The Hero of Tython vs. Meetra Surik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt
Act III HoT vs. Meetra Surik

Who wins?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hero, easily.

The Ellimist
The only chance for Meetra is if you argue that Kotor II Exile > Revan novel Exile.

Geistalt
And > Act III Vitiate (in terms of dueling).

AncientPower
Meetra gives him a great fight, given her scaling off of Satele and other TOR Jedi, but obviously the Hero is the strongest Jedi ever up to his time. Barsen'thor is a much better fight.

The Ellimist
I don't think the Hero is above Revan Reborn.

Geistalt

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Novel Revan defeats any Outlander/HoT sans maybe peak KOTET Outlander. Maybe.

SOR Revan should defeat any Outlander.

Geistalt
Even though the Hero succeeded where novel Revan failed.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Geistalt
Even though the Hero succeeded where novel Revan failed.

Haha the contexts are massively different.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Lmao.

AncientPower
Given KOTET Outlander > Unchained Vaylin, and that there's no reason to suggest he isn't still growing more powerful, I doubt SOR Revan > prime Outlander.

Geistalt
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Haha the contexts are massively different. Explain.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'd argue there's reason to believe peak KOTET Outlander doesn't possess more or equal raw power to Unchained Vaylin, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Explain.

Vitiate was massively weakened in SWTOR due to his ritual failing and Sel Makor's assault.

Geistalt
Nowhere is that stated. It's fanon.

In fact, we got Hall Hood stating he beat Vitiate at full power about a year ago.

AncientPower
The Emperor had poured his power into the Dark Ritual, prior to that he was weakened by the Voss of the Emperor dying, he was simultaneously suppressing Vaylin's power and a whole ton of other shit. He had no such circumstances in his victory over Revan.

Geistalt
And Vaylin's power was suppressed by her experience on Nathema.

AncientPower

In fact, we got Hall Hood stating he beat Vitiate at full power about a year ago.

The entire fvcking mission states the Emperor is vulnerable due to the ritual. Kek.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

The hell?

It's explicitly stated various times in the Jedi Knight Story that Vitiate was weakened, and Charles Boyd stated that Vitiate was weakened as well. Hall Hood never said the Hero beat Vitiate at full power, either.

Geistalt
Provide a quote; then I'll believe you.

AncientPower
Given Vaylin was already off of Nathema before Thexan died, and that it's stated that it was where he decided to condition her and the aforementioned statement that his death on Dromund Kaas released her strength. You're wrong.

The Ellimist
lawl taking advantage of the fact that Skillz isn't gonna go looking for quotes. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Provide a quote; then I'll believe you.

Uh, you've played the game, right? Or watched the Jedi Knight Story?:

http://dulfy.net/2017/06/30/swtor-charles-boyd-kotfe-backstory/

http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/doomsday/5871/

AncientPower

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Ellimist
lawl taking advantage of the fact that Skillz isn't gonna go looking for quotes. smile

Wrong. smile

AncientPower
It's not from the Codex, by the way. It's the mission statement you're given.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I consider that part of the codex, tbh. smile

AncientPower
Fair enough.

Feel free to praise my post in the TP thread, tbfh.

I go away for 12 hours and the whole brigade loses it shit arguing about Vitiate's least impressive tp feats.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Also:

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AncientPower
Fair enough.

Feel free to praise my post in the TP thread, tbfh.

I go away for 12 hours and the whole brigade loses it shit arguing about Vitiate's least impressive tp feats.

The First Son slipped my mind, tbh.

Can't forget the Dread Masters or Terhak Morrhage, either.

AncientPower
Dread Masters are iffy, I'm not confident enough to claim them too unless you have evidence I don't.

Geistalt
Applause.

but
refers to after the mission to Dromund Kaas.

And there's still the question of whether weakened SWTOR Vitiate's weaker than full-strength Revan Vitiate.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes, so during the fight with the Hero he would be suppressing Vaylin's power while also being weakened from Sel Makor and his ritual failing.

AncientPower
Yes; because he was dead and couldn't control her anymore. Vitiate was on Yavin IV as a nebulous spirit the whole time after his death. It was his fail safe should the worst occur.

Given the huge drainage to his power, I'd certainly say so.

TenebrousWay
Hero in a very good fight.

Geistalt
No; all it says is that he failed to hide Vaylin's strength from her when he was on Yavin 4. It also implies that most of his power was in his body on Dromund Kaas.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Uh, yes...implying when he wasn't on Yavin IV he was hiding her powers from her.

AncientPower
Are you dense? When he died in the Dark Temple, his spirit was locked away in the Temple on Yavin IV and waited there, guarded by his Imperial Guard, until he could be released.

His death released his control on Vaylin's Force power.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Geistalt
Just so you know, the fact that he was able to hide her power from her while his Dromund Kaas body was alive doesn't mean he was doing it.

If he was, though, that just makes Valk more impressive. I don't like it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Just so you know, the fact that he was able to hide her power from her while his Dromund Kaas body was alive doesn't mean he was doing it.

Huh?

Geistalt
And I mean constantly doing it; surely the bulk of his focus would have been on the fight with the HoT.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He was doing it constantly. He didn't want Vaylin to discover her powers; it wouldn't be an on and off thing.

And sure, but it's just another factor that's weakening Vitiate.

Geistalt
In fact, I thought all he did to suppress her power was say the phrase.

AncientPower
I think I just suffered brain trauma. You realise that he would have to be doing it constantly to stop her from gaining her full powers? Nothing you just claimed makes any sense whatsoever.

The phrase is something he can use any time to mentally control her, it's not the same thing. After the event Valkorion couldn't just suppress her again because she'd gained so much power in his absence.

Suppressing power is far more difficult than TP domination.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.