Thanos VS king Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
scenario 1 - King Thor before he was worthy again of mjolnir

scenario 2 - king thor after he became worthy once again and beheaded desak

h1a8
King Thor in both. Thanos or his shields are not more durable than Cap's shield. Plus Destroyer's DB>>>>>Thanos beams and Destroyer's DB did almost nothing to Thor.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
King Thor in both. Thanos or his shields are not more durable than Cap's shield. Plus Destroyer's DB>>>>>Thanos beams and Destroyer's DB did almost nothing to Thor.

Thanos is not the same guy that he once was.

Sin I AM
Thor in both. Need some better feats from the Titan

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thor in both. Need some better feats from the Titan

I don't recall King Thor facing off against anyone greater than Thane with the Phoenix Force? There is absolutely no reason at all to claim that Thane was any less powerful than Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force. If so is there any hard evidence to prove that he wasn't? Bravado on Thanos' part isn't enough in my opinion. This is not the same Thanos that faced off against Odin. He is definitely more powerful these days.

Damborgson
King Thor in round 2 for sure,

King Thor in round 1 would give him hell.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos is not the same guy that he once was.

My statement still holds. Thanos is not more durable than Cap's shield and Thanos blasts are not more powerful than the Destroyer's.

h1a8
I don't recall King Thor facing off against anyone greater than Thane with the Phoenix Force? There is absolutely no reason at all to claim that Thane was any less powerful than Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force. If so is there any hard evidence to prove that he wasn't? Bravado on Thanos' part isn't enough in my opinion. This is not the same Thanos that faced off against Odin. He is definitely more powerful these days.

He faced off against Cap's shield, and Destroyer's beam.

Sin I AM

Thane? are you confusing hyperbole with actual feats? Thane beat a weakened dying Thanos and lost to an amped one. That's it. In no way was he equal to the greatest avatar of the PF. Thanos also has done nothing but beat a newbie inexperienced avatar of the phoenix force who by his own admission did not understand the power he wielded.

Thor wrecks him

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thane? are you confusing hyperbole with actual feats? Thane beat a weakened dying Thanos and lost to an amped one. That's it. In no way was he equal to the greatest avatar of the PF. Thanos also has done nothing but beat a newbie inexperienced avatar of the phoenix force who by his own admission did not understand the power he wielded.

Thor wrecks him

I'm not seeing the evidence that he was below Jean. Who exactly did Jean defeat again? Who on God Quarry Thanos' level did she fight? The X-Men? No one right? Her greatest feat was casually devouring a star. Thane was capable of this as well. It wasn't as if it took Thane an entire mini series to learn how to fly or anything. You want to know why? Because all PF Avy's possess cosmic awareness.

You're attempting to move the goal posts here by stating that I'm the one making more of Thanos bravado than is warranted. you're the one under that impression from another post in the can these guys destroy Mjolnir thread.

He faced off against Cap's shield, and Destroyer's beam.

And? Thanos fought a full blown Phoenix Force Avatar and held his own.

My statement still holds. Thanos is not more durable than Cap's shield and Thanos blasts are not more powerful than the Destroyer's.

Based on what more than your opinion? Thanos is more powerful than you remember. Try reading his current series. The Phoenix without a host nearly turned the Destroyer into slag recently. Caps shield was rated just below Sky Father damage tolerance which is the version of the shield that you are referring to. It has since been upgraded, which happened towards the end of Fear Itself.

riv6672
Thor in both.

h1a8
I'm not seeing the evidence that he was below Jean. Who exactly did Jean defeat again? Who on God Quarry Thanos' level did she fight? The X-Men? No one right? Her greatest feat was casually devouring a star. Thane was capable of this as well. It wasn't as if it took Thane an entire mini series to learn how to fly or anything. You want to know why? Because all PF Avy's possess cosmic awareness.

You're attempting to move the goal posts here by stating that I'm the one making more of Thanos bravado than is warranted. you're the one under that impression from another post in the can these guys destroy Mjolnir thread.

Based on what more than your opinion? Thanos is more powerful than you remember. Try reading his current series. The Phoenix without a host nearly turned the Destroyer into slag recently. Caps shield was rated just below Sky Father damage tolerance which is the version of the shield that you are referring to. It has since been upgraded, which happened towards the end of Fear Itself. You are derailing the thread. Let's make it simple.

Prove that Thanos is more durable than Cap's shield.
Prove that he can blast stronger than the Destroyer's DB.

Stoic
You are derailing the thread. Let's make it simple.

Prove that Thanos is more durable than Cap's shield.
Prove that he can blast stronger than the Destroyer's DB.

Prove that the Destroyer can defeat a Phoenix Avatar. It doesn't matter at this point because you have yet to even read Thanos. There isn't one thread that I recall you ever giving Thanos the win, so arguing back and forth with you is pointless. I'll leave this off at we will have to stay tuned. Marvel's plans as of 2-3 years ago had Thanos rise to Where Galactus was, which was above Odin, and Zeus. Deal with it, Thanos is a cash cow for Marvel, and has always been favored. But again I'll wait until his book matures to see just how powerful he actually is.

Sin I AM

Based on what more than your opinion? Thanos is more powerful than you remember. Try reading his current series. The Phoenix without a host nearly turned the Destroyer into slag recently. Caps shield was rated just below Sky Father damage tolerance which is the version of the shield that you are referring to. It has since been upgraded, which happened towards the end of Fear Itself.

Which phoenix Jean are you comparing Thane to first of all?

h1a8
Prove that the Destroyer can defeat a Phoenix Avatar. It doesn't matter at this point because you have yet to even read Thanos. There isn't one thread that I recall you ever giving Thanos the win, so arguing back and forth with you is pointless. I'll leave this off at we will have to stay tuned. Marvel's plans as of 2-3 years ago had Thanos rise to Where Galactus was, which was above Odin, and Zeus. Deal with it, Thanos is a cash cow for Marvel, and has always been favored. But again I'll wait until his book matures to see just how powerful he actually is.

So that means you can't prove either. I'll help you out.

Can Phoenix Avatar blast strong enough to damage Cap's shield like Thor did? If so and if Thanos tanked them then he is more durable than Cap's shield against energy.

In blasting the Phoenix avatar, did Thanos blast stronger than the Destroyer's DB? If so then he could possibly hurt Thor with his blasts. But you must prove it.

h1a8

Also Destroyer can beat a Phoenix avatar. It's hand beams can slice Mjolnir in half.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.