Yoda vs. Valkorion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Legends.

ROTS Yoda vs. Valkorion.

All out fight to the death.

Fight takes place where Yoda fought Sidious.

Who wins?

samappo
Valkorion. I really don't see Yoda being able to deal with ancient Sith techniques.

Lord Stark
Yoda takes it.

The Ellimist
Yoda

Rebel95
Reasons?

The Ellimist
Yoda's clearly the more capable combatant and has a deep understanding of Force techniques, so Valkorion has to have a clear edge in power to gain victory. It seems like Yoda > EoTPM Sidious >>> TPM Sidious ~ Plagueis > Valkorion via cosmic threat to the Force.

AncientPower
Valkorion, no question.

The Merchant
Yoda.

Geistalt
Voted for Yoda.

Pessimystic
I thought it was almost universally agreed upon that Valkorion > ROTS Sidious & Yoda

Trocity
A fight between these two would likely remain a Force fight due to Valkorion.

He'd wear Yoda down over time imo, he's just more powerful.

JKBart
Valkorion is more powerful, versatile, masterful, tbh, but Yoda's way, way better in actual combat.

Valkorion isn't that more powerful to dominate Yoda, their Force exchange would be in his favor, but it would be still a hard and long fight, and it won't prevent Yoda from pushing through into close quarters, sooner or later. And then Valkorion gets slaughtered. Utilizing Force Barrier against saber attacks is infinitely more taxing than just swinging the saber. Especialy when you have to do it against somebody who is a master swordsman of Yoda's calliber with, like, dozens of strikes per second.

AncientPower
Valkorion easily repelled Arcann's barrage and Arcann was himself extremely powerful. Not Yoda, but still powerful.

It's a Force fight, not one Yoda can win.

JKBart
Arcann has nothing on either Yoda or Valkorion's power tho. Not to mention saber combat. Valky is just so powerful he can have no problem defending against Arcann's saber barage, and easily finish him off with the Force. He can't one-shot Yoda with Lightning, and he can't do half as well against Yoda's saber ability as he did against Arcann either.

LordOfTheLight
Yoda wins.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Pessimystic
I thought it was almost universally agreed upon that Valkorion > ROTS Sidious & Yoda

No. They both scale off Plagueis and TPM Sidious who have some ridiculous feats. For example, just his arrival on the planet Naboo sent it into the coldest winter in living memory and generated seismic events across the planet. Both he and

Aside from that Yoda's Jedi Order, in particular, was raised specifically to fight the wars of the Old Republic. I'm of the mind that Yoda would be quite well prepared to fight any of the Sith Empires of old. That was his problem, and why he ended up losing to Darth Sidious. The ROTS narrative kind of makes that clear.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AncientPower
Valkorion, no question.

Rebel95
Originally posted by Lord Stark
The ROTS narrative kind of makes that clear.
Interesting, how so?

Azronger
Yeah, the RotS novel stated that the Jedi had been preparing to fight the Sith of old ever since the last Battle of Ruusan.

Yoda wins btw.

Stigma
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yoda takes it.

Nephthys
Valkorion, no question.

Stigma
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Yoda's clearly the more capable combatant and has a deep understanding of Force techniques, so Valkorion has to have a clear edge in power to gain victory. It seems like Yoda > EoTPM Sidious >>> TPM Sidious ~ Plagueis > Valkorion via cosmic threat to the Force.
Good points thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion, no question.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by JKBart
Arcann has nothing on either Yoda or Valkorion's power tho. Not to mention saber combat. Valky is just so powerful he can have no problem defending against Arcann's saber barage, and easily finish him off with the Force. He can't one-shot Yoda with Lightning, and he can't do half as well against Yoda's saber ability as he did against Arcann either.
Did you play the game?

Arcann is touted to be beyond Jedi and Sith of his age in the ways of the Force. He was better prepared to cope with Valkorion's powers than even Revan as we see in Asylum.

Valkorion's FLS is not a joke. Revan's defenses completely failed against it and he is easily YODA-TIER in many respects. Even in the lore, it is stated that it is nearly impossible to counter Force lightning with raw power. And Valkorion gave a new meaning to Force lightning in terms of sheer potency.

Valkorion is too powerful for a lone Jedi or Sith to tackle. This is why his fall is a matter of plot-device in which one of his own artifacts come into play.

Nephthys
Honestly Arcann does have nothing on Valkorions power, but I'm not sure I'd say the same for Yoda's.

I'm also baffled at the suggestion that Yoda is far better in combat considering the stuff Valkorion pulls off. I don't see Yoda freezing time, casually blocking lightsaber attacks from an Arcann level opponent, taking out a small army with a single attack that ignores his allies or doing something similar to Valk's Lightning feat against Arcann that was downing dozens of ships with the mere cast off against Arcann's shield..... while weakened.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Honestly Arcann does have nothing on Valkorions power, but I'm not sure I'd say the same for Yoda.
Of-course, Arcann is not a match for Valkorion.

However, one has to admit that Arcann handled Valkorion's FLS like a champ; a situation in which Revan failed. And Revan is definitely Yoda-TIER in his abilities.

Yoda was strong but he did not bother to tread beyond Jedi ways. Conversely, Arcann had no qualm in developing either Light or Dark techniques.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm also baffled at the suggestion that Yoda is far better in combat considering the stuff Valkorion pulls off. I don't see Yoda freezing time, casually blocking lightsaber attacks from an Arcann level opponent, taking out a small army with a single attack that ignores his allies or doing something similar to Valk's Lightning feat against Arcann that was downing dozens of ships with the mere cast off against Arcann's shield..... while weakened.
Absolutely.

Valkorion did not bother with a lightsaber but to say that he does not know how to fight, is plain stupid.

Nephthys
Yeah, sorry I meant that I don't think that Arcann has nothing on Yoda's power. He'd give Yoda a good fight.

Lord Stark

The Ellimist
^ Yeah funny enough Neph found it. It really debunks the "PT Jedi weren't training to fight wars" narrative.

S W LeGenD
I wouldn't quite say that, especially coupled with what I believe is a large amount of evidence to suggest otherwise.

How well trained they were for war would be a matter of degree, and it's certainly plausible that the Jedi had been far better prepared for it at other points in time.

If anything all the quote really entails is that the measures they took to being prepared for that war were based on a false notion of their enemy and how the war would be fought.

Rebel95
up

AncientPower
Yoda has nothing on Valkorion but irrelevant lightsaber skill and he'd frankly have to be stupid to even try.

Ursumeles
Ehh, Valk?

AncientPower
Valk can freeze time, dominate three Krayt/Revan tier combatants simultaneously, is strongly implied to be capable of absorbing the Force energy of the galaxy without a ritual, and a shit ton more stuff. He wins.

KMCadmin
Valk can freeze time, dominate three Krayt/Revan tier combatants simultaneously, is strongly implied to be capable of absorbing the Force energy of the galaxy without a ritual, and a shit ton more stuff. He wins.
this really must mean a lot to you lol can feel ur emotions through my screen

AncientPower
Learn to use grammar and I might not ignore your socking, until then. . .

Stigma
Yoda is on the same level as RotS Sidious force-wise and vastly superior to Valkorion in close-qaurters tbh. This is an interesting fight.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Stigma
Yoda is on the same level as RotS Sidious force-wise and vastly superior to Valkorion in close-qaurters tbh. This is an interesting fight.
Valkorion can block lightsaber strikes with bear hands easily. Yoda won't be able to close the gap in the first place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.