SW Characters run the Praetorian Guard Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Same setting as in TLJ.

(personal comment: this scene demonstrated that fighting multiple inferior opponents is by no means easy)

Warm up: S3 Ezra + Kanan

1.) TCW S1 Ahsoka + Anakin

2.) TPM Qui-Gon + Kenobi

3.) AotC Anakin + Kenobi

4.) TCW Maul + Savage

BOSS: DD Vos + Ventress

MythLord
I think the Praetorians might take Warmup and maybe Round 1? I mean, we have no specific metric on how good they are.

Some were getting stomped by Rey and Kylo and others were legitimate contenders. Their variety of weapons and specialized tactics are also fascinating, to say the least and I'm not sure how well the warmup and round 1 would handle that.

Zenwolf
With Myth on this one. Although all of them do have the Force advantage to use if need be. They used the Force more in combat.

UCanShootMyNova
Kanan ragdolls.

Kurk
Did Kanan do some hyped up sh1t recently? I've been out of the loop.

Zenwolf
Not recently no, he just does use the force a lot while in combat against non-force users.

relentless1
1 wins although Ashoka may die

2 onwards slaughters

Dark-Kenshin
Cold hard stop at 1. Anakin doesn't even need Ahsoka's help.

Kurk
Anakin doesn't seem to do too well against multiple opponents:

https://youtu.be/DOZ4SpuOmH4?t=1m21s
https://youtu.be/N8f3-QPBxUA?t=2m50s

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
Anakin doesn't seem to do too well against multiple opponents:

https://youtu.be/DOZ4SpuOmH4?t=1m21s
https://youtu.be/N8f3-QPBxUA?t=2m50s

Aside from that 1 Magnaguard strike, he was doing fine and really Magnaguards have more going for them.

Not all of the guards have whips, much less in length like those that give off an electric discharge.

Trocity
They`d probably beat the warm-up, I guess.

MythLord
Alright, so I took another look at the fight, and I've come to realize:

The Praetorians guards were vastly outperforming Finn against a much more well-rounded Kylo, and they are stronger than Rey who herself has some excellent strength feats. I'd wager they're definitely above MagnaGuards, and given Season 1 Ahsoka and Anakin have both somewhat struggled with a small group of MGs, then the Praetorians can pull off a win, especially with their versatile weaponry(which includes
Naginata, whips, conjoined blades that can attach and detach and lightsaber resistant gauntelts. )

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by relentless1
1 wins although Ashoka may die

2 onwards slaughters

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Cold hard stop at 1. Anakin doesn't even need Ahsoka's help.

Yeah. I can see that too. Rey and Kylo for some reason weren't using the Force during the fight.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by MythLord
Alright, so I took another look at the fight, and I've come to realize:

The Praetorians guards were vastly outperforming Finn against a much more well-rounded Kylo, and they are stronger than Rey who herself has some excellent strength feats.

What strength feats?

MythLord
Originally posted by Zenwolf
What strength feats?

Scaling a 100+ meter tall structure, while under the influence of fatigue and a scortching sun; overpowering an injured Kylo Ren(who previously was still physically superior to Finn; one of the top of the FOs supersoldiers); knocking out a large Taltz with a single swing.

I scale both Rey and Ren as being a league or so ahead of Finn(perhaps more) in pretty much all categories.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Warm up should be enough, though not easy.

McP
Originally posted by MythLord
I'd wager they're definitely above MagnaGuards, and given Season 1 Ahsoka and Anakin have both somewhat struggled with a small group of MGs, then the Praetorians can pull off a win

Hard to tell. MG's aren't a good example, as they are either not consistent enough or just have different powerlevels between each.

Indeed Anakin and Ahsoka somehow struggled against MGs... but on the other hand, Nahdar Vebb stomped about five of them alone?

MythLord
Nahdar fought three. And he also relied on the Force, IIRC.

|King Joker|
They stop at 1.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by McP
Hard to tell. MG's aren't a good example, as they are either not consistent enough or just have different powerlevels between each.

Indeed Anakin and Ahsoka somehow struggled against MGs... but on the other hand, Nahdar Vebb stomped about five of them alone?

That's explained at least in Legends as Grievous trains with a number of them and they learn from that training.

Interestingly the Praetorian Guard seem to have numbers like the Inquisitors.

UCanShootMyNova
The 8 guards lose to Ezra.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.