Can These Guys Destroy Mljonir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Using physical force or whatever means

1. Superman
2. Despero
3. Green Scar
4. Superboy Prime
5. Kurse
6. Mangog
7. Thanos
8. King Thor

xJLxKing
The characters that can

1. Prime (i think he can)
2. King Thor can probably remove that huge storm
3. Mangog, recently he destroy war thor's hammer effortlessly. I'm convinced he can do the same to Thor's Mjolnir

The ones who can't
Superman
Green Scar
Thanos

The ones i'm not sure about
Kurse
Desparo (what version)

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The characters that can

3. Mangog, recently he destroy war thor's hammer effortlessly. I'm not convinced he can't do the same to Thor's Mjolnir

The ones who can't
Superman
Green Scar
Thanos

Kurse
Desparo (what version)

I agree on the 3 that can.

Sin I AM
Msngog or KT.

TethAdamTheRock
V & V Despero

Damborgson
Back in the day, this thread would have spilled some blood. It still might.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Damborgson
Back in the day, this thread would have spilled some blood. It still might.

Long as no1says superman/hulk or thanos it will remain cordial

Damborgson
*cue Abhi, Carver, Quan

Board Walker
Current Superman who is the result of preboot and post boot being merged, could effortlessly destroy it when not holding back.

Current Superman is above everyone on that list except Prime.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Board Walker
Current Superman who is the result of preboot and post boot being merged, could effortlessly destroy it when not holding back.

Current Superman is above everyone on that list except Prime.

No he cannot. Its only been destroyed by magic not blunt force.

Insane Titan

leonidas
no one on that list can destroy it. not even close, really, with the possible exception of king thor because his power would be a direct descendant of the power that created it, otherwise, no, not a chance.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No he cannot. Its only been destroyed by magic not blunt force.

Superman has destroyed magical items and beaten magical skyfathers with his new found power, so he won't be using blunt force, and yes he will destroy it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
no one on that list can destroy it. not even close, really, with the possible exception of king thor because his power would be a direct descendant of the power that created it, otherwise, no, not a chance.

Mangog trashed u mjolnir. Dont count him out. Plus id give a nod to prime based on how well he handles magic.

Board Walker
Not an act, just fact.

h1a8
The characters that can

3. Mangog, recently he destroy war thor's hammer effortlessly. I'm convinced he can do the same to Thor's Mjolnir

The ones who can't
Superman
Green Scar
Thanos

Kurse
Desparo (what version)

Thor with a portion of Odin force was able to do it striking Bor.
But it took striking a very durable being.
So
King Thor can
Prime can

Can you please post the Mangog feat or give issue number.

Sin I AM
Thor 701. Volstagg fought valiently but Mangog was too much

xJLxKing
Welp Sin I am beat me to it

Stoic
Long as no1says superman/hulk or thanos it will remain cordial

Thanos is on a much higher level now according to his encounter with Thane as a Phoenix Avatar. This places him above Odin. At least as far as the cosmic hierarchy is concerned. The God Quarry was definitely an upgrade for him, and I'm basing this on not just his ability to break even with a Phoenix avatar, but I also took note of his flight speed. He used to be able to hover, but he could never match the flight speed of a Phoenix avatar. I wouldn't bet against him being able to outright destroy Mjolnir.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos is on a much higher level now according to his encounter with Thane as a Phoenix Avatar. This places him above Odin. At least as far as the cosmic hierarchy is concerned. The God Quarry was definitely an upgrade for him, and I'm basing this on not just his ability to break even with a Phoenix avatar, but I also took note of his flight speed. He used to be able to hover, but he could never match the flight speed of a Phoenix avatar. I wouldn't bet against him being able to outright destroy Mjolnir.

Lol at flight speed.

Plus he beat a newie weilder of the PF which is akin to Rachel Grey level. Color me unimpressed. He couldve done that shit under his own power. Hmu when he doesnt face a scrub with daddy issues and an identity crisis

carver9
So people bring up Mangog destroying an Mjlonir type weapon without mentioning Greenscar destroying a Mjlonir type weapon. That's funny.

Stoic
Lol at flight speed.

