Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
so far,

do you prefer Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy?

in terms of pure entertainment and fun and personal investment

if you were to recommend star wars to your non-fan friends

would you recommend prequels or r Epiosde 7, 8 to get them hooked?

Lord Lucien
According to a stupendous, and un-f*cking-believable amount of people in various comment sections, TFA and TLJ are the worst things since the Black Death. And they killed Star Wars and really when you think about it, the PT isn't as bad as TLJ like OMFG.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
According to a stupendous, and un-f*cking-believable amount of people in various comment sections, TFA and TLJ are the worst things since the Black Death. And they killed Star Wars and really when you think about it, the PT isn't as bad as TLJ like OMFG.

You think about it yet?

JediRobin23
Originally posted by JediRobin23
You think about it yet?

K. Gonna be happy that the you tubers are a bunch of crumb bum; when it come to start analyzing Star Wars.....

JediRobin23
Sry for talking to meself...PT with GL story telling....once in a lifetime.....

relentless1
PT is the better saga out of all trilogies; best actors of the saga act in them (Ewan, Ian and Liam); better action, and better story (Rise of Darth Sidious)

Lord Lucien
lol no

quanchi112
NT is by far the best trilogy two films in. I'd say Rots is great but the first two films in that trilogy were lackluster. I do love phantom menace for Maul but that still didn't save the quality of the film overall.

Lord Lucien
Selected key features of the PT notwithstanding, those films were tonal, visual, and emotional garbage. I'd hoped Star Wars was going to be left to wither and die on the Internet, but then Disney stepped in...

If they're going to keep it alive and god forbid do something a tad unexpected from what the average audience member (Joanne and Cletus) think will happen, then they're going about it in the right way. So far.

queeq
Yup... not prefect they are the NT movies, but way better than the PT.

quanchi112
Opinions vary so in the end I'll always go with mine. Seems the wisest choice.

Bashar Teg
shouldn't it be 'ST/Sequel Trilogy'?

Sith Master X
Because I grew up with these films and they were a huge part of my childhoold, I will always prefer the PT because of sentimental value...not because I believe it's the best trilogy....however, as of now I believe that many aspects of Episode 8 currently stand as my favorite of them all.

queeq
Really??? Surprising.

To me: ESB forever!

Sith Master X
Yup. I loved what they did with Luke (mostly) and the final battle with Kylo I thought was beautifully done. Lots of people take issue with Luke vs Kylo because Luke didn't get to be "badass with his lightsaber." But when Yoda was badass in Attack of the Clones, everyone argued" Yoda should be "beyond" using a lightsaber. George sold out Yoda.

In Episode 8, Luke essentially does what we are taught in ESB, that a Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. Hence the force projection is an aspect of 8 that make this one of my favorite scenes of the saga, and in all honesty, should tie in nicely to Yoda's lesson from the OT.

Kurk
All for the PT. Best memes too.

Bashar Teg
imo the PT had the potential to be far greater and fell completely short, while the NT is better than i had anticipated; perhaps because of my drastically lowered expectations after the PT. whatever the case i like the new trilogy much more, but i have no motivation to highlight and defend it's merits since i didn't like it that much. to put it another way: if these were the first films released after the OT, i would probably have a less favorable opinion of them. yet currently i find TLJ to be a massive breath of fresh air.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
imo the PT had the potential to be far greater and fell completely short, while the NT is better than i had anticipated; perhaps because of my drastically lowered expectations after the PT. whatever the case i like the new trilogy much more, but i have no motivation to highlight and defend it's merits since i didn't like it that much. to put it another way: if these were the first films released after the OT, i would probably have a less favorable opinion of them. yet currently i find TLJ to be a massive breath of fresh air. thumb up

queeq
imo the PT had the potential to be far greater and fell completely short, while the NT is better than i had anticipated; perhaps because of my drastically lowered expectations after the PT. whatever the case i like the new trilogy much more, but i have no motivation to highlight and defend it's merits since i didn't like it that much. to put it another way: if these were the first films released after the OT, i would probably have a less favorable opinion of them. yet currently i find TLJ to be a massive breath of fresh air.

Yeah, interesting pot. Think I agree.

JediRobin23
K. After you tube. Is there anyone who wants to talk about SW yet?

Bashar Teg
K. After you tube. Is there anyone who wants to talk about SW yet?
whaaaat?

