Should Palpatine be banned from versus contests?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Palpatine is not a mortal being, loosing physical hosts do not stop him. And his latest showings indicate that he is too potent to consider for versus scenarios.

So shall we stop using this character for versus scenarios?

quanchi112
No, he lost to Windu. He barely got the better of Yoda who is the epitome of failure.

Azronger
No

Nephthys
(the joke is that SW_Legend made a similar thread about Valkorion)

relentless1
yes. Sidious is too OP for the rest of these pleb combatants

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by relentless1
yes. Sidious is too OP for the rest of these pleb combatants

I am happy you understand.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, he lost to Windu. He barely got the better of Yoda who is the epitome of failure.

Palpatine faked his defeat. Mace Windu have nothing on Palpatine. And Palpatine far became more powerful after events of Revenge of the Sith.

quanchi112
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenDofPT
Palpatine faked his defeat. Mace Windu have nothing on Palpatine. And Palpatine far became more powerful after events of Revenge of the Sith. No, you're wrong and to biased to probably be reasoned with. Windu disarmed him and won the duel. Sidious went from screaming he will kill him to feigning weakness only after he realized he couldn't defeat Windu on his own and needed to appeal to Anakin.

The Ellimist
rolling on floor laughing

S_W_LeGenDofPT
No, you're wrong and to biased to probably be reasoned with. Windu disarmed him and won the duel. Sidious went from screaming he will kill him to feigning weakness only after he realized he couldn't defeat Windu on his own and needed to appeal to Anakin.

You think Palpatine can be overcome by conventional means? This canon revelation says otherwise:

The new Sith could not be destroyed with a lightsaber; they could not be burned away by any torch of the Force. The brighter his light, the darker their shadow. How could one win a war against the dark, when war itself had become the dark's own weapon?

From (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)

Palpatine cannot be defeated by conventional methods, neither lightsabers nor the Force can beat him. Palpatine faked his defeat at hands of Mace Windu. Time you accepted this.

quanchi112
You think Palpatine can be overcome by conventional means? This canon revelation says otherwise:

The new Sith could not be destroyed with a lightsaber; they could not be burned away by any torch of the Force. The brighter his light, the darker their shadow. How could one win a war against the dark, when war itself had become the dark's own weapon?

From (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)

Palpatine cannot be defeated by conventional methods, neither lightsabers nor the Force can beat him. Palpatine faked his defeat at hands of Mace Windu. Time you accepted this. That isn't to be taken literally. You're to blind to see it though. One can't ever eliminate the light of the dark because both will always be present. It's rather obvious to anyone with a functioning brain but you instead want to push your false narrative. We see as Rey's power rose to match Kylo's without any training of her own. Both will always exist though the Sith died out.

Vader killed him without a saber by the way. laughing out loud

Sidious lost and Anakin saved him. It's that simple.

The Ellimist
This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

Nephthys
https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/6/d/suspense.001.gif

Pessimystic
Mace can defeat him, Yoda can defeat him, Tyrannus can defeat him and countless TOR characters pose a threat or win solidly.

S_W_LeGenDofPT

TenebrousWay
I agree, LeGenDofPT. Aayla Secura should be enough to cruise most of the other eras.

S_W_LeGenDofPT

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
I agree, LeGenDofPT. Aayla Secura should be enough to cruise most of the other eras.

Good. I am glad you understand proper ground realities of Palpatine and Star Wars as a whole.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Ellimist
This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Are you self harming in front of the mirror again ?

The Ellimist
Keep responding to S_W_LeGenDofPT and maybe when we've all had our fun laughing at you I'll tell you why. thumb up

quanchi112

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Only the quick quote button is working for ****s sake.

Hyperbole and you taking these words literally in typical biased fashion. I already refuted this garbage. Light will always exist as will darkness. Sidious and his Sith died out under his watch.

Did you not see what I posted? Palpatine extinguished light side. He is impenetrable shadow, therefore light cannot penetrate him. He is also immortal, so he will never go away. If he have extinguished light side and never go away, light will not exist. You have refuted nothing.

Palpatine allowed himself to be defeated to have fun. Have a look:

The Emperor's confidence rested on a sure knowledge of what he had become... and what the Dark Side could do for him. He seemed open to all the possibilities of the moment: Luke's death, Vader's death... even his own death.

No matter what the outcome of this terrible confrontation, he, Emperor Palpatine, would conquer.

From (Star Wars: Dark Empire )

Palpatine came back anyway so none of it mattered. He have his reasons. Here:

Soon he was ready to strike. Fully healed and in greater control of the Dark Side than ever, he finally acted to end the Mutiny. In the past, he had been content to let his "children" tear each other to shreds.

Such destruction would cull out the weak, the cowardly, and the stupid. Now that he was truly indestructible, he could afford to set his standards higher.

