Kylo Ren is a better villain than Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
I called this years ago. Posters such as Darth Thor, Robtard, etc. resisted because they love Darth Vader but it's painfully obvious while I'm not alone with my predictions from years back. I am going to start rubbing in my predictions turned reality here so expect to be triggered.

https://screenrant.com/kylo-ren-better-villain-darth-vader/

laughing out loud

-Pr-
No, he isn't.

juggerman
I wonder if there are completely subjective articles that would say the opposite....

reading

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
No, he isn't. Based on what ?

-Pr-
Originally posted by juggerman
I wonder if there are completely subjective articles that would say the opposite....

reading

I would imagine so.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what ?

I'd imagine the fact that he doesn't need a clickbaity, strangely written article on screenrant to make his case for him, for starters.

Otherwise? The only thing Kylo really has over him is that Adam Driver has more room to actually flex his acting ability.

quanchi112
I would imagine so.

I'd imagine the fact that he doesn't need a clickbaity, strangely written article on screenrant to make his case for him, for starters.

Otherwise? The only thing Kylo really has over him is that Adam Driver has more room to actually flex his acting ability. Its an opinion just as you have an opinion. If you can't make a case for Vader then just say you like him more. He doesn't really possess a wide range of emotions in the Ot. Kylo is quite nuanced and he's constantly evolving in the films throughout multiple scenes unlike Vader.

-Pr-
Its an opinion just as you have an opinion. If you can't make a case for Vader then just say you like him more. He doesn't really possess a wide range of emotions in the Ot. Kylo is quite nuanced and he's constantly evolving in the films throughout multiple scenes unlike Vader.

What case would I make that hasn't been made a thousand times before? Better written, more intimidating, better screen-presence. Better character arc. Better characters to play off of. More emotionally resonant. I can give you more to just blindly ignore if you wish.

I do like Vader more, but unlike some people, that doesn't influence all my opinions.

quanchi112
What case would I make that hasn't been made a thousand times before? Better written, more intimidating, better screen-presence. Better character arc. Better characters to play off of. More emotionally resonant. I can give you more to just blindly ignore if you wish.

I do like Vader more, but unlike some people, that doesn't influence all my opinions. So you basically like him more and the Ot films more. There isn't much to him in the Ot's save a quick hero turn. We see every experience Kylo has and the effect it has as he evolves. Vader didn't have that journey in the Ot. He just jumped ship in one scene. I also see Ren's impulsivity as a more interesting turn since you can't really predict what he's going to do. Vader was more impulsive in rots.

I find everything about Kylo from his look, to his saber, to his unpredictability, to his greatest trait over Vader the selfishness in him. He is doing what's right for him. Vader did what's right for Luke. Kylo is a much better villain since he's a villain choosing his own way whereas Vader was always just a broken sycophant strung along by Sidious. Vader is a truly tragic victim.

dadudemon
I called this years ago. Posters such as Darth Thor, Robtard, etc. resisted because they love Darth Vader but it's painfully obvious while I'm not alone with my predictions from years back. I am going to start rubbing in my predictions turned reality here so expect to be triggered.

laughing out loud

The only way to prove this point would be to poll the masses and ensure your population sample is representative.

Edit - Personally, I don't really see Kylo as a Villain. He will be one in the third movie, I think. He has been flipping all around and has not been a solid villain, just yet. The author of the article seems to miss that point which should come off as insulting to the writers of Ren's character.

-Pr-
So you basically like him more and the Ot films more. There isn't much to him in the Ot's save a quick hero turn. We see every experience Kylo has and the effect it has as he evolves. Vader didn't have that journey in the Ot. He just jumped ship in one scene. I also see Ren's impulsivity as a more interesting turn since you can't really predict what he's going to do. Vader was more impulsive in rots.

I find everything about Kylo from his look, to his saber, to his unpredictability, to his greatest trait over Vader the selfishness in him. He is doing what's right for him. Vader did what's right for Luke. Kylo is a much better villain since he's a villain choosing his own way whereas Vader was always just a broken sycophant strung along by Sidious. Vader is a truly tragic victim.

That's not what I said, but it was considerate of you to get the whole dismissive thing done early in the thread so that you've removed any impulse I'd have to respond to you after this.

You like Kylo. That's cool. He's an interesting character.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dadudemon
The only way to prove this point would be to poll the masses and ensure your population sample is representative.

Edit - Personally, I don't really see Kylo as a Villain. He will be one in the third movie, I think. He has been flipping all around and has not been a solid villain, just yet. The author of the article seems to miss that point which should come off as insulting to the writers of Ren's character. One can't ever prove a subjective subject IMO. I'm just saying another site agrees with me. I called this years back. I would venture to guess most Star Wars fans prefer Vader. To deny Kylo is more nuanced is serious folly though. I'm in the minority in favoring the new trilogy over the originals.

dadudemon
One can't ever prove a subjective subject IMO. I'm just saying another site agrees with me. I called this years back. I would venture to guess most Star Wars fans prefer Vader. To deny Kylo is more nuanced is serious folly though. I'm in the minority in favoring the new trilogy over the originals.

