Kilowog (Ringless) vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Flyattractor
Probably Thing.

Stoic
Ben

riv6672
I say Ben.

Damborgson
Kilowog is that strong without the ring? Thing level?

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson

No

Bentley
Thing speedblitzes him, mindrapes him and turns him into a turnip.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
No

He tanked being engulfed in flames by Black Hand, who stole the powers of five lanterns, and then proceeded to beat him down without using his ring.

He also physically bent bars on a construct Guy Garder made, that was strong enough to contain a group of GL's who needed to combine their will to destroy it...

krisblaze
Originally posted by Damborgson

He fought Supes...

cdtm
Originally posted by krisblaze
He fought Supes...

Was this in the 80's?

Supes was struggling with Mammoth back then. Got taken out by the Fearsome Five, even.

CosmicComet
Even if Ben is superior in strength to an opponent, he will find a way to lose.

Always.

The heart force is not for winning, it's for producing sympathy in tough losses.

Stoic
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Even if Ben is superior in strength to an opponent, he will find a way to lose.

Always.

The heart force is not for winning, it's for producing sympathy in tough losses.

I never saw Ben as a scrub man. If he was ever at the losing end it was due to him being put up against guys well above his weight class like his titanic battles against the Hulk. Him losing to the Juggernaut isn't a poor showing either. This is the same guy that got hammered on by the Champion, and he's the same guy that later became a Galactic heavy weight wrestling champion. Ben is in Sasquatch's weight class, and he made Sasquatch comment about how hard he punched with those savage fists of his.

Originally posted by cdtm
He tanked being engulfed in flames by Black Hand, who stole the powers of five lanterns, and then proceeded to beat him down without using his ring.

He also physically bent bars on a construct Guy Garder made, that was strong enough to contain a group of GL's who needed to combine their will to destroy it...

Who did the Black Hand defeat with his bare hands though? IMO this is Ben's fight to lose. Look at all of his decades of history. Can you even begin to compare them in terms of feat numbers? This may not be a stomp, which isn't what I ever suggested, but Ben is powerhouse in his own right.

cdtm
I never saw Ben as a scrub man. If he was ever at the losing end it was due to him being put up against guys well above his weight class like his titanic battles against the Hulk. Him losing to the Juggernaut isn't a poor showing either. This is the same guy that got hammered on by the Champion, and he's the same guy that later became a Galactic heavy weight wrestling champion. Ben is in Sasquatch's weight class, and he made Sasquatch comment about how hard he punched with those savage fists of his.

Who did the Black Hand defeat with his bare hands though? IMO this is Ben's fight to lose. Look at all of his decades of history. Can you even begin to compare them in terms of feat numbers? This may not be a stomp, which isn't what I ever suggested, but Ben is powerhouse in his own right.

Kilowog powered through energy attacks to get his hands on him.

Because using his ring only empowered him. It's a raw toughness feat.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Kilowog powered through energy attacks to get his hands on him.

Because using his ring only empowered him. It's a raw toughness feat.

Do you really think that Kilowog would be able to physically defeat a guy that has gone toe to toe with Namor, or the Hulk? refused to go down when being pounded on by the Champion of the Universe? You want to talk about tough? Ben has typically been portrayed throughout the years as being a bit stronger than Kilowog IMO.

Steve Zodiac
Do you really think that Kilowog would be able to physically defeat a guy that has gone toe to toe with Namor, or the Hulk? refused to go down when being pounded on by the Champion of the Universe? You want to talk about tough? Ben has typically been portrayed throughout the years as being a bit stronger than Kilowog IMO. He's beaten a guy who went toe to toe with Mongul. Mongul would beat Namor.

Stoic
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
He's beaten a guy who went toe to toe with Mongul. Mongul would beat Namor.

I wouldn't so sure that Mongul beats Namor. If not for the laser vision of Hyperion Namor was holding his own. Not to mention Namor having defeated Hulk, easily beating Ironman during the Illuminati mess. Namor would give Mongul hell, considering he did go toe to toe against Sentry and wasn't outright trounced. He was also given props by Blue Marvel. Namor like Mongul are a slight step away from top tier. That says a lot about Ben BTW.

h1a8
Do you really think that Kilowog would be able to physically defeat a guy that has gone toe to toe with Namor, or the Hulk? refused to go down when being pounded on by the Champion of the Universe? You want to talk about tough? Ben has typically been portrayed throughout the years as being a bit stronger than Kilowog IMO.

Ben's strength is fixed in Marvel. He's never over 100 tons. So him fighting anyone far stronger and doing well is a low showing for them.

Ben is the one true constant in Marvel.

riv6672
^^^he still wins, though.

TethAdamTheRock
Current Kilowog wins

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Ben's strength is fixed in Marvel. He's never over 100 tons. So him fighting anyone far stronger and doing well is a low showing for them.

Ben is the one true constant in Marvel.

I wouldn't pay much attention to Ben being placed within the Class 85 range. He's lifted objects that were well above 100 tons. Nice try though.

xJLxKing
Kilowog has some very nice feats without his Ring but I give it to Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.