Supreme Leader Snoke vs Darth Maul (TPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Gerald
One of Supreme Leader Snoke's only feats, before behind killed by an unwielded lightsaber sitting idly next to him, is to electrocute Kylo Ren briefly. Darth Maul is shown to have resisted Force lightning without trouble. Is there any suggest Snoke wouldn't be killed within seconds by Darth Maul?

ares834
No. Maul wins this one.

quanchi112
Snoke destroys Maul and force rapes him at will.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by quanchi112
Snoke destroys Maul and force rapes him at will.

Leave it to KMC to both be incorrect about Star Wars trivia and make casual humor about sexual assault confused

Emperordmb
OH THE HORROR!!! We need to respect wamen!

Greysentinel365
Maul.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Big Gerald
Leave it to KMC to both be incorrect about Star Wars trivia and make casual humor about sexual assault confused Call the moral police you snowflake. Snoke wins as he's simply too powerful for Maul to even get close to him. It's also obvious Snoke is quite skilled with a saber but just as we didn't see the extent of Palpatine's skill with a saber from the Ot until Rots.

Emperordmb
Call the moral police you snowflake.
thumb up

Big Gerald
Call the moral police you snowflake. Snoke wins as he's simply too powerful for Maul to even get close to him. It's also obvious Snoke is quite skilled with a saber but just as we didn't see the extent of Palpatine's skill with a saber from the Ot until Rots.

roll eyes (sarcastic) My dear friend, unsubstantiated claims do not fare well here. Please provide evidence or move on to the next thread in this message board. Thank you.

Darth Maul also has better choreography and better tattoos.

quanchi112
roll eyes (sarcastic) My dear friend, unsubstantiated claims do not fare well here. Please provide evidence or move on to the next thread in this message board. Thank you.

Darth Maul also has better choreography and better tattoos. Luke's own words about the type of raw strength only seen twice with it being Rey and Kylo shows how impressive their powers are. Luke saw Palpatine's, Kenobi's, and Vader's first hand.

Snoke doesn't need to fight him he simply needs to use his powers to win. He force rapes or bolts his ass. He can disarm him at will as well.

Big Gerald
Luke's own words about the type of raw strength only seen twice with it being Rey and Kylo shows how impressive their powers are. Luke saw Palpatine's, Kenobi's, and Vader's first hand.

Snoke doesn't need to fight him he simply needs to use his powers to win. He force rapes or bolts his ass. He can disarm him at will as well.

I didn't realize raw strength was the same as realized strength. Whatever you say, my friend roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
I didn't realize raw strength was the same as realized strength. Whatever you say, my friend roll eyes (sarcastic) We see how they stacked up against Luke. Was Luke beyond Ben or Rey ? How did it go for Luke ?

Big Gerald
We see how they stacked up against Luke. Was Luke beyond Ben or Rey ? How did it go for Luke ?

I don't see why the film was evidence against Luke being above either of those characters.

LordOfTheLight
Too....much....trolling.

Kurk
Snoke ragdolls him. Dathomirian witch /= Snoke

Can't say anything for sabers obviously.

Lord Stark
Leave it to KMC to both be incorrect about Star Wars trivia and make casual humor about sexual assault confused

Well yes, these boards are pretty much a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

The Merchant
Legends tpm or canon? How much has canon went into tpm era Maul? He scales from Savage so I suppose it'd be close.

Trocity
Snoke probably should win honestly, but feat-wise Maul absolutely shits on him so...

|King Joker|
Nobody knows Snoke's upper limit so this fight is impossible to call.

Lord Stark
https://i.redd.it/zcq8z2qp38401.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2866904/darth-mauls-death-o.gif

Match made in heaven.

Unbowed
If Maul was unable to resist Sidious' TK on two occasions, I don't see how he can resist Snoke's.

UCanShootMyNova
By being far more powerful then him?

Darth Thor

Lord Stark
Looks like the cut was a bit higher on Snoke. It also diced his hands off if you look closely.

ares834
Also Maul surviving being bisected was dumb as hell. Hopefully they never do something like that again.

relentless1
Maul stomps

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
Also Maul surviving being bisected was dumb as hell. Hopefully they never do something like that again. thumb up thumb up

Kurk
Originally posted by ares834
Also Maul surviving being bisected was dumb as hell. Hopefully they never do something like that again. I mean, if it cauterizes everything I don't see why not.