And your opinion is nuanced, imo. I think you and Firefly do a very good job of defending your positions.

And this is what is great about the writing in the new Star Wars movie, TLJ: it has us talking about it and anticipating the third movie. From that point, TFA and TLJ have been a success. The business keeps moving and we get more movies. That's got to make the Star Wars fans, happy, right?

To not take us off topic and to stay on the thread...I gotta say, I think Kylo's character is better done/written in TLJ than TFA. It was a step up. His acting was better, too. Rian IS a good writer and director.

Bentley
Depends a lot on what you expect from a villain. Darth Vader despite the iconic status of the OT is a rather inexpressive character for most of it. But when you insert him into the whole narrative of the series you realize this shrouded personality still remains mysterious and that details end up eluding the viewer.

For example, Vader seems to respect Peter Cushing's character over the entirety of the first film and largely treats him at his equal. As more knowledge about Vader comes afloat the viewer starts to realize that this goes unexplained and open to interpretation. This is not some sort of trait that is meant to suggest future progress of the character, be relevant to the plot nor anything ilke that, there seems to be something about how Vader functions that mostly escapes us.

In my opinion Kylo Ren is indirectly hurt by the focus in his character progression, given him too many traits that are plot relevant and very little depth as far as gratuitous things go. We get to see where Kylo fits exactly in each of these films, with too much hand holding, too little second hand information, too many emotions and personal development and too little of how he fits in the universe. This makes him less satisfying somehow for me, I even surprise myself caring more about Commander Hux as he is clearly flawed and petty, but he rises to the occasion at times and seemingly learns from the mistakes of others.

I think what I mean is... That both Hux and Moff Tarkin are better than these darkside villains wannabes uhuh

Impediment
Darth Vader has 100 times the presence of Kylo Ren.

Vader is a cultural icon.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Impediment

Vader is a cultural icon. Exactly.

Kylo Ren is a wannabe.

Flyattractor
Buy Kylo is so Bad Arse that He didn't even need to get that Gut Wound he got in TFA fixed in TLJ. He only needed to put some electric tape on his cheek scratch.

BruceSkywalker
I actually see Kylo/Ben more as an antihero than a villain

Flyattractor
Yeah cause helping to MURDER a few BILLION PEOPLE is what Anti heroes do.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment

Vader is a cultural icon. Iyo not mine. Vader has always been overrated and as I said he doesn't have the nuance of Kylo Ren nor did he ever butcher a family member. Vader is more popular I agree but I never went with the masses for the most part. I blaze my own trail.

Flyattractor
Iyo not mine. Vader has always been overrated and as I said he doesn't have the nuance of Kylo Ren nor did he ever butcher a family member. Vader is more popular I agree but I never went with the masses for the most part. I blaze my own trail.

laughing

Impediment
"I blaze my own trail!!!11!1!"

creepgrin

Ridley_Prime
Even if it made him a Vader wannabe, I still prefer Kylo before he took off his mask. When we saw his face/identity that early in the trilogy was when he lost a lot of cool points for me.

Still, I'll take Adam Driver over Hayden Christensen, but that's not saying much.

Beniboybling
Apples and oranges comparison, they are both great anatagonists but serve considerably different purposes for the plot.

playa1258
Another click bait article from the retards at Screen Rant. Vader is more iconic, popular and well developed than Kylo is.

Vader currently has the best Star Wars comic on the market further fueling his development and iconic status with Vader's rampage in R1 being the best scene so far in Disney Star Wars.

Many consider Vader the best Star Wars character for a reason. Kylo will never reach that level.

All Kylo has going for him is Adam Driver being a much better actor than Hayden.

Silent Master
It's official, quan is a hipster.

StiltmanFTW
No, he isn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
laughing You are so jelly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Apples and oranges comparison, they are both great anatagonists but serve considerably different purposes for the plot. I prefer oranges to apples. Or in Star Wars terms I prefer Kylo Ren to Darth Vader.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Another click bait article from the retards at Screen Rant. Vader is more iconic, popular and well developed than Kylo is.

Vader currently has the best Star Wars comic on the market further fueling his development and iconic status with Vader's rampage in R1 being the best scene so far in Disney Star Wars.

Many consider Vader the best Star Wars character for a reason. Kylo will never reach that level.

All Kylo has going for him is Adam Driver being a much better actor than Hayden. This isn't about popularity you turd. You are a lemming and it's fine that you like a damaged victim like Vader who was tricked into servitude for decades by Sidious. He was quite sad and quite tragic. He let his mother and Padme slip through his fingers.

laughing out loud

Darth Thor

AuraAngel
Kylo's character arc isn't complete so comparing the two seems a bit unfair.

