Perfect Cell (weakened) vs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
This is Perfect Cell at the end of his fight with Goku during the Cell Games. Difference is: he doesn't get a senzu bean this time, and must go into each of the following rounds in this markedly diminished state.

Round 1-
vs. ASSJ Vegeta + ASSJ Trunks + Piccolo + Krillin + Tien + Yamcha

Round 2-
vs. FPSSJ Goku

Round 3-
vs. FPSSJ Goku + FPSSJ Gohan

Round 4-
vs. ALL of the above

*Cell-era characters, obv.

How goes this?

cdtm
Krillin solo's.

Dark-Kenshin
If CIS is off, Piccolo remembers that he knows the mafuba and easily beats Cell with some assistance in round 1.

If CIS is on, he loses at round three. Even diminished, he seemed confident he could beat a refreshed Goku. Don't see him having enough remaining stamina for round 3.

Galan007
Lol, no Mafuba. It certainly wasn't a technique the Z Fighters considered during the Cell-era(or the Saiyan, Freeza, Android, Boo, BoG, and RoF eras for that matter)... Nice try, though. stick out tongue

vansonbee
#1 Weaken Cell is enough to toy with all of them at the same time.

#2 Cell was holding back, even weaken he should have a higher power level.

For round 3, is this version of Goku recovered by taking a senzu bean? Goku should benefit from a zenkai boost from their fight.

Goku and Gohan FP together can take down a weaken Cell. I doubt Cell was using 100% of his power against Goku in their previous fight.

Galan007
Originally posted by vansonbee
For round 3, is this version of Goku recovered by taking a senzu bean? This is a fresh/recovered Goku, yes.

The Ellimist
Is there really a difference between round 3 and 4?

Galan007
Yes, most definitely.

Damborgson
Stops at 2. If Trunks, Vegeta and the rest can't beat him, they'll diminish him even more, ans produce a fairly easy victory for FPSSJ Goku

One Big Mob
It's a tough pill to swallow that Vegeta Trunks can't do anything to Cell especially with what we've seen them do against stronger opponents than them in Super.
Problem is that's how they were portrayed.

I think Goku could maybe pull out a win though. He most certainly wins with Gohan. Vegeta Trunks would win too if you gave them Super mindsets and rules without changing power levels.

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
Stops at 2. If Trunks, Vegeta and the rest can't beat him, they'll diminish him even more, ans produce a fairly easy victory for FPSSJ Goku Cell doesn't continuously deplete more and more and the rounds progress here. At the start of each round, he is restored back to the level he was at just after his fight with Goku during the Cell Games(ie. significantly depleted, but still confident he could handle any of them at their full power.)

Originally posted by One Big Mob
It's a tough pill to swallow that Vegeta Trunks can't do anything to Cell especially with what we've seen them do against stronger opponents than them in Super.
Problem is that's how they were portrayed.

I think Goku could maybe pull out a win though. He most certainly wins with Gohan. Vegeta Trunks would win too if you gave them Super mindsets and rules without changing power levels. *Nothing from DBS is applicable to this fight. All characters are as they were during the Cell saga.

Damborgson
Ah. Okay, then he loses at 3 after a good fight.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, he'd go down at number 3, and probably try to blow himself up again.

Assuming he can't kamikaze here, he goes down hard in round 3.

TheBadguy
Good thread I always wondered about this when I watch the cell games

I'm pretty sure he could've beat goku again but he'll get butt ****ed on round 3 with a decent fight

Goku was confident he wouldn't get passed gohan

Kento
Cell stops at round 3. I would bet that ssj Gohan and Goku could probably take a full powered Cell anyway. Gokou was close enough to Cell's level to be a threat, and adding in Gohan would turn the tables greatly.

Galan007
But Cell was intentionally suppressing his power against Goku to make things more interesting... He never used his full power until after Gohan went SSJ2.

Goku was never any sort of legit threat to him at all, is what I'm saying.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Galan007
But Cell was intentionally suppressing his power against Goku to make things more interesting... He never used his full power until after Gohan went SSJ2.

Goku was never any sort of legit threat to him at all, is what I'm saying.

https://i8.mangapanda.com/dragon-ball/402/dragon-ball-70950.jpg

https://i6.mangapanda.com/dragon-ball/402/dragon-ball-70952.jpg

Goku was most definitely a threat to Perfect Cell. In fact, Cell himself even admitted that if Goku took a senzu, he could possibly win. It's inaccurate to say Goku was never a threat to Cell- even if Cell was holding back slightly.

