Scarlet Witch vs. Kylo Ren

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: New York City, Times Square

Starting distance: 100 yards

Who wins?

Stigma
bump

Darkstorm Zero
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7a4aa4fb8bb3e22620b784d381f16183/tumblr_n1odnpoffj1rxb8ifo1_400.gif

Stigma
Well, Kylo is one of my favourite characters in fiction. I like to see how he fares against other fighters.

steverules_2
Wanda throws multiple cars at him and wins

/thread

Surtur
I would also agree Wanda wins.

BruceSkywalker
Can I buck the trend and say Kylo big grin big grin

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Can I buck the trend and say Kylo big grin big grin

*waves hand* This is not the Kylo you're looking for.

The Ellimist
Precognition and Force-enhanced reflexes are a huge advantage for Kylo here.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Stigma
Well, Kylo is one of my favourite characters in fiction. I like to see how he fares against other fighters.

You have my pity.

FrothByte
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Precognition and Force-enhanced reflexes are a huge advantage for Kylo here.

Won't help much at 100 yards. Wanda will just pick him up and smash him against something. Or maybe tear him apart like she did the Ultronbots.

Had they been starting within a few feet of each other then his reflexes might allow him to cut her up before she could react.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FrothByte
Won't help much at 100 yards. Wanda will just pick him up and smash him against something. Or maybe tear him apart like she did the Ultronbots.

Had they been starting within a few feet of each other then his reflexes might allow him to cut her up before she could react.

I was thinking of a telekinetic neck snap.

Silent Master

I agere, SW wins via neck snap.

FrothByte

Well yeah, that works too. SW can just snap Kylo's neck. I didn't use that scenario because she hasn't had any feats of doing so, though given her abilities I don't see why she couldn't pull it off.

The Ellimist
Well yeah, that works too. SW can just snap Kylo's neck. I didn't use that scenario because she hasn't had any feats of doing so, though given her abilities I don't see why she couldn't pull it off.

I meant that Kylo could do it to SW, given that he clearly has the ability and the quicker reflexes (both literally and apparently via precog).

FrothByte
I meant that Kylo could do it to SW.

Does Kylo have any feats of snapping an opponent's neck? Specifically, an opponent who was actively trying to fight him?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
*waves hand* This is not the Kylo you're looking for.

thumb up

The Ellimist
Does Kylo have any feats of snapping an opponent's neck? Specifically, an opponent who was actively trying to fight him?

The force and precision needed to snap someone's neck is trivial compared to what we see Kylo and other characters not astronomically from him in ability do (freezing blaster bolts, freezing Force sensitive individuals, tearing metal supports, etc.). But if we want to be more sure, we can just say he freezes SW as he did Rey and then Force pulls + stabs.

FrothByte
The force and precision needed to snap someone's neck is trivial compared to what we see Kylo and other characters not astronomically from him in ability do (freezing blaster bolts, freezing Force sensitive individuals, tearing metal supports, etc.). But if we want to be more sure, we can just say he freezes SW as he did Rey and then Force pulls + stabs.

And yet Kylo (or any other force user) never uses the force to simply snap the neck of an enemy. Makes you think there's a reason to it no?

In the end, Kylo has no feats of snapping enemy necks whereas SW has feats of tearing opponents apart or throwing them around. I'm thinking it's more likely that SW can replicate feats she's already done as compared to Kylo doing a theoretical feat that's never been seen.

Utrigita
And yet Kylo (or any other force user) never uses the force to simply snap the neck of an enemy. Makes you think there's a reason to it no?

While it's unrelated I just wanted to throw in that Vader have done it in his comic series.

Stigma
I agree that Kylo is likely faster due to Force enhancement, but Wanda has superior TK.

SquallX

Stigma
EDIT

Surtur
Given the precision with TK shown by Kylo(freezing that bolt) I'd think he could easily TK neck snap. Vader can too. The dude slowly choked people because he enjoyed making them suffer. Vader can easily crush metal with his mind, he could crush a windpipe instantly if he wanted or snap a neck. We can extrapolate a characters abilities based on other feats, you don't need to dip into comics for this particular thing.