Darth Thor

McP
It's really hard to judge Snoke's real power. A movie strongly suggests that both, Rey and Ren would be unable to beat Snoke. On the other hand, episode VIII starts not so long after VII. And Snoke considers Kylo as unstable child, which was defeated by a girl, who was holding lightsaber for a first time. And... that's actually true.
Episode VIII Ren is nearly the same Ren as we seen in EVII. Rey's training was rather short and pathetic. She was a capable fighter, but nowhere near to a Jedi masters.
Luke was also far from his prime. Snoke noted that Kylo is far(?) below Vader as well.

Snoke might be superior to Sidious, as well, as he could be inferior to Vader, Dooku or, honestly, even Maul. After TCW it should be clear, that you can overhelm superior enemy, if you will catch him off-guard. I'm one of those persons, who takes that deleted scene from Maul vs Sidious fight as a canon.

samappo
The only "raw" strength Luke would have seen other than his own Nephew's was his own, but he ain't gonna be like yeah, only seen it once before, in myself ... xD

An_Sock
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Nobody knows Snoke's upper limit so this fight is impossible to call.

That's why we should examine their extra-curricular showings. Here we have a feat that Maul is powerful enough to do while Snoke isn't....

quanchi112
Snoke wins with ridiculous ease. He has no true rival in terms of force power and can disarm Maul and force rape at will. Luke wasn't able to force rape Ben or Rey. In terms of how they stack up Snoke stands alone the force mountaintop.

Emperordmb
OH NO QUAN!!!! YOU MADE A RAPE JOKE!!!! YOU MONSTER!!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Emperordmb
OH NO QUAN!!!! YOU MADE A RAPE JOKE!!!! YOU MONSTER!!!! Which silly user name said something like that to me here ? What a tool.

The Merchant
Maul survived getting bisected and falling kilometers down a pit. That feat is confirmed requiring supreme power in the Dark side and mastery. Snoke just died. Maul>Snoke.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Snoke murders him.

UCanShootMyNova
Nah.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Merchant
Maul survived getting bisected and falling kilometers down a pit. That feat is confirmed requiring supreme power in the Dark side and mastery. Snoke just died. Maul>Snoke. That is like saying General Hux is more competent at commanding the First Order than Kylo therefore he beats him in a fight.

Are you ten years old ?

Vader was killed by force lightning therefore he's weaker than someone who doesn't die after a few seconds of fl. That's irrelevant. Yoda died to old age therefore he's the worst. For ****s sake your logic is retarded and irrelevant.

relentless1
context eludes you once again Quan... what did you think would happen when a guy who's mostly robot gets hit by electricity??

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
context eludes you once again Quan... what did you think would happen when a guy who's mostly robot gets hit by electricity?? I am saying that because his body is in a suit. That's what his retarded logic ignores. Snoke's body is older and ridden with osteoporosis and has no bearing on a force battle between Snoke and Maul. The same reason fl being more effective against Vader due to his suit has no bearing on an actual fight since he has the means to ward it off with his saber. You misunderstood my point and the reason I used that logic as it doesn't pertain to a fight between characters.

Darth Thor

MythLord
There was once a random Sith Lord who survived his head getting chopped off... He was literally just a head. Sion can survive damn-near anything if a nexus is strong enough. Guess they're the most powerful Sith Lords of all?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by MythLord
There was once a random Sith Lord who survived his head getting chopped off... He was literally just a head. Sion can survive damn-near anything if a nexus is strong enough. Guess they're the most powerful Sith Lords of all?

Not Canon.

MythLord
Doesn't matter. It's the exact same thing, just a different continuity: two beings using the Dark Side of the Force to survive things nobody else would survive.

Azronger
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Snoke murders him.

Reasons, my friend? smile

quanchi112

quanchi112
Originally posted by Azronger
Reasons, my friend? smile Superior force power you cowardly cuck.

Beniboybling
Doesn't matter. It's the exact same thing, just a different continuity: two beings using the Dark Side of the Force to survive things nobody else would survive. Myth is right, Snoke is even weaker than a severed head. sad

Darth Thor
He had a younger body. Was he cut in two when he died to Kenobi. **** no. Yoda dies of old age therefore he's the worst according to this absurd logic. Snoke destroys Maul with his force powers. This logic is legit retarded.

No one died of old age here. Snoke died being cut in 2. That didnt kill Maul.

