trocity
Not gonna lie redpill, you actually made a quality thread.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I really guess the only thing left is Kylo vs Rey, so Ep 9 is probably gonna be that and the FO going down. Or they all consolidate together and Kylo turns back to the light.

Nah, it won't be completely light, they will become Grey.

DarthAnt66
Rey and a new generation of Jedi vs Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren, perhaps.

redpill
Originally posted by Trocity
Not gonna lie redpill, you actually made a quality thread.

thanks i guess laughing

Kurk
I'll watch it so I can ***** and moan about it with you guys.

Lord Stark
I kind of hope to see Coruscant again as well as the foundation of a New New Republic, although with only Chewie to witness it it'll feel kind of like a hollow victory...maybe they can bring Lando back?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Kurk
I'll watch it so I can ***** and moan about it with you guys.

This.

Darth Truculent
Maybe it would like something from the series LoTF where Jaina (Rey) had to fight her brother Jacen/Caedus (Kylo and possible cousin). But who the hell knows. Disney never listens to the fans.

The Ellimist
I'm interested in Luke, Snoke and the greater galactic picture, but it doesn't seem like Disney is. I'm still going to watch it ofc.

Total Warrior
To see if Rey is gonna start a Jedi Order or not and yeah Kylo vs Rey

Psychotron
There really is no reason at this point. I have no desire to see Rey humiliate Kylo for the third time in a row. After the Solo movie crashes and burns I think people will be legit tired of Soy Wars.

Dark-Kenshin
Restructure the movie, get rid of the needless plot lines, get rid of the third act and end it after the praeterorian guard fight with Kylo still making the leave the past behind speech, but also going as far as to call off the attack on the Rebel transport ships and then asking Rey to join him. Rey shockingly accepts his offer and the movie ends by setting up a sequel of the likes of which we've never seen in a Star Wars movie with limitless possibilities.

The way they did it in the movie, what is there to look forward to in episode IX? Kylo immediately lost all of his glorious character development he got in this movie after Rey rejected his offer and reverted to the petulant man-child phase, so he's no longer a villain to be taken seriously and Rey has already kicked his ass before. General Hux is a joke. Captain Phamsa is a joke. Han is dead. Luke is dead. Leia is dead. Snoke is not only dead, but also a joke and a poor man's Palpatine, so bringing him back would be silly.

redpill
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Restructure the movie, get rid of the needless plot lines, get rid of the third act and end it after the praeterorian guard fight with Kylo still making the leave the past behind speech, but also going as far as to call off the attack on the Rebel transport ships and then asking Rey to join him. Rey shockingly accepts his offer and the movie ends by setting up a sequel of the likes of which we've never seen in a Star Wars movie with limitless possibilities.

The way they did it in the movie, what is there to look forward to in episode IX? Kylo immediately lost all of his glorious character development he got in this movie after Rey rejected his offer and reverted to the petulant man-child phase, so he's no longer a villain to be taken seriously and Rey has already kicked his ass before. General Hux is a joke. Captain Phamsa is a joke. Han is dead. Luke is dead. Leia is dead. Snoke is not only dead, but also a joke and a poor man's Palpatine, so bringing him back would be silly.

i think these are some solid ideas but

1- Snoke would be dead in your revision
2- if you take out the needless plot points, what would you insert to make the movie 150 minutes long?

does snoke die and if not how would you change that in what we saw to your revision?

i think ending TLJ on a cliff hanger

does Rey accept Kylo's offer or not?

so we don't see whether Rey accepts Kylo's offer as a lead in to episode 9

would be a good cliff hanger - just as rey offering luke a lightsaber was the cliff hanger lead in from TFA

why would Hux listen to Kylo call off the attack? in TLJ Hux saw Snoke dead and Kylo force choked him.

what would episode 9 then be about in your vision?

romance between Kylo and Rey?

carrie fisher is dead but i missed the part of leia being dead.

|King Joker|

Nephthys
These movies are good and I like good movies.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rey and a new generation of Jedi vs Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren, perhaps.

Speaking of the Knight of Ren, they should've came in to help Kylo fight the red guards.

It would've been a badass group fight since all of them have different weapons.

FreshestSlice
Well, Joker, the big difference is a lot of characters who could have helped are dead now, and the First Order is only on the assent. The plot's actually gone backwards.

The Ellimist
Granted when it comes to Force users, if Snoke doesn't come back it's ghost Luke + ghost Yoda + Rey (+ ghost Obi Wan?) vs. Kylo Ren and a bunch of "Knights of Ren", so the light siders do have the edge there.

nfactor1995
The only think I care about anymore would be Kylo Ren and maybe the Knights of Ren, if they're actually still a thing (can't believe they weren't touched on at all in TLJ)

Lord Lucien
I want to see if the filmmakers have the balls to end the trilogy on a sad and unexpected note. If Rey turned to the Dark Side finally and joined the First Order.

That's all I'm really interested in. To see if that happens. If she just winds up being another "new" Jedi and kills Kylo... blah. Not interesting.

IX is going to be disappointing. I... I feel it. The wads have all been blown.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.