Plus he beat a newie weilder of the PF which is akin to Rachel Grey level. Color me unimpressed. He couldve done that shit under his own power. Hmu when he doesnt face a scrub with daddy issues and an identity crisis

Good thing he has his own series now. Stay tuned.

panthergod
Superman oneshots Mjolnir at this point,

deathslash
Originally posted by carver9
So people bring up Mangog destroying an Mjlonir type weapon without mentioning Greenscar destroying a Mjlonir type weapon. That's funny. 1. That "mjlonir type weapon" was made by god doom and survived the destruction of reality.

2. What feat is this that you're trying to bring up?

DarkSaint85
He's referring to Nuul from Fear Itself, I think.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
So people bring up Mangog destroying an Mjlonir type weapon without mentioning Greenscar destroying a Mjlonir type weapon. That's funny.

Hope your not bringing up fear itself

Good thing he has his own series now. Stay tuned.

Im waiting. Thanos has done nothing but abuse his son and beat his dad. Lol and eros. If he needed an amp for that hed need the goddamn IG for mjolnir.

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Magnon
Plus he beat a newie weilder of the PF which is akin to Rachel Grey level.
Actually, Rachel as "Rachel Grey" doesn't have access to the full PF; she only retains a small echo of it. So her lack of power is not due to being inexperienced. But yeah, I guess you meant that Thane could only get about the same amount of juice out of the *full* PF as Rachel can from her *tiny, tiny fraction* of the same power.

Back in the day when she was known as "Rachel Summers" and had the full PF at her command she certainly was NOT a "newbie wielder" of it. She displayed FAR more power and skill in its use than that pathetic whiner Thane. Rachel Summers owned beings such as Galactus (& Nova) and pre-retcon Beyonder during her time as the Phoenix avatar.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6xoH967aC00/SPigIjAnCJI/AAAAAAAAKnc/kUEJRRbgF8M/s400/ex25-5.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56904/1620076-phoenix_rachel_vs_beyonder_06.jpg
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/uncanny-x-men-203-022.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Using physical force or whatever means

1. Superman
2. Despero
3. Green Scar
4. Superboy Prime
5. Kurse
6. Mangog
7. Thanos
8. King Thor

From that list? Superboy Prime, King Thor, Mangog, and Thanos.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Magnon
Actually, Rachel as "Rachel Grey" doesn't have access to the full PF; she only retains a small echo of it. So her lack of power is not due to being inexperienced. But yeah, I guess you meant that Thane could only get about the same amount of juice out of the *full* PF as Rachel can from her *tiny, tiny fraction* of the same power.

Back in the day when she was known as "Rachel Summers" and had the full PF at her command she certainly was NOT a "newbie wielder" of it. She displayed FAR more power and skill in its use than that pathetic whiner Thane. Rachel Summers owned beings such as Galactus (& Nova) and pre-retcon Beyonder during her time as the Phoenix avatar.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6xoH967aC00/SPigIjAnCJI/AAAAAAAAKnc/kUEJRRbgF8M/s400/ex25-5.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56904/1620076-phoenix_rachel_vs_beyonder_06.jpg
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/uncanny-x-men-203-022.jpg

Claremont? Those days are long gone buddy. PF, Beyonder etc is but a fraction of their former selves

xJLxKing

xJLxKing

zopzop

Sin I AM
That is NOT current Thanos nor does he have a cosmic cube in his possession or years to augment his body.

Stoic
That is NOT current Thanos nor does he have a cosmic cube in his possession or years to augment his body.

