Firestorm vs. WBH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
-This is the PREFlashpoint Jason+Stein FS.

-This is world-breaker Hulk as seen in HOTM.

--They fight inside an indestructible Wrigley Field
--NO BFR

Prof. T.C McAbe
FS turns WBH into salt

Galan007
You know, it almost makes me proud that the 'Salt-Transmutation-Defense'(aka. "STD"wink is still a thing... Brings a tear to my eye. thumb up

...But on a serious note: first Jason converts all of Hulk's gamma radiation into, say, harmless light... Then he turns him into salt. smile

MrMind
Firestorm

"Id"
Hulk tenderizes and than eats him.

DarkSaint85
Without salt???

Hulk loses in that case.

cdtm
Sorry to be the party pooper, but..

I prefer pepper.

Stoic
Firestorm without a doubt, unless he weren't able to cut off Banner's connection to the gamma force, or from whatever source his power comes from. It's been believed that the Hulk draws his power from another dimension, this potentially means that he was as powerful as that entire dimension that he draws power from.

The Beyonder sensed it as well.

Arm'Cheddon had the full ability to shut off the powers of energy rich beings in a manner resembling Firestorm's ability to also do this. It was resisted by the Green Scar. He accomplished this with the Hulk when he was in his Merged persona, so it's a legitimate red flag.

Under plot, we read the story of the full potential of the Hulk. Banner has access to an infinite power source, which is what we should be focusing on, instead of the Hulk can only get this mad arguments.

This is a different Hulk that has become fully connected to the source of all of the power that he can tap into. Arm'Cheddon even exploited the Surfer leaving him bound and helpless using the exact same invasive energy manipulation tactic.

Just saying that he may resist this avenue of attack. Transmutation may never become an issue.

If that is the case, Firestorm probably could not survive the energy that this Hulk could throw around.

If Firestorm were able, then yes, the Hulk gets the salt treatment.

carver9
Hulk

Badabing
Hulk claps and Firestorm gets extinguished. b_hulk

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Firestorm without a doubt, unless he weren't able to cut off Banner's connection to the gamma force, or from whatever source his power comes from. It's been believed that the Hulk draws his power from another dimension, this potentially means that he was as powerful as that entire dimension that he draws power from.

The Beyonder sensed it as well.

Arm'Cheddon had the full ability to shut off the powers of energy rich beings in a manner resembling Firestorm's ability to also do this. It was resisted by the Green Scar. He accomplished this with the Hulk when he was in his Merged persona, so it's a legitimate red flag.

Under plot, we read the story of the full potential of the Hulk. Banner has access to an infinite power source, which is what we should be focusing on, instead of the Hulk can only get this mad arguments.

This is a different Hulk that has become fully connected to the source of all of the power that he can tap into. Arm'Cheddon even exploited the Surfer leaving him bound and helpless using the exact same invasive energy manipulation tactic.

Just saying that he may resist this avenue of attack. Transmutation may never become an issue.

If that is the case, Firestorm probably could not survive the energy that this Hulk could throw around.

If Firestorm were able, then yes, the Hulk gets the salt treatment.

You do know this FS was going to destroy the entire universe, right? His power was Big Bang worthy.

He can and probably will get beaten, tbh. But not by energy overload.

SithLantern93
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
FS turns WBH into salt

Adam Grimes
Firestorm turns Hulk into a whooper and eats him

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
You know, it almost makes me proud that the 'Salt-Transmutation-Defense'(aka. "STD"wink is still a thing... Brings a tear to my eye. thumb up

...But on a serious note: first Jason converts all of Hulk's gamma radiation into, say, harmless light... Then he turns him into salt. smile

iirc it was you that started that, wasn't it?

cdtm
Can Firestorm just trap him in something indestructible?

It's what I'd argue for Element Lad, who can create a substance able to survive the Big Bang, all the way up to the LoSH timeline.

Galan007
Originally posted by -Pr-
iirc it was you that started that, wasn't it? Yeah, like 10 years ago at least. laughing out loud

-Pr-
Yeah, like 10 years ago at least. laughing out loud

****in' Blackest Night was so long ago.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You do know this FS was going to destroy the entire universe, right? His power was Big Bang worthy.

He can and probably will get beaten, tbh. But not by energy overload.

It wouldn't be an overload unless he was unable to take on the totality of the dimension that the Hulk was connected to, and got his power from. If he could gobble up more power than the Hulk was already fully connected to he could win, in other words he's already lost the wrestle for power battle. Arm'Cheddon lost as well, because of the Hulk's resistance to damage due to his unique physiology.

