Snoke vs Emperor of Mankind 40k

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Snoke takes on the Pre-Heresy Emperor from 40K in one on one combat.

Who wins?

Bonus: The First Order takes on the Pre-Heresy IOM in an all-out war.

TethAdamTheRock
Any videos for the emperor?

playa1258
There is many books .

The Ellimist
lol

playa1258
Quan will still argue for Snoke LMAO.

BruceSkywalker
is this thread even viable lol?

playa1258
It's fiction so why not.

Surtur
Emperor rips out Snokes soul just for giggles.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Any videos for the emperor?

All you really need to know is that this match is about as competitive as a Rottweiler versus a Chihuahua.

TheVaultDweller
You might like 40k though. They basically have their own version of Kratos. Meet Angron, one of the angriest guys around lol:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/01/cf/e801cf49863877fb3e48f715a1c30854.jpg

playa1258
Angron could give Hulk a run for his money in the anger department.

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
It's fiction so why not.

Probably because this is the "movie vs" forum and not the "fiction vs".

TheVaultDweller
Angron could give Hulk a run for his money in the anger department.

Well, to be fair, the guy has a parasitic machine stuck to his brain that literally forces him to be angry 24/7.

playa1258
Kinda like Quan.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
You might like 40k though. They basically have their own version of Kratos. Meet Angron, one of the angriest guys around lol:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/01/cf/e801cf49863877fb3e48f715a1c30854.jpg

where cab i plsy or read this?

playa1258
Black Library is a good place to start.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
where cab i plsy or read this?

Well, to actually play Warhammer 40,000 on tabletop is absurdly expensive nowadays. So, I would not recommend that unless you have a lot of extra cash lying around. There are quite a few different video games out by now (from shooters to real-time strategy), but none are really anything to write home around (though I liked the original Dawn of War games, mostly because of how it crapped on established canon lol).

However, as mentioned above, the Black Library is the source of all the Warhammer 40k-related novels and such. And there is a HUGE list of books at this point, stretching back from the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy era (which is where the Imperium of Man first conquered the galaxy) to the more modern Time of Ending (where everything is going to shit, and only Papa Smurf can stem the tide), which is about a 10,000 year time frame.

Here is a list of currently existing novels and novel series:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Novels

BruceSkywalker
Well, to actually play Warhammer 40,000 on tabletop is absurdly expensive nowadays. So, I would not recommend that unless you have a lot of extra cash lying around. There are quite a few different video games out by now (from shooters to real-time strategy), but none are really anything to write home around (though I liked the original Dawn of War games, mostly because of how it crapped on established canon lol).

However, as mentioned above, the Black Library is the source of all the Warhammer 40k-related novels and such. And there is a HUGE list of books at this point, stretching back from the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy era (which is where the Imperium of Man first conquered the galaxy) to the more modern Time of Ending (where everything is going to shit, and only Papa Smurf can stem the tide), which is about a 10,000 year time frame.

Here is a list of currently existing novels and novel series:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Novels

thank Vault

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thank Vault

No problem. Recommending specific novels/series can be difficult though, because there is a lot of variety. Novels about different factions/races, set at different points in time etc. For example, a novel following an Imperial Inquisitor (think Spanish Inquistion on steroids derived from SS-serum lol) is going to be a lot different to one about the Eldar (basically the 40k version of Space Elves).

Though the pic I linked initially was of Great Crusade/Horus Heresy-era Angron. So, the Horus Heresy series could be a starting point if that's what caught your eye.

Edit: And I forgot to mention, the bonus round is an even worse stomp than the one-on-one match. Hell, the Emperor and his flying Golden City + the 18 Primarch Flagships alone are going to be a nightmare for the First Order to deal with. Never mind the rest of the Legion fleets, or the thousands of other warships and countless billions of soldiers of the Imperial Army & Navy they have. And then the Mechanicum on top of that.

playa1258
The First two Dawn of War games were pretty good and the Space Marine game from a few years ago was good too.

The Ultramarines CGI movie was beyond horrid and I'm hoping we get a proper 40K adaption one day.

TheVaultDweller
It's really not an exaggeration to say the Ultramarines movie was just irredeemably awful. It'd be great to get a big-budget, live-action 40k film, but it'd be a huge gamble on behalf of whichever studio takes it on. Because you would need a pretty sizable budget in order to do things justice. Even if you adapted something with less large-scale action, like one of Abnett's Eisenhorn novels, you'd still need to create all the different worlds, costumes etc. which wouldn't be cheap. And then you have to pour this money in and hope it finds an audience. Now, it is hardly impossible, but it is still a risk.

