Darth Caedus respect thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tondemonai
Since Ant never delivered, a friend of mine did. Cheers.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/thevioletsaber/blog/jacen-solodarth-caedus-respect-thread-part-1/133084/

darthbane77
Thank the Force for Rishu.

smile

Ursumeles
kek

cs_zoltan
Your friend (wrongly) presumes Caedus deserves respect.

The Ellimist
Does it talk about how Caedus changed the will of the Force?

Nephthys
Good job Ant. It took you a while but you got there.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Nephthys
Good job Ant. It took you a while but you got there.
Is he actually try'na finish it?

DarthAnt66
I gave it to Sasukedc, who plans to finish it with my help.

NewGuy01
nigga just masterfully twisted my offer to help into a blame-shifting checkmate

gg well done https://imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

Pessimystic
Must be painful going through Caedus' lacklustre 'feats'

LordOfTheLight
Tk'ing half a million people is "lacklustre"?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
Tk'ing half a million people is "lacklustre"?
I mean, depends who we're comparing with, but relative to the big guns, yeah. With telepathy, there's variations applications of how it's used. Telepathically dominating one powerful Force-sensitive is harder than, say, telepathically influencing 10,000 non Force-sensitives. That's demonstrably shown with C'baoth.

LordOfTheLight
Tk, not telepathy.

Even Tp'ing half a million people is impressive, though not up to Caedus's standards or hype. But he used Tk.

DarthAnt66
Caedus never TKed millions. messed

LordOfTheLight
I think it's on part 2 of this RT.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, it's wrong. Jacen didn't TK half-a-million. There were half-a-million in total protesting in front of the Senate - freakishly huge open space. The only group he telekinetically nudges is "the crowd closest to him" and they "fell back a few paces." After this, Jacen tells them to go, and they all break up and he's able to walk into the Senate building.

He could have frankly only moved 5 people. No where it is implied it's even over, say, a 100.

Pessimystic
Kek

LordOfTheLight's fantasy:
- Caedus tk'd half a million people.

Reality:
- Forced 5 people to stumble backwards a bit.

LordOfTheLight
I just skimmed the RT. Didn't go into the passages as of yet.

LordOfTheLight
Where does he Tp millions though? You seemed to know about that.

DarthAnt66
I never said he TPed millions, although he did shift through the emotions of billions and pinpointed the one person he wanted to telepathically influence - all in the span of a second.

Ursumeles
Flow walking is ****ing hax.

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by Pessimystic
Kek

LordOfTheLight's fantasy:
- Caedus tk'd half a million people.

Reality:
- Forced 5 people to stumble backwards a bit.

I can hardly be blamed for the RT creator's ineptitude. Also, you don't want to start a mockery game with me.

For the record, did you know that Jacen as a 12 year old( ages approximately) was more powerful than an apprentice( Zekk) who could create weather storms with relative ease? Zekk is also a nobody, absolutely nothing in the hierarchy of Jedi in the NJO, both as an apprentice or a Jedi Knight, while Jacen is either described to be the most powerful apprentice or a Jedi in the order second only to Luke.

Or that Jacen as a 17/18 year old( decades pre-prime), was bringing down huge auditoriums/buildings/structures with Tk while simultaneously ragdolling scores of Vong?

By no means are his feats lacklustre, lmfao.

NewGuy01
I can hardly be blamed for the RT creator's ineptitude. Also, you don't want to start a mockery game with me.

Scary. But yes, we can blame you for making a nonsense claim without doing so much as looking into it.

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Scary. But yes, we can blame you for making a nonsense claim without doing so much as looking into it.

Nobody's perfect and this isn't a debate.

This also isn't nonsensical at all for someone on Caedus's level. I agree it would be kind of ridiculous if someone like Aayla Secura had done it, and I hadn't looked into it, but Jacen has better feats of power output as a teenager, half his age as Caedus. Not to mention scaling, as I said above.

So, when I find something like this, it strikes me as a decent feat for the character, but nothing too extraordinary. Nowhere even remotely close to "nonsense".

Ursumeles
Or that Jacen as a 17/18 year old( decades pre-prime), was bringing down huge auditoriums/buildings/structures with Tk while simultaneously ragdolling scores of Vong?

Wasn't that a rage-amped Jacen?

Wollf told me about that feat, but I never saw a quote IIRC. Also, he said that Zekk was the leader of a group who created weather storms, similar to Bane and the BoD in POD, though on a far smaller scale.
Also, wasn't that feat in YJK, which would Jacen at 14 years of age? Also, evidence for YJK Jacen > Zekk?

LordOfTheLight
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Wasn't that a rage-amped Jacen?

Wollf told me about that feat, but I never saw a quote IIRC. Also, he said that Zekk was the leader of a group who created weather storms, similar to Bane and the BoD in POD, though on a far smaller scale.
Also, wasn't that feat in YJK, which would Jacen at 14 years of age? Also, evidence for YJK Jacen > Zekk?

Not that I know of.

Not at all. Bane's was an intricate Sith ritual, combined with most of the BoD joined in their powers. In the case of Zekk, he( and a handful of other trainees) actively manipulated the weather via Alter Environment to create storms. Each of them supplied their own input of power in the manipulation of the weather. It is also pretty obvious that Zekk was supplying more than 99% of the power, since he was not at all strained in the slightest to create the storm, and when his attention was distracted, the other trainees completely lost control of the storm which dissipated almost immediately.

I remember seeing something like that addressed, however I would have to comb through YJK for it, which I don't particularly feel like doing. For now though, Jacen is clearly the top apprentice of Luke, in his teens and later years, and a Jedi second only to Luke in his late twenties. In comparison, Zekk is practically nowhere on the radar, at any point in time.

Ursumeles
Do you at least know in which book the Zekk feat was?

And yeah, in later years Jacen is far beyond Zekk, but I was questioning YJK Jacen > Zekk, as IIRC both were ~ Jaina. Fair enough though.

Edit: Looking through the text, he seems to be pretty clearly rageamped, at least against Vergere, and iirc the Vong fight was directly afterwards.

LordOfTheLight
I think the last one, as Brakiss is defeated in the same book to my knowledge.

Ok then. NJO is pretty huge though, and I do recall statements of Jacen being stronger than ever in many books, so it's pretty possible he outgrew even the rage amp later on. I'll have to verify of course.

Can you tell me the novel the text is from?

Ursumeles
All of this is in Traitor.

MythLord
Yeah, Caedus should be considerably ahead of that enraged Jacen, tbh. Given a big part of him turning to the Dark Side was him mastering the rage he used before, which would likely include this.

Ursumeles
Caedus being > Rage! Jacen is a far cry from NJO Jacen > Rage! Jacen, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.