None of those struggling to seize power ever realized they were observed from the audience chambers on Byss. All things were weighed and considered by the Emperor. Spies moved everywhere with confidence, probing loyalty, checking for the most likely to prove worthy. Then, when the time was right, they were brought before him. Depending upon the person's reaction, the Emperor either rewarded their loyalty with a place in his new Empire or extinguished their lives. The incompetent and the recalcitrant were executed and their battalions decimated in the ancient, barbaric tradition, as a sign of his new, merciless posture. If by dying, they would make the survivors better servants, then so be it. There would always be throngs to replace them.

From (Star Wars: Dark Empire Sourcebook)

Palpatine wanted to test loyalty of his subjects to their limit and eliminate weak. Palpatine is a true genius TIER uber mastermind.

All my quotes are canon revelations.

The Ellimist
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAA

Freedon Nadd
Hyperboles do not prove that Sidious should be banned from versuses. Actually, he should, as well, with Vitiate. The Vitiots and the Palpatiniacs are everywhere.

Neither is Nihilus or Valkorion, or Exar Kun(in the novels) but we use them.
Even these three lost their bodies, but they could not be stopped. All of them survived in some way or another.

His latest showings don't indicate he is too potent for versus scenarions. It shows he was poorly written in the Dark Empire Trilogy, and that his descriptions and claims are taken out of context by most of the Sheevlings.

The Ellimist
lmfao

samappo
I like DE Palpatine, mostly for his style. He looks fkn awesome. Still though, if he and DE Luke fought on neutral ground, without Byss or without force harmony, Luke would lose outright, as of his DE incarnation. Imo anyway.

Then we must consider that the general consensus for power levels on this forum appears to be:

1. Luke
2. Palpatine

Almost consistently, meaning that there's only one person in the entire cosmos who can actually take DE Sidious.

quanchi112
Did you not see what I posted? Palpatine extinguished light side. He is impenetrable shadow, therefore light cannot penetrate him. He is also immortal, so he will never go away. If he have extinguished light side and never go away, light will not exist. You have refuted nothing.

Windu almost penetrated him but luckoly Anakin intervened. He also tried to flee from Yoda so this kind of eradicates your silly fanboyism he can't die. But wait there's more. He was killed by a one armed Vader without even a saber in his possession. A sad and pitiful death to a sad and pitiful character. Truly the Sith deserved a better send off but sometimes reality works out that way.
Utter nonsense. He came, he begged, he died screaming. What's truly ironic is no direct proof of the force or even a lightsaber was required to kill the little old bastard. Remember him for how he could scream all the way downnnnnnn

laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Hyperboles do not prove that Sidious should be banned from versuses. Actually, he should, as well, with Vitiate. The Vitiots and the Palpatiniacs are everywhere.

All my evidence are canon revelations. They have no hyperbole in them.

Vitiate should not be banned. Great many characters have capability to beat him.

Darth Nihilus, Valkorion and Exar Kun have not shed their limitations as mortals. Darth Nihilus's state of being have him slowly an heroing, Valkorion is fake and Exar Kun is cannot sustain himself outside nexus.

Nothing is taken out of context. Have a look:

The key to Luke's turning is the moment when he and Leia realize the Emperor is no longer defined by his physical form, but has become a chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space, tearing apart everything in the vicinity, human and machine.

Nothing can match such dark power...

From (Star Wars: Dark Empire )

Palpatine have official promotion as a being whose power nothing can match. What is point of including him in versus contests if nothing can match him?

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Originally posted by samappo
I like DE Palpatine, mostly for his style. He looks fkn awesome. Still though, if he and DE Luke fought on neutral ground, without Byss or without force harmony, Luke would lose outright, as of his DE incarnation. Imo anyway.

Then we must consider that the general consensus for power levels on this forum appears to be:

1. Luke
2. Palpatine

Almost consistently, meaning that there's only one person in the entire cosmos who can actually take DE Sidious.

Even the likes of "I" am surprised by member samappo's argumentation in favor of Palpatine.

http://rs1209.pbsrc.com/albums/cc392/geekinblue/Indiana%20Jones%20Livejournal%20Icons/hmm.jpg~c200

@member samappo

Now that you are closer then ever at experiencing the Dark Side, join the PT camp and help it in spreading its glory and reach across the galaxy.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/9/93477/4842769-886570-reborn_emperor.jpg

Before you join, you will have to swore an oath to never ever debate in favor of a TOR era character until "I" give you permission to.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Windu almost penetrated him but luckoly Anakin intervened. He also tried to flee from Yoda so this kind of eradicates your silly fanboyism he can't die. But wait there's more. He was killed by a one armed Vader without even a saber in his possession. A sad and pitiful death to a sad and pitiful character. Truly the Sith deserved a better send off but sometimes reality works out that way.
Utter nonsense. He came, he begged, he died screaming. What's truly ironic is no direct proof of the force or even a lightsaber was required to kill the little old bastard. Remember him for how he could scream all the way downnnnnnn

laughing out loud

You dare question my authority?

"You will pay the price for your lack of vision!"

Now shoo before I fap you with my trustworthy fly swatter.

All hail the LeGenDary Palpatine.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/9/93477/4842769-886570-reborn_emperor.jpg

Pessimystic
He kinda looks like an even gayer David Bowie

quanchi112
You dare question my authority?