Galan007
Lol, Goku blasting/harming a suppressed Cell contradicts anything I said... How?

During the Namek saga, Goku's Kamehameha(/w/ KKx20) hurt 50% Freeza as well... Does that mean the same attack would've had the same effect on 75% Freeza? 85% Freeza? 100% Freeza? Of course not... Anyone who has ever watched/read DBZ could tell you that much.

Again, Cell was suppressing his powers against Goku(and significantly so when you consider the additional context.) Had Cell went 100% right out of the gate and not purposefully neutered himself to make things more 'fun', he would have stomped Goku decisively. Simple.

Please try to grasp this simple concept before you retort with more of those annoyingly oversized mega-scans of yours. thumb up

TheBadguy
What happens if you add vegeta/trunks to round 3

SSJGGogeta
Lol, Goku blasting/harming a suppressed Cell contradicts anything I said... How?

During the Namek saga, Goku's Kamehameha(/w/ KKx20) hurt 50% Freeza as well... Does that mean the same attack would've had the same effect on 75% Freeza? 85% Freeza? 100% Freeza? Of course not... Anyone who has ever watched/read DBZ could tell you that much.

Again, Cell was suppressing his powers against Goku(and significantly so when you consider the additional context.) Had Cell went 100% right out of the gate and not purposefully neutered himself to make things more 'fun', he would have stomped Goku decisively. Simple.

Please try to grasp this simple concept before you retort with more of those annoyingly oversized mega-scans of yours. thumb up

Cry about my scans all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot for claiming that Goku was never a threat to Cell.

Singing Frieza's hand while he was at 50% full power is far and away less impressive than literally vaporizing the top half of Cell's body, when he was operating at no less than around 80%. SSJ2 is only a 2x boost to SSJ1, and SSJ1 Gohan was in the same league as suppressed Perfect Cell. If Cell was holding back 50% of his power, then he would have been equals to SSJ2 Gohan, but he instead got lol-stomped with no effort.

Cell and Gohan were not much stronger than Goku. The three were peers, until SSJ2 came along.

This doesn't change the outcome, in which Cell loses at round 3, but I simply felt like pointing out the fact that you made an idiotic claim, suggesting that Perfect Cell was somehow multiple leagues above Goku, when he clearly wasn't. He was stronger than Goku, sure. Not strong enough to stomp him though, like SSJ2 Gohan stomped him. Meaning that Cell had to have been using AT LEAST 80% of his full power, or he would have been equal to SSJ2 Gohan, while stomping Goku like an ant(which didn't happen).

Goku was definitely a threat to Cell. Hence why Cell acknowledged the fact that Goku could win simply by taking a senzu. thumb up

Galan007
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Cry about my scans all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot for claiming that Goku was never a threat to Cell. The level of butthurt here is amusing, to say the least. laughing out loud

Singing Frieza's hand while he was at 50% full power is far and away less impressive than literally vaporizing the top half of Cell's body Nope. That blast "really hurt" Freeza -- it didn't just singe his hand, lol.

...But you clearly didn't grasp the point behind that analogy, so I'll stop before your head starts hurting, lol.

Cell and Gohan were not much stronger than Goku. The three were peers, until SSJ2 came along. Incessantly ignoring the fact that Cell was SUPPRESSED when he fought Goku(and SSJ Gohan) doesn't make it any less factual. smile

but I simply felt like pointing out the fact that you made an idiotic claim, Yes, because Goku blasting/hurting a SUPPRESSED Cell has any bearing whatsoever on my previous statements regarding FULL POWER Cell, right? Stop embarrassing yourself, lol.

suggesting that Perfect Cell was somehow multiple leagues above Goku, when he clearly wasn't. Please do point out where I said that Cell was "multiple leagues" above Goku?

Jesus, your butthurtery is not only blinding you, it's literally causing you to make shit up.

He was stronger than Goku, sure. Not strong enough to stomp him though, like SSJ2 Gohan stomped him. Okay..? Again, please point out to me where I said that a full power Cell could stomp Goku as easily as SSJ2 Gohan stomped Cell. STOP. MAKING. SHIT. UP.

Had Cell been using his full power from the onset, he could have beaten Goku soundly, yes... But his power certainly didn't need to double in order to do that. laughing out loud

Meaning that Cell had to have been using AT LEAST 80% of his full power, or he would have been equal to SSJ2 Gohan, while stomping Goku like an ant(which didn't happen). Even if we use your arbitrary/made-up figure, this is still an arc where relatively minor differences in power equated to HUGE differences when they fought.

