How powerful is Jiren FACTS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RadZoa
It's important to know that the manga and anime are TWO SEPARATE CONTINUITIES thus you CANNOT mix and match feats unless the OP specifically says you can use composite characters

That said, in the MANGA Jiren is most likely more powerful than a God of Destruction because it was specifically stated that he's more powerful than Belmod is.

HOWEVER the ANIME which is a DIFFERENT CONTINUITY

Whis said that Jiren's power enters the domain and possibly, POSSIBLY surpasses it, notice the key word possibly and that Whis knew little about Jiren outside of a rumor of him being someone even a GOD of Destruction could not defeat. Belmod even said that Jiren is someone that will never lose

is it possible that even anime Jiren is more powerful than any of the Gods of Destruction?

cdtm
Less powerful then Superman.

/thread

RadZoa
Cdtm you think you're cool but really? You're just room temperature cool

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anime Jiren is most likely more powerful than ALL of the Gods of Destruction, yes.

cdtm
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anime Jiren is most likely more powerful than ALL of the Gods of Destruction, yes.

If Toppo can replace the clown, and still considers Jiren stronger, then probably.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Jiren >> Toppo ~ Belmod becoming a thing would guarantee that Jiren is beyond all the hakaishin, yes.

NewGuy01
1 Jiren FACT is enough to destroy a star.

cdtm
Jiren facts are like Zimbabwe notes to Supermans US dollars.

carver9
Originally posted by NewGuy01

This guy is so irritating.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

laughing out loud

RadZoa
I agree that it would take Jiren 80% of his power to destroy one star. Remember DB Universes are micro in comparison to our universe. They only have 4 galaxies LMAO

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Based on?

Sj_Sharp
Originally posted by RadZoa
I agree that it would take Jiren 80% of his power to destroy one star. Remember DB Universes are micro in comparison to our universe. They only have 4 galaxies LMAO

To keep telling yourself your own headcanon won't actually make it true.

Galan007
Yeah, the notion that the DBU only has 4 individual galaxies is an archaic/ill-informed way of thinking nowadays, because it has since been retconned to hell in DBS...

https://i.imgur.com/hrCdMjw.gif

https://i.imgur.com/kT9QFD7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IW5F5dG.jpg

*And that's just ONE portion of ONE universe.

Also this:
https://i.imgur.com/yNi9Vaz.jpg

RadZoa
Each galaxy half the size of the Earth

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by RadZoa
Each galaxy half the size of the Earth
Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
To keep telling yourself your own headcanon won't actually make it true.

Josh_Alexander
Jiren is likely an inch bellow Beerus' level i would say.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma

No, he's right. Snake Way wraps around the universe and is only a million kilometers or some such.

The entire universe isn't even the distance to our closest star. It's tiiiiny.

Like Marvel's micro verse.

Galan007
Tbf, that's some old ass info which no longer holds any weight.

Jaco states there are "countless" galaxies in the DBU that are "JUST LIKE the Milky Way"... The fact that he explicitly uses the Milky Way as a reference tells us that each of these 'countless' galaxies are intended to be just as vast as the Milky Way.

*For a point of reference, the Milky Way galaxy is ~100,000 light years in diameter.

Nowadays it's clear that the DBU is intended to be the size of a standard universe as we know it... That's why it takes Whis(whose travel speed is massively FTL) so long to cross it, for example..

cdtm
No less old then Carver harping on Goku taken completely off guard and tanking a bullet as a kid, against modern Dragon Ball policy that characters need to actively maintain defenses (As Krillin demonstrated when he was shot.) wink

Obviously, the Goku of today would have been shot, too, if he was in kid Goku's place.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
No less old then Carver harping on Goku taken completely off guard and tanking a bullet as a kid, against modern Dragon Ball policy that characters need to actively maintain defenses (As Krillin demonstrated when he was shot.) wink

Obviously, the Goku of today would have been shot, too, if he was in kid Goku's place. Thing is, the notion that DB cosmology is so small/confined these days isn't just old... it is not longer canon at all. We now know there are "countless" galaxies within the DBU, and each one is "just like" the Milky Way. IOW, the whole "Snake Way wraps around the universe" thing is no longer relevant.

Further proof of this can be found in DBS itself. It took Whis 3 minutes to fly from King Kai's planet(which is obviously at the end of Snake Way) to earth. Flip side, it took Whis(traveling at max speed, mind you) ~3 hours to fly from earth to the Nameless Planet, at the edge of U7.

