Worst Character in The Last Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Not_a_sock
Which character disappointed you the most in The Last Jedi and Why?

Tzeentch
Your poll sucks. Its possible to criticize a movie without being edgy about it.

Not_a_sock
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Your poll sucks. Its possible to criticize a movie without being edgy about it.
cuckoldry.

Nom de Guerre
Funny indeed. smokin'

cs_zoltan
The hotter sister should've lived and the fat f-uck should've died.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
The hotter sister should've lived and the fat f-uck should've died.

That is why she needed to die, to prevent her getting raped by your eyes. You will not find anything hot in TLJ!

AncientPower
'Character' implies personality. The only genuinely good thing about the ST is Kylo Ren.

Stigma
Originally posted by AncientPower
'Character' implies personality. The only genuinely good thing about the ST is Kylo Ren.
TBH I agree.

He is at least interesting. Too emo for my taste, but nevertheless interesting.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Not_a_sock
cuckoldry. Back to /pol/ with your buzzwords kiddo

You must be 13+ to post here

Not_a_sock
Back to /pol/ with your buzzwords kiddo

You must be 13+ to post here
Savage beat-down brobeans.

Calling someone a child is as outdated as believing Palpatine is still the most powerful sith.

The Ellimist
My opinion may change with a rewatch but as of now Rose is one of the worst characters in Star Wars.

Zenwolf
I think it's Hux, for someone who is suppose to be a high ranking officer...he doesn't come across as such.

Rose is a close second cause she really didn't do much of anything, saving Finn's life which almost put the whole Resistance on the cutting block was a little dumb.

Rockydonovang
hux, fcking hux

Nephthys
I don't really see what was so bad about Rose. A lot of racist, sexist bs floating around about her, disgustingly. I have to admit that I was also ignorant about the character by saying shes only in to sell in China (the actress is American and her parents were from Vietnam) but she was overall a good character imo.

I suspect its just a casualty of so many not getting the point of that subplot.

Rockydonovang
I didn't see any issue with the actor, what I took issue with was the character herself.

She just distracts from the story and is never offered any sort of meaningful depth to justify the role she has in the story or a relationship with Finn.

What annoyed me the most was when Finn was seeimngly sacrificing himself. What could have been a powerful moment was wasted for a kiss scene to start off a romance that was given no build up or development before.

We all got the point of the subplot, but there are ways to explore such a point without going on tangential detours.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't really see what was so bad about Rose. A lot of racist, sexist bs floating around about her, disgustingly. I have to admit that I was also ignorant about the character by saying shes only in to sell in China (the actress is American and her parents were from Vietnam) but she was overall a good character imo.

I suspect its just a casualty of so many not getting the point of that subplot.

Oh come on! We get it you like the ST, but it's not flawless, and Rose was a sub-Jar Jar character.

Rockydonovang
jar jar was pretty good when paired up with mace in season 6

Lord Stark
It's honestly crazy how I don't even like this film but I've in many ways had to turn into a staunch defender of it because half the critiques leveled against it are just wanton bigotry masked as shallow critique.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I didn't see any issue with the actor, what I took issue with was the character herself.

She just distracts from the story and is never offered any sort of meaningful depth to justify the role she has in the story or a relationship with Finn.

What annoyed me the most was when Finn was seeimngly sacrificing himself. What could have been a powerful moment was wasted for a kiss scene to start off a romance that was given no build up or development before.

This is probably what bothered me the most out of the movie, or at least one of the biggest things.

Sith Master X
Rose. Honestly added nothing to the story.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Lord Stark
It's honestly crazy how I don't even like this film but I've in many ways had to turn into a staunch defender of it because half the critiques leveled against it are just wanton bigotry masked as shallow critique. Pathetic, yeah.

And the point of Rose was to act as a foil for Finn over the course of the Canto Bight arc, and give him something to care about other than Rey. Was she super plot relevant? Not really. As a character though, perfectly likeable.

StiltmanFTW
So many to pick from...

Probably Rose, yeah.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Pathetic, yeah.

And the point of Rose was to act as a foil for Finn over the course of the Canto Bight arc, and give him something to care about other than Rey. Was she super plot relevant? Not really. As a character though, perfectly likeable.
A very poorly developed foil, yes.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
As a character though, perfectly likeable.

Probably the most retarded thing you ever said.

Beniboybling
From you I'll take that as a compliment. uhuh

DarthAnt66
I liked Rose a lot. Holdo's probably my least favorite SW character, though.

The Ellimist
Rose's kiss to Finn was one of the most random cringe moments in cinema IMO.

slayne
Rose made me want to kill myself, ngl.

Nephthys
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Oh come on! We get it you like the ST, but it's not flawless, and Rose was a sub-Jar Jar character.

https://media.giphy.com/media/zjQrmdlR9ZCM/giphy.gif

How?

Flyattractor
I chose "other" just so I could point out that only R2D2 was the ONLY character they got RIGHT in this POS Movie.

Tzeentch

I suspect its just a casualty of so many not getting the point of that subplot. Weak and unbelievable character development and a sub-plot that did nothing to improve the quality of the film as a whole.

You not getting it is to be expected. As you already basically admitted, your identity politics compels you to think she's a good character.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
We all got the point of the subplot, but there are ways to explore such a point without going on tangential detours.

Oh please, Han and Leia spend just as much time in ESB stuck on a random asteroid and running away from a giant space worm. The "detour" was essential to the plot and to Finn's character development.

Weak and unbelievable character development and a sub-plot that did nothing to improve the quality of the film as a whole.

You not getting it is to be expected. As you already basically admitted, your identity politics compels you to think she's a good character.

What was unbelievable about her? I agree that the apparent romance angle came out of nowhere but I'll withhold judgement on it until I see where they go with it. Other than that though she's a fine.

Sure, Jan. I admitted that I actually judged her negatively because of her race yet even then I liked her as a character. Theres nothing wrong with her.

Trocity
I have to admit that I was also ignorant about the character by saying shes only in to sell in China (the actress is American and her parents were from Vietnam)

LMAO! That is racist as f**k.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.