Darth Thor
Doesn't matter. It's the exact same thing, just a different continuity: two beings using the Dark Side of the Force to survive things nobody else would survive.

I would get into this argument if it was actually Canon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
No one died of old age here. Snoke died being cut in 2. That didnt kill Maul. Palpatine died by being thrown down a shaft. Maul was cut in half and fell down a long drop off. Does that mean Maul beats Palpatine ? For **** sake this is some of the worst logic I've ever witnessed used as a legit defense.

Snoke destroys him with the force. Yoda needs a cane to walk Kenobi doesn't. Does that mean Kenobi beats him when their powers are involved. No.

JKBart
Snoke roflstomps Maul and then dies from fatigue imo

Darth Thor
Palpatine died by being thrown down a shaft. Maul was cut in half and fell down a long drop off. Does that mean Maul beats Palpatine ? For **** sake this is some of the worst logic I've ever witnessed used as a legit defense.

Snoke destroys him with the force. Yoda needs a cane to walk Kenobi doesn't. Does that mean Kenobi beats him when their powers are involved. No.

Palpatine disintegrated in the Death Star core and used all his Force power to try to stop Vader. STop bringing up completely irrelevant examples.

ares834

thumb up

quanchi112
Palpatine disintegrated in the Death Star core and used all his Force power to try to stop Vader. STop bringing up completely irrelevant examples. He died from the fall. So you're saying he burned out his force power in those seconds he was trying to hurt Vader. This is getting more pitiful and nonsensical by the post. Yoda physically needs a cane to walk does that mean with force powers Maul beats him. You're acting like you don't even understand the basic premise of the logic you're using here.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Snoke wins with movie feats only. With the TV Show it's much closer.

Darth Thor
He died from the fall.

No he didn't. Stop bullshitting all the time.

quanchi112
No he didn't. Stop bullshitting all the time. We see the fall killed him unlike Maul. Regardless you're missing the point. Maul's body is far healthier and spry than Palpatine's when he's older in Rotj. That isn't relevant at all in a duel between them. It's like saying this guy can lift more weight but in a fight he gets destroyed by the guy with the weaker chest. The strength of his chest doesn't determine who is the better fighter.

MythLord
I would get into this argument if it was actually Canon.

The same rules apply, Canon or no. Either give me an actual rebuttle, or shut up.

Darth Thor

MythLord
How are they very different? The principles are exactly the same: two beings survived something nobody else could through use of the Dark Side.

Unless you want to tell me the Force works differently in both universes, which is more retarded than the sh!t you've been spewing so far, it's the exact same rules. They're not two very different universes, at all. laughing out loud

Seriously, you either need to prove to me the Force works differently in both verses or shut the actual hell up.

The Ellimist
Maul's damage soak as enhanced by the dark side may be better than Snoke's, or maybe not because it might have to do with his biology too.

Darth Thor

DarthAnt66
Maul's damage soak is better than anyone in Canon, though.

quanchi112
Snoke is on another level than Maul. Maul's greater damage soak helped him out in what way against Palpatine ? This is just a horribly retarded comparison which has no bearing on a fight. Ironically something far less than being cut in two killed Maul when he was older.

Darth Thor
Maul's greater damage soak helped him out in what way against Palpatine ? This is just a horribly retarded comparison which has no bearing on a fight. Ironically something far less than being cut in two killed Maul when he was older.

Physical and Force Enganced Damage soak helps take hits from TK attacks.

And Snoke is no Palpatine.

Snoke is on another level than Maul.

Based on?

The Ellimist

Based on?

His telepathy feats, for one.

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Physical and Force Enganced Damage soak helps take hits from TK attacks.

And Snoke is no Palpatine.

Based on? No amount of tk can protect someone from a saber cleaving them in two.

Snoke is greater than Palpatine who was killed by a one armed cyborg because he wasn't powerful to even put down a guy in a suit with no weapon and a vulnerability to fl.

His feats, the force bridge connection, the domination of someone whose raw strength scared Luke.

