TOR Accolades for the Outlander and the Eternal family

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
The above quote is in reference to a new feature where you can effect the balance of the Force and grow more powerful if your side of the Force takes precedence.

This is essentially confirming Valkorion's family > All.

Freedon Nadd
Why is the first quote at future tense, though? It's like telling us it didn't happen, yet.

The Ellimist
Or, if you're Palpatine and Plagueis, you can unbalance it against ten thousand Jedi by meditating on an island.

Azronger
99% sure these are fake.

Azronger
Nevermind found this:
http://www.starwars.com/news/6-reasons-to-be-excited-about-star-wars-the-old-republic-knights-of-the-eternal-throne

Seems to be referring exclusively to the time period, though.

The Ellimist
Obviously yeah lmao.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Or, if you're Palpatine and Plagueis, you can unbalance it against ten thousand Jedi by meditating on an island.

The Force let them cause the Imbalance against ten thousand Jedi. That's a fact.

FreshestSlice
When you try to use game mechanics like DvL as accolades.

Freedon Nadd
The same could be said about Sidious when it comes about those Force powers list.

FreshestSlice
Sidious has sourcebooks stating he knows every Jedi and Sith ability, so no. No, the same could not be said.

cs_zoltan
Those are some shit tier accolades.

AncientPower
Lmfao. It puts them both above the Zakuul pantheon and confirms Vaylin > Revan.

cs_zoltan
It doesn't confirm f-uck all. They are the most dangerous family, wow. There were like 2 notable family back then. The other one being Revan, Satele, and Theron. No shit they are more dangerous.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How does it confirm Vaylin > Revan?

The Merchant
Terribmd accolades tbh.

cs_zoltan
thumb up

lazybones
Originally posted by Azronger
Nevermind found this:
http://www.starwars.com/news/6-reasons-to-be-excited-about-star-wars-the-old-republic-knights-of-the-eternal-throne

Seems to be referring exclusively to the time period, though. Didn't Leland Chee also say that the entries in the News+Blog section weren't reviewed?

https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/792870000675520512

Now, the SWTOR article does have 'news' in the link, so one might think that it is one of the news articles in the 'News+Blogs' section, and thus factual. But just look at some of the other articles that particular author published which had 'news' in the link. Clearly, they do not need to be necessarily factual in order to be included in that section, or to be designated as 'news' in the HTML. They can be the author's own opinions and very slanted towards their viewpoint.

http://www.starwars.com/news/thrawn-is-a-villain-like-no-other

http://www.starwars.com/news/5-ways-to-think-like-grand-admiral-thrawn

AncientPower
For the love of God, SWTOR isn't Canon at all.

AncientPower
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It doesn't confirm f-uck all. They are the most dangerous family, wow. There were like 2 notable family back then. The other one being Revan, Satele, and Theron. No shit they are more dangerous.

You realise Revan, Satele and Theron are all related right?

JKBart
Originally posted by AncientPower

wtf?

that's what his post was entirely about

cs_zoltan

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ax1JUM9QI942Y/200.gif

lazybones
For the love of God, SWTOR isn't Canon at all. That doesn't change the fact that the 'news' in this 'News+Blogs' section can be simply be author opinions or ridiculous nonsense that clearly isn't news, like '5 Ways To Think Like Admiral Thrawn'.

And if the content is not reviewed, then I don't see how it can be valid within Legends either. It's just an author stating the news with a heavy opinionated slant. Just because they are allowed to write blogs doesn't make them a canonical authority on anything, unless we know that their work is being officially verified, which it isn't.

AncientPower
If only the interviewee wasn't the Creative Director of SWTOR, not that it isn't already corroborated by other sources too.

Your argument is nonsense.

lazybones
If only the interviewee wasn't the Creative Director of SWTOR, not that it isn't already corroborated by other sources too.

Your argument is nonsense. Yeah, I suppose they're shit accolades anyway. Feel free to have them all you want. But if they're corroborated by other sources, then it would be wise to use those sources, because they're actually canonical. The blogs on SW.com have no canonical weight whatsoever and can be author opinions and still be considered news.