Extrapolating based on other feats is not the same as just taking a character statement as fact, etc.

FrothByte
Given the precision with TK shown by Kylo(freezing that bolt) I'd think he could easily TK neck snap. Vader can too. The dude slowly choked people because he enjoyed making them suffer. Vader can easily crush metal with his mind, he could crush a windpipe instantly if he wanted or snap a neck. We can extrapolate a characters abilities based on other feats, you don't need to dip into comics for this particular thing.

Extrapolating based on other feats is not the same as just taking a character statement as fact, etc.

Except Kylo never does it, not even when it would have made his fight against Snoke's guards much easier. It's a slippery slope to start debating based on what we believe is the max potential of a character's power instead of basing on what can be backed up by feats.

Because if we go by theoretical potential, we can just as easily say that SW can crush Kylo's heart with a thought or can create a shield tight around herself to avoid a neck snap.

Surtur
Except Kylo never does it, not even when it would have made his fight against Snoke's guards much easier. It's a slippery slope to start debating based on what we believe is the max potential of a character's power instead of basing on what can be backed up by feats.

Because if we go by theoretical potential, we can just as easily say that SW can crush Kylo's heart with a thought or can create a shield tight around herself to avoid a neck snap.

But if SW has shown precision tk and the power to squash a heart then she can lol. She doesn't need to have specifically squashed a heart. I'm not even talking about granting them more power. I am going off of actual feats. Darth Vader is an example. He could instantly kill you with the force. We know he is precise enough to just target certain body parts, like your windpipe. We know he can easily crush metal with his mind. We know unless you have enhanced durability your windpipe is not more durable than metal. You have not granted Vader any increase in power by saying he can do it.

Yet going by your logic, even Vader cannot squash a windpipe instantly.

Kylo has the precision, and it doesn't take a massive amount of force to crush a windpipe. It doesn't mean he wins, I'm just saying extrapolation should be fine.

FrothByte
But if SW has shown precision tk and the power to squash a heart then she can lol. She doesn't need to have specifically squashed a heart. I'm not even talking about granting them more power. I am going off of actual feats. Darth Vader is an example. He could instantly kill you with the force. We know he is precise enough to just target certain body parts, like your windpipe. We know he can easily crush metal with his mind. We know unless you have enhanced durability your windpipe is not more durable than metal. You have not granted Vader any increase in power by saying he can do it.

Yet going by your logic, even Vader cannot squash a windpipe instantly.

Kylo has the precision, and it doesn't take a massive amount of force to crush a windpipe. It doesn't mean he wins, I'm just saying extrapolation should be fine.

SW caught and held BP hands when he was attacking Bucky, and BP has enhanced strength and speed. That's enough precision to grab and crush the heart with one thought. She also caught Black Widow's kick and threw her away. Then there's the time she caught the blast of the bomb between the moment it detonated and before it incinerated Cap.... that's a pretty good combination of both reaction speed and power. In fact, that's probably a faster reaction feat than stopping blaster fire from a distance.

And on top of all of that, SW has shown the capability to create TK shields to protect herself, Kylo has not.

Surtur
SW caught and held BP hands when he was attacking Bucky, and BP has enhanced strength and speed. That's enough precision to grab and crush the heart with one thought. She also caught Black Widow's kick and threw her away. Then there's the time she caught the blast of the bomb between the moment it detonated and before it incinerated Cap.... that's a pretty good combination of both reaction speed and power. In fact, that's probably a faster reaction feat than stopping blaster fire from a distance.

And on top of all of that, SW has shown the capability to create TK shields to protect herself, Kylo has not.

I'm not disagreeing with you about SW, I am saying I think it is within Kylos ability to insta-kill with the force using a windpipe crush, etc. It is true he hasn't shown other stuff she has, so she will probably win regardless.

Utrigita

Impediment
Wanda stomps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.