What or who do you think would be able to physically crush the hammer? We saw that Mangog was able to destroy a Mjolnir but that wasn't 616 Mjolnir (not sure why Marvel went that route seemed like a waste). I'm also thinking that since the Destroyer is made of sterner materials than Mjolnir that it should be able to destroy it as well. This is why I'm not thinking that it would be a far cry for Thanos to be able to break it as well. But then again throughout it's history, the hammer has been capable of deflecting shit that makes me doubtful that even a Galactus level being could muster. Maybe Mangog breaking the hammer is PIS.

h1a8
Scans of Mangog doing it?

leonidas
mangog breaking the ultimate thor's hammer was impressive, but it's not the real thing. the destroyer has damaged it in the past with its energy powers, but breaking it physically is something else entirely. i still don't see anyone here being able to do it, though the way this current mangog has been written, i guess it's possible he could do it. this version seems to be every bit as powerful as the original incarnation that scared the sh!t out of odin. /shrug

h1a8
Originally posted by leonidas
mangog breaking the ultimate thor's hammer was impressive, but it's not the real thing. the destroyer has damaged it in the past with its energy powers, but breaking it physically is something else entirely. i still don't see anyone here being able to do it, though the way this current mangog has been written, i guess it's possible he could do it. this version seems to be every bit as powerful as the original incarnation that scared the sh!t out of odin. /shrug

Lol ok.
It was deceiving to say Mangog destroyed Thor's hammer then.

Ultimate Thor and his hammer are considered weaker than their 616 counterparts.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
Scans of Mangog doing it?

Poor Volsty.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11132/111324203/6181642-takes+this+insane+punch+from+mangog.jpg

Sin I AM
What or who do you think would be able to physically crush the hammer? We saw that Mangog was able to destroy a Mjolnir but that wasn't 616 Mjolnir (not sure why Marvel went that route seemed like a waste). I'm also thinking that since the Destroyer is made of sterner materials than Mjolnir that it should be able to destroy it as well. This is why I'm not thinking that it would be a far cry for Thanos to be able to break it as well. But then again throughout it's history, the hammer has been capable of deflecting shit that makes me doubtful that even a Galactus level being could muster. Maybe Mangog breaking the hammer is PIS.

physically no1 under elite skyfather maybe higher given the uberness and sentience that the hammer has shown since Jane took it up

also mangog is a effing beast. this aint no doomsday

StiltmanFTW
Mjolnir*

Parmaniac

StiltmanFTW
laughing

thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Remember that (kid) Nova issue when Dr. Doom stole Mjolnir?

We found out then that even Thor himself has no idea how to spell it laughcry

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
That is NOT current Thanos nor does he have a cosmic cube in his possession or years to augment his body. He never uses the cube to amp his power, the scene with the cube is simply showing his past exploits.

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

xJLxKing

Sin I AM

DarkSaint85
It's not current Thanos,now.

It's current Thanos,at some unspecified point in the future.

So..... inadmissible.

Insane Titan

Sin I AM
Now who is cherry picking?

True it does say he is there to regain his power. However, the quarry did not contain Thanos lost power but the power of the Dead Gods. And seeing as to his performance prior to this new arc was lacking I see no reason why an amp would be somehow out the realm of possibility.

Again writer comments and what his the pages are two different things. I take your word that he wishes him to be some cosmic threat but until it's shown its just that...intention.

Its not relevant. You can post a scene from one day in the future showing Hulk killing Odin but its not "current" Hulk so its inadmissable. In any event nothing depicted now or in the future showed him capable of destroying mlojnir. It is simply beyond his power

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Steve Zodiac
Long ago, Thanos was cool as anything, then he became emo, then he became Dione. Now he is love lost and aged and is going to do anything to get death back by his side. Shame, I loved Thanos when he wasn't a *****.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Long ago, Thanos was cool as anything, then he became emo, then he became Dione. Now he is love lost and aged and is going to do anything to get death back by his side. Shame, I loved Thanos when he wasn't a *****. Did you just ****ing insult Lord Thanos you piece of filth. Thanos has been, always gonna be, and will be forever the best character in the history of comics. That's the point of the character.

Insane Titan

Stoic
How could the God Quarry contain his lost power if he did not die yet? I don't believe that it did. I believe that he gained more power than he previously had which was to make him more powerful for some upcoming grand cosmic event. Thanos has the power of flight now. Can someone show me once where Thanos was able to fly at FTL speeds under his own power? If this were the case why did he fight the Fallen One like he did? Why did he need his chair? This was a boost.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pissed off King Thor maybe.