I mean episode IX would have to have Kylo do something really impressive character wise to compete with someone literally considered one of the greatest antagonists in all of film lol.

quanchi112

BackFire
I agree with the OP's premise. I think Kyle Ren is the best villain in the entire series. He's far more engaging and nuanced than Vader and has more depth already. Also Adam Driver is an excellent actor and does a great job with the character. I think Ren is probably the greatest achievement to come out of the new SW movies.

steverules_2
This isn't about popularity you turd. You are a lemming.

Is playa a turd or a lemming?? Or a lemming turd perhaps? Let's discuss this and come to a conclusion we can all agree on

quanchi112
Not Dom hard but rather

** don't care

Edit function isn't working. Kmc you are a cruel mistress.

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
Is playa a turd or a lemming?? Or a lemming turd perhaps? Let's discuss this and come to a conclusion we can all agree on He is a turd that happens to be a lemming. You see it's possible to be a turd without being a lemming but playa seems to follow the pack everywhere they go.

Darth Thor

quanchi112

playa1258
Originally posted by steverules_2
Is playa a turd or a lemming?? Or a lemming turd perhaps? Let's discuss this and come to a conclusion we can all agree on Quan continues to prove he is the hipster turd we all don't want. He will continue to amuse me.

quanchi112
Quan continues to prove he is the hipster turd we all don't want. He will continue to amuse me. You continue to beg for acceptance by attempting to appeal to the masses. Told you Kylo was better than Vader years back. Let the past die.

laughing out loud

playa1258
According to you, not me.

quanchi112
According to you, not me. My NT will continue to outdo the Ot's in power, acting, special effects, characters, and majesty.

SquallX

relentless1
lol what are you basing your retarded opinion on quan?

Silent Master
His need to be different.

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
My NT will continue to outdo the Ot's in power, acting, special effects, characters, and majesty.

Yes by copying the OT beat For beat laughing out loud

CroftAlice
No,he's still a kid.Too emotional

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
lol what are you basing your retarded opinion on quan? His accomplishments, his evil which is superior to Vader's, his unpredictability, and the evolution of his character. All in all a vastly superior character to Vader.

quanchi112

quanchi112

quanchi112
Snoke is the most powerful Star Wars character on the big screen of all time but that's off topic so quit bringing it up, Darth.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yes by copying the OT beat For beat laughing out loud No, it isn't. You also said its gone in its own direction but then flip flop because you're upset and just love the Ot. My ou aren't objective and don't care for the NT when it's compared to the Ot. Let the past die, kid.

Darth Thor

Surtur
I think Vader is better. Especially if you include the EU stuff, the "Kylo Is more complex" argument falls apart. And yes, I'm using the EU too.

Darkstorm Zero
This thread is....

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-14-2015/z7VaGi.gif

quanchi112

Robtard

laughing out loud

Opinions are opinions. Who knows, by the 3rd film he may be. Doubt it, but I would be pleasantly surprised as it means we were given another truly great SW villain and as a true SW fan, I'd welcome it.

Remember when you claimed that Snoke was going to be the biggest SW badass by the 3rd film? How did that turn out...

Surtur
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
This thread is....

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-14-2015/z7VaGi.gif

Heh, AVGN, nice.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Opinions are opinions. Who knows, by the 3rd film he may be. Doubt it, but I would be pleasantly surprised as it means we were given another truly great SW villain and as a true SW fan, I'd welcome it.

Remember when you claimed that Snoke was going to be the biggest SW badass by the 3rd film? How did that turn out... He definitely proved that. His power was by far and away superior to Ren and Rey's who are virtual equals.

You'll always be a Vader and an Ot guy. You haven't participated in many Star Wars threads and don't really care. Don't lie. I've said Ren was more evil than Vader in the first film and I'm correct. You prefer Vader and the Ot that's fine. I've always been a NT guy. You're stuck in the past just like with Trek. Let the past die. Kill it.

smile

Robtard
He definitely proved that. His power was by far and away superior to Ren and Rey's who are virtual equals.

You'll always be a Vader and an Ot guy. You haven't participated in many Star Wars threads and don't really care. Don't lie. I've said Ren was more evil than Vader in the first film and I'm correct. You prefer Vader and the Ot that's fine. I've always been a NT guy. You're stuck in the past just like with Trek. Let the past die. Kill it.

smile

Nah. Snoke turned out to be a throwaway villain, little more than a stepping-stone for Kylo's arch.

Yeah, I like Vader. So? I like most things SW related.

Kylo cried and couldn't kill his mother, not sure how "evil" that is. Maybe 5/7 evils.

quanchi112
Nah. Snoke turned out to be a throwaway villain, little more than a stepping-stone for Kylo's arch.

Yeah, I like Vader. So? I like most things SW related.