Plus, there is so much lore in 40k, you'd need to find something that can ease the general audience into the universe.

Darkstorm Zero
This thread goes into the the all vs forum, not here. That said, GEoM is overkill... by a lot.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
That said, GEoM is overkill... by a lot.

I think that's the point. The list of 40k characters well below the Emperor who could kill Snoke is pretty damn long.

Surtur
I think that's the point. The list of 40k characters well below the Emperor who could kill Snoke is pretty damn long.

It would be funny to see Snoke go up against Horus.

TheVaultDweller
Honestly, I could see Snoke going down to a decently experienced IG Primaris Psyker.

playa1258
Horus would laugh at Snokes force powers.

StealthRanger
Or Snoke against Sanguinius

playa1258
Sanguinius is arguably the strongest Primarch. He would crush Snoke as easily as Elephant crushes a Lady Bug.

TheVaultDweller
Eh, the whole strongest Primarch debate has never really been conclusive, because various characters have different opinions/criteria etc. by which they judge. For example, in terms of pure raw, destructive power they can unleash, I would probably put Magnus the Red at the top. The guy was pretty much wrecking and warping the entire landscape when he finally took to the field during the Siege of Prospero. But I highly doubt he would be able to defeat Angron in pure fisticuffs. And then most Primarchs have giant egos and think they themselves are the best at everything lol, though it should be noted that Corax was scared of facing Angron, but was confident he could have defeated both Lorgar and Curze. Now, whether he actually could have is another story. But just the contrast between his beliefs of his chances during those two instances says a lot.

Anyway, any Primarch, even pre-Chaos Lorgar (back when he still sucked at fighting), would flatten Snoke.

playa1258
Primarchs are one of the hardest groups of characters to rank. Each having varying skill sets for different types of battles.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, that's why I never pay the "who is the best" discussions all that much attention. Too many variables. Different Primarchs excel in different areas (such as strength, speed, toughness, fighting prowess etc.). Or use different tactics to get the same job done. Perturabo's Iron Warriors would pick apart a fortress like they're disassembling some Lego, whereas Corax and his Raven Guard would most likely ninja their way inside instead. World Eaters would probably deep strike their drop pods through the fortress walls lol.

Surtur
By the end of this fight Snoke will be all....

https://i.imgur.com/8qwoJ5s.jpg

playa1258
Emperor stops Snokes heart with a glance.

TheVaultDweller
Well, as I pointed out previously, Snoke as an individual character wouldn't really be very far up in 40k, power-wise. I mean there are literally thousands of psykers who could probably use the Warp to replicate anything Snoke can do via the Force (such as some Inquisitors, Space Marine Librarians, Grey Knights etc.). And that's just getting into Imperial psykers. That's not even getting into the Eldar, Tyranids, Chaos forces etc. or getting into the non-psykers who could pose a threat to him (any Vindicare worth their salt should be able to put a bullet through Snoke's eye and get away without issues, given the level of competence the First Order has shown).

playa1258
Not to mention 40K characters are far more vicious. A powerful psyker would have no qualms with turning Snokes blood into acid.

TheVaultDweller
Speaking of powerful psykers, I actually just started on Black Legion, after having read The Talon of Horus some time ago. Khayon is an absolute monster. Even though Ahriman by implied power is above him (IIRC, Magnus himself claimed that Ahriman's power always shone the brightest among his sons), Khayon has pulled off some ridiculous crap. The guy literally telekinetically threw a spaceship at a planet, after lugging it across several light years, over a period of months.

playa1258
I just finished Master of Mankind. I Will look into that next.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, these novels are interesting, as it basically chronicles the founding of the Black Legion. It shows you that they aren't simply re-branded Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus.

Another decent set of books is the Ahriman series. Khayon makes an appearance there as well. He and Ahriman seem to have somewhat of a rivalry going. Though those books prove that there is a reason Magnus is one of Tzeentch's greatest servants (trolls).

Surtur
Emperor stops Snokes heart with a glance.

Shocking, so very shocking. I am so shocked I have this look on my face:

https://i.imgur.com/8qwoJ5s.jpg

TheVaultDweller
Considering what an arrogant POS the Emperor is, he would probably make Snoke kneel. Like he did to the entire Word Bearers Legion.

