movie ozymandias vs tv daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
in light of the doomsday clock, i rewatched watchmen. first, not as bad as i remembered it. forgot how much actual material (in the form of dialogue) made it into the movie. tons of it. also forgot what a bada$$ ozy was in that movie. wonder how he'd stack up against dd? if people think he's above dd, put him against movie cap maybe....

Adam Grimes
Daredevil destroys him

byrdgang21
Ozy wins. Faster, stronger & better endurance.

Adam Grimes
Daredevil has better speed, damage soak and combat fts overall.

tkitna
Movie Ozy would beat TV Daredevil, but in turn would lose to movie Daredevil so theres that.

Movie Cap would spite stomp Ozy

Dareangel
Ozy will destroy tv show daredevil. the tv show daredevil is getting beat up and trashed left and right by thugs. he got almost killed by that japanese yakuza master forgot his name. Tv series daredevil is presented very humanly. the ozy from the movie is superhuman with insane speed and skills. he will destroy this version of daredevil and movie version of daredevil as well

leonidas
i think the watchmen were pretty overtly superhuman to a degree at least. ozy catching bullets and punching people across the lengths of a large room. effortlessly carrying a 250lbs comedian and throwing him through that bullet-proof glass in the hotel. i don't see dd having better speed feats, and ozy took several defenseless blows from an enraged night owl who himself was throwing people across rooms with punches. i think he'd beat dd. movie cap would be a better fight imo but cap would take it. ozy didn't have enough feats to compete with cap, though i think it would be a great fight. couldn't think of anyone else to pair him with. widow maybe? not sure.

deathslash
Daredevil wins, and handily at that.

Adam Grimes
thumb up

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by leonidas
in light of the doomsday clock, i rewatched watchmen. first, not as bad as i remembered it. forgot how much actual material (in the form of dialogue) made it into the movie. tons of it. also forgot what a bada$$ ozy was in that movie. wonder how he'd stack up against dd? if people think he's above dd, put him against movie cap maybe.... Brilliant adaptation and the title sequence was the best self-contained title story/film until Valerians. Snyder needed to stick to photocopy adaptations of comic books.

MrMind
Ozy was a cooler character, has way better fight scene in the film along with being richer and better looking

he owns Matt in life

also he's not blind so.... Happy Dance

Dareangel
frankly i seriously dont understand the comparison. on one hand, you got ozy who is a clear super human in the movie. sending people flying, catching a bullet, able to fight oweman and rorschach at the same time and destroy them. throw comedian thru unbreakable glass. he clearly had superhuman speed and strength. now daredevil from the tv show is just a skilled guy. he gets trashed when average thugs from the street hit him even with his rubber suit. he was physically weaker than kingpin who was in this show just a fat guy with anger issues. in the tv show daredevil is just a guy who can do acrobatics and fight. he is miles below the skill level of the comics version. why on earth would people even consider ozy movie version at the same level as daredevil tv show??? let alone say he can defeat him

deathslash
Originally posted by MrMind
Ozy was a cooler character, has way better fight scene in the film along with being richer and better looking

he owns Matt in life

also he's not blind so.... Happy Dance all that and he still didn't get laid. Unlike a certain blind lawyer.

MrMind
Originally posted by deathslash
all that and he still didn't get laid. Unlike a certain blind lawyer.

breh if you think gettin laid is some kind of achievement in life

I've got some bad news...

DarkSaint85
Not a comic vs thread.

Reported.

tkitna
Originally posted by Dareangel
now daredevil from the tv show is just a skilled guy. he gets trashed when average thugs from the street hit him even with his rubber suit. he was physically weaker than kingpin who was in this show just a fat guy with anger issues. in the tv show daredevil is just a guy who can do acrobatics and fight.

I agree with Ozy winning too, but your clearly selling TV Daredevil short here. The character was wading through hand ninjas and such in his 2nd series and the Defenders. Also Kingpin just a fat guy with anger issues is laughable. You need to go and rewatch those shows.

Dareangel
Originally posted by tkitna
I agree with Ozy winning too, but your clearly selling TV Daredevil short here. The character was wading through hand ninjas and such in his 2nd series and the Defenders. Also Kingpin just a fat guy with anger issues is laughable. You need to go and rewatch those shows.

My friend i have watched the series very well. what are daredevil feats to suggest he is even at peak human levels, let alone super human. what are kingpin feats to suggest he is more than a big guy with anger issues

DarkSaint85
Didn't Kingpin tank repeated blows from Daredevil with his billy clubs? Rage monster or not, you don't walk those off...

Dareangel
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Didn't Kingpin tank repeated blows from Daredevil with his billy clubs? Rage monster or not, you don't walk those off...

of course he tanked hits. but so would any guy in real life his size and while full of adrenaline in a middle of a fight. i didnt see kingpin do anything a real life guy his size and full of rage cant do

DarkSaint85
of course he tanked hits. but so would any guy in real life his size and while full of adrenaline in a middle of a fight. i didnt see kingpin do anything a real life guy his size and full with anger cant do

Fair enough. I personally don't think a guy his size, even when full of rage, would tank multiple blows from a trained MA, using what essentially sounded like metal poles (sparks were flying off them when he hit Fisk's pipes, and you can hear them when he throws them to the ground). The fight is around 1:22:

9088F9l6KDA

Fisk wasn't even affected apart from some bleeding from before. Not groggy or anything. Adrenaline or not, it's just physics.

Dareangel
they could be aluminium for all that we know. kingpin is tough, never said otherwise. however, again, in my personal opinion and experience, taking the hits kingpin took and do what he did, is not beyond a person his size, full of rage and adrenaline in a middle of a fight. but i understand your opinion as well its not far stretched.

leonidas
Fair enough. I personally don't think a guy his size, even when full of rage, would tank multiple blows from a trained MA, using what essentially sounded like metal poles (sparks were flying off them when he hit Fisk's pipes, and you can hear them when he throws them to the ground). The fight is around 1:22:

9088F9l6KDA

Fisk wasn't even affected apart from some bleeding from before. Not groggy or anything. Adrenaline or not, it's just physics.

a normal dude def doesn't walk that off. no chance. fisk was clearly low level super imo.

Dareangel
You will be amazed at what real people can take. break bricks with their head, whitstand tazers, flip cars, the human endurance and strength are not that gentle as you may think.

tkitna

Thats what I was thinking too. The guys strength and damage soak is off the charts.

basilisk
Ozy will destroy tv show daredevil. the tv show daredevil is getting beat up and trashed left and right by thugs. he got almost killed by that japanese yakuza master forgot his name. Tv series daredevil is presented very humanly. the ozy from the movie is superhuman with insane speed and skills. he will destroy this version of daredevil and movie version of daredevil as well

Originally posted by leonidas
i think the watchmen were pretty overtly superhuman to a degree at least. ozy catching bullets and punching people across the lengths of a large room. effortlessly carrying a 250lbs comedian and throwing him through that bullet-proof glass in the hotel. i don't see dd having better speed feats, and ozy took several defenseless blows from an enraged night owl who himself was throwing people across rooms with punches. i think he'd beat dd. movie cap would be a better fight imo but cap would take it. ozy didn't have enough feats to compete with cap, though i think it would be a great fight. couldn't think of anyone else to pair him with. widow maybe? not sure.

Basically what I was thinking. I was quite surprised at the time just how superhuman the supposedly street characters were with Owlman and Silk tossing people around. And then of course Ozy was beating up on them and catching bullets. Cap would be a great fight but yeah Cap would win.

h1a8
Ozy stomps. This isn't even close

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.