Goku was definitely a threat to Cell. *To a SUPPRESSED Cell, perhaps.

The fact that you're still ignoring such a massive bit of context is hysterical. You're digging REALLY deep here, lol.

Hence why Cell acknowledged the fact that Goku could win simply by taking a senzu. thumb up Okay, now I think you just proved who the 'idiot' is...

Cell was weakened after fighting Goku in his suppressed state. Despite this, Cell was STILL goading Goku into taking a senzu bean, because that was ONLY way Goku might have actually stood any sort of legit chance against him.

...But even if Goku were at 100% and Cell stayed in his weakened/depleted state, Goku's chances of beating him only increased "slightly":
https://i.imgur.com/0LY7pWb.jpg

...And not a damn person on the field disagreed with Cell there.

But hey, keep ignoring evidence and pretending like Goku stood a legit chance against FULL POWER Cell(even though he likely couldn't have even beat a SUPPRESSED/BATTLE-WORN/DEPLETED Cell)... It totally doesn't make you look like a complete buffoon or anything. thumb up

Mendax
is SSJGGogeta really trying to say that FP Cell -wasn't- well beyond Goku? that was eh.....obvious to anyone who saw the cell games and has basic computing skills. confused

why you guys even debate with him? just a f****** troll.

SSJGGogeta
The level of butthurt here is amusing, to say the least. laughing out loud

Nope. That blast "really hurt" Freeza -- it didn't just singe his hand, lol.

...But you clearly didn't grasp the point behind that analogy, so I'll stop before your head starts hurting, lol.

Incessantly ignoring the fact that Cell was SUPPRESSED when he fought Goku(and SSJ Gohan) doesn't make it any less factual. smile

Yes, because Goku blasting/hurting a SUPPRESSED Cell has any bearing whatsoever on my previous statements regarding FULL POWER Cell, right? Stop embarrassing yourself, lol.

Please do point out where I said that Cell was "multiple leagues" above Goku?

Jesus, your butthurtery is not only blinding you, it's literally causing you to make shit up.

Okay..? Again, please point out to me where I said that a full power Cell could stomp Goku as easily as SSJ2 Gohan stomped Cell. STOP. MAKING. SHIT. UP.

Had Cell been using his full power from the onset, he could have beaten Goku soundly, yes... But his power certainly didn't need to double in order to do that. laughing out loud

Even if we use your arbitrary/made-up figure, this is still an arc where relatively minor differences in power equated to HUGE differences when they fought.

*To a SUPPRESSED Cell, perhaps.

The fact that you're still ignoring such a massive bit of context is hysterical. You're digging REALLY deep here, lol.

Okay, now I think you just proved who the 'idiot' is...

Cell was weakened after fighting Goku in his suppressed state. Despite this, Cell was STILL goading Goku into taking a senzu bean, because that was ONLY way Goku might have actually stood any sort of legit chance against him.

...But even if Goku were at 100% and Cell stayed in his weakened/depleted state, Goku's chances of beating him only increased "slightly":

But hey, keep ignoring evidence and pretending like Goku stood a legit chance against FULL POWER Cell(even though he likely couldn't have even beat a SUPPRESSED/BATTLE-WORN/DEPLETED Cell)... It totally doesn't make you look like a complete buffoon or anything. thumb up

Yes, the level of butthurt from you and the pleb sock accounts like Mendax that agree with you, without inputting anything into the conversation.

1. How stupid are you, Galan? Are you suggesting that Frieza being "really hurt", by Goku singing his hand slightly is in any way comparable to Cell having the top HALF of his body vaporized by Goku? Frieza said he was "really hurt", because he wasn't used to having any pain inflicted on him, whatsoever, lol. I can post the scan- Frieza's injury was nothing compared to Cell being mostly vaporized.

Think about it- would you claim that burning your hand on a stove is comparable to being blown to bits by a grenade? No, lol. You'd still think burning your hand on a stove hurt though.

2. I admitted and acknowledged several times throughout my post- that Cell was holding back in his fight against Goku. That's not the point.

3. Cell was holding back a very small amount of his power against Goku. An amount of power so small that it couldn't bridge the gap between him and SSJ2 Gohan, when said bridge was actually larger than the one between Goku and himself. That has been my entire point this whole time. Cell holds the edge, but Goku is still a threat to him. This entire time- I've simply been pointing out that it's idiotic for you to assert that Goku was never a threat to him, when Goku certainly was- and indeed could have possibly even defeated him by using just one senzu bean.