RadZoa
Dragon Balls Milky Way is only like...planet size..

carver9
Troll!!! Seems like CDTM on another acct.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Troll!!! Seems like CDTM on another acct.

^^^^^^^^^^ Only one troll here. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Galan007

Further proof of this can be found in DBS itself. It took Whis 3 minutes to fly from King Kai's planet(which is obviously at the end of Snake Way) to earth. Flip side, it took Whis(traveling at max speed, mind you) ~3 hours to fly from earth to the Nameless Planet, at the edge of U7.

If that's true, then it's hardly helpful to your case. It just means that the distance between earth and the end of the universe is only around 20,000,000 kilometers; a far, far cry from the distance between earth and the nearest solar system (roughly 145,000,000,000,000 kilometers). Calculating the distance between earth and namek, which are mapped on opposite sides of the universe, comes up hilariously short as well.

bbrem123
Why can people accept the DBS universe as being the same size as a normal universe?

cdtm
^ The same reason people accept a normal sword can cut them, even though they can tank planet busters.

Dragon Ball doesn't have remotely consistent anything.

bbrem123
Things get changed just like in comics man. You need to just accept it.

Being hurt by sword? Has to do with the Ki of the wielder. you should know this.

cdtm
No amount of ki stops weak Krillins disc. This proves they're far more vulnerable to cutting damage then they are to even Vegeta's final flash.

bbrem123
Not true but think what you want ha.

cdtm
Originally posted by bbrem123
Not true but think what you want ha.

If I had the skills, I'd make video of Snake Eyes bisecting Jiren. Bet I'd get a trillion views before I got slapped with a cease and desist, and wouldn't make a penny from it. sad

Kirikaze Fuuma
Don't forget that 1 million kilometers is just a distance between Kaio's Planet to King Enma's Palace. The total distance between Kaio's planet and Earth is surely more than that. We already have screenshots of Super Shenron and galaxy size comparison, which also showed lots of galaxies in DB Universe, and how Jaco stated there are countless galaxies like Milky Way in DB universe. People can say all they want about how DB universe is small based of some old and already retconned information, but proof is already against them.

Galan007
If that's true, then it's hardly helpful to your case. It just means that the distance between earth and the end of the universe is only around 20,000,000 kilometers; a far, far cry from the distance between earth and the nearest solar system (roughly 145,000,000,000,000 kilometers). Calculating the distance between earth and namek, which are mapped on opposite sides of the universe, comes up hilariously short as well. *Whis' travel speed can massively vary, though... It's hardly the constant you accounted for in your calcs. That's why I emphasized that he was traveling at 'max' speed when he flew from earth to the Nameless Planet(even though he can fly faster than that when he needs to, and nearly match IT, if ep. 69 is an indicator)... But that's neither here nor there.

The timeframes I gave merely serve as proof that Snake Way doesn't wrap around the DBU or w/e. That notion has been retconned to hell.

bbrem123
Earth to the sun is like 150,000,000 Kilometers.

NewGuy01
*Whis' travel speed can massively vary, though... It's hardly the constant you accounted for in your calcs. That's why I emphasized that he was traveling at 'max' speed when he flew from earth to the Nameless Planet(even though he can fly faster than that when he needs to, and nearly match IT, if ep. 69 is an indicator)... But that's neither here nor there.

The timeframes I gave merely serve as proof that Snake Way doesn't wrap around the DBU or w/e. That notion has been retconned to hell.

Can I get a source for it taking Whis 3 minutes to reach Earth from King Kai's planet, though?

Galan007
Can I get a source for it taking Whis 3 minutes to reach Earth from King Kai's planet, though?
http://i.imgur.com/UKtbQzAm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sPZdAAhm.jpg
-DBS ep. 05

cdtm
Impressive.

For Dragon Ball. Superman and Flash call that "training wheels" stick out tongue

RadZoa
I would say Whis vs Thor would be a fairly even match, we all agree no?

KingD19
Not really. Thor can't hit him.

cdtm
Well, judging by the fact sonar was used to predict their movements, that would make them sub sonic.

Thor's slower then light speed, but he's still much faster then street, imo.. He's blocked energy attacks from and dug trench's at super speed, for example.

KingD19
Well, judging by the fact sonar was used to predict their movements, that would make them sub sonic.

