My "real" problem with liberals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://techcrunch.com/2013/03/05/pew-twitter-is-a-mainstream-liberal-but-a-conservative-wonk/

Basically, this helps confirm a suspicion I always had: Liberals tend to go for low hanging fruit (Celebrating gay marriage, bashing conservatives), but they rarely, if ever, put themselves out there in a way that can be criticized.

Conservatives, say what you will, speak their minds all the time. It's easy to go after someone who's telling you what's really on their minds.

With most Liberals I know, I can't even get an honest opinion about immigration reform. Say you think people should be deported, and they'll argue against it. Ask a straight question on what they think should be done to fix the issue, and you won't get a straight answer.

Do they support open boarders? Never got a yes or no on the topic from a liberal.

If we agree people her should already should not be deported, and if they don't support open boarders, then that creates an incentive to come here by any means necessary. What can be done to curtail that?

I've asked similar questions to a friend that works in Hollywood (Camera guy), and his answer was: "Fix the conditions that cause people to want to come here."

Basically a safe, untouchable non answer. How can you argue against that? You can't (Sure, you can scoff and accuse him having an impossible dream of wanting to fix the world, but then YOU look like the bad guy.)

Holding controversial or original opinions close to the chest IS a good tactic for winning arguments, as it makes you more difficult to attack. Just be very careful what you say, and go after anyone who expresses themselves with shaky/unpopular/barely explored opinions.

Good for winning arguments, but bad if you want to know what someone really thinks about a topics behind closed doors and in good company.

Frankly, it's deceptive. One face for the public, one for in private.

cdtm
Jesus, auto-correct is worse then free styling it.

Open "boarders"? mad

NewGuy01
"Do you support open borders?" --> no

"What can be done to curtail incentive to come illegally?" --> cracking down on businesses that hire undocumented workers, and making it easier to come legally would be a good start

that was easy

snowdragon
Who woulda thunk it that we would have fallen even further down the media spiral, Noam Chomsky did:

Both the left and right obviously have bias but the left in the USA has more influence/more audience/more tools to distribute their ideas to the tech savy young audience.

Chomsky explains it all

Edward Bernays helped to create the world of propoganda we live in as well, another interesting fellow to check out if you have time.

It's easy to see how todays liberals are leading the path of propoganda and topics with their feelings and sjw groups.

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm

Basically, this helps confirm a suspicion I always had: Liberals tend to go for low hanging fruit (Celebrating gay marriage, bashing conservatives), but they rarely, if ever, put themselves out there in a way that can be criticized.

Conservatives, say what you will, speak their minds all the time. It's easy to go after someone who's telling you what's really on their minds.

Bit of blanketing there on both, don't you think?

Rockydonovang
Threads that vaguely critque a variety of people aren't really worth being addressed.

Emperordmb
Also again, Liberal is not the same with left-wing. There are people such as myself who are right-wing and liberal, and there are people such as marxists and critical race theorists on the left who are absolutely not liberal.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Threads that vaguely critque a variety of people aren't really worth being addressed.

Why did you respond then?

Flyattractor
Liberals aint really the problem any more. It is the Leftist Progressives. They are the REAL Threat to Western Culture.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Surtur
Why did you respond then?
leave it to this site's biggest deflector to not understand the difference between responding and addressing someone's arguments.

Flyattractor
leave it to this site's biggest deflector to not understand the difference between responding and addressing someone's arguments.

And that is why everyone is starting to hate Liberals now.

quanchi112
leave it to this site's biggest deflector to not understand the difference between responding and addressing someone's arguments. Surtur is a lost cause.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Flyattractor

I felt the zing.

cdtm
With respect to the "not my liberals" criticism, which is true enough (Liberals and Conservatives are hardly homogenous within their own party), I'd like to post an old Huffpo article which talks about the kind of Democrats I'm talking about, who happen to be in power of the party:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/11537306

IMO, many of the issues raised are true. Limo-liberals use Republicans as a distraction, so no one notices they're living the high life, enjoying privilege and wealth, while not doing all that much more for the sake of the poor or the marginalized.

Republicans have a name for those who don't uphold their ideals: RINO's. Maybe it's time to start talking about DINO's.

Flyattractor
Kind of like how thee is ANOTHER GurVment Shut Down LOOMING but since it is being caused by the Democrats this time....We aint getting any of the "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD" Type response from the media.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NewGuy01
"What can be done to curtail incentive to come illegally?" --> cracking down on businesses that hire undocumented workers, and making it easier to come legally would be a good start

Sounds great.

Flyattractor
Sounds good to me.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor

It's like their super power is a superhuman lack of self awareness.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur
It's like their super power is a superhuman lack of self awareness.

I know, just look at our president.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by cdtm
With respect to the "not my liberals" criticism, which is true enough (Liberals and Conservatives are hardly homogenous within their own party), I'd like to post an old Huffpo article which talks about the kind of Democrats I'm talking about, who happen to be in power of the party:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/11537306
It's not so much that they "aren't my liberals" it's moreso that there are people on the left who are just definitionally not liberals in the same way a right-wing fascist is not a libertarian.

Really what I dislike is the term liberal being used to describe anyone whose left wing or a democrat.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by snowdragon
I know, just look at our president.

And that is called a LIE which People likw Snowball turn into FAKE NEWS which is why People are starting to TURN against the Lefties.

Cause they are LYING SHITHOLES....Like Snowball.

eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.