4. Within the Cell saga, we did see that relatively small differences in power could amount to a large discrepancy in battle. That doesn't mean that Goku was never a threat to Cell. Hell, you could even argue that full power Super Vegeta was a threat to Perfect Cell. Despite Cell being MUCH stronger than Vegeta, Vegeta was nearly able to kill Cell with a fully powered Final Flash, and in fact would have done so if not for the fact that Cell realized this and dodged at the last moment.

Just like how Krillin nearly killed Nappa, despite being much weaker. Or Piccolo with Raditz, or how Tien managed to hold off semi-perfect Cell despite not even being within a comparable realm of power.

This isn't DBS we're talking about here- weaker characters can still put down or at least hurt/stall much stronger characters.

The ONLY assertion I'm making here is that your statement claiming that Goku was "never a threat" to Cell was erroneous.

Galan007
That doesn't mean that Goku was never a threat to Cell. Again, Goku being a 'threat' to a SUPPRESSED Cell does NOT mean he was any sort of 'threat' to a FULL POWER Cell. Frankly, the fact that you're still trying to pretend otherwise is quite vexing.

You can be stubborn at times, but I know you aren't stupid. You know how DB-logic works, ffs... You also seem to acknowledge/recognize the fact that during the Cell saga in particular, relatively small differences in power equated to HUGE differences in-battle... So why on earth wouldn't that same basic logic apply to Goku and Cell..? ermm

Hell, you could even argue that full power Super Vegeta was a threat to Perfect Cell. Despite Cell being MUCH stronger than Vegeta, Vegeta was nearly able to kill Cell with a fully powered Final Flash, and in fact would have done so if not for the fact that Cell realized this and dodged at the last moment. There's also the fact that Perfect Cell hadn't even began to power up when he fought ASSJ Vegeta, but you only seem to consider context when it's convenient. /shrug

Just like how Krillin nearly killed Nappa, despite being much weaker. *Never happened. Nappa tanked Krillin's "full power" blast outright(literally unscathed.) The *only* attack from Krillin that could have done a damn thing to Nappa was his Kienzan... Because it's the friggin Kienzan.

#Context

Or Piccolo with Raditz, *a.) The PL of Piccolo's SBC =/> Raditz, b.) Goku was preventing Raditz from blocking/dodging the beam, and c.) Raditz had just been injured/weakened significantly by an enraged Gohan's headbutt.

#Context

or how Tien managed to hold off semi-perfect Cell despite not even being within a comparable realm of power. *Unless you're trying to pretend like Tien was any sort of legit threat to Semi-Perfect Cell, then this showing is completely moot. Tien expended every iota of his energy, and it only amounted to pushing Cell down a few times -- Cell sustained absolutely NO damage whatsoever.

#Context

The rest of you post is chalk full of irrelevant non-sequiturs, red-herrings, and goal-post-movery. Not going to indulge that kind of BS baiting. thumb up

SSJGGogeta
Again, Goku being a 'threat' to a SUPPRESSED Cell does NOT mean he was any sort of 'threat' to a FULL POWER Cell. Frankly, the fact that you're still trying to pretend otherwise is quite vexing.

You can be stubborn at times, but I know you aren't stupid. You know how DB-logic works, ffs... You also seem to acknowledge/recognize the fact that during the Cell saga in particular, relatively small differences in power equated to HUGE differences in-battle... So why on earth wouldn't that same basic logic apply to Goku and Cell..? ermm

There's also the fact that Perfect Cell hadn't even began to power up when he fought ASSJ Vegeta, but you only seem to consider context when it's convenient. /shrug

*Never happened. Nappa tanked Krillin's "full power" blast outright(literally unscathed.) The *only* attack from Krillin that could have done a damn thing to Nappa was his Kienzan... Because it's the friggin Kienzan.

#Context

*a.) The PL of Piccolo's SBC =/> Raditz, b.) Goku was preventing Raditz from blocking/dodging the beam, and c.) Raditz had just been injured/weakened significantly by an enraged Gohan's headbutt.

#Context

*Unless you're trying to pretend like Tien was any sort of legit threat to Semi-Perfect Cell, then this showing is completely moot. Tien expended every iota of his energy, and it only amounted to pushing Cell down a few times -- Cell sustained absolutely NO damage whatsoever.