Kylo cried and couldn't kill his mother, not sure how "evil" that is. Maybe 5/7 evils. False. Sidious was never the primary antagonist of the Ot either. Vader was but that didn't mean Vader was more powerful than Sidious. Completely different issue altogether.

Snoke's scenes were fantastic and his power was supreme and far above Kylo's.

Kylo ordered her death at the end. Vader never killed any family members so he's still got one over Vader. Anakin cried unbearably over his mother's death whereas Kylo wasn't going to spare a single member of the resistance. Ren didn't also try to save her when his wing mate blasted her into space. Vader turned into a Jedi that's the opposite of evil. smile

Robtard
False what now?

Snoke was a throw away villain, just a means for Kylo to get from point A) to point B) of his villainous arc. THIS IS A FACT.

You know, there's an entire film for Kylo to redeem himself like Vader. It's possible this could MAYBE happen, who knows. Considering Kylo looks up to Vader and wishes, nah prays he could be even half the man Vader was :0

quanchi112
False what now?

Snoke was a throw away villain, just a means for Kylo to get from point A) to point B) of his villainous arc. THIS IS A FACT.

You know, there's an entire film for Kylo to redeem himself like Vader. It's possible this could happen, considering he looks up to Vader and wishes, nah prays he could be even half the man Vader was :0 By your logic Sidious was a throwaway villain. Sidious was literally thrown away by Vader. I didn't claim Snoke was going to be more of a central character than Kylo. Different argument. I claimed he was more powerful and he was proven to be so.

I loved every single scene with Snoke. He's my fave. I also like Kylo a lot. Vader doesn't even come close to Kylo who is truly evil. Kylo already surpassed him in evil. Kylo is the inverse of Luke. Sure we saw moments of Luke do bad things but he stayed the course. Sure it's possible for Abrams to have Kylo redeem himself at the end. Kylo has already surpassed Vader in evil either way.

Robtard
Sidious was the pivotal villian behind the galactic empire for six live action films and he's the reason why Vader flipped over to the Darkside. Sidious was not a throwaway villain; you're free to think that, but you're hilariously wrong here.

Snoke was just a stepping-stone for Kylo to become the villain he needed to be. Snoke came and went like a stinky fart. He won't be remembered as a great SWars villain like Palpatine, Vader and possibly Kylo will.

Surtur
Sidious was the pivotal villian behind the galactic empire for six live action films and he's the reason why Vader flipped over to the Darkside. Sidious was not a throwaway villain; you're free to think that, but you're hilariously wrong here.

Snoke was just a stepping-stone for Kylo to become the villain he needed to be. Snoke came and went like a stinky fart. He won't be remembered as a great SWars villain like Palpatine, Vader and possibly Kylo will.

He just can't seem to accept the opinions of other people.

quanchi112

Snoke was just a stepping-stone for Kylo to become the villain he needed to be. Snoke came and went like a stinky fart. He won't be remembered as a great SWars villain like Palpatine, Vader and possibly Kylo will. In the Ot at the time he was a throwaway villain we later see fleshed out in the prequels. He never had a major role but that has nothing to do with his power level which is my point. Snoke has a past as well. We don't know how the trilogy will end either. He was thrown away and hardly had any screen time in the ot's.

Snoke and Sidious lured two characters over to the dark side. Windu as well as Luke's missteps factored into this as well. Sidious came and went as a stepping stone on his redemption back as a Jedi. See how easy it is to use your own logic against you.

I don't care what others think I care what I think. Snoke is my favorite. Kylo is currently number three but there's a chance he can move past Maul to the second spot. You don't really care for the Nt's and favor the ot's. It's fine it was the same with the Trek films.

Josh_Alexander

laughing out loud

I was right when i called you Senile laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
Come on guys, Quanchi is either trolling or retarded!

(Not to be taken seriously in this thread).

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Surtur
He just can't seem to accept the opinions of other people.

I knew Quanchi to be a Huge Kylo fan...But this is way off boundaries!!!

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I was right when i called you Senile laughing out loud Josh we both know you're too stupid to be taken seriously. You can't even string together a complete sentence let alone an actual legitimate argument.

quanchi112

Dr Will Hatch
Kylo Ren is an interesting villain at least conceptually, but I don't think that the films have done very much with him that make me want to give much more than a half-hearted shrug. Besides, how can he be better than Vader when his entire character revolves around being a fanboy of Vader? He's always going to live under his grandfather's shadow.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Kylo Ren is an interesting villain at least conceptually, but I don't think that the films have done very much with him that make me want to give much more than a half-hearted shrug. Besides, how can he be better than Vader when his entire character revolves around being a fanboy of Vader? He's always going to live under his grandfather's shadow. Horrific reasoning. It is like saying since Lebron idolized Jordan he couldn't possibly be argued as greater at his peak. I personally view Jordan as better but what your internal motivating factors are don't determine who is superior, etc. Hell his game isn't even patterned off of Jordan. All the greats idolized someonethat came before them but that doesn't mean they can't later develop into superior athletes, warriors, etc.