Maul when he was older was killed by far less than being cut in half. Old age clearly weakens the body you halfwit.

quanchi112

The Ellimist

DarthAnt66
The VD suggests Snoke is dogshit at 1v1s IMO

Geistalt
Originally posted by McP
Snoke might be superior to Sidious, as well, as he could be inferior to Vader, Dooku or, honestly, even Maul.
I'm one of those persons, who takes that deleted scene from Maul vs Sidious fight as a canon. kys

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The VD suggests Snoke is dogshit at 1v1s IMO

The VD certainly seems to suggest that Snoke is a dogshit combatant due to his frail physicality, but he seemed perfectly capable of dispatching anyone he went up against with his Force abilities nonetheless.

quanchi112
The VD certainly seems to suggest that Snoke is a dogshit combatant due to his frail physicality, but he seemed perfectly capable of dispatching anyone he went up against with his Force abilities nonetheless. His body is riddled with osteoporosis so of course his body is weak. When he uses his force powers he shows Kylo his place and utterly toys with Rey. Yoda without his force powers needs a cane to walk but that doesn't mean with his force powers he can't flip around. This is another case of Palpatine in Rotj. We didn't see him with a lightsaber but come on these dark lords definitely know how to use them.

Darth Thor
The VD certainly seems to suggest that Snoke is a dogshit combatant due to his frail physicality, but he seemed perfectly capable of dispatching anyone he went up against with his Force abilities nonetheless.

Anyone... Meaning Padawan Rey? Or Hux?

quanchi112
Anyone... Meaning Padawan Rey? Or Hux? Rey's force power rose to meet Ben's. Luke says her raw power scares him. She isn't a padawan in any sense of the word. Kylo with training from Luke and Snoke isn't able to overpower Rey in force power. Snoke easily dominated her force power to force power. Be objective your bias gives you away.

Darth Thor
She isn't a padawan in any sense of the word.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud Her feats against Kylo wouldn't be possible by a random padawan. Luke marveled at her raw Starr goth so when you use the word padawan it's disingenuous. She's the light to Kylo's darkness. She matched his force power without force training.

DarthAnt66
I can't see a Visual Dictionary stating, "Palpatine's Force abilities are strong, but his body is broken, his stride staggered, and his muscles weak. He instead relies on the combat prowess of his crimson protectors," though.

Darth Thor
Her feats against Kylo wouldn't be possible by a random padawan.

Except she is a Jedi in training. Get over it.

quanchi112
Except she is a Jedi in training. Get over it. Her power is Kylo's equal in the force. She's a friggin' prodigy. Get over it.

DarthAnt66
Here's sort of what I'm thinking: Place Maul at the entrance of the throne room, with Snoke in his throne on the far side. As powerful as Snoke is (and indeed he's likely more powerful than Maul), I struggle seeing Snoke being capable of preventing a charging, lightsaber-ready Darth Maul in his tracks before he is cut into fifteen pieces. I doubt Snoke's telekinesis or telepathy (based on what we've seen) is going to stop Maul. His best bet is Force lightning, but between pain tolerance, a lightsaber, and ambiguity over how strong Snoke's lightning even is, I can see Maul powering through.

The Ellimist
I think people associate Kylo Ren's emotional immaturity with combative weakness, or forget that he had been shot by a bowcaster before his lolworthy performance against Finn.

Kylo Ren by potential + training should be far too powerful for Maul to ragdoll, yet it seems like Snoke can do that (I mean, he ragdolls Rey).

But whether he can defeat Maul in an all-out fight, I'm not sure.

DarthAnt66
I addressed the ragdolling in the other thread in the EU section, where we can continue discussion there.

Darth Thor

samappo
@Darth Thor Very true.

quanchi112

quanchi112
Not raging but raping. Edit button won't work.

AncientPower
There's a pretty sweet idea proposed that Rey and Kylo's power grow in concert with one another to maintain balance in the Force.

The Ellimist
It's also antithetical to the original concept of balancing the Force, which held the dark side as an active imbalance, and the "light side" as just the Force.

AncientPower
There's a thousand concepts of that though. erm

The Ellimist
I was referring to Lucas's.

AncientPower
Which was completely crapped on by the Mortis arc.

The Ellimist
Sort of, except Anakin refused to take the Father's place but still restored balance in the end. Somehow.

AncientPower
Becauase all of the Ones died and he was left with the Sith.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Ellimist
It's also antithetical to the original concept of balancing the Force, which held the dark side as an active imbalance, and the "light side" as just the Force. Things change. Star Wars is evolving. The Lucas era is over and post Lucas I have received the greatest Star Wars character to me and my third favorite at this point. Not too shabby, Disney.

The Merchant
Maybe Snoke can get blitzd and needs the Guards to stall an attacker before he intervenes

samappo
I thought the rebalance of the force was the death of the emperor. Sidious and Plagueis used the force to shift the balance of power in favor of the dark side. Only the death of Sidious could allow the force to be shifted back into balance.

