ANNOUNCEMENT - KMC's 2018 'Most Powerful Star Wars Characters' Official List!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I plan on creating a master list that reflects the average opinion of KMC on who the top twenty-five most powerful Star Wars characters are.

To accomplish this, I will creating be twenty-five thread polls across January into February where members will vote who is #1, #2, #3, etc.

- Nine character options will be offered in the poll, along with a tenth "other" option where you can write in an answer if you don't like any selected.

- In many instances, multiple "other" options will be written in the description of the thread because of the 10-poll cap for each thread.

- If you vote a character that does not get selected that round, you should, obviously, vote for that character again until he is selected.

- Each poll thread will close after 48 hours from when it is published. A new thread will be created once the one previously has expired.

- It would be helpful, although it is not mandatory, for members to write who they voted for in the thread in case a recount is ever needed.

The conditions for the characters are as follows:

- All characters are strictly in their Legends incarnation and are at peak combative (not potential) capabilities under normal conditions (no external amplifies or other temporary boosts are to be considered). All characters are at peak mental mindset while maintaining an accurate portrayal of their mindset and beliefs (morals on). Lightsaber skill and related abilities (such as physical strength, speed, etc.) is to be considered if relevant.

All rules are subject to change depending on community feedback.

The Ellimist
edit on Ant's request

Azronger
Is this just "most powerful" in terms of raw power/TK output etc. or "who would win in a fight"? Because there is a difference

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Azronger
Is this just "most powerful" in terms of raw power/TK output etc. or "who would win in a fight"? Because there is a difference
This will be Legends continuity only and will reflect their peak combative power displayed under normal conditions.

The Ellimist
Not super scientific but still a good idea, you are very wise and powerful thumb up

Azronger
Will lightsabers factor in or just Force only? Morals on or off (I'd prefer the latter to avoid inconsistensies and PIS)?

The Ellimist
Also do we actually debate?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Azronger
Will lightsabers factor in or just Force only? Morals on or off (I'd prefer the latter to avoid inconsistensies and PIS)?
I added the following segment to the rules:

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Also do we actually debate?
You are welcome to debate so that hesitant members can read your posts and decide accordingly.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You are welcome to debate so that hesitant members can read your posts and decide accordingly.

Do you wanna give a pros/cons list in the OP, trusting that you'll be fair?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Do you wanna give a pros/cons list in the OP, trusting that you'll be fair?
I'll let members handle that in the comments.

The Ellimist
As we discussed, we're presumably doing runoffs if necessary as just counting the top votes doesn't work (people will split by common overlapping groups of support, etc.)

DarthAnt66
ADDITIONAL RULES / REVISED CHANGES:

After each poll thread is completed, another poll thread will be created with the two most-voted characters from the previous poll. The winner of that second poll thread will be cemented into the pending ranking.

---

The initial poll thread will remain opened for 48 hours. The second poll thread will be open for 24 hours. The intent is to ensure a safety net, thus why it is less than the intital poll thread.

If under a quarter of the amount of members who voted for the first poll thread vote on the second, the results of the first are upheld. If early poll threads fail to reach this quota, the rules will be revised.

---

If five or more members call for a recount or redo on the secondary poll thread, then a duplicate thread will be created and granted 48 hours for voting.

samappo
Great idea. Once I have access to my computer I'm gonna be involved in debating and discussion on a more serious note.

Prof. T.C McAbe
How official will this List be? Will it be approved by Lucasfilms?

Beniboybling
hopefully

DarthAnt66
If Disney is publishing SuperShadow, they might as well publish us.

samappo
The problem with ROTS Anakin or possibly Knightfall Anakin as well is that he's a complete wildcard. Context dictates how he goes in any scenario unless it's a clear win. He can go from losing to Dooku to outdueling ROTS Sheev, to losing to an 8 as a 9.

Especially if it's morals on for ROTS Anakin, which means he's holding back his emotions, he can't really beat anyone significant unless he's let go, which is basically Knightfall.

S_W_LeGenDofPT
Palpatine is most powerful IMO. After him Bedlam Spirits.

TenebrousWay
Do a top 50 list like Azronger did on CV. Maybe it'll help to increase activity here as well.

NewGuy01
Don't do that, actually.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Don't do that, actually.

sad

Geistalt
As long as you use Knightfall Vader instead of cyborg Vader.

DarthAnt66
I'll be having two incarnations of Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader available - pre-suit (Operation: Knightfall) and post-suit.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Plus, members can vote for a different character come the secondary poll thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.