Jordan was motivated by his brother who used to beat him prior to growth spurt. That doesn't mean Michael Jordan wouldn't destroy his brother at his best. The terrible arguments I have to piss on I'd assume by now most of you asshats would learn by now.

Dr Will Hatch
Horrific reasoning. It is like saying since Lebron idolized Jordan he couldn't possibly be argued as greater at his peak. I personally view Jordan as better but what your internal motivating factors are don't determine who is superior, etc. Hell his game isn't even patterned off of Jordan. All the greats idolized someonethat came before them but that doesn't mean they can't later develop into superior athletes, warriors, etc.

Jordan was motivated by his brother who used to beat him prior to growth spurt. That doesn't mean Michael Jordan wouldn't destroy his brother at his best. The terrible arguments I have to piss on I'd assume by now most of you asshats would learn by now.

Except we're not on the Versus board arguing about feats. You said that Kylo Ren was a better villain than Darth Vader, which is based on subjective opinions and other intangibles. Maybe YOU like Kylo Ren better, but Darth Vader is an icon of pop culture with a tragic backstory and a multifaceted personality. He was the second in command of the Empire, which at its height was far, far larger than the First Order is. He's got more screen presence than Kylo Ren, more menace, and a better personality. He's everything that Kylo wants to be when he grows up.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Except we're not on the Versus board arguing about feats. You said that Kylo Ren was a better villain than Darth Vader, which is based on subjective opinions and other intangibles. Maybe YOU like Kylo Ren better, but Darth Vader is an icon of pop culture with a tragic backstory and a multifaceted personality. He was the second in command of the Empire, which at its height was far, far larger than the First Order is. He's got more screen presence than Kylo Ren, more menace, and a better personality. He's everything that Kylo wants to be when he grows up. This entire subject is subjective. Vader is more popular but I view Kylo Ren as a much better villain. Based off your reasoning icons somehow matter more. It's silly. Yes, it was larger but it was also less powerful and didn't operate in the same manner. Snoke is about brute force and terror whereas Sidious was at his core a politician masking his true intentions from the general public.

Kylo to me has far more screen presence. You don't know what he's going to do next and unpredictability is scarier than Vader who let Tarkin boss him around. Ren is impulsive and fearful which makes him more dangerous than Vader IMO. Kylo has a far better personality since we can see his facial expressions whereas Vader was hidden underneath a mask. Kylo also has the best lightsaber in the mythos of Star Wars.

Darth Thor
This entire subject is subjective. Vader is more popular .

laughing out loud

erm

quanchi112
erm Yes, it is subjective but it's a fact Vader is more popular. That doesn't mean Vader is better. I claimed Ren is more evil and a far better villain. I'm not alone. The link is for an opinion piece, sport. That's subjective but I'm going to rub it the **** in the Nt's villains are superior to the Ot's.

Surtur
I knew Quanchi to be a Huge Kylo fan...But this is way off boundaries!!!

He's just pathetic, but ignore him.

quanchi112
He's just pathetic, but ignore him. Two retards trying to Voltron. Pitiful tbh.

Surtur
Two retards trying to Voltron. Pitiful tbh.

Two people better than you in every way.

quanchi112
Two people better than you in every way. Nah, two tards trying to team up because they aren't bright.

Surtur
Nah, two tards trying to team up because they aren't bright.

Better in every single way, except one thing: you're better at being a deluded fanboy not to be taken seriously by anyone.

quanchi112
Better in every single way, except one thing: you're better at being a deluded fanboy not to be taken seriously by anyone. You are upset I'm mocking you in the other threads. It's ok you're hurt once again. I posted a source with a reputable site that agrees. My opinion truly is amazing.

Surtur
You are upset I'm mocking you in the other threads. It's ok you're hurt once again. I posted a source with a reputable site that agrees. My opinion truly is amazing.

Lol, I love how sad you are, especially the delusions smile

quanchi112
Lol, I love how sad you are, especially the delusions smile No, you can't refute so you just troll. You basically came into the thread to thumbs up a he's senile post. Trolls stick together.

Surtur
No, you can't refute so you just troll. You basically came into the thread to thumbs up a he's senile post. Trolls stick together.

You're the biggest troll here little guy.

quanchi112
You're the biggest troll here little guy. False, I had to tell pr just today I didn't know how to troll. He knew I was telling the truth.

Surtur
False, I had to tell pr just today I didn't know how to troll. He knew I was telling the truth.

Lmao, good stuff.

quanchi112
Lmao, good stuff. My beliefs aren't trolling.

Surtur
My beliefs aren't trolling.

Whatever you say.

quanchi112
Whatever you say. Quit with the worthless posts, troll.

Adam Grimes
What an attention seeking thread smh

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What an attention seeking thread smh Aren't all threads seeking attention. Remember that time when you were dramatic about leaving the board. I laughed at you.