AncientPower
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ax1JUM9QI942Y/200.gif

It means they're the most dangerous, as in more dangerous than any other family. Given Revan's entire arc in SoR is ow mad and dangerous he is, then I think the connection makes itself.

Given Revan apparently has scaling from Tyth, who is fvcking insane in terms of accolades and feats. Yeah it's all pretty damn important.

AncientPower
Originally posted by JKBart
wtf?

that's what his post was entirely about

It's called being condescending.

JKBart
as for the vailyn case... how the hell does it say anything about Vailyn lol

it only says that:
(Valkorion+Arcann+Vailyn) > (Revan+Satele+Theron) which is pretty obvious given Valkorion is leaps and bounds above everybody and Theron is a ****ing nonForce user

Zenwolf
Not really seeing anything new here, though frankly I stopped with TOR after it starting to get extremely ridiculous and throw in things that don't make sense with what was previous established.

AncientPower
Theron disowns himself from the family in Annihilation tbh. Much the same way as Arcann & Senya are disowned by Valky boy.

Valkorion & Vaylin are more dangerous than Revan & Satele, any way you shake it, it's very impressive. Especially given how Satele is considered by many Sith in the Empire to be an integral weapon in the arsenal of the Republic. Including Marr and Baras. They considered her to be the very hier apparent to the power of Darth Revan.

Geistalt
It should have just acknowledged that the Emperor was a letdown (i.e. let the Hero of Tython solo him - maybe even show his original body in the process) and stuck with Force-users in Flashpoints and Operations.

cs_zoltan

No, it's called being a retard. You asked me if I know they are a family when quoting me saying they are a family.

Shit attempt to save face.

SunRazer
laughing out loud

AncientPower
Nothing you've said contradicts what can be gained from the most recent accolades. Even if it doesn't infer power. Though given Revan was insane and trying to resurrect the Emperor, being even more dangerous than that is a pretty insane statement for Vaylin.

When you tie this all up with the fact that they clearly intend for Revan to be the most powerful boss in all Operations bar none, it's giving the whole picture of TOR some great scaling to work with.

Haschwalth
Theron disowns himself from the family in Annihilation tbh. Much the same way as Arcann & Senya are disowned by Valky boy.

Valkorion & Vaylin are more dangerous than Revan & Satele, any way you shake it, it's very impressive. Especially given how Satele is considered by many Sith in the Empire to be an integral weapon in the arsenal of the Republic. Including Marr and Baras. They considered her to be the very hier apparent to the power of Darth Revan.

No shit, Valkorian>Revan Vaylin>Satele.
Who didn't already know this.

And no it doesn't imply everyone in the family is above, Revan. It just means they are more dangerous, which is blatant as Valkorian wanted to consume the galaxy.

The Ellimist

Valkorion & Vaylin are more dangerous than Revan & Satele,

no expression But we already knew that...

AncientPower
Originally posted by Haschwalth
No shit, Valkorian>Revan Vaylin>Satele.
Who didn't already know this.

And no it doesn't imply everyone in the family is above, Revan. It just means they are more dangerous, which is blatant as Valkorian wanted to consume the galaxy.

That's not really what it says though. Overall they're the most dangerous family known to the galaxy. It doesn't just mean Revan's family either. Any family, really, can be implicated here.

Haschwalth
That's not really what it says though. Overall they're the most dangerous family known to the galaxy. It doesn't just mean Revan's family either. Any family, really, can be implicated here.

Obviously, but you were trying to imply Vaylin>Revan in power using this quote which is false.

SunRazer
All these attempts to bring up quotes about threatening the balance of the Force are so obviously attempts to out-do the Plagueis/Sidious meditation feat that it's hilarious.

Even more hilarious that they'll never succeed.

ILS
That's not really what it says though. Overall they're the most dangerous family known to the galaxy. It doesn't just mean Revan's family either. Any family, really, can be implicated here. Wow, Revan's family which consists of himself, (self-aligned and wanted dead by everyone) one non-Force user and one Jedi, none of whom are working together in any capacity and are in no way endangering anyone, are "less dangerous" than Valkorion and Vaylin who have a massive military and collectively more Force power, in large part due to Satele and Theron's utter uselessness and Valkorion's MVP status.

