Rey's new lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
So, which color do you think Rey will pick for her new lightsaber? Will she go and get Luke's from Ahch-to (or wherever it is) or make her own (I think the latter)? And if she does make her own do you think she'll stay with a single blade or switch over to a double-bladed?

Personally I'm hoping for purple. Windu was a shit character in the films, he doesn't deserve to hog the best color to himself.

DarthAnt66
Blue double-blade.

The Ellimist
She doesn't ignite it until the end and you see that it's red just as she turns to stab Finn, while the voice of Snoke laughs in the background.

samappo
Can't really object to a double bladed, since she's Mary Sue and automatic expert at everything. You watch, her first duel with will have her more skilled than Maul.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Blue double-blade.

Darth Abonis
Green like Luke and Ezra both did for their second lightsabers

Raptor22
Hmmm what color would be appropriate for a shitty character played by a shitty actress? I know there has to be one thats fitting but whatever could it be?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys

Windu was a shit character in the films, he doesn't deserve to hog the best color to himself.

All right that's it. Shut the **** up Neph. Windu was amazing.

That being said I'm down with a blue or green double blade.

Nephthys
Windu was atrocious. A total miscast of Jackson that didn't use any of his strengths. His only personality traits are "bland and kind of a dick." Also Windu vs Sidious is possibly the worst fight in any SW movie.

ares834
Blue. She will probably use Anakin's crystal.

Lord Stark
Windu was atrocious. A total miscast of Jackson that didn't use any of his strengths. His only personality traits are "bland and kind of a dick." Also Windu vs Sidious is possibly the worst fight in any SW movie.

Windu was ****ing badass. Shatterpoint as an ability is pretty dope. There was some shit directing, sure, but his scenes in the ROTS novel writing wise were pretty good. Windu vs. Sidious was pretty bad though, pretty pretty bad.

Nephthys
Ah, I'm talking about just in the movie. Efforts were made to make him a lot more badass in EU, guidebooks and novels, like with every PT character, but talking about just the movie he's lame as fvck.

Lord Stark
Ah, I'm talking about just in the movie. Efforts were made to make him a lot more badass in EU, guidebooks and novels, like with every PT character, but talking about just the movie he's lame as fvck.

I mean yeah but every PT character aside from Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin was a piece of cardboard because Lucas is a shit director. Supplementary material in the EU and TCWs is what made the PT. Padme, for example, was so bad it almost sunk Natalie Portman's acting career.

The Ellimist
^ Palpatine

Lord Stark
Originally posted by The Ellimist
^ Palpatine

True, but that's because Ian McDiarmid already had great direction from Richard Marquand in Return of the Jedi. +He is also a competent stage actor and is used to operating with a bit less direction than in film.

Darth Thor
^ Count Dooku..

Basically all the main protagonists and antagonists.

Nephthys
Dooku is the worst SW movie villain ever.

DarthAnt66
idhavetodisagreethere

Nephthys
Maul isn't great, yeah. But he's at least got the intimidation factor and a ****ing awesome design.

DarthAnt66
I didn't mean that. I love the PT villains.

Nephthys
mmm

You don't like Tarkin?

DarthAnt66
Love Tarkin.

Nephthys
https://media1.tenor.com/images/046c5cfdfb264975a4ed2bb10f71d778/tenor.gif

Nephthys
Ok but for real:

Krennic is a fantastic villain. The intro sequence alone has more personality than Dooku had in two entire movies. In that he has one. He has an actual personal connection to the protagonist which is emotionally resonant in the movie. Hes a total dick but he's also pretty funny at times. I think he's pretty great.

Kylo Ren is in the running for the top spot of the series. Everyone loves him and for good reason. Easily the best thing in the new movies

Snoke is eh, but he still displayed more life and personality than Dooku ever did. Plus Dooku gets straight up beaten by Yoda and Anakin while Snoke is flat out far beyond Rey or Kylo. He still has several very effective scenes and his Force bond twist is genuinely great, unlike anything Dooku does.

I'm not sure I'd really count Hux or Phasma. They're more underlings. If you count them then I guess but Hux at least I'd argue is more effective in his role than Dooku.

Lord Stark
Ok but for real:

Krennic is a fantastic villain. The intro sequence alone has more personality than Dooku had in two entire movies. In that he has one. He has an actual personal connection to the protagonist which is emotionally resonant in the movie. Hes a total dick but he's also pretty funny at times. I think he's pretty great.

Kylo Ren is in the running for the top spot of the series. Everyone loves him and for good reason. Easily the best thing in the new movies

Snoke is eh, but he still displayed more life and personality than Dooku ever did. Plus Dooku gets straight up beaten by Yoda and Anakin while Snoke is flat out far beyond Rey or Kylo. He still has several very effective scenes and his Force bond twist is genuinely great, unlike anything Dooku does.

I'm not sure I'd really count Hux or Phasma. They're more underlings. If you count them then I guess but Hux at least I'd argue is more effective in his role than Dooku.

Hard disagree. Yelling and throwing tantrums do not = fantastic characters. Krennic and Kylo especially come across as petulant children. Which is really not believable in the environments they are in. Dooku was much more nuanced and frankly more interesting even though he had limited exposure.

The Ellimist
Snoke in TFA was awesome, in TLJ I don't know yet.

Kylo is a great villain but not a great big bad because he isn't intimidating enough.

I admit I like the scenes with Hux but he's still an inept fool.

Nephthys

DarthAnt66
I love Krennic and Kylo.

Beniboybling
mad

Lord Stark
The tantrums aren't the problem, the problem is that the writing doesn't make them feel earned especially in the case of Kylo. Its a really rough acting trope in terms of being unable to express emotions without being so obvious about it. Then the tantrums just come across as a comedic moment, which then kind of shakes the tone of the film. Kylo is a great character, but most of the tantrums and screaming feel unearned. A perfect example of an earned outburst that came across quite well is when he shatters his helmet in the elevator after his first scene with Snoke. In general Kylo is far better in TLJ.

Eh, I'd take his scene with Obi-Wan in AOTCs over Krennic any day. Dooku was misused in ROTS though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.