The Lost
I am not partial to the criticism that Kylo is a "Vader wannabe." I could perhaps understand this line of thinking after watching TFA but it is seemingly outdated. Vader never murdered his master to replace him. Vader had to exchange his life to murder his master and certainly didn't replace him. Kylo effectively used his understanding and relationship with his master to outsmart him. That demands respect.

Not saying Kylo is better than Vader in terms of who is a greater villain (I think they're both fantastic villains for very different reasons) but just pointing out how dead I think the "Kylo = Vader wannabe" concept is.

Adam Grimes
Aren't all threads seeking attention. Remember that time when you were dramatic about leaving the board. I laughed at you. Yeah, that was one post. I'm laughing literally at a dozen right now, lmao!

quanchi112
Yeah, that was one post. I'm laughing literally at a dozen right now, lmao! It wasn't topic related it was you feeling sorry for yourself. You're weak.

Surtur
What an attention seeking thread smh

Bingo.

quanchi112
Bingo. Here comes the jobless one after his daily tasks of clipping his brothers toenails and wiping his ass are done.

Adam Grimes
It wasn't topic related it was you feeling sorry for yourself. You're weak. A. Phucking. Dozen.

I could continue laughing my ass off but I'm asking---no, imploring you to stop this, friend. These fine people are embarrassing you.

Don't say I never did anything for you.

quanchi112
A. Phucking. Dozen.

I could continue laughing my ass off but I'm asking---no, imploring you to stop this, friend. These fine people are embarrassing you.

Don't say I never did anything for you. You are the same guy who,goes around having pity parties for himself. Just log out and don't come back. Be a man of your pathetic word for a change.

Surtur
Here comes the jobless one after his daily tasks of clipping his brothers toenails and wiping his ass are done.

You triggered over your attention seeking behavior? Neat.

quanchi112
You triggered over your attention seeking behavior? Neat. You evacuated that other thread like it was a job or something.

Surtur
You evacuated that other thread like it was a job or something.

It's okay man we all acknowledge you exist.

quanchi112
It's okay man we all acknowledge you exist. I wish a job existed for you but sadly you leech.

Surtur
I wish a job existed for you but sadly you leech.

I know man, and you wish you were a little bit taller and you wish you were a baller.

quanchi112
I know man, and you wish you were a little bit taller and you wish you were a baller. No, I am fine with myself you on the other hand.

Surtur
Neat.

Anyways, I would still say that this is subjective. No matter how reputable the website is that wrote this article.

quanchi112
Neat.

Anyways, I would still say that this is subjective. No matter how reputable the website is that wrote this article. No ****ing shit you assclown.

Surtur
Though in reality of course Darth Vader is still indisputably superior.

quanchi112
Though in reality of course Darth Vader is still indisputably superior. No, he died a ***** ass Jedi. He died as Anakin. Cucked right at the end.

Adam Grimes
You are the same guy who,goes around having pity parties for himself. Just log out and don't come back. Be a man of your pathetic word for a change. Who'd look after you if I were gone? I'm not like that friend.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Lost
I am not partial to the criticism that Kylo is a "Vader wannabe." I could perhaps understand this line of thinking after watching TFA but it is seemingly outdated. Vader never murdered his master to replace him. Vader had to exchange his life to murder his master and certainly didn't replace him. Kylo effectively used his understanding and relationship with his master to outsmart him. That demands respect.

Not saying Kylo is better than Vader in terms of who is a greater villain (I think they're both fantastic villains for very different reasons) but just pointing out how dead I think the "Kylo = Vader wannabe" concept is.

Logic fail.

quanchi112
Who'd look after you if I were gone? I'm not like that friend. I wish you nothing but the worst this year.

Darth Thor

quanchi112

The Lost
Logic fail.

No, not really. I don't even think he wants to be Vader in the first film. He wants to finish something he began so he wants to surpass him. I mean, I get the assumption in TFA somewhat but where are there any indications he does this in TLJ? When he smashes his Vader-esque mask? When he surpasses Vader by destroying his master and taking his place? "Finish what you started" is open to interpretation but I'd like to think it was the apprentice succeeding the master. I don't think his goal is simply to surpass Vader in raw force power. I think he's referring to passing Vader's position in the galactic pecking order and perhaps destroying the Jedi?

Instead of saying "logic fail", perhaps you could tell me what you think?

Bentley
I wish you nothing but the worst this year.

What's with the emotional response here? I know you can do whatever you want etc. but it struck me as weird.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
What's with the emotional response here? I know you can do whatever you want etc. but it struck me as weird. I am just mocking the emotional guy who showed up when he felt sorry for himself to announce he's leaving the forum forever. He didn't even leave for a day. He deserves no respect.

