Characters you want to rise the stock of in 2018

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
And I don't mean exaggerating, but actually putting an emphasis on their abilities.

So, two years ago, I tried to push Wonder Woman, in trying to repair some of the damage many of the moronic posters did to her. Considering she's now considered Thor-level in strength pretty consistently, I'd say that's a good job.

I immediately regretted it when those same fans started posting.

Last year, I tried Aquaman. About half-way through, I changed my mind, when I saw the 'ecstatic' guy go rabid.

Do you have plans to dive in a character this year?

Bentley
Dione, Superman

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Bentley
Dione, Superman

Dunno. All my favs are either nerfed or too obscure

Philosophía
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Dunno. All my favs are either nerfed or too obscure

Sounds like a challenge.

Who are the nerfed ones?

Sin I AM
Cloak & Dagger. Everyone in Alpha Flight. Human Torch. Captain Britain. Sabertooth. Mystique, Hercules, Juggernaut, Emma any telepath not Jean, Celestials, Shulk

Nightwing, Bladam, Shazam, The entire greek pantheon, any gl not named Hal, any guardian, any flying brick not a kryptonian, Doomsday etc

Philosophía
Cloak & Dagger. Everyone in Alpha Flight. Human Torch. Captain Britain. Sabertooth. Mystique, Hercules, Juggernaut, Emma any telepath not Jean, Celestials, Shulk

Nightwing, Bladam, Shazam, The entire greek pantheon, any gl not named Hal, any guardian, any flying brick not a kryptonian, Doomsday etc Goddamn it woman, pick three at most, we're not at shopping here.

Bentley
Cloak and Dagger are legitimately pretty cool, at one point I was considering making them a respect thread.

abhilegend
At this point I'll pick Odinson out of pity if nothing else.

cdtm
The Celestials need a booster, what with all the jobbing. Getting to be, even Aquaman points and laughs at them.

Sin I AM

-Pr-
I'm still going to participate in the eternal battle to get Colossus some respect.

Most of the other people I like are either respected, have their zealots, or are just badly written so I care less.

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm still going to participate in the eternal battle to get Colossus some respect.

Most of the other people I like are either respected, have their zealots, or are just badly written so I care less.

So instead of repping some established brick like Thing you went and picked its lesser clone. Good choice for a challenge.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
So instead of repping some established brick like Thing you went and picked its lesser clone. Good choice for a challenge.

It was probably a bad example to name the guy with the power of ****ing heart.

DarkSaint85
It was probably a bad example to name the guy with the power of ****ing heart.

thumb up just his bad luck, tbh; he could've picked literally any other brick, and the statement would've still applied

Sin I AM

Poor choice. Colossus already hit his peak during Breakworld. They tried giving him a push in Fear Itself, P5, Schism and AvX but it didnt stick. Now hes chasing Sprites coattails. Good luck

Parmaniac
"Last year, I tried Aquaman. About half-way through, I changed my mind, when I saw the 'ecstatic' guy go rabid."

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Poor choice. Colossus already hit his peak during Breakworld. They tried giving him a push in Fear Itself, P5, Schism and AvX but it didnt stick. Now hes chasing Sprites coattails. Good luck

I meant purely in Vs matches. Marvel is never going to stop him gravitating between "I want Katya" and "Der is good in my seester" shite. Not without another Claremont-esque run on the books.

Sin I AM
I meant purely in Vs matches. Marvel is never going to stop him gravitating between "I want Katya" and "Der is good in my seester" shite. Not without another Claremont-esque run on the books.

Lol. So true. I cant stand his relationship with kitty and he needs to tell Magik to phuck off. But hes pretty useless even as a brick in xmen now. Unless youre a telepath, a woman or lgtb youre stock has lowered.

-Pr-
Lol. So true. I cant stand his relationship with kitty and he needs to tell Magik to phuck off. But hes pretty useless even as a brick in xmen now. Unless youre a telepath, a woman or lgtb youre stock has lowered.

That's true. Thankfully I still have all his old feats, a lot of which are pre-upgrade so it's not too bad.

xJLxKing
Constantine

N52 was good for him.

Right now he is just fine.

Sin I AM
That's true. Thankfully I still have all his old feats, a lot of which are pre-upgrade so it's not too bad.

