Does Brakiss=Naga Sadow???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Brakiss without the usage of any Force amplification was able to make a star system sized solar flare "dance" Sadow required the use of his Corsair or Meditation Sphere to cause flares. Brakiss was also questioned if he could cause a Supernova, and although he didn't say yes, he wasn't willing to try while Sadow needed his Corsairs power. Also, if suck knowledge was known by Palpatines inquisitors, just imagine how powerful Palpatine himself was.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Merchant
Brakiss without the usage of any Force amplification was able to make a star system sized solar flare "dance" Sadow required the use of his Corsair or Meditation Sphere to cause flares. Brakiss was also questioned if he could cause a Supernova, and although he didn't say yes, he wasn't willing to try while Sadow needed his Corsairs power. Also, if suck knowledge was known by Palpatines inquisitors, just imagine how powerful Palpatine himself was.

Since when are you friends with the Sheevites? I always thought you were a loner Tuk'ata? confused

AncientPower
Brakiss learnt the power during his time at the Shadow Academy, not as an Inquisitor.

The Merchant
It's a question. Tbh Idk how to really take this feat, considering that the "most powerful" feats in lore are only life wiping planets and the like.

Freedon Nadd
I know that the Corsair had an array of crystals in a platform on the bridge. Through these crystals, Sadow was able to summon nigh-unlimited power, including the ability to obliterate stars themselves.

But I asked myself if he didn't imbue the crystals with his own power before using the Corsair in a battle? Sadow was already known for imbuing objects with the dark side(he had a sword that he used against Ludo Kressh)

We know that much of Sadow's equipment was used to focus his dark talents.

He also mentions that it is due to the Sith Meditation Sphere that he can cast illusions because it helps him in focusing properly/or better. After all it's not the same thing focusing in the midst of a battle while your life is in peril or when you are undisturbed.

So, I am wondering if Sadow didn't passively/actively imbue his crystals with his own power before going to battle?
It seems that Sadow needed devices to maintain a proper focus when he was in battles for obvious reasons; and imbuing crystals with Sith power before battling someone makes a lot of sense because he doesn't need to do two things at once.

Of course I can't say I am 100% right because someone could point out that he imbued those crystals using Force-sensitive slaves' dark side energies or using dark side nexuses(mainly Korriban); or finding 'natural' crystals already imbued with dark side energies.

The Merchant
Originally posted by AncientPower
Brakiss learnt the power during his time at the Shadow Academy, not as an Inquisitor.

He still considered himself subservient to Palps when those Moffs posed as him.

The Ellimist
I have no idea how the author did not stop to question how the f*ck that makes any sense.

AncientPower
Welcome to 90's Star Wars.

The Merchant
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I have no idea how the author did not stop to question how the f*ck that makes any sense.

It's funny you mention the author. It was Kevin J. Anderson whom wrote young jedi knights and Sadow.

The Ellimist
This is why feats-only analysis is problematic, ofc.

If you create tiers using only accolades, you get something that the forum would find somewhat reasonable. If you only use feats, you get something pretty absurd.

Freedon Nadd
Didn't Brakiss manage to accomplish that feat because he was able to reach out to the dying stars of the nova and pull its energy out, causing the starfire to dance and move under his control?

What Naga Sadow did was to cause stars to explode by charging them with dark side energy. What Brakiss did was Force drain, to be honest.

He didn't give energy, he stole it.

The Merchant
He didn't do that, if he did that would probably be more impressive tbqh.

Freedon Nadd
He didn't do what? Sadow potentially imbuing his crystals with his own power or Brakiss Force draining?

Force drain means absorbtion. You take power. And as you take; your own power increases allowing you to expand your Force drain array.

It isn't impressive at all, imo.

The Merchant
The absorption thing. Brakiss absorbing solar system sized energies would be far better than any drain feat in the mythos.

Freedon Nadd
Wait a minute. He accomplished that because he drained the energy of that nova and made it go boom, not draining an entire solar system. You misunderstood my comment.

The Merchant
The flare he manipulated was star system sized. Same difference. Anyhow it's not said he did that, his manipulation of fire is attributed to.him doing that.

Freedon Nadd
Why not? Draining it would magnify his power by a lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.