But not just that. All the other families, which consists of absolutely nobody worth mentioning? Valk and Vaylin are more dangerous than them too.

They're more dangerous than nothing. F*cking groundbreaking.

Oh, and somehow, Vaylin's family being vaguely more dangerous than Revan's broken family? This proves that Vaylin would defeat Revan in single combat. Because reasons.

Sinious
AP is more broken than Neph, it seems.

The quality of her arguments in contrast to PT Brigade made me reduce Valk more and more every day from Rots sids+ to sub-plagueis

The Ellimist

Like who...?

Shmi Skywalker's great great great...grandparents?
Yoda's ancestors?
The Smuggler's uncles?
Lmfao who are these uber-powerful families that make this quote relevant?

Azronger
laughing

ILS
AP, just promise me you'll do a livestream.

Azronger
laughing

Selenial
This might be her most embarrassing thread yet.

What an A tier debater, thank god she was around to learn from the great. You know, when KMC was good? smile

S_W_LeGenD
The top quote affirms my argument that 'actions' of Force-users tend to have a significant impact on the balance of the Force, throughout history.

It doesn't matter if a thousand Jedi are present and only 2 Sith are present. Their 'actions' will make difference.

AncientPower
I'm referring to any family in SWTOR, you fvcking ingrates.

ILS
I'm referring to any family in SWTOR, you fvcking ingrates. WE KNOW http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/sabu.png

Sinious
This is unreal, possibly the biggest fail in KMC history.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Sidious has sourcebooks stating he knows every Jedi and Sith ability, so no. No, the same could not be said.

And yet this old schmuck needed the assistance of the Korriban Lords' spirits to help him with his thing.

Ursumeles
> There is no notable family at the time of SWTOR, except for the Shans.
> It refers to ALL families to SWTOR!!!

DarthAnt66
The Ones. wink

Nephthys
oh snap

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Ones. wink

Mortis isn't part of the normal galaxy though. And with the Father keeping a tight leash on his children, I wouldn't classify them as particularly dangerous.

I know you're not serious btw, just making sure no Vitidiot gets any ideas, although I realize this may be futile.

S_W_LeGenD
Mortis isn't part of the normal galaxy though. And with the Father keeping a tight leash on his children, I wouldn't classify them as particularly dangerous.

I know you're not serious btw, just making sure no Vitidiot gets any ideas, although I realize this may be futile.
The kind of logiks you've been cooking up lately, you don't get to call other Vitidiots.

Azronger
I do, actually. Vitidiot excellent

Nephthys

Y3R8tkvlAlk

SunRazer
OBJECTION!

Your honour, the TORies are in denial.

Freedon Nadd
I see that it's in nature of KMC to go full law mode when they want to make a joke. Happy Dance

SunRazer
Just Phoenix Wright mode. smile

Freedon Nadd
Or maybe KMC dwells with lawyers.

SunRazer
No idea why you're dragging on this lawyer thing; you've mentioned it before in another thread.

I was jesting in reference to the Phoenix Wright music posted by Neph, where you do play as a lawyer. That's it.

Freedon Nadd
I know. I just like abstract jokes.

Nephthys
He knows you knew. His joke was just too abstract 4 u.

Freedon Nadd
Then, you are a very abstract person. The most powerful abstract expression of KMC.

AncientPower
I like how the Zakuul pantheon is a family but the Shans are the only other notable family in TOR.

>kill trillions
>not notable

Nephthys
Everyone knows the real strongest family is my legacy members. It's an established fact that the HoT and Nox were interspecies sisters and Cipher 9 is their Chiss cousin.

JKBart
holy **** this thread is an absolute failure

The Ellimist
I like how the Zakuul pantheon is a family but the Shans are the only other notable family in TOR.

>kill trillions
>not notable

Well nice of you to wait four pages to come up with an argument and then mock everyone for not having thought of it earlier you didn't either.

