So I drank 14 bottles of water yesterday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Jmanghan
Read up that apparently your kidney can only filter out 1 LITER per hour?

wtf? I was drinking 4 bottles of water within a single hour due to me being sick.

rip.

walshy
so not drinking enough water is bad but so is drinking too much? everything in moderation i guess

it was nice knowing you jman

Jmanghan
Originally posted by walshy
so not drinking enough water is bad but so is drinking too much? everything in moderation i guess

it was nice knowing you jman whats worse is, if you drink more then 15 bottles of water a day, you're ****ed, cause that is the maximum amount of water your kidneys can filter.

Doing this can:

Reduce kidney function.

Cause hyponatremia - A condition that occurs when the level of sodium in the blood is too low.

And if hyponatremia isn't bad enough...

There's water intoxication, so now there's alcohol poisoning, and water intoxication:

"Drinking too much water can decrease sodium in the blood to dangerously low levels, causing mild to life-threatening problems. People who participate in endurance activities, such as a marathon or triathlon, are at risk."

"Confusion, nausea, and vomiting are symptoms. Severe cases can cause seizures, coma, and death."

Gonna be smarter with water consumption since apparently it can cause kidney damage, hyponatremia, and water intoxication.

walshy
boy am I glad I don't even drink water , I just have 3-5 cans of pepsi or coke a day and I'm fit as a fiddle

Jmanghan
Originally posted by walshy
boy am I glad I don't even drink water , I just have 3-5 cans of pepsi or coke a day and I'm fit as a fiddle Damn you, even with my water consumption and exercises I'm still somewhat overweight, but thats okay though, I don't think its enough to affect my health, weight-wise.

LordofBrooklyn
This would mean you aren't releasing water in other ways. That in combination with the amount of salt and fat that is in the average diet.

It is HIGHLY unlikely you are going to DIE from too much water.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.