Palpatine runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Palpatine's formless (Dark Empire) incarnation is assumed.

Opponents in order:-

1. Darth Thanaton
2. Arcann
3. Darth Malgus
4. Vaylin (unchained)
5. Revan
6. Valkorion

FYI:

The key to Luke's turning is the moment when he and Leia realize the Emperor is no longer defined by his physical form, but has become a chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space, tearing apart everything in the vicinity, human and machine.

Nothing can match such dark power...

From (Star Wars: Dark Empire )

Ursumeles

S_W_LeGenD
FYI: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/s_w_legend/blog/cheating-corporeal-death-and-abilities-outside-a-c/126610/

This is why it is important to distinguish hyperbole from facts.

Palpatine cannot do much in spiritual form. Unfortunately.

Not_a_sock
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
FYI: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/s_w_legend/blog/cheating-corporeal-death-and-abilities-outside-a-c/126610/

thumb up I love how Az was tagged in this a year ago and offered no rebuttal.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by Ursumeles

No being match Palpatine's power. What can Darth Thanaton do? Make a wish?

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
FYI:

You are correct in stating hyperbole and fact need to be distinguished. It is good that you linked that blog to demonstrate this. It is filled with hyperbole but I have provided a fact (see above). Nothing can match Palpatine's power and he is no longer defined by his physical form.

TenebrousWay
Loses to the warmup, who should be Meetra Trashurik.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenDofPT
No being match Palpatine's power. What can Darth Thanaton do? Make a wish? Thanaton is supremely powerful. No one can match him, except for force entities (including Valkorion).

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Loses to the warmup, who should be Meetra Trashurik.

Your jokes are not funny.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Thanaton is supremely powerful.

Hyperbole do not interest me. Palpatine have been stated to be beyond power. Take a look:

And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness.

A black hole of the Force.

From (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)

It does not matter how powerful one is if his opponent is beyond power entirely. Palpatine is also described as a black hole of the Force. Darth Thanaton have nothing on Palpatine.

Provide evidence.

Azronger
Originally posted by Not_a_sock
thumb up I love how Az was tagged in this a year ago and offered no rebuttal.

Tbh I forgot about that entirely. I may make a rebuttal in a few days.

On topic, Palpatine can clear if he possesses his opposition via Essence Transfer. Otherwise he loses.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by Azronger
Tbh I forgot about that entirely. I may make a rebuttal in a few days.

On topic, Palpatine can clear if he possesses his opposition via Essence Transfer. Otherwise he loses.

You bring up excellent point that Palpatine can possess his adversaries. However, you are misguided in believing Palpatine loses otherwise. He have officially promoted as beyond power in a novel line-edited by George Lucas himself, and associated canon revelations state he is no longer defined by his physical form and he can tear apart everything in vicinity. No one can match him according to same canon revelations.

TenebrousWay
Your jokes are not funny.

lmao

Meetra being trash isn't a joke.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
lmao

Meetra being trash isn't a joke.

I agree Meetra is relatively low TIER. Your assessment there is correct.

However, Palpatine is not losing at warmup. Have you not read anything I have posted in this thread?

TenebrousWay
Palpatine couldn't control his own Force Storm, while Meetra walked on the surface of an imploded planet and kicked asses. Sidious is clearly inferior, PTLeG. =/

S_W_LeGenD
You are correct in stating hyperbole and fact need to be distinguished. It is good that you linked that blog to demonstrate this. It is filled with hyperbole but I have provided a fact (see above). Nothing can match Palpatine's power and he is no longer defined by his physical form.
Your trolling notwithstanding, reality is this:

The ability to transcend death is not exclusive to Jedi: Emperor Palpatine and the ancient Sith Lords Marka Ragnos managed to preserve their psyches after their deaths, but it seems their spiritual forms were restricted by certain boundaries and limitations. Palpatine's spirit required cloned bodies to manifest his powers; Marka Ragnos's and Exar Kun's spirits were essentially trapped within Sith-engineered temples for thousands of years.

From Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

----

What you posted is pure hyperbole, detached from facts. In-fact, that quote is clearly highlighting FEAR-FILLED thoughts of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo; a low-point for Luke and his sister during the course of their struggles against Palpatine.

However, Leia did not loose hope and managed to redeem Luke, and they brought an end to the reign of terror of Palpatine.

You haven't done your homework, it seems.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Palpatine couldn't control his own Force Storm

Really? This revelation says otherwise:

Vast energy storms that connect wildly disparate spots across the galaxy, hyperspace wormholes are unpredictable and devastating. It was to the Rebel Alliance's detriment that Emperor Palpatine was able to not only control these storms, but to create them.