Lord Lucien
K. After you tube. Is there anyone who wants to talk about SW yet? It's kinda difficult to make sense of your sentences sometimes. Most of the times.

relentless1
Prequels for sure, I figured ST had the edge in hot women but then i remembered Natalie Portman in ep 2 so that advantage went out the window as well

Rebel95
I liked the PT more. The sequel trilogy is just too... I wanna say childish? Almost like it was made more for a young audience than us older Star Wars fans. Which makes sense for Disney financially, but is disappointing. Not to say I don't enjoy the new films, they just could be so much better.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Rebel95
I liked the PT more. The sequel trilogy is just too... I wanna say childish? Almost like it was made more for a young audience than us older Star Wars fans. Which makes sense for Disney financially, but is disappointing. Not to say I don't enjoy the new films, they just could be so much better.

as an old-old fan, from my point of view the PT fit the same description. childish and overly concerned with hooking the current generation of kids from toddlers to 20-somethings. however i saw RotJ when i was 9, so i wasn't particulary bothered by the childish things like ewoks, tarzan-calling, and burp gags. from a fresh perspective i might call the whole thing childish.

Rebel95
as an old-old fan, from my point of view the PT fit the same description. childish and overly concerned with hooking the current generation of kids from toddlers to 20-somethings. however i saw RotJ when i was 9, so i wasn't particulary bothered by the childish things like ewoks, tarzan-calling, and burp gags. from a fresh perspective i might call the whole thing childish.
I guess you're right. I was thinking more of Episode III, which had a bit of a darker tone and is probably my favorite SW movie. But I definitely like the sequels more than TPM and AOTC now that I think about it.

BazookaMaster
PReqeuels are way better.

StiltmanFTW
Prequels.

Putinbot1
as an old-old fan, from my point of view the PT fit the same description. childish and overly concerned with hooking the current generation of kids from toddlers to 20-somethings. however i saw RotJ when i was 9, so i wasn't particulary bothered by the childish things like ewoks, tarzan-calling, and burp gags. from a fresh perspective i might call the whole thing childish. You are 44 now, really? Bloody hell, I remember when you were 32 and you used to give me shit for being late 30's hahahaha funny stuff Bash. It was always childish I saw A new hope when it came out and I was in Primary school. Come on RotJ has ****ing soft toys running round.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Putinbot1
You are 44 now, really? Bloody hell, I remember when you were 32 and you used to give me shit for being late 30's hahahaha funny stuff Bash. It was always childish I saw A new hope when it came out and I was in Primary school. Come on RotJ has ****ing soft toys running round.

43 at the moment. smile even in ESB, the most adult-oriented episode, one of the stars was a muppet ffs.

Bashar Teg
i signed up in june 2004 at the tender age of 29. the reason i signed up is because episode 3 hype was in full bloom, and they allowed links for distribution of star wars 'hyperspace' production photos and videos, which was technically piracy. arrrrrr

Putinbot1
43 at the moment. smile even in ESB, the most adult-oriented episode, one of the stars was a muppet ffs. True that is.

43 will go so fast... 44 faster etc, but you're seeing it first hand and know it already. 29, the crazy thing is the time from episode 6 to episode 1 is about the same as episode 3 to now give or take and I guarantee episode 1 doesn't seem as long ago for you as RotJ did when 1 came out. Ha, we are all geezers now.

Sith Master X
I was 16 when I first joined KMC. Now I'm 30. It doesn't seem possible.

2004 was a magical time here for sure.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I was 16 when I first joined KMC. Now I'm 30. It doesn't seem possible.

2004 was a magical time here for sure. Yeah 2004-2006 were the heyday here.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Putinbot1
True that is.

43 will go so fast... 44 faster etc,

43 will go in 6 weeks, so i hope not

Trocity
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Prequels.

BackFire

I agree with this. The prequel trilogy is only watchable because of the hilarious memes that have sprung up from them. And because Revenge of the Sith is pretty good. Phantom Menace and AotC are both borderline unwatchable, imo.

On the other hand, I've enjoyed both the ST films so far.

I do think PT had better world building, though. That's something the new trilogy has been lacking overall.

Bashar Teg
only one i find unwatchable is ep2. though i havent seen any PT since like 2005

Sith Master X
Other than Jar Jar being a tad annoying and some pacing issues, I've never understood the hate for TPM. It's really not that bad at all. Although ROTS is my favorite, of the 3 prequels, TPM feels the most "OT" like to me in terms of "look" because it was actually shot on film.

Each of the prequels had something special to me. TPM had the best "look" AOTC had the best soundtrack, and ROTS had the best pacing. There are elements of brilliance in all 3 movies, that just fell a bit short in terms of comparisons to the OT.

RealistRacism
Anyone defending the Sequels is actually a homosexual, it's in the Talmud. Bashar is a stupid boomer.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Anyone defending the Sequels is actually a homosexual, it's in the Talmud. Bashar is a stupid boomer.

your butt hurts?

