Rank the MCU Avengers in intelligence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
How would you rank the MCU Avengers in raw, academic intellect?

Adam Grimes
Thor is top.

Impediment
Tony and Bruce are most brilliant.

Maybe when Reed Richards introduced, then there will be some competition.

Adam Grimes
Do you think they will make him far smarter like in the comics?

Because with RDJ gone Reed just might take his place as the main tech guy.

The Ellimist
So unless if I'm missing some people:

Tony Stark, Bruce Banner (Vision?)
Peter Parker, Hank Pym
Rocket Racoon, Dr. Strange
Not sure from there

Impediment
Banner holds expertise in biology, chemistry, engineering, medicine, physiology, and nuclear physics.

Stark's expertise is in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.

However, Stark needed Banner's help in Age of Ultron.

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment
Banner holds expertise in biology, chemistry, engineering, medicine, physiology, and nuclear physics.

Stark's expertise is in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.

However, Stark needed Banner's help in Age of Ultron.

Overall I think Stark is smarter, but I'm sure there are specific fields Banner surpasses him in. Remember Tony seems to spend his time on a bunch of different projects.

The Ellimist
Tony may seem smarter than Bruce because he's more charismatic and talks more. Granted he also has more intellectual accomplishments, but Banner has been kinda busy...

BruceSkywalker

Maybe when Reed Richards introduced, then there will be some competition.

Reed is gonna be portrayed as a stalker lol

Arachnid1

Maybe when Reed Richards introduced, then there will be some competition. Reed is going to blow them all out of the water once he's introduced.

It's insane that I never even cared about his abilities. His genius is what always made him interesting.

Inhuman
Hank muthafuggin Pym

Impediment
Pym, too! I hope we get to see more of Michael Douglas in the MCU.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Inhuman
Hank muthafuggin Pym Yeah I'd actually say Pyms research is the most ground breaking so far. It almost seems magical in nature

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Reed is gonna be portrayed as a stalker lol

laughing out loud

Surtur
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Reed is going to blow them all out of the water once he's introduced.

It's insane that I never even cared about his abilities. His genius is what always made him interesting.

Plus that one version of him in comics that could stretch his brain to make himself smarter. That shit was f*cking gold.

FrothByte
1. Stark has more intellectual accomplishments. Creating the IM suit, creating such a tiny power source, creating a new element, etc. He's an inventor that makes stuff that the world hasn't seen before. He takes top spot.

2. Pym follows him for his shrinking technology. Similar to Stark, he created something completely new to humankind but he doesn't have quite as many accomplishments as stark.

3. Banner follows. He hasn't created anything new (other than his accident with gamma radiation) but he does have multiple PHD's and is considered the best in his field.

4. Rocket and Peter Parker. Rocket can cobble together machinery in a jiffy but he hasn't built anything quite as significant as Tony and Pym and is a bit too one dimensional compared to Banner. Peter also seems capable, especially after making his own webbing, but that's all he can really say about his intelligence.

5. Then there's Strange who's considered one of the best surgeons there is.

After that it's a muddle. I guess Black Widow and Thor come next. Black Widow due to her hacking skills and overall spy intelligence. Thor due to his more advanced technology knowledge that allows him to keep up with talks about Eisen Rosen bridges and such.

The Ellimist
^ Thor obviously isn't stupid but I never got the impression he was super-intelligent, just having some knowledge of tech common to his homeworld doesn't really mean much. Steve strikes me as smarter.

But your list seems pretty good to me, except you're forgetting Vision who may rival the top ones.

FrothByte
Originally posted by The Ellimist
^ Thor obviously isn't stupid but I never got the impression he was super-intelligent, just having some knowledge of tech common to his homeworld doesn't really mean much. Steve strikes me as smarter.

But your list seems pretty good to me, except you're forgetting Vision who may rival the top ones.

Thor doesn't seem smart because he acts like a dumb jock. But he knows things about the universe and its history that no other Avenger does. He was the only one among the Avengers that knew about the infinity stones. He knows about different realms and universes. He knows about other creatures around the universe. And yes, he knows about standard technology that the Asgardians have. He may not be any smarter than an average asgardian but that kind of knowledge is still something that the other Avengers do not have.

As for Vision, it seemed quite unfair to pit a machine with a mindstone in an intelligence contest. It's also because we haven't yet had any feats from Vision to indicate just how intelligent he is.

The Ellimist
Well I think you're referring to knowledge more than intelligence.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
As for Vision, it seemed quite unfair to pit a machine with a mindstone in an intelligence contest. It's also because we haven't yet had any feats from Vision to indicate just how intelligent he is.

Well, we still have Jarvis feats to go on, who was able to do things like out-hack Ultron (when he kept changing the nuclear codes to prevent Ultron from getting them).

Quite frankly, assuming Vision still has his computer-speed processing power, he should be able to out-think nearly all the other Avenges by virtue of having much faster mental speed.

FrothByte
Well I think you're referring to knowledge more than intelligence.

People have mentioned how Banner has multiple PHD's. That's something that is taught to you and something you learn, something that you have to go through a course to receive. How is that any different from Thor acquiring knowledge over a thousand years?

If, however, we are judging based purely on IQ then Banner's phds and Strange's neurosurgery won't weigh as heavily as Rocket's ability to build stuff from scratch.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, we still have Jarvis feats to go on, who was able to do things like out-hack Ultron (when he kept changing the nuclear codes to prevent Ultron from getting them).

Quite frankly, assuming Vision still has his computer-speed processing power, he should be able to out-think nearly all the other Avenges by virtue of having much faster mental speed.

Yeah, which is why I didn't want to include him. Too much of an advantage.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FrothByte
People have mentioned how Banner has multiple PHD's. That's something that is taught to you and something you learn, something that you have to go through a course to receive. How is that any different from Thor acquiring knowledge over a thousand years?

If, however, we are judging based purely on IQ then Banner's phds and Strange's neurosurgery won't weigh as heavily as Rocket's ability to build stuff from scratch.

Uh PhD's aren't just handed out for going to lectures and memorizing powerpoints you know, you have to come up with original research, in Banner's case world class research in multiple fields. Somehow getting multiple PhD's super quickly and being as world renowned in your field as Banner is an intellectual feat. Just knowing trivia you had thousands of years to learn isn't really. Banner and Stark are both massively smarter than any real life human who has ever lived.

abhilegend
Thor is top as always. Smartest one there is.

FrothByte
Uh PhD's aren't just handed out for going to lectures and memorizing powerpoints you know, you have to come up with original research, in Banner's case world class research in multiple fields. Somehow getting multiple PhD's super quickly and being as world renowned in your field as Banner is an intellectual feat. Just knowing trivia you had thousands of years to learn isn't really. Banner and Stark are both massively smarter than any real life human who has ever lived.

Yes, I know what it entails to get a PHD, thank you very much. In the end though, majority of it is a matter of acquiring knowledge and proving that you have that knowledge and can apply it.

If someone has read and remembered every book out there, would you not consider this person smart and able to apply that knowledge?

I feel like you're getting a little too nitpicky on your definition of intelligence. Besides, I don't even know why you're disagreeing with me. I already placed guys like Tony, Banner, Strange, Rocket, Peter and Pym way over Thor. All I'm doing is placing Thor above guys like Hawkeye, War Machine and Bucky. Are you really going to disagree with me on this?

Inhuman
Thor is the one that told Banner that the Devils Anus was a collapsed neutron star

playa1258
-Stark
-Banner
-Pym
-Strange
-Parker

I expect Pym and Parker to rise up this list in future films. Strange could get a boost also.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.