Who would've won the Clone War?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Who would've won had their been no shenanigans between Sidious and Dooku?

AncientPower
I believe it's said the CIS would've crushed them without interference by Sheev.

DarthAnt66
In Canon, I'd go Republic. In Legends, I'd go CIS.

The Ellimist
So when do Sheev and Dooku get written off? Of course if it's way at the beginning there probably is no Clone Wars to begin with, on the other hand if it's in RotS then the Jedi suddenly see their foresight abilities increase tenfold and quickly eliminate the Separatist leadership.

Rockydonovang
Republic yeah. The attack on Coruscant was a result of Palps giving Grevious a secret way to the capital. Otherwise, the republic was driving cis out due to Anakin and Kenobi's efforts in the outer rim.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Republic yeah. The attack on Coruscant was a result of Palps giving Grevious a secret way to the capital. Otherwise, the republic was driving cis out due to Anakin and Kenobi's efforts in the outer rim.

I always thought Sheev leaked the nexus route to Grievous. Anyway, I'd bet the CIS probably would win.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
In Canon, I'd go Republic. In Legends, I'd go CIS. This is a fair statement. In the canon there isn't enough detail about the resources and overall logistics of each side to say which faction was stronger, yet we can see that clones and jedi are individually far stronger then droids, which is enough.

It's only in the EU that we get to see the mind-boggling scale of the CIS war-machine- that every individual clone and Jedi would have to achieve like a 1000-1 KD in order for the Republic to have a chance.

Selenial

cs_zoltan
Yeah, but was it in a collector's edition?

PS: Get a grip on your typing, your retarded apostrophes don't let us quote you.

Haschwalth
The CIS in legends got hold of HK-47's template.
If they mass produced this, gg republic.

Lord Stark
Legends CIS is retardedly op: Millions of warships, quintillions of battledroids in a universe with only 100 quadrillion sentients in the galaxy. They really should demolish the Republic (especially with Karen Travesty's 3 million clones figure).

samappo
It's really an irrelevant question, the whole war was orchestrated specifically by Palpatine, and he influenced the control of information every step of the way.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Haschwalth
The CIS in legends got hold of HK-47's template.
If they mass produced this, gg republic. Why was modern droid technology shittier then droid technology from thousands of years priors?

Is there any in-universe explanation for the general stagnation of technology that we see in the setting?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Anyway, I'd bet the CIS probably would win.
Why tho...

Jmanghan
Clones are superior to Droids, Republic has Jedi on their side, they win.

Selenial

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Why tho...

To quote my OP:
Legends CIS is retardedly op: Millions of warships, quintillions of battledroids in a universe with only 100 quadrillion sentients in the galaxy. They really should demolish the Republic (especially with Karen Travesty's 3 million clones figure).

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Lord Stark
To quote my OP:
Bu tthey didn't demolish the republic. The seperatists were getting driven out of the mid rim worlds

cs_zoltan
@Sel

Dunno, I'm Android MasterRace. Just stop using apostrophes.

Kurk
I mean I can see how this is a stupid question. Palpatine needed the republic to win near the end so he can rally support and declare the empire.

Who would win if Dooku and Palpatine were brainwashed and acted as autonomous leaders without collaboration?

Say this happened towards the middle of TCW, long before the banking clan was put under the control of Palpatine.

Honestly money is what this comes down to. Trade Federation + Techno Union + Banking Clan + others = Big Business vs Bureaucratic Government.

The_Tempest
Tough to say. It's factually true that the Separatist defeat was "preordained," as one source I know of puts it.

The Republic certainly triumphed more on screen and on page. But for what it's worth, the tactical droid Kalani in Rebels says a strategic analysis still favored the CIS at the end of the war.

Doesn't mean he had all the facts.

relentless1
Republic easily; they have Jedi and it is said that the Clones are immensely superior to Droids so yeah; the CIS may have the sheer numbers but the Republic Army had better skills and more power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.