Kickballjedi
I haven't been on the forums in a long time, but I wanted to log in after a few years absence to see how KMC was reacting to the New Trilogy. Very entertaining as usual.

Here is my opinion- The New Movies have made the PT look better to me. I know, I know, but hear me out. 1 thing the PT did was explain EVERYTHING. By the end of RotS you know the Death Star is under construction, the Jedi are all but extinct, the Empire is in control, the stormtrooper clone army enforces the Empire, and there is the hint at a Rebellion starting. You knew the wonder twins are split up on Tatooine and Alderaan, you know Obi-Wan and Yoda are hiding out. When Episode 4 begins, you know where everything stands, why the Galaxy is the way it is.

I have no f-ing clue what has happened between RotJ and TFA. How is the First Order so powerful? Where did they get the funds to build a planet-sized, sun-sucking weapon? How did the "resistance" allow it to be built under their noses? Why doesn't the New Republic have a massive military force to keep the peace? Why isn't Han a general? Why isn't Leia the Chancellor of the New Senate? I'm so confused!

When I look at how much I've changed over the last 30 years, I think to myself- "Wow I've grown and achieved a lot!" An awesome job, cool car, beautiful wife and son, a big house. 20 years ago I was single living in a 1 room efficiency. These characters are the heroes who helped Save the Galaxy- they should be leaders and celebrities, they should guide the future of the republic and squash any evil Empire that threatens the new peace they created. It makes no sense! By the end TLJ when the "Rebels" are seeking help from other worlds, I'm thinking to myself "What are they rebels of? The New Order hasn't taken over the Galaxy. They just blew up a whole system, billions of lives, nobody would want to join with that!" Then I wonder how the New Order had enough funds for The Starkiller Base (destroyed), the Dreadnought (destroyed), the Supremacy a Mega-Class Star Destroyer (destroyed). This trilogy makes no sense so far and I really can't see any way of saving it in the single remaining movie of the trilogy.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
I haven't been on the forums in a long time, but I wanted to log in after a few years absence to see how KMC was reacting to the New Trilogy. Very entertaining as usual.

Here is my opinion- The New Movies have made the PT look better to me. I know, I know, but hear me out. 1 thing the PT did was explain EVERYTHING. By the end of RotS you know the Death Star is under construction, the Jedi are all but extinct, the Empire is in control, the stormtrooper clone army enforces the Empire, and there is the hint at a Rebellion starting. You knew the wonder twins are split up on Tatooine and Alderaan, you know Obi-Wan and Yoda are hiding out. When Episode 4 begins, you know where everything stands, why the Galaxy is the way it is.

I have no f-ing clue what has happened between RotJ and TFA. How is the First Order so powerful? Where did they get the funds to build a planet-sized, sun-sucking weapon? How did the "resistance" allow it to be built under their noses? Why doesn't the New Republic have a massive military force to keep the peace? Why isn't Han a general? Why isn't Leia the Chancellor of the New Senate? I'm so confused!

When I look at how much I've changed over the last 30 years, I think to myself- "Wow I've grown and achieved a lot!" An awesome job, cool car, beautiful wife and son, a big house. 20 years ago I was single living in a 1 room efficiency. These characters are the heroes who helped Save the Galaxy- they should be leaders and celebrities, they should guide the future of the republic and squash any evil Empire that threatens the new peace they created. It makes no sense! By the end TLJ when the "Rebels" are seeking help from other worlds, I'm thinking to myself "What are they rebels of? The New Order hasn't taken over the Galaxy. They just blew up a whole system, billions of lives, nobody would want to join with that!" Then I wonder how the New Order had enough funds for The Starkiller Base (destroyed), the Dreadnought (destroyed), the Supremacy a Mega-Class Star Destroyer (destroyed). This trilogy makes no sense so far and I really can't see any way of saving it in the single remaining movie of the trilogy.

As per TLJ, the FO basically controls the galaxy now after wiping out pretty much the entirety of the New Republic back in TFA which conveniently the entire NR fleet was at the capital. The NR also demilitarized themselves because, so of course it was easy to wipe them all out in one go and everything goes back to square 1. So much for all the sacrificing the Rebel Alliance did throughout the GCW.

Also all of your questions are basically answered in a bunch of supplement novels, games and so on.

Although even if you looked into them for the info, it's pretty....ehhhh....no one really in the NR gave a **** about a supposed FO building power because they weren't believing it, hence why Leia started the Resistance. Han just became a deadbeat dad and left everything after Kylo fell, it's just all.....ugh.

Legends has just been basically better in the aspect of moving on and showing changes without destroying pretty much everything that came before it.

Also the GCW didn't end in a total of 1 year after the Battle of Endor, that really irritates me to no end that this New Canon did that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.