So lets talk racism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
This is a thread for getting it all off your chest. The only rule, is we assume a "in my experience" view. This doesn't make a blanket statement on any group, we assume anedotal evidence doesn't prove shit.

So I'll start:

The biggest arseholes I've ever met in my life all happen to have Irish American blood. I don't know what it is, but for some reason almost everyone with Irish ancestory has been incedibly condescending.

Case in point, I used to help out a friend at his landscaping service. It was a "whenever you feel like it" arrangement, and he'd take good care of me, never demanded I work fast or anything like that. We worked, but it was half screwing around, because we were kids.

So he passed out these fliers, and we hit this one upscale neighborhood. This red haired, very attractive woman answers the door, and we ask if she needs any work done.

And she says (I kid you not), "Oh, no thank you. We have a nice Irish boy who does the yard.

This, she says to my very Italian looking friend.

Needless to say, ruined his whole day.

That's the worst example, but in general I've found Irish guys to be very, very intolerant of anything that even smells of stupid. Any brain farts or the like, and they pounce like wolves, with some biting remark.

ILS
Yes, I'm in favour of it, sounds good to me.

Sorry, what was the question?

Afro Cheese
xgrdPF6yKpc

Robtard
Your WOP friend should have headbutted her in the c--t

cdtm
Originally posted by ILS
Yes, I'm in favour of it, sounds good to me.

Sorry, what was the question?

Tbh, I just want to see what people actually experience, or what they think.

Of COURSE I know plenty of good guys with Irish in them. That's not the point.

The point is, we are our experiences. And this is a "safe space" to see what those experiences are.

ILS
Originally posted by cdtm
Tbh, I just want to see what people actually experience, or what they think.

Of COURSE I know plenty of good guys with Irish in them. That's not the point.

The point is, we are our experiences. And this is a "safe space" to see what those experiences are. Hmm...

In my experience (Scottish white dude) the type of person I'm most prejudiced toward is poor white people. Usually because they are most prone to violence and I grew up around a lot of them. I think you'd be quite sensible to be wary around adults who drink during the day while wearing pyjamas tracksuits and don't care about speaking coherent English or having a decent haircut. Also poor white children/teenagers who are loud on the bus.

I don't think I've ever had a serious issue with any other demographic/group in my life, in fact I usually get on pretty well with Europeans/asians/blacks whenever I speak to them.

dadudemon
Well, this one time, a lady at work got super angry over me saying "Indian" and exclaimed, quite loudly, that she was Native American and not some Indian from India (that's both ignorant and racist).

The context of what I said? I said that there is an Indian Nations event coming up and all those who want to sign up to attend, the company is paying for it. haermm

She didn't hear the context. Only perked up when she heard the word "Indian."

She also got pregnant and didn't know she got pregnant and her water broke in the office, right on the floor. She was morbidly obese. I do not understand how she could not know she was pregnant for 9 months. But, that happened. And her area smelled bad and I had to call a cleaner to come in and shampoo her carpet because dass nassty.

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
This is a thread for getting it all off your chest. The only rule, is we assume a "in my experience" view. This doesn't make a blanket statement on any group, we assume anedotal evidence doesn't prove shit.

So I'll start:

The biggest arseholes I've ever met in my life all happen to have Irish American blood. I don't know what it is, but for some reason almost everyone with Irish ancestory has been incedibly condescending.

Case in point, I used to help out a friend at his landscaping service. It was a "whenever you feel like it" arrangement, and he'd take good care of me, never demanded I work fast or anything like that. We worked, but it was half screwing around, because we were kids.

So he passed out these fliers, and we hit this one upscale neighborhood. This red haired, very attractive woman answers the door, and we ask if she needs any work done.

And she says (I kid you not), "Oh, no thank you. We have a nice Irish boy who does the yard.

This, she says to my very Italian looking friend.

Needless to say, ruined his whole day.

That's the worst example, but in general I've found Irish guys to be very, very intolerant of anything that even smells of stupid. Any brain farts or the like, and they pounce like wolves, with some biting remark.

Don't worry, we don't like them either generally.

SquallX

riv6672
Thats number one for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.