Kylo Ren's fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
What do you think will happen to Kylo Ren in episode 9? Will he be redeemed, will he die, or will something else happen? Discuss.

I think he'll probably die but remember he hesitated to kill Leia so there's definitely still some good in him, it's possible he could be redeemed.

DarthAnt66
He doubled-down at the end though. He ordered his men to kill Leia.

The Ellimist
Did he know she was still alive?

DarthAnt66
They seem to have a deep telepathic link when near, so probably.

The Ellimist
Anyway I'd guess a partial redemption like the bad guy in National Treasure 2.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
They seem to have a deep telepathic link when near, so probably.

Maybe. What was the point of all his emotional conflict if he just becomes a generic baddie? I'm guessing in the least redemptive case a Rebels Maul esque scene.

DarthAnt66
Well, he obviously won't die a Sidious-esque villain, but they said they don't want to replicate the Vader redemption story either.

DarthAnt66
This is just my irrelevant fan theories talking, but it would be neat if Kylo kills Rey, repents like Ulic Qel-Droma did with his brother, and then either kills himself like Romeo and Juliet or uses his energy to resurrect Rey with the help of spirit Luke like with Ahsoka Anakin the Father and the Daughter on Mortis.

Otherwise we get a repeat of Caedus vs Jaina, probably.

Zenwolf
With the trilogy changing hands again and writing by the seat of one's pants apparently, who really knows? I'm not really holding my breath for anything extreme though.

Rebel95
Probably this, unfortunately.

The Ellimist
ib4 Abrams reverses everything Johnson does, Luke was double projecting and still alive, Snoke was projecting and is very wise, Rey is Luke's daughter and Ackbar arrives at the end with a fleet to save the day.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Ellimist
ib4 Abrams reverses everything Johnson does, Luke was double projecting and still alive, Snoke was projecting and is very wise, Rey is Luke's daughter and Ackbar arrives at the end with a fleet to save the day.

I'm really disheartened that Ackbar is no more in Canon. sad I mean sure he also died in Legends but this was after all the stuff he does earlier, but here...we just go straight to his death, like he couldn't at least survive to the last movie?

TheNuisanceBird
This is just my irrelevant fan theories talking, but it would be neat if Kylo kills Rey, repents like Ulic Qel-Droma did with his brother, and then either kills himself like Romeo and Juliet or uses his energy to resurrect Rey with the help of spirit Luke like with Ahsoka Anakin the Father and the Daughter on Mortis.

^ What he said.

Also, if Snoke was the one connecting them through the Force then how come they were able to see each other at the end when Snoke was dead?

The Ellimist
If Kylo kills Rey and himself who is left to revive the Jedi? Ghost Luke?

DarthAnt66
Let the past die.

Nephthys
Honestly I think Ren's story is about a guy with every chance to redeem himself but instead doubling down at every opportunity. He's constantly being "seduced" by the light, by people giving him the benefit of the doubt and offering emotional fulfilment and chances to better himself but I really don't think he'll ever do it. He simply doesn't want to be redeemed. He's just a shit.

Originally posted by The Ellimist

Abrams was the executive producer on TLJ. I'd be very surprised if he didn't know about and was on board with what Johnson did.

The Ellimist
Let the past die.

Then you'll assume the galaxy is doomed the next time a dark sider comes.

Darth Abonis
J.J. better NOT screw up, the uniqueness that Johnson has created.

NewGuy01
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.