Global Integration Scale - Where would you put yourself?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lazybones
On this 7-option scale on global integration, what do you think is preferable for your country, and the closest (ie. not necessarily identical) to your viewpoints?

Ultranationalist:My country should seek zero integration in order to safeguard the culture, predominance and purity of my people. Immigration should be totally barred for all outsiders and the language and values of my people are the only ones acceptable in my nation. Protectionism always takes precedence over free trade, with a pursuit of colonialist style policies in which my country should exploit/pillage inferior nations, where possible.

Nationalist: My country should seek a minimal amount of integration, as protection against cultures and ways of life that are inferior and potentially harmful. Immigration should be heavily restricted, and the language and values of my people should be given first class treatment, with those who do not share these to be barred from entry. Protectionism should typically take precedence over free trade, unless there is a guaranteed benefit for my country otherwise.

Patriotic:My country should seek a modest amount of integration, but no compromises can be made on the core values of my people. Immigration should be limited, but there should be a channel for non-natives who show a strong and persistent desire to integrate. The language and values of my people should be given strong preference in my nation, but other cultures are acceptable as long as they do not pose a threat to the social fabric. Protectionism and free trade should be determined on what will create more growth domestically in the long run.

Integrationist:My country should seek a notable amount of integration, with negotiations for political and economic unions initiated with very close neighbours. Immigration should be determined based on the needs of the country, and should be non-discriminatory in terms of race and culture. The language and values of my people should not be seen as inherently superior to others, and there should be an openness to learn. Free trade should be valued over protectionism, particularly with close neighbours.

Continentalist: My country should seek a great amount of integration, with negotiations for political and economic unions initiated with all the countries on my continent. Immigration controls should be lax, abolished for my continent, and pursued for the sake of cultural enrichment as well as economic benefits. The language and values of my people should be practised with some degree of humility, with the values of other peoples always treated with the principle of charity. Free trade should be valued over protectionism, ubiquitous on my continent, and pursued with any other nations that will engage.

Globalist: My country should seek an overwhelming amount of integration, with negotiations for political and economic unions initiated with all countries that are willing on a global scale. Immigration controls should be almost non-existent, and pursued for the sake of cultural enrichment regardless of economic benefits. The language and values of my people should be seen as just a small part of an emerging global culture, with the values of other people treated with humility. Free trade should always be valued over protectionism.

Ultraglobalist: My country should seek an unlimited amount of integration, with laws decided by a global body as the ultimate authority. Immigration controls of all kinds should be abolished, with all treated with reverence. The language and values of my people should ultimately be succeeded by a unified global culture and language, with nationalistic sentiments viewed with contempt. Free trade should be the norm for all countries except those seen as disadvantage, who should be given preferential and subsidised trade in a concerted effort to develop them and to make total reparations for past wrongs.

Emperordmb
Patriotic in regards to immigration, Globalist in regards to free trade vs protectionism.

Nephthys
Ultraglobalist.

ILS
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Patriotic in regards to immigration, Globalist in regards to free trade vs protectionism. This seems quite similar to my thoughts. Just let in the smart productive immigrants and trade freely with the rest of the world.

Flyattractor
I prefer to be a "GetTheFUKOffMyLawnlist" TBH.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I prefer to be a "GetTheFUKOffMyLawnlist" TBH.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/229/028/b76.jpg

Flyattractor
More like..

https://neulionsmbnyc-a.akamaihd.net/u/mt1/crtv/thumbs/categories/999_bg.jpg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ultraglobalist.

Me too.

Bring on the United Federation of Planets, please.

Pessimystic
Gavin McInnes is a pathetic race mixer.

Anyway, can I be an Ultranationalist Semi-Libertarian?

Emperordmb
UGGHHH two votes for UltraGlobalist?

-Pr-
Somewhere between a continentalist and a globalist, so picked the first one.

Emperordmb
We need more patriots. Also anyone in Europe saying they should push for unlimited immigration makes me laugh.

Pessimystic
What about Israel? They're an ethnostate and refuse non-Jewish immigrants... Doesn't seem too fair to me.

Kurk
Somewhere between Patriotic and Integrationist

Definitely patriotic for immigration

Economically it really depends on the specific sector. An influx of cheap goods versus outsourcing jobs have different implications. Definitely not a globalist so I'll say continentalist or integrationist depending on the specific trade issue.

dadudemon
Why can't we be patriotic and ultraglobalist?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kurk
Somewhere between Patriotic and Integrationist

Definitely patriotic for immigration

Economically it really depends on the specific sector. An influx of cheap goods versus outsourcing jobs have different implications. Definitely not a globalist so I'll say continentalist or integrationist depending on the specific trade issue.
Yeah I can see that.

Pessimystic
Originally posted by dadudemon
Why can't we be patriotic and ultraglobalist?
Because that's oxymoronic. They have the opposite goals.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Pessimystic
Because that's oxymoronic. They have the opposite goals.

What's this?

Patriotic Ultraglobalist: My country should seek a limited amount of immigration, with laws decided by a global body as the ultimate authority. Immigration controls of all kinds will always operate under the notion of welcoming within reason, with all treated with reverence and respect. The language of my people should ultimately be succeeded by a unified global language and that we accept that everyone comes from all sorts of cultures and background, with ultranationalistic sentiments viewed with contempt. Free trade should be the norm for all countries.

Emperordmb
So is that your stance? Because I find it much more agreeable than the bullshit "UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION" thing in the Ultraglobalist description.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So is that your stance? Because I find it much more agreeable than the bullshit "UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION" thing in the Ultraglobalist description.

Like I said, Star Trek way should be better. Accepting of all cultures and peoples and recognizing that we are all different. But there is a superculture of acceptance and altruism that all cultures are expected to participate in who are part of the UFP.

Rockydonovang
I'd be ultra galactic

Or am i a couple of centuries too early?

-Pr-
Originally posted by dadudemon
Like I said, Star Trek way should be better. Accepting of all cultures and peoples and recognizing that we are all different. But there is a superculture of acceptance and altruism that all cultures are expected to participate in who are part of the UFP.

It'd be nice if we could trust people to get along like that. Maybe it'll take an alien attack just to make us put our differences aside?

The Ellimist
It's a really case by case basis for me. E.g.: I think skilled immigrants have been essential to America's (my country's) flourishment, but I don't think we should compromise certain legal principles due to some cultural relativist arguments.

ArtificialGlory
Somewhere between Patriotic and Integrationist, but with a strong preference towards free trade.

Beniboybling
ultraglobalist. but once sharia law is in full effect in my country a hard u turn to ultranationalist

Pessimystic
Sharia Law > Degeneracy.

At least Muslims know how to discipline their women and throw gays of rooves.

ArtificialGlory
Sharia Law > Degeneracy.

At least Muslims know how to discipline their women and throw gays of roofs.
Good man, good word.

Beniboybling
race realist cucks.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Beniboybling
race realist cucks.
It's called 'homo realism' which involves the recognition of the reality that homosekshuls need to be tossed off of roofs.

Pessimystic
Yup, the race realists are the cucks thumb up

Pessimystic
Yup, the race realists are the cucks thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
It's called 'homo realism' which involves the recognition of the reality that homosekshuls need to be tossed off of roofs. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon5.gif

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Beniboybling
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon5.gif
https://twitter.com/bryanjfischer/status/513528694443229185

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.