Obi-Wan and Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
ROTS Obi Wan
TPM Darth Maul

vs.

ROTS Dooku

Who wins?

The Ellimist
Dooku just does what he was doing at the beginning of the RotS duel to one of them, and then the other isn't winning one on one.

Pure sabers? Not sure.

LordOfTheLight
Team takes pure sabers pretty solidly.

All out depends on how coordinated they are, but they should still take it pretty much every single time.

TenebrousWay
Team.

The Ellimist
I mean why couldn't Dooku take out Obi Wan again and best Maul one on one? He does this against Anakin and Obi Wan, he just loses to Anakin solo.

DarthAnt66
Dooku can't just take out Obi-Wan on the whim, ffs.

samappo
If it's not pure sabers, Dooku wins the majority I would think.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Dooku can't just take out Obi-Wan on the whim, ffs.

So he got lucky?

The Merchant
Team.

AncientPower
Originally posted by The Ellimist
So he got lucky?

He caught Kenobi off-guard with the Force, he himself concedes that he'd never be able to penetrate his Soresu.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by AncientPower
He caught Kenobi off-guard with the Force, he himself concedes that he'd never be able to penetrate his Soresu.

Right, so we're concluding that he got lucky and wouldn't catch him off guard most times / 10?

AncientPower
thumb up

Darth Thor

The Ellimist
Well he's not 1 v 1 here though.

Darth Thor

carthage
Dooku

Maul is a weak link

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Right, so we're concluding that he got lucky and wouldn't catch him off guard most times / 10?
thumb up

Plus, Dooku still has to engage in a duel with Obi-Wan to set up a situation where Obi-Wan is cut off-guard.

He can't just discard him on the whim like you implied.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by carthage
Dooku

Maul is a weak link I agree.

Dooku>>>>>>>>Kenobi>>Maul.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I agree.

Dooku>>>>>>>>Kenobi>>Maul.

You think Prequel Kenobi is already >> Maul?

LordOfTheLight
Look at the difference between Kenobi and Dooku on his scale, lol.

Besides, this is TPM Maul. Someone I consider to be noticeably, if not significantly inferior to TCW Maul in the relevant aspects.

AncientPower
There's a strong argument that the opposite is true.

Darth Thor

relentless1
Dooku stomps

Obi Wan has always been susceptible to TK; Maul gets him with it in TPM and Dooku gets him in ROTS

quanchi112
Maul solos.

relentless1
@Thor because Maul is older, wiser and much more rage filled than he originally was... I mean he was almost a mute in ep 1 and all of a sudden hes a schemer and a leader in TCW, dont let the state hes found in fool you; clearly he developed in some ways over the 10 years he was away

Rockydonovang
Soresu being a lightsaber form...

AncientPower
Yes, in a duel Dooku gets stonewalled by Kenobi. In the Force, Dooku can only incapacitate him by doing essentially what would take out anyone. Catching him off-guard.

In other words, Dooku was certainly lucky.

Lord Stark
Dooku takes this. Even in the late Clone Wars Dooku absolutely rapes Kenobi with kicks and grabs alone even without abusing his force advantage. And Maul is no match for Dooku alone.

SunRazer

That's one interpretation of RotS that isn't agreed with by anything else, and at least one source disagrees.

Rockydonovang
In the Force, Dooku can only incapacitate him by doing essentially what would take out anyone. Catching him off-guard.

Where in the senior novel was it implied Dooku caught Kenobi off guard? All I got from it was that Dooku was too fast for Kenobi, not sure why that isn't applicable here.

If you want to make an argument for Kenobi being too powerful for Dooku to ragdoll, you're better off using this:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/lordofthelight/blog/why-was-obi-wan-kenobi-able-to-contend-with-darth-/132468/

Not_a_sock
Dooku should be able to ragdoll them both, he'd lose a lightsabers only fight though.

Darth Thor

Bentley
Dooku mauls them with full powers. Obi-Wan carries the saber fight.

Not_a_sock
Originally posted by Bentley
Dooku mauls them with full powers. Obi-Wan carries the saber fight.
Since when was Kenobi a substantially better duelist than Maul?

Bentley
Obi-Wan at RoTS did beat Vader which is something I don't think Maul could replicate. His defensive style and experience is a much needed asset to match Dooku, who is strong at finding openings in his opponents.

cs_zoltan
Nova still in denial.

samappo
I've always wondered, if Vader lost a lot of force potential from losing limbs, did Maul lost some of his connection when his lower half got chopped off?

Greysentinel365
Originally posted by samappo
I've always wondered, if Vader lost a lot of force potential from losing limbs, did Maul lost some of his connection when his lower half got chopped off?

According to Chee no.

Not_a_sock
Originally posted by Bentley
Obi-Wan at RoTS did beat Vader which is something I don't think Maul could replicate. His defensive style and experience is a much needed asset to match Dooku, who is strong at finding openings in his opponents.
Lol, Dooku's pierced his guard many a time with ease.

Makashi is perfectly suited to take down Soresu.

Not_a_sock
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
According to Chee no.
Shit really? That's kinda stupid then... I always assumed he had.

Bentley
Originally posted by Not_a_sock
Lol, Dooku's pierced his guard many a time with ease.

Makashi is perfectly suited to take down Soresu.

He did that to a defensive master, just imagine how easily he'd chop poor Maul sad

Also, RotS Obi > AotC Obi, Dooku never pierced the former with pure saber skills.

AncientPower
Seeing you in SWVF is just weird for some reason.

Darth Thor

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Not_a_sock
Since when was Kenobi a substantially better duelist than Maul? I'm not going to speculate on the gap, but given that TCW Kenobi was the one getting in the hits and doing the most damage physically in their duels, I see no reason to think that edge dissapeared as off ROTS.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
According to Chee no.
That is not what chee said. Chee didn't say anything regarding potential. What Chee said was that their wasn't a loss in actualized power.

Darth Thor
^ And even that was after a massive rage boost by both.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.