Praetorian Guard vs. 2 Magnaguards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Who wins?

Praetorian Guard (8 total) vs. Magnaguards that Obi Wan and Anakin fought in ROTS

Lord Stark
Depends on the Magnaguard. Fresh Magnaguards right off the shelf, the guard loses against two in a hard fight. Grievous trained Magnaguard that proved challenges to and kill Jedi stomp the Praetorian Guard and can arguably solo.

Rebel95
Check my edit^ I meant the entire Praetorian Guard (8 total)

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Depends on the Magnaguard. Fresh Magnaguards right off the shelf, the guard loses against two in a hard fight. Grievous trained Magnaguard that proved challenges to and kill Jedi stomp the Praetorian Guard and can arguably solo.

Seems right, tbh not sure the weaponry the Guard has is a good match for the Magnaguard, they have some pretty great durability with being able to survive headless. They also seem far more agile.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Rebel95
Check my edit^ I meant the entire Praetorian Guard (8 total)
8 of them? Lmfao they slaughter.

Rebel95
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
8 of them? Lmfao they slaughter.
thumb up

Lord Stark
All 8 stomp hard even against Grievous' elites. 4-6 of Grievous' elites can likely take it though.

Kurk
Originally posted by Lord Stark

UCanShootMyNova
A single magnaguard blitzes the entire group.

Trocity
Magnaguards were more impressive, yeah. Obi decapitates one and it keeps twirling and attacking him, they'd probably shit on the Praetorian Guard, actually.

quanchi112
Praetorian guard destroy. These guys took on two who scared Luke with raw force strength.

relentless1
outnumbered like this yeah the Guards win for sure but you put 8 v 8 id probably have to go with the magnas

DarthAnt66
I think people are forgetting the Praetorian's armor is semi-lightsaber resistant whereas the Magnaguards have just electrostaffs. erm

MythLord
A single Praetorian is probably better than a single MagnaGuard, honestly.

The official G+ Star Wars page(run by LucasArts/Disney) notes Hux took into account Jedi training when training the FO Stormtroopers in melee combat, and that the Troops in the FO are trained far better than the troops during the Empire's day. Finn being in the top 1% of that speaks highly of his own skill(which I wouldn't hesitate to put on par or ahead of a standard MagnaGuard).

Finn wasn't capable of providing half the challenge to an injured Kylo Ren as a Praetorian Guard provided to a healthy, mentally stable one. 8 Praetorians vs 2 MagnaGuards is an absolute slaughter in the Guards' favour.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.