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

Sin I AM

Insane Titan

Stoic
I think that I'm going to go back and re-read it, because I'm really confused here. If the God Quarry held all of the power of dead gods, but Thanos was not dead, how was his power placed there? How could Thane with the Phoenix Force have power over the God Quarry when he had no idea that this placed existed, unless he did, and I missed that part? And for the last question that seems to be stumping me, Thane didn't seem to have any power over anything in the God Quarry, which is why the Sisters were able to easily strip him of the Phoenix Force??? Yeah I'm going to re-read it. Oh, and how was this not an upgrade for Thanos when he could never fly back in the day? I've seen him levitate, but never fly FTL.

xJLxKing
The god quarry did not contain his power. Only the power of DEAD and FORGOTTEN gods who layed there. Thanos was neither a dead or forgotten anything. Quit reaching its embarrassing

Hand waving his lows got it.

Lol at the Imperial Guard but no mention of Gladiator sure IT.

You alluded to it as something that was noteworthy. It was not. Stop including feats that hold no weight then backtracking.
How do you explain how Thane lost his power? He was neither dead nor forgotten?

Sin I AM
I think that I'm going to go back and re-read it, because I'm really confused here. If the God Quarry held all of the power of dead gods, but Thanos was not dead, how was his power placed there? How could Thane with the Phoenix Force have power over the God Quarry when he had no idea that this placed existed, unless he did, and I missed that part? And for the last question that seems to be stumping me, Thane didn't seem to have any power over anything in the God Quarry, which is why the Sisters were able to easily strip him of the Phoenix Force??? Yeah I'm going to re-read it. Oh, and how was this not an upgrade for Thanos when he could never fly back in the day? I've seen him levitate, but never fly FTL.

Ok. Thane while under the influence of Ebony Maw was in a fight with Corvus and his troops. During that battle Thane lost his power to the sisters ot eternity because "plot" and they stripped him while fighting Corvus Glaive. Maw pleaded for his life and Thane got beaten and imprisoned for months.

During this time Thanos came back beat the shit out of Corvus. Casually broke his blade (that Hulk fans jerk off about becuz Banner resisted it but failed) and Corvus killed himself.

Now while in jail Thane started losing it and Death spoke to him...promised him power and revenge. Thane said he had no way to beat Thanos to wit Death revealed he was dying.

Phoenix force came along afterwards when Champion, Eros and Nebula helped Thane steal the cosmic egg from Terrax. The group finds out that Thane tricked them i think Nebula shot hom and he was resurrected as an avatar of phoenix (life, death, rebirth bs)

Now mind while this is happening Thanos went to his dad to see if he could help heal him. His dad said no. Thanos killed Mentor. Then he reluctantly fought 3 waves of Imperial Gaurdsman. They were kicking his ass making him bleed but hes Thanos and wasnt going out without a fight. Also remember Thanos is phucking dying during all this so hes weakened. Gladiator up shows after the massive brawl and one shots Thanos.

He (Thanos) gets locked up again (he had just got thrown in jail by the avengers) and manages to escape due to a dumb gloating guard. He breaks free, flees....yadda yadda.

Thane shows up whereever Thanos landed. Wrecks him with his newfound power and bfrs him. After that my memory gets hazy becuz iirc Death said dont kill him. Lets go kill earth.

More filler and Thanos ends up in the God Quarry with Eros. The witches say the quarry is filled with the power of dead gods. Thanos seeks that power. Takes a simple ass test any 2 yr Xman could pass reclaims the power and goes off to fight Thane. They stalemate till they get sucked back into the god quarry. The sisters banish the pf and death. Thanos leaves his son to rot and thats it.

Sin I AM
How do you explain how Thane lost his power? He was neither dead nor forgotten?

The Sisters proclaimed that there is no power that they cannot take...so they took it. I think becuz they say he was no mad titan but a pawn to be used by whomever. Death, Maw, Avengers etc..dude is weak af

xJLxKing
The Sisters proclaimed that there is no power that they cannot take...so they took it. I think becuz they say he was no mad titan but a pawn to be used by whomever. Death, Maw, Avengers etc..dude is weak af
That doesn't really make sense big grin

It makes more sense that they are able to take the power of beings that are gods. Thanos is a god (Titan), by blood, his Thane is as well. If they able to take Thanes power away, surely they can grant his power back if worthy.