Thor's slower then light speed, but he's still much faster then street, imo.. He's blocked energy attacks from and dug trench's at super speed, for example.

He didn't fight against anyone using ultra instinct. So that doesn't
matter.

NewGuy01

-DBS ep. 05

Huh. Well for the sake of consistency I'll overlook it, since I'm a manga-only kind of guy, but... it's interesting to think that the fastest traveller in the known DB mythology is only ~600x faster than Saiyan Saga Goku, who went from King Kai's planet to earth in 28 hours.

And, well, that's also pretty vastly slower than light, by the way...

cdtm
Originally posted by KingD19
He didn't fight against anyone using ultra instinct. So that doesn't
matter.

Ultra Instinct only auto dodges, it doesn't make them any faster.

bbrem123
Huh. Well for the sake of consistency I'll overlook it, since I'm a manga-only kind of guy, but... it's interesting to think that the fastest traveller in the known DB mythology is only ~600x faster than Saiyan Saga Goku, who went from King Kai's planet to earth in 28 hours.

And, well, that's also pretty vastly slower than light, by the way... He didn't fly to earth, only the Check-In Station haha. What are you even talking about?

Accept it man. They are fast as Sh*t whether you like it or not.

bbrem123
Ultra Instinct only auto dodges, it doesn't make them any faster.

Not true. It seems to make them wayyyy faster. Look at Toppo and Dyspo. They couldn't even register his movements.

Galan007

And, well, that's also pretty vastly slower than light, by the way... Again, Whis' speed isn't a constant.

For example, at his 'best'(ie. ep. 69) he was able to travel from Beerus' planet to earth in about 10 seconds -- he literally covered that distance in the time it took for Goku to say the syllables "KA-ME-HA-ME" as he was charging a Kamehameha against Arale. For a point of reference: in DBS ep. 23, Whis said that it would take him ~35 minutes to fly from Beerus' planet to earth.

IOW, he can fly hundredS of times faster when he needs to.

KingD19
Also...Ultra Instinct auto dodges. Period. Thor can't hit him. His lightning can't hit him. How can he win?

NewGuy01
Because he can't maintain it, and it has no answer to AOE attacks that aren't laser mazes.

KingD19
Because he can't maintain it, and it has no answer to AOE attacks that aren't laser mazes.

What do you mean he can't maintain it? Whis and all the Angels seem to have Ultra Instinct as a natural ability. It's not something that just runs out like with Goku.

And cdtm doesn't seem to realize that Thor gets hit by normal speed and slow people all the time. He's not some speed demon. He can be fast, but it's far and few between. On the other hand, you can't touch Whis. Period.

His answer for other attacks is to attack back, or use his speed and flight to move out of the way.

cdtm
You crazy crazie's.

I call Carver "Crazy Carv", SSJGogeta "Grumpy Al"... King, I think I'll call "Mad Hatter".

Cause kings wear a hat.

"Matt" for short.

Yo Matt. thumb up

SSJGGogeta

And, well, that's also pretty vastly slower than light, by the way...

Goku only flew to the check-in station and was then teleported to Earth by Kami, you neanderthal.

Whiss flew to Earth from heaven in less than 3 minutes.

Even conceptually speaking, that sounds FTL. Not to mention that he flew across multiple hundreds of galaxies in just a few seconds when he fought the Minotaur guy. He waited for 2 minutes and 40 seconds according to Whiss, and then just popped up like it was the equivalent of a walk from his bed to his bedroom door, distance wise.

You're doing a bad job of lowballing here, dude. Not to mention that even back in the Saiyan saga, Goku was travelling Snake way while weakened and starving. His power has always been directly linked to how hungry/full he is. That entire feat is an outlier.

Not to mention that Goku has gone from planet busting in the Saiyan saga, to casual universe busting tiers in current. He's gotten infinitely stronger, to the point where Saiyan saga feats literally don't even matter anymore.

Saiyan saga Vegeta would have been considered among the highest of threat levels to the Justice League, or Avengers, and that level is literally not even on the radar of current DBS characters. You're intentionally lowballing, for God know's what reason, and it's destroying your credibility as a poster. Don't go down the same path as CDTM. It probably sucks to be treated as a joke by everyone- so I'd recommend you steer clear of posting idiocy on the level that he does.

TheTyrant
At least Eternity/Infinity level. Maybe Abraxas or something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.