What if ONE (One Punch Man creator) goes out of his way to...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
make Saitama purposefully more powerful then Goku?

I mean, at his heart, he's still just a popular internet celebrity who makes a world-famous webcomic that happens to be adapted to manga and anime, so at the end of the day, he makes the rules, and I assume we go with the webcomic anyway due to that being his most recent version, him being just some guy means he has more time on his hands, and he seems just like the type of dude that would be interested in something like looking "who would win" scenarios.

With that said, ONE could see how it's going and be like "Oh, I have the opportunity to make Goku look like an ant in comparison", I don't know how, but he'd just have to come up with feats that far outweigh Goku's.

Currently, all we know is that Saitama is able to take world-ending attacks with absolutely no damage done to him, but we don't know how much it'll take to hurt him.

It just doesn't seem like Akira Toriyama would care, where I could see ONE caring slightly, but kinda making it an afterthought.

What do you guys think?

cdtm
Just give him a sword, and he's automatically be more powerful then Goku.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Just give him a sword, and he's automatically be more powerful then Goku. ???

cdtm
Dragon Ball characters are vulnerable to cutting/piercing damage, like Wonder Woman.

That's why Krillin's destructo disc is disproportionately more effective then other attacks, because it"s a hard light bladed weapon.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Jmanghan
make Saitama purposefully more powerful then Goku?

I mean, at his heart, he's still just a popular internet celebrity who makes a world-famous webcomic that happens to be adapted to manga and anime, so at the end of the day, he makes the rules, and I assume we go with the webcomic anyway due to that being his most recent version, him being just some guy means he has more time on his hands, and he seems just like the type of dude that would be interested in something like looking "who would win" scenarios.

With that said, ONE could see how it's going and be like "Oh, I have the opportunity to make Goku look like an ant in comparison", I don't know how, but he'd just have to come up with feats that far outweigh Goku's.

Currently, all we know is that Saitama is able to take world-ending attacks with absolutely no damage done to him, but we don't know how much it'll take to hurt him.

It just doesn't seem like Akira Toriyama would care, where I could see ONE caring slightly, but kinda making it an afterthought.

What do you guys think? One doesn't care either. Saitama was made specifically to mock shounen's obsession with "feats" and "power levels." One Punch Man may have some serious and subtle themes every now and then, but Saitama himself will never be taken seriously, which is the point of his character.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
One doesn't care either.

--and neither should you. thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
--and neither should you. thumb up Stop being a prick.

NewGuy01
Get on my level. thumb down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.