From (Star Wars: Handbook 3: Dark Empire)

FANON lowballing have nothing on canon revelations.

Meetra Surik defeated Darth Sion and Darth Traya on Malachor V. Those Sith Lords are not nearly as powerful as Palpatine. Take a look:

The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.

From (Star Wars: Death Star)

Darth Sion and Darth Traya may be powerful Sith but Emperor Palpatine is most powerful among them all. You also ignored my previous proof of Palpatine's power. Nothing can match him. Accept it.

S_W_LeGenDofPT

Geistalt
Vast energy storms that connect wildly disparate spots across the galaxy, hyperspace wormholes are unpredictable and devastating. It was to the Rebel Alliance's detriment that Emperor Palpatine was able to not only control these storms, but to create them.

From (Star Wars: Handbook 3: Dark Empire)

FANON lowballing has nothing on canon revelations. Suck it, Tom Veitch.

On-topic, what's the basis for saying that Sidious can't TK or throw around some Lightning without a body?

The Ellimist
ngl I laughed out loud smile

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by Geistalt
Suck it, Tom Veitch.

On-topic, what's the basis for saying that Sidious can't TK or throw around some Lightning without a body?

Basis seems to false promotion saying Palpatine cannot use his powers as a spirit. I have provided more evidence to the contrary, however. It is important for people to be properly educated in ground realities of Palpatine and Star Wars mythos as a whole.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This guy is too good to be true.

Ursumeles
Hyperbole do not interest me. Palpatine have been stated to be beyond power. Take a look:

And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness.

A black hole of the Force.

From (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)

It does not matter how powerful one is if his opponent is beyond power entirely. Palpatine is also described as a black hole of the Force. Darth Thanaton have nothing on Palpatine.

Provide evidence. I concede. All hail S_W_LeGenDofPT!

Geistalt
It is important for people to be properly educated in ground realities of Palpatine and Star Wars mythos as a whole. Meaning hail cyborg Vader even though he's a cripple.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by Geistalt
Meaning hail cyborg Vader even though he's a cripple.

You think Darth Vader is a cripple? He have limbs, see?

http://www.ludogames.ph/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Darth-Vader-Costume.jpg

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This guy is too good to be true.

S_W_LeGenD
@S_W_LeGenDofPT

I am aware of all that.

Palpatine's ability to affect the external environment as a spirit was terribly limited. Like an average spirit.

Palpatine could employ Essence Transfer on a cloned body or possess a weak-minded loyal subject at maximum. In-fact, he was looking forward to shift his essence into a newborn because his clones would deteriorate and Luke Skywalker destroyed his supply.

Another problem was that Palpatine could not afford to linger on as a spirit for indefinite period due to pull of Void. He visited Korriban and sought advice from ancient spirits towards this end and one of them pointed towards newborn of Leia Organa Solo. Ironically, same spirit also foresaw Palpatine's demise.

Look beyond the hype and you will understand. Spamming quotes does not do you any favor or make your argument credible.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD @S_W_LeGenDofPT

I am aware of all that.

Palpatine's ability to affect the external environment as a spirit was terribly limited. Like an average spirit.

Palpatine have official promotion saying his grasp on the dark side have not changed. This includes when he have been spirit. You think Palpatine's ability to affect external environment is limited? Have a look:

Unleashing the full power of his hatred, he conjures a Force Storm that threatens to consume all of space, including the New Republic fleet.

From (Star Wars: The Comics Companion)

Palpatine can consume all of space with his power. This includes universe and beyond. Have have ability to affect external environment in profound ways.

Essence Transfer is a Force ability. So you concede he can manifest his powers without clone bodies? I see.

Palpatine have spent year as a spirit. See for yourself:

Following the destruction of the Death Star, Palpatine's consciousness spent over a year drifting across space. On reaching Byss, he awakened and recuperated in the body of a clone, one of many kept in reserve.

From (Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide)

He have also pulled himself back from Void of dark side. Have a look:

He had spent over a year disembodied, formless, drifting through the maddening void of the Dark Side.

From (Star Wars: Dark Empire Sourcebook)

---

Palpatine's body was destroyed. Separated from his clones, Palpatine was forced to survive in the maddening, bodiless existence of the void. Through sheer will he retained his identity, crossing the gulf of space to again take up residence in his clone body

From (The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia)

Void of dark side is not issue for Palpatine. Take your FANON delusions elsewhere.

Palpatine have hype in encyclopedic medium (see above). Associated canon revelations are in front of everybody.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.