Surtur
Kylo sure does seem like a Vader wannabe. Seems like he'd cream his pants if he was in Vaders presence. He'd also probably get all weak in the knee's.

quanchi112
Kylo sure does seem like a Vader wannabe. Seems like he'd cream his pants if he was in Vaders presence. He'd also probably get all weak in the knee's. He destroyed the mask and says let the past die. He has evolved past Vader and achieved more than Vader ever did. Vader also died a Jedi. He rejected Vader at the end. Try to be objective, cuck.

Adam Grimes
Why are you so mad at me, friend? I hope the only best for you this year, that's why you have to let this shitty, attention craving, thread go.

It's taking a toll on you or something. Lol.

The Lost
Kylo sure does seem like a Vader wannabe. Seems like he'd cream his pants if he was in Vaders presence. He'd also probably get all weak in the knee's.

I know Quan is Quan, much as I love the dude, by why do you think this? I'm curious.

Surtur
He destroyed the mask and says let the past die. He has evolved past Vader and achieved more than Vader ever did. Vader also died a Jedi. He rejected Vader at the end. Try to be objective, cuck.

Achieved more than Vader? Lol. I think in his prime Vader would have slapped him down.

Surtur
I know Quan is Quan, much as I love the dude, by why do you think this? I'm curious.

IMO just a lot of the stuff Kylo does does not seem sincere. It is just the vibe I get whenever I see him in scenes.

I also think the guy ends up emulating Vader even in his rejection. Quan talked about letting the past die. This is *exactly* what Vader ended up wanting to happen with the jedi.

Hell, he even has a scar on his face, so did Vader.

The Lost
IMO just a lot of the stuff Kylo does does not seem sincere. It is just the vibe I get whenever I see him in scenes.

Sincere in what way? Could you elaborate?

Vader rejected and abandoned his past with the Jedi to become Sith and partially control the new Empire. Kylo just wants utter domination, at the cost of all of those institutions. Here is the full quote when talking with Rey:

"The Empire, your parents, the Resistance, the Sith, the Jedi... let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be."

Yeah, but that seems a bit thin concerning Kylo's intent to want to be Vader, considering he did not choose to have a scar on his face.

Surtur
Sincere in what way? Could you elaborate?

It's just a vibe I get, I can't really point to anything to confirm it. It just comes off as a "going through the motions" type of thing for me.

It's not exactly the same, but they both centered around a rejecting the past. And Vader did want utter domination too, he wanted to overthrow Palpatine, he just got his legs chopped off and it kinda hampered those plans. And we see later on he wanted to rule with Luke as his apprentice. So he did want to rule.

True, I just saw it as another similarity.

The Lost
It's just a vibe I get, I can't really point to anything to confirm it. It just comes off as a "going through the motions" type of thing for me.

Oh. Gotcha.

For Vader wanting to overthrow Palpatine, what is your argument for this? Vader was seemingly content where he was and his fall to the dark side seemed to have not much to do with garnering power and control, especially in the beginning (ROTS).

Plus, Kylo rejecting the past does not mean he is necessarily doing this to become Vader, particularly because the details and means to how Vader and Kylo abandon that past is so different.

Fair enough.

Surtur

Oh. Gotcha.

For Vader wanting to overthrow Palpatine, what is your argument for this? Vader was seemingly content where he was and his fall to the dark side seemed to have not much to do with garnering power and control, especially in the beginning (ROTS).

Plus, Kylo rejecting the past does not mean he is necessarily doing this to become Vader, particularly because the details and means to how Vader and Kylo abandon that past is so different.

Fair enough.

Vader specifically tells Padme he is more powerful than Palpatine and can overthrow him. He wanted to rule the galaxy with her at his side. Then later on with Luke he more or less makes the same offer at the end of ESB. "We can rule the galaxy as father and son". That would require getting rid of Palpatine first.

The Lost
Vader specifically tells Padme he is more powerful than Palpatine and can overthrow him. He wanted to rule the galaxy with her at his side. Then later on with Luke he more or less makes the same offer at the end of ESB.

I don't think he fully believes this. He's still trying to gather what his place will be. He even stutters as he is saying this to her about Palpatine. Your point about father and son wanting to rule together? That I can understand. However, Vader wasn't actively pursuing this. He had an innate fear of Palpatine and understood his place.

Consider what you say about Vader wishing to rule with his son. If he wanted this exclusively or strove for it, he could have had it with Luke when Luke went to strike down Palpatine in ROTJ but Vader is the one who stops him. Vader lacks that ambition and Kylo has it. For TFA? Kylo wanting to be him? I think he wanted to be similar but always something more. TLJ is the definitive end of him wanting to be anything remotely similar to Vader, imo.

Surtur
I don't think he fully believes this. He's still trying to gather what his place will be. He even stutters as he is saying this to her about Palpatine. Your point about father and son wanting to rule together? That I can understand. However, Vader wasn't actively pursuing this. He had an innate fear of Palpatine and understood his place.