"You will pay the price for your lack of vision!"

Now shoo before I fap you with my trustworthy fly swatter.

All hail the LeGenDary Palpatine.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/9/93477/4842769-886570-reborn_emperor.] Dude, Sheev is a poor man's Snoke. Snoke would decimate the David Bowie lookalike who later developed bad posture.

Sinious
It must be limiting for your trolling to know that Snoke is very explicitly trying to be like Sidious in every way possible, lol.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sinious
It must be limiting for your trolling to know that Snoke is very explicitly trying to be like Sidious in every way possible, lol. False, Snoke wanted to kill Luke not suck his dick. Sidious wanted the man's cock at all costs while his father watched. When his father wouldn't allow this he didn't even need both hands to dispatch the weak old man.

Snoke is superior to Sidious in every single manner. Greater force power, more powerful First Order, greater wom, greater tech, etc.

The Ellimist
Palpatine teleports and force storms from across the galaxy tbh

Freedon Nadd
Canon revelations? You sound like a Sheevite. Yes, those are hyperboles to make you familiar with the nature of the character. It's like when Vitiate was described as a black void or something like that in the Revan novel.

I take it that by 'great', you mean op as f**k? The Ones, Bedlam Spirits, Nihilus, etc

Neither did Sidious. laughing That's why he needed clone bodies. Otherwise his Sith spirit would vanish. Just like other Sith, he needs a focal point to pinpoint his essence.

Darth Nihilus transferred his spirit into a holocron, Valkorion/Vitiate had Voices and could still 'live' as a spirit when he unleashed a wave of dark side energy on Ziost.
And Exar Kun, just like Sidious, needed a body too.

So, I don't see your point.

Yes, because he is no longer 'human', he is a monster; he lost his humanity; his spirit is fully tainted with the darkness. He became a manifestation/a living focal point of the dark side. So was Exar Kun and Vitiate; even Drew wrote in the Darth Bane novels that Kaan 'seemed to be an embodiment of the dark side', a similar description was given to Malgus by Satele Shan in SW: TOR: Deceived. And these two are not on Sidious' level of power. Being a living dark side nexus has nothing to do with your personal power but rather with the dark side corroding and corrupting your 'pure' spiritual essence.

And, if you are aware with DE Sidious' abilities; you would realize that the reason for which Luke and Leia feel that Palpatine is a dark nexus is due to his power of creating Force storms by manipulating dark side energies around him(keep in mind that this is from their point of view; and they don't know how this power of creating storms works). Even, so, he is described as a dark side nexus by Luke and Leia; you see him as such through their own eyes(perception)

It doesn't talk about Palpatine himself. It refers to his Force storm ability.
And he was defeated; and thus the last line proves to be false. wink

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Palpatine teleports and force storms from across the galaxy tbh

Assuming he is doing that from his personnal flagship.

Sinious
False, Snoke wanted to kill Luke not suck his dick. Sidious wanted the man's cock at all costs while his father watched. When his father wouldn't allow this he didn't even need both hands to dispatch the weak old man.

Snoke is superior to Sidious in every single manner. Greater force power, more powerful First Order, greater wom, greater tech, etc. Kek that's cause Palpatine was strong enough to dominate him. Snoke was afraid of him and believed that only another Skywalker can kill Luke.

Also, Tempest already explained to you why First Order doesn't compare as an army.

samappo
Not sure if Legend_PT is praising me or attacking me ... lmfao

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sinious
Kek that's cause Palpatine was strong enough to dominate him. Snoke was afraid of him and believed that only another Skywalker can kill Luke.

Also, Tempest already explained to you why First Order doesn't compare as an army. He admits he was wrong in the film. Sidious was also wrong about turning Luke. Snoke recognizes true Jedi and wanted to kill them.

Snoke was going to kill him. Luke was hiding out on a planet waning to die like a *****.

laughing out loud

Lots of,people say lots of things. I respect those who would accept a one on one judged debate. The rest is just posturing.

At the end of the trilogy if you think you can prove the empire from the films can defeat the First Order by all means let's proceed. I imagine you don't want any part in this challenge either.

samappo
Vast numerical majority and Thrawn.

Oh that's right, Hux is just as good based on no evidence whatsoever.

quanchi112
Vast numerical majority and Thrawn.

Oh that's right, Hux is just as good based on no evidence whatsoever. So what ?

Look what the Abomb can do. You don't need a massive invasion. Starkiller itself would cause the empire massive panic as the planets would fall very quickly. They also have fleet killers with the dreadnought and every piece of tech, ground walkers, and ships in general are superior. Hux was quite good at getting shit done so stop. He's not some dumb retard like Tarkin.

samappo
I have issues with all of that, but:

Why is Tarkin a dumb retard?

relentless1

Why is Tarkin a dumb retard?

well he was pretty f u c k in ignorant for staying on the Death Star after they found a weakness and told him about it

quanchi112

Why is Tarkin a dumb retard? If you don't know why I suggest rewatching rogue one and then ANH right after. Get back to me after you've completed your homework.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.