Kanan vs Rey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
Sabers only.

Nephthys
Rey, thoroughly.

UCanShootMyNova
Kanan before she can react.

The Merchant
Kanans asteroid feat is better

ares834
Rey should win.

UCanShootMyNova
Nah.

|King Joker|
Rey, yeah.

DarthAnt66
Rey, definitely.

Lord Stark
Eh Kanan's feat of solo'ing an AT-AT walker and defeating the Grand Inquisitor pre-prime, and defeating Maul in a moment of oneness impress me more than anything Rey has really shown, although I'd imagine when Rey hits her prime she'll be stronger as the new GM of the NJO.

Greysentinel365
More impressed by Kanan fighting inquisitors than by Rey barely dealing with 1 guard and getting her ass kicked by another.

Rebel95
Rey

Kurk
Rey's vagina takes this for the win

UCanShootMyNova
Everybody who just said Rey is wrong and should drink bleach. Go die uglies.

DarthAnt66
Rey's a Force-created prodigy. How the hell is Kanan comparing?

UCanShootMyNova
Wait... Is that seriously the logic you're going with?

UCanShootMyNova
She has no feats to compare to him in any category.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rey's a Force-created prodigy. How the hell is Kanan comparing?

In level of training I guess.

Haschwalth
Context wise Rey should be superior, feat wise not so much.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Darth Thor
In level of training I guess.
Issue is, training doesn't seem to be relevant. Rey's perfectly matched with Kylo, who has far more training / is far more powerful than Kanan.

Darth Thor

DarthAnt66
Not to mention, both Kylo and Rey kill four guards (eight in total).

I doubt that's coincidental, considering everything else.

Darth Thor

DarthAnt66
thumb up I'd say so.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Issue is, training doesn't seem to be relevant. Rey's perfectly matched with Kylo, who has far more training / is far more powerful than Kanan.

How is he far more powerful then Kanan?

ares834
Based on the fights, Kylo seemed to be the better duelist. Rey and Kylo just have equal raw power.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
Based on the fights, Kylo seemed to be the better duelist. Rey and Kylo just have equal raw power.
Eh, I mean, Rey kills three before Kylo kills one, but that might be because of editing.

ares834
Sure. But I don't see how that make her superior especially since Kylo fights three at a time on his own.

DarthAnt66
I never said it makes her superior (I said they're equal many times) - my point was that I didn't get the impression Kylo is a better swordsman.

ares834
Yeah, my mistake, I misspoke there. Still, I don't see that making her his equal either.

DarthAnt66
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7kfvga/full_rey_kylo_and_snoke_scene/

They start off with Rey fighting five and Kylo fighting three. It's hard to tell what happens from there, but it seems one of the five fighting Rey goes over to fight Kylo, Rey kills one of the four now fighting Kylo, then Rey kicks away another and the scene cuts with Rey fighting three, Kylo fighting three, one guard dead, and another on the floor due to the kick.

When it comes back, it seems we have Rey fighting two with another off in the distance (unknown why due to the cut), and Kylo fighting four (presumably the one that gets up after Rey's kick goes to fight Kylo).

I think I understand where you're coming from if you say Kylo is superior, but if you look at the immediate fight before the cut, Rey's performance is pretty damn impressive.

MythLord
Also, Rey got up faster than Kylo after their explosive surge over Annie's lightsaber.

I believe that suggests she may even eclipse Kylo in raw power, but overall the two were consistently portrayed as comparable to one-another, and that means Rey takes this.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Kanan, more experienced. Rey should have more raw power but can use it as effectively as Kanan. He wins.

ares834
Originally posted by MythLord
Also, Rey got up faster than Kylo after their explosive surge over Annie's lightsaber.

I believe that suggests she may even eclipse Kylo in raw power, but overall the two were consistently portrayed as comparable to one-another, and that means Rey takes this.

She certainly does not eclipse him. The two are counterpoints as the film makes clear.

DarthDuelist9
Rey's just more powerful and ferocious as a duelist.

UCanShootMyNova
No she's not.

Rebel95
Kylo and Rey are pretty clearly equals.

FreshestSlice
Logically, Kanan, but we all know Rey would destroy him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
Kylo and Rey are pretty clearly equals. In terms of force power. I do believe Kylo has the skill edge with a light saber. I'm sure by the time of their final duel it'll be even Steven.

Rebel95
Originally posted by quanchi112
In terms of force power. I do believe Kylo has the skill edge with a light saber. I'm sure by the time of their final duel it'll be even Steven.
Yeah he might be slightly better as a duelist. It definitely seemed like he did better against the guards

TheMuser
Honestly Rey......Should lose.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Rebel95
Yeah he might be slightly better as a duelist. It definitely seemed like he did better against the guards

Wasn't it him and not Rey that had to be saved in the end?

Rebel95
Originally posted by Nephthys
Wasn't it him and not Rey that had to be saved in the end?
Rey struggled against two of them (and she fought them one at a time), whereas Kylo had to fight four simultaneously and defeated three of them before having to be saved from the last one.

Nephthys
Weren't there only two of them because she'd already beaten 2 of them though?

Rebel95

ares834
It certainly was. Kylo was taking on 3 or 4 at a time whereas, for Rey, they came at her one or two at a time. Kylo's performance clearly looked more impressive. Which makes sense as he has formal saber training.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.