The Hulk was able to automatically ramp to planetary power levels, and beyond. It was instantaneous. Firestorm shouldn't be able to take that kind of punishment.

He seems to be more of a glass cannon at certain levels.

I read Philosophoa saying that Superman's intestines could crush Herald level beings. The Hulk in a relatively calm state resisted the Abstract known as Hope with his intestines. Hope was packing more than Trans tier power with the combined might of 133.5 Hercs. He went far beyond this when he was going at it with Betty.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Can Firestorm just trap him in something indestructible?

It's what I'd argue for Element Lad, who can create a substance able to survive the Big Bang, all the way up to the LoSH timeline.

If it didn't hold, and he broke out, what kind of power would Firestorm be hit with as a backlash effect?

Zack M
Firestorm is taylormade to beat the Hulk/

Stoic
Originally posted by Zack M
Firestorm is taylormade to beat the Hulk/

Mot necessarily this Hulk, but if he gets hit by what the this Hulk is bringing he's going to resemble the particles that he manipulates.

Zack M
FS can turn intangible, if he wants.

Stoic
FS can turn intangible, if he wants.

So then he would be on the run? If this is the case he'd pretty much be admitting that he couldn't match the Hulk at this level. I agree with you that Firestorm would beat most energy enriched characters, he even beat Captain Atom, but this Hulk has a good chance of resisting. This just goes back to my first post on the subject. If yes, then salt treatment. If no, then boom treatment.

KingD19
He could simply alter the gamma energy into something else. No gamma means no Hulk.

Stoic
Originally posted by KingD19
He could simply alter the gamma energy into something else. No gamma means no Hulk.

If he could disrupt Banner's connection to the Gamma Force, then yes you're right. But if he couldn't then... Like I said, there is a possibility that he won't be able to, while there is a possibility that he could. Arm'Cheddon uses similar method's of removing the powers of his opponents, but was unable to sever Banner's connection.

This may also come down to Firestorm's approach to the fight, if he chose the wrong tactic then his turn is over. Fights are give and take.

I don't think that it's impossible to defeat WB Hulk, but for guys on Firestorm's level of durability the window of opportunity to seize victory would close very quickly.

Zack M
So then he would be on the run? If this is the case he'd pretty much be admitting that he couldn't match the Hulk at this level. I agree with you that Firestorm would beat most energy enriched characters, he even beat Captain Atom, but this Hulk has a good chance of resisting. This just goes back to my first post on the subject. If yes, then salt treatment. If no, then boom treatment.

On the run? No, whenever hulk were to try to physically harm firestorm, he would just phase. Then attack.

Zack M

Basically. Which is why I said taylor made.

Stoic
On the run? No, whenever hulk were to try to physically harm firestorm, he would just phase. Then attack.

Yeah because of his new spider sense right.

Basically. Which is why I said taylor made.

Basically because that approach may not work. Good luck proving that it would though.

Philosophía
Yeah, like 10 years ago at least. laughing out loud I was sure you were taking the piss, but jesus christ, it really was 9 years ago.

Zack M
Yeah because of his new spider sense right.

Basically because that approach may not work. Good luck proving that it would though.

Yes, when Hulk tries to fight, he will go intangible. He's done it in the past. You don't need Spidey sense, but he has something similar, if that helps you.

Stoic
Yes, when Hulk tries to fight, he will go intangible. He's done it in the past. You don't need Spidey sense, but he has something similar, if that helps you.

So in your mind one character decides to put all of these moves on another character, while the other character stands there and takes it. Got it.

If he has his own version of the spider sense this should have never happened to him then.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GQ2h-c0TDHI/UIhyn6KUYJI/AAAAAAAAFUM/Siz6YOKJkfE/s1600/soapy0001.jpg

Untouchable huh?

Galan007
^ That's not Jason/Stein FS, btw. It's the crappy DCnU iteration.

He could simply alter the gamma energy into something else. Indeed...

https://i.imgur.com/N5tG2ou.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by Phil
I was sure you were taking the piss, but jesus christ, it really was 9 years ago. No shit?

Damn, I knew it was a while ago, but I pulled the 10yrs figure out of my ass... Time flies.

riv6672
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
FS turns WBH into salt
Missed this thread yesterday.

As i clicked i bet myself $20 the above would be the first response.

MrMind
who is more powerful? ronnie or jason?

spetznaz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.