Thanos lost his power. The coven granted him a challenge to see if he is worthy to get it back. His proved his worth.

Thane on the other could not prove it. His punishment is that he permanently loses his power and himself.

I don't see where Thanos obtained a power up. That's just me. We way have to wait for future issues to see if it's stated or explain but as of now it's no real mention or implication that it was a power up.

Sin I AM
That doesn't really make sense big grin

It makes more sense that they are able to take the power of beings that are gods. Thanos is a god (Titan), by blood, his Thane is as well. If they able to take Thanes power away, surely they can grant his power back if worthy.

Thanos lost his power. The coven granted him a challenge to see if he is worthy to get it back. His proved his worth.

Thane on the other could not prove it. His punishment is that he permanently loses his power and himself.

I don't see where Thanos obtained a power up. That's just me. We way have to wait for future issues to see if it's stated or explain but as of now it's no real mention or implication that it was a power up.

thanos was never a god. amd it has nothing to do with godly power since they casually banished both the PF and Death and punked the shit out of Starfox. thane was an inhuman/eternal hybrid not a god

Stoic
Ok. Thane while under the influence of Ebony Maw was in a fight with Corvus and his troops. During that battle Thane lost his power to the sisters ot eternity because "plot" and they stripped him while fighting Corvus Glaive. Maw pleaded for his life and Thane got beaten and imprisoned for months.

During this time Thanos came back beat the shit out of Corvus. Casually broke his blade (that Hulk fans jerk off about becuz Banner resisted it but failed) and Corvus killed himself.

Now while in jail Thane started losing it and Death spoke to him...promised him power and revenge. Thane said he had no way to beat Thanos to wit Death revealed he was dying.

Phoenix force came along afterwards when Champion, Eros and Nebula helped Thane steal the cosmic egg from Terrax. The group finds out that Thane tricked them i think Nebula shot hom and he was resurrected as an avatar of phoenix (life, death, rebirth bs)

Now mind while this is happening Thanos went to his dad to see if he could help heal him. His dad said no. Thanos killed Mentor. Then he reluctantly fought 3 waves of Imperial Gaurdsman. They were kicking his ass making him bleed but hes Thanos and wasnt going out without a fight. Also remember Thanos is phucking dying during all this so hes weakened. Gladiator up shows after the massive brawl and one shots Thanos.

He (Thanos) gets locked up again (he had just got thrown in jail by the avengers) and manages to escape due to a dumb gloating guard. He breaks free, flees....yadda yadda.

Thane shows up whereever Thanos landed. Wrecks him with his newfound power and bfrs him. After that my memory gets hazy becuz iirc Death said dont kill him. Lets go kill earth.

More filler and Thanos ends up in the God Quarry with Eros. The witches say the quarry is filled with the power of dead gods. Thanos seeks that power. Takes a simple ass test any 2 yr Xman could pass reclaims the power and goes off to fight Thane. They stalemate till they get sucked back into the god quarry. The sisters banish the pf and death. Thanos leaves his son to rot and thats it.

Thanks. Still going to re-read it, because I don't see how Thanos is currently at the same level as he was when he fought Annihilus. I mean if he could fly like that why would he have remained planet side as Annihilus bombed the planet killing hero after hero? not to mention that i still have yet to see any scans of him flying at those speeds. Like I mentioned, I've seen him levitate before but never outright fly at speeds that would allow for him to keep pace with a Phoenix Avatar. Just remember, Thane overtook Nebula's space craft easily.

Sin I AM
Thanks. Still going to re-read it, because I don't see how Thanos is currently at the same level as he was when he fought Annihilus. I mean if he could fly like that why would he have remained planet side as Annihilus bombed the planet killing hero after hero? not to mention that i still have yet to see any scans of him flying at those speeds. Like I mentioned, I've seen him levitate before but never outright fly at speeds that would allow for him to keep pace with a Phoenix Avatar. Just remember, Thane overtook Nebula's space craft easily.

thats y i said he was amped, just read his current ongoing

Insane Titan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.