Which just shows you how absurdly powerful that guy is. A 100,000 strong (IIRC) superhuman fighting force, capable of conquering entire planets in days, and he rendered them all powerless with a single thought.

playa1258
Kneel or Die, sounds good. Snoke dies either way.

TheVaultDweller
That's one thing Master of Mankind conveyed pretty well IMO. What a cold, ruthless bastard the Emperor really is. Like the bit where he is examining Angron and the Butcher's Nails, with that techpriest. So many Primarchs going on about their "father" who they want to impress. To him, they were pretty much just tools. A means to an end.

playa1258
Everyone with maybe the exception of the Custodes is tools for the Emperor and even then he used one of them to trap Drach'nyen.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, even the Custodians were tools, really. Like when he hears about Custodian casualties, his reaction is more like someone who just heard their favourite screwdriver went missing, rather than someone who lost a friend.

I guess Malcador was relatively close, but that's one guy who has known him for ages. Speaking of, some of the other Perpetuals knew him before he took on the whole Emperor title. Like John Grammaticus & Ollanius Persson. I think that other Perpetual maniac who works for the Cabal, Damon Prytanis, also knew him from way back.

playa1258
John Grammaticus would take Snoke let alone the Emperor.

Robtard
It's really not an exaggeration to say the Ultramarines movie was just irredeemably awful. It'd be great to get a big-budget, live-action 40k film, but it'd be a huge gamble on behalf of whichever studio takes it on. Because you would need a pretty sizable budget in order to do things justice. Even if you adapted something with less large-scale action, like one of Abnett's Eisenhorn novels, you'd still need to create all the different worlds, costumes etc. which wouldn't be cheap. And then you have to pour this money in and hope it finds an audience. Now, it is hardly impossible, but it is still a risk.

Plus, there is so much lore in 40k, you'd need to find something that can ease the general audience into the universe.

Feel the same, would love a huge studio to take on WH40k, but it's not going to happen, the chances of making a profit on a 250-300million 40k film is a massive risk with this franchise.

They could sum up the story for those unfamiliar to the franchise with a Star Wars-like word crawl and/or voice over of the opening of every book: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies..." You know the rest.

Though I'd even be happy if we got quality 70-80min animated films, like what DC does. Direct to DVD and download, there's enough 40K fans to make that profitable, plus if would introduce new fans to the franchise,

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Robtard
Feel the same, would love a huge studio to take on WH40k, but it's not going to happen, the chances of making a profit on a 250-300million 40k film is a massive risk with this franchise.

They could sum up the story for those unfamiliar to the franchise with a Star Wars-like word crawl and/or voice over of the opening of every book: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies..." You know the rest.

Though I'd even be happy if we got quality 70-80min animated films, like what DC does. Direct to DVD and download, there's enough 40K fans to make that profitable, plus if would introduce new fans to the franchise,

That'd be awesome, the 40k universe is so metal, its unfortunate that it isn't present in more media. I don't really have the time or attention span anymore to slog through several hundred page novels, or dedicate days on end to table top games.

Robtard
I've never played the game, but I do enjoy reading the novels still. Just started 'The Emperor's Gift', my first real dive into the Grey Knights chapter

playa1258
I think an animated series or a series of animated films on Netflix would be the way to go. Live action would be hard because of scale, production design and the sheer violence of the setting.

40k is no PG-13 fairy fest.

TheVaultDweller
There have been some decent-looking fan animation stuff, but the progress is extremely slow going, because they obviously don't have any real budget to work with.

I mean compare this:

cZc6cr6G2E4

To this turd-blossom:

tsvCLG1QZjs

TheVaultDweller
I think an animated series or a series of animated films on Netflix would be the way to go. Live action would be hard because of scale, production design and the sheer violence of the setting.

40k is no PG-13 fairy fest.

Yeah, it's not exactly kid-friendly stuff you can market to the masses, like the MCU, for example.

Imagine showing a 10-year-old what the Dark Eldar do for fun lol.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Robtard

They'd still need a relatively basic plot to a kick-off movie though. Like Guardsman/Space Marines vs Orks or something. Delving deeply into Chaos or Inquisition plots (because of all the backstory), for example, might be a bit jarring to some new people. But I guess it's doable if they could get the right script written.

Because, I suppose in one way, if they told a smaller story (like following an Inquisitor and their retinue, for example) they wouldn't really have to worry about large-scale battles and such, which saves money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.