Consider what you say about Vader wishing to rule with his son. If he wanted this exclusively or strove for it, he could have had it with Luke when Luke went to strike down Palpatine in ROTJ but Vader is the one who stops him. Vader lacks that ambition and Kylo has it. For TFA? Kylo wanting to be him? I think he wanted to be similar but always something more. TLJ is the definitive end of him wanting to be anything remotely similar to Vader, imo.

I think Vader was conflicted, but I also think the reason for his fall was not just worry over Padme. He was told he was the chosen one, super special. We see how kids in real life turn out when their parents do that. Now this guy was supposed to be space Jesus with super powers. He had a lust for power and wanted to rule, but was conflicted.

I think in ROTJ Vader stops Luke because he didn't think Luke would be turned. I think Vader purposely throws the fight at the end though. Remember how he kinda just goes to one knee for no reason?

But I do think he did want to rule and would have tried to do so if Luke had agreed. And if you look to the EU he was more or less plotting to overthrow him from the beginning.

But I do think Kylo wants to be what Vader could have been had he not gotten all chopped up.

The Lost
I think Vader was conflicted, but I also think the reason for his fall was not just worry over Padme. He was told he was the chosen one, super special. We see how kids in real life turn out when their parents do that. Now this guy was supposed to be space Jesus with super powers. He had a lust for power and wanted to rule, but was conflicted.

This is true but I think a part of him knew how just how drastically kneecapped that was when Kenobi nearly kills him. Remember, his reasoning for falling the dark side, aside from the obvious manipulation by Palpatine in the first place, was to save Padme. It wasn't the traditional trajectory of, "I'm tired of the Jedi and I want more power."

I definitely don't agree with this. Luke was very clearly conflicted and, even if Vader didn't sense it in the force (I think he did), could probably detect it by Luke's facial expressions and clear torment. As for the Vader/Luke duel? I think there are some sources that state Vader did not throw the fight and Luke just straight up beat him. I think Vader going to one knee like that is simply a case of outdated/subpar choreography.

EVEN if Vader also didn't think Luke could be turned, why not allow Luke to kill Palpatine and then Vader takes him by himself?

In the EU? Perhaps. I'm not sure. In Canon? I do not share the sentiment, from what I understand (although I have not seen much of Rebels and whatnot so I'm not some authority).

quanchi112
Achieved more than Vader? Lol. I think in his prime Vader would have slapped him down. Without a doubt. He achieved a higher status than Vader ever achieved. He also did so for selfish reasons unlike Vader who only turned out of love for his son. In turn he rejected the Sith way and became a Jedi until his death. If you want to change the discussion and go into the direction of who would beat who I would definitely point out that Vader has no clear victories over any powerful Jedi. Luke after finally achieving the wisdom and the power utterly trounces Vader. Hell, even a much weaker Luke managed to graze his shoulder in ESB. This is while avoiding the elephant in the room that Vader lost much of his potential after the Kenobi defeat in rots.

In conclusion Kylo is both more evil, pursued his own path for himself and what he perceives what's best for him ultimately, and ultimately rejects the past and evolved past Vader the moment he smashes the mask early on in the film.

quanchi112
Why are you so mad at me, friend? I hope the only best for you this year, that's why you have to let this shitty, attention craving, thread go.

It's taking a toll on you or something. Lol. Shhh.

Josh_Alexander
Josh we both know you're too stupid to be taken seriously. You can't even string together a complete sentence let alone an actual legitimate argument.

Not stupid enough to ever make a thread like this!! laughing out loud

Congrats Quanchi, i believe youve set a record!

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
He's just pathetic, but ignore him.

Either he is retarded or just a huge misinformed fanboy!

quanchi112
Not stupid enough to ever make a thread like this!! laughing out loud

Congrats Quanchi, i believe youve set a record!

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Has a link and other intelligent posters agree which excludes you. You aren't capable of reasonable discussion.

quanchi112
Either he is retarded or just a huge misinformed fanboy! Ironic coming from the guy who doesn't get the English language.

Surtur
Either he is retarded or just a huge misinformed fanboy!

laughing

quanchi112
laughing The vagina is here!!

Impediment

Silent Master
Does Snoke remind anyone else of Gollum?

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Does Snoke remind anyone else of Gollum?

Kinda, if Gollums mom tried to abort him when she was nine months pregnant and failed.

quanchi112
#vagina

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/TGbn7fD.jpg

^^Snoke 1 month after his mothers botched abortion.

quanchi112
#vagina is still here.

Surtur
I guarantee you after he was born Snokes mother either killed herself or immediately had her tubes tied.

He is the type of child where it makes sense to pull a Padme on and just give up on life.

quanchi112
Another worthless joke from the vagina itself.

Surtur
You know how doctors slap a babies butt after it is born? With Snoke the doctor just was confused since because of the way Snoke looked he didn't know if he'd be slapping a butt or a face.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>