Ive been looking up the second gen xmen myself. Parricularly Storm, Kurt, etc...what would you classify Colossus' greatest feat

-Pr-
Ive been looking up the second gen xmen myself. Parricularly Storm, Kurt, etc...what would you classify Colossus' greatest feat

Hmm. I'm not sure tbh. Breaking the vibranium cuffs in the Savage Land is a good one. He has a few "falling from great heights" feats too where he's none the worse for wear. He's tanked or at least stood up to blasts from Havok, Black Tom, Pyro, Doom and Cyclops. He restrained an angry Carol Danvers.

He has a really nice one where he punches through a barrier that Storm's lightning and Doctor Strange's spells can't penetrate.

Then there's his tendency to fight bricks that are more powerful than him and not look crap doing it.

JayDaDon
Blade, Tony Stark, and Peter fuddrucking Parker. That last one is well deserved.

Dareangel
Juggernaut

riv6672
Cloak & Dagger. Everyone in Alpha Flight. Human Torch. Captain Britain. Sabertooth...Hercules, Juggernaut, Emma...

Nightwing, Bladam, Shazam...any gl not named Hal...any flying brick not a kryptonian, Doomsday etc
^^^Its scary how many characters we both like. confused

On topic, no no plans.

Sin I AM
Hmm. I'm not sure tbh. Breaking the vibranium cuffs in the Savage Land is a good one. He has a few "falling from great heights" feats too where he's none the worse for wear. He's tanked or at least stood up to blasts from Havok, Black Tom, Pyro, Doom and Cyclops. He restrained an angry Carol Danvers.

He has a really nice one where he punches through a barrier that Storm's lightning and Doctor Strange's spells can't penetrate.

Then there's his tendency to fight bricks that are more powerful than him and not look crap doing it.

Cool beans need to do an updated respect thread

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Its scary how many characters we both like. confused

On topic, no no plans.

😎

Philosophía

Then there's his tendency to fight bricks that are more powerful than him and not look crap doing it. Surprised you didn't mention Gladiator.

Though you probably meant that in your last part. I guess you weren't talking about WWH, IYKWIM.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Blade, Tony Stark, and Peter fuddrucking Parker. That last one is well deserved. How?

JayDaDon
https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Image-141-600x425.png

Parmaniac
He's back to the roots, classic underdog Parker.

JayDaDon
They should have had him go down to middle class...Peter being down in the dumps is played out and theres nothing compelling left to get out of that tired cliche.

-Pr-

riv6672
😎
It explains why we're besties. whistle

8swords
Human Torch for me, maybe give him a feat to match full potential iceman..

MrMind
JSA, Captain Marvel family

Sin I AM
https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Image-141-600x425.png

Feminist agenda? That must be another clone

Insane Titan
Thanos, needs to kill more people.

tkitna
Sentry

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5f3f-bbdra8/WjsLlW0QOJI/AAAAAAAAEoY/l81WniICK80FWy6wcfPU4D_FcGUMd_wgwCHMYCw/s1600/RCO016.jpg

Sin I AM
I honestly hope Cull wrecks him. I still like Sentry tho

JayDaDon
Is that recent? I dont remember Sentry and she Thor being around at the same time.

SithLantern93
Spectre

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by SithLantern93
Spectre

One of the best characters around, IMO, but he hasn't really had a relevant appearance in like 10 years, so people seemingly just stopped giving a shit about him.

Sin I AM
Is that recent? I dont remember Sentry and she Thor being around at the same time.

Its from stranges ongoing. He brought sentry back so he can help him get his title of Sorcerer Supreme back from Loki who killed his dog and stole his gf. Right now they are in Asgard. Ok read

tkitna
I honestly hope Cull wrecks him. I still like Sentry tho

He might

Stoic
The Eternal race have yet to get a strong push in Marvel. I'd like to see Makkari get his own title, or become a member of the Ultimates if they were to relaunch the title.

deathslash
Just decided, I'm gonna rep Bebop and Rocksteady.

Supermutant
Bronze Tiger, Wildcat and the original Richard Dragon

cdtm
Seconding Bebop and Rocksteady.

And Iron Fist. He needs the feats, just to keep the vultures waiting for him to stumble off.

Philosophía
I think I'll go with Cyborg.

Prepare your anuses.

TethAdamTheRock
Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.