Anyway, that doesn't work - it isn't even clear if the Zakuul pantheon is still alive / "exists" / whatever or what they can do, nor are they "known" that concretely to the larger population, while Valkorion's family controls the most powerful military and political force in the galaxy and Valkorion himself wants to absorb everything. So yeah, the latter is the more dangerous of the families "known to the galaxy". We could've guessed that without the quote.

DarthAnt66
Off topic, but Valkorion had no interests in galactic draining.

AncientPower
Lmfao. It puts them both above the Zakuul pantheon.

It's like Ell has selective reading.

But anyway, the entire Eternal Empire has been worshipping this Pantheon for thousands of years. They're not only known to the galaxy, but both Empire and Republic have been fighting over them since mid-KOTET. They're superweapons who can tank Eternal Fleet weaponry and have wiped out trillions.

It's also said Valkorion defeated them, that's the more ambiguous part though.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Nephthys
Everyone knows the real strongest family is my legacy members. It's an established fact that the HoT and Nox were interspecies sisters and Cipher 9 is their Chiss cousin. Well, Chiss were originally humans who underwent speciation. So your argument is fully possible.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Just want to say that there's no way Vaylin is beyond any of the Gods. According to the Scions, Tyth > Revan/Vaylin and the like.

S_W_LeGenD
Hmm.

So only Valk is superior?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The quote is this:

I would presume Peak Valk > IZAX > other Gods > Revan/Vaylin/Spirit Valk.

Beniboybling

Your argument is nonsense. Statements from Boyd are cited over the course of the article but those quotes in question are the personal opinions of the blog author, stop lying.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's also stated that the 6 Gods were the greatest creations of the Iokath. These being the same people who created the Eternal Fleet and the Gravestone for war games, lol. Oh, and Iokath itself.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The quote is this:

I would presume Peak Valk > IZAX > other Gods > Revan/Vaylin/Spirit Valk.
I find it really hard to believe a single entity would be more difficult than the whole of Valk's empire.

Also, why is Valk exempt from the statement? If this is the toughest challenge the Outlander has ever faced, doesn't that mean this god is > Valkorian?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I included Spirit Valkorion.

And no, it's actually implied that Tyth is possibly more powerful than the Eternal Throne iirc. The same Eternal throne that lets the Outlander control the entire Eternal Fleet simultaneously across the galaxy.

AncientPower
Conceded, Skillz.

Though the Scion has no reason to assume that the Outlander ever faced Valkorion, because as far as he knows, Arcann murdered Valkorion. So yeah, Valkorion ain't included.

Nephthys
How strong is the Outlander these days?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Supremely strong. One could argue the Outlander actually solos the Gods, based on the dialogue with the Scions.

The idea being that the Outlander is "destined" to confront Tyth and the other Gods and strike them down to "become a God" himself.

Even without that, though, I would say the Outlander is at least on par with the likes of Revan.

AncientPower
There's a whole new scale of wanking for HoTlander that takes place prior to KOTFE. At the very beginning of SoR, Orgus Din's ghost unleashes power in the Hero that'd been in the HoT's subconscious since the whole year where they'd been a puppet for Vitiate in Act II. It's pretty fvcking amazing actually.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Conceded, Skillz.

Though the Scion has no reason to assume that the Outlander ever faced Valkorion, because as far as he knows, Arcann murdered Valkorion. So yeah, Valkorion ain't included.

True enough, I was just assuming based on their visions that they would know. Though I remembered that they can't see clear/definitive visions of either Valkorion or the Outlander, based on KOTFE Chapter 6.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
There's a whole new scale of wanking for HoTlander that takes place prior to KOTFE. At the very beginning of SoR, Orgus Din's ghost unleashes power in the Hero that'd been in the HoT's subconscious since the whole year where they'd been a puppet for Vitiate in Act II. It's pretty fvcking amazing actually.

Is this about the Rishi class quest? I never watched that.

AncientPower
Yep. I've been researching what exactly this 'training' pertained to and it's looking like Darth Revan tier shit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
And HoT grows a lot in a year. smile

FreshestSlice
That growth curve in three days was twice the one they had in a year.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Which growth curve?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.