Although, this isn't canon anymore, so.

The Merchant
That's still the case. Killing Palpatine balances the Force.

samappo
Yeah but it hasn't been officially established that Sidious and Plagueis shifted the balance of the force.

DarthAnt66
The Jedi pushed the galaxy too far to the light.

The Emperor pushed the galaxy too far to the dark.

Anakin destroyed both.

Balance.

The Ellimist
That's not how Lucas saw it and frankly I prefer Lucas's version, I've never understood the need for the dark side or why we should see it as moral to facilitate suffering just cause of some nebulous balance whose mechanism is never explained.

I suppose you can say that dark side emotions can be necessary at times but the films convey the opposite message of a clear good vs. evil.

DarthAnt66
What do you mean that's not how Lucas saw it? He's on record stating Anakin brought balance to the Force by destroying the Sith. He's also on record stating you can't have too much light or too much dark, which is further reflected by the Father stating too much of either would **** over the galaxy. Anakin brought balance to the Force by destroying the Jedi (who were too far to the light-side) and the Sith (who were too far to the dark-side). It's simple.

The Ellimist
Where does Lucas state Anakin also brought balance by destroying the Jedi? (Which he didn't by the way...)

It's often repeated that you can't have too much "light" (originally it was just called the Force) but never explained *why*.

Also the "dark sider rises to match light sider" nonsense (well, the reverse but this is implied and is worse) makes everything a zero sum game, doesn't it?

Zero sum games kind of sum up my main issues with TLJ (which has some amazing, awe inspiring moments too) - Rebels and Empire again, Force not in balance again, what changed?

Rockydonovang
Snoke. He holistically outclasses Maul and IIRC(ares should have the quote) post rotj disney canon had him being too powerful for sidious to identify.

For the feat only dudes. Physically bridging people two people from across the galaxy absolutely shits on anything Maul has done.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Jedi pushed the galaxy too far to the light.

The Emperor pushed the galaxy too far to the dark.

Anakin destroyed both.

Balance.
Anakin didn't destroy both. The jedi would have been doomed irrelevant of Anakin's intervention. On the other hand, if it wasn't for Anakin's children, Sids would have continued to rule.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Unbowed
Suddenly we have so many Darth Maul fans on this board. Funny how that works...

An_Sock
Maul one shots.

quanchi112

quanchi112

Rockydonovang
Which isn't remotely comparable to physically bridging two people from across the galaxy.

Unsupported assumption is unsupported.

Darth Thor

quanchi112

Darth Thor
We see him do it twice in one film. He waves his guards off. You really don't understand Star Wars. You're a fanboy for the Ot.

Are you not embarrassed how you bandwagoned onto the ST villains before even seeing them in action? Especially given how they are all sub-PT/OT era real Sith Lords.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Where does Lucas state Anakin also brought balance by destroying the Jedi? (Which he didn't by the way...)

It's often repeated that you can't have too much "light" (originally it was just called the Force) but never explained *why*.

Also the "dark sider rises to match light sider" nonsense (well, the reverse but this is implied and is worse) makes everything a zero sum game, doesn't it?

Zero sum games kind of sum up my main issues with TLJ (which has some amazing, awe inspiring moments too) - Rebels and Empire again, Force not in balance again, what changed?
Lucas has stated you can't have too much light-side (or dark side).

And then he put that into writing with the Father stating that again on Mortis:

"Too much light or dark would be the undoing of life as you understand it."

It honestly appears Lucas re-purposed the Force in the mid to late 00s.

Rockydonovang
@Thor Maul never physically interacted with Ezra, Snoke was able to make Rey and Rey physically interact. Thus, what Snoke did was vastly more impressive.

quanchi112
Are you not embarrassed how you bandwagoned onto the ST villains before even seeing them in action? Especially given how they are all sub-PT/OT era real Sith Lords. Everything I've stated is proven true. Snoke is by far my favorite character. Best voice, best robe, best dialogue, etc. He steals every scene he's involved in.

They aren't Sith Lords. Snoke is greater than Sidious and would decimate the Sith Lords. Kylo Ren as I said is more evil than Vader and has already eclipsed him in station.

First Order would destroy the empire. They intimidate the rest of the galaxy not that political type reign Sidious employed in the shadows. **** Sidious and **** you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.