#Context

The rest of you post is chalk full of irrelevant non-sequiturs, red-herrings, and goal-post-movery. Not going to indulge that kind of BS baiting. thumb up

Tbh I'm not even sure why you're arguing with me here. You also know how logic works in DBZ, and the fact remains that there have been times when very powerful characters have been defeated/injured/staved off by far weaker opponents, simply because they underestimated said weaker opponent or were too confident in their own abilities.

Either way, nothing you've said changes the fact that Goku was able to keep pace with a nearly full power Perfect Cell, and was able to significantly damage him to the point of vaporizing half of his body. Without regeneration, Cell would have died at that point. Honestly, going by Cell's own words, he should have died regardless since his "regeneration lump" is located in his head. That's neither here nor there though- my point is that Cell was GENUINELY worried by the premise of Goku firing a full power kamehameha at him.

To say that Goku was never a threat to Cell is simply wrong. The gap between them was very small, and we've seen many times before that Goku's power can double or nearly triple when charging a full power kamehameha wave.

Also, let's be honest- you ignored the rest of my post because you knew you couldn't disprove any of my points. You were only able to point out that I was lacking context for the examples I posted, which is largely redundant.

My point here is that if Cell had sat there letting Goku charge up a Kamehameha at full power to unleash at him, and didn't dodge said kamehameha, retaliate with his own, or erect a barrier, Goku probably could have vaporized him completely and killed him, in my humble opinion. Therefor, it CAN be said that Goku was a threat to Cell. They were legitimate peers, even if Cell held a noticeable edge over Goku.

All I'm saying is that Goku was definitely a threat to Cell, and had Goku fought to kill Cell himself from the get-go, I believe that he could have done so in the same way Vegeta nearly did.

I mean, at least in my opinion, someone is a threat to you if they can injure you. Goku was able to injure Cell very handily. It wasn't a situation like SSJG Goku vs Beerus, where Beerus could casually tank everything that Goku threw at him. They were peers, even if Cell held a noticeable advantage. I.e. Goku was a threat to Cell. That's all I'm saying here, lol.

Galan007
Tbh I'm not even sure why you're arguing with me here. You also know how logic works in DBZ, and the fact remains that there have been times when very powerful characters have been defeated/injured/staved off by far weaker opponents, simply because they underestimated said weaker opponent or were too confident in their own abilities. And I could post a great deal MORE instances wherein weaker characters were entirely unable to harm more powerful characters.

Usually if a weaker character is able to harm a more powerful character in DB, there is a PIS-related reason why. ie. it's a specialized/haxx/OP attack, OR the more powerful character is caught off guard, OR the more powerful character was weakened beforehand, etc.

Either way, nothing you've said changes the fact that Goku was able to keep pace with a nearly full power Perfect Cell Because Goku 'keeping pace' with a SUPPRESSED Cell is in no way indicative of him being able to 'keep pace' with a FULL POWER Cell... Especially in DB-lore.

Why isn't this computing?

To say that Goku was never a threat to Cell is simply wrong. *SUPPRESSED Cell.

FULL POWER Cell is another matter entirely. smile

Also, let's be honest- you ignored the rest of my post because you knew you couldn't disprove any of my points. You were only able to point out that I was lacking context for the examples I posted, which is largely redundant. laughing out loud

I ignored the rest of your post because it was full of non-sequiturs, red-herrings, and goal-post-movery, which are entirely irrelevant to the point at hand.

...But even IF I would have taken the time to pick the rest of your post apart, you would have just ignored it anyway, like you've done with nearly all of the other contextual points I've mentioned here. So why waste my time even more than I already have..?

You were only able to point out that I was lacking context for the examples I posted, which is largely redundant. Redundant? Lol, not at all.

It just serves as additional proof that you often do not consider underlying context before you start ranting/bashing... I simply called you on it this time. smile

My point here is that if Cell had sat there letting Goku charge up a Kamehameha at full power to unleash at him, and didn't dodge said kamehameha, retaliate with his own, or erect a barrier, Goku probably could have vaporized him completely and killed him, in my humble opinion. Therefor, it CAN be said that Goku was a threat to Cell.

All I'm saying is that Goku was definitely a threat to Cell, and had Goku fought to kill Cell himself from the get-go, I believe that he could have done so in the same way Vegeta nearly did. *SUPPRESSED Cell.

I mean, at least in my opinion, someone is a threat to you if they can injure you. Goku was able to injure Cell very handily. It wasn't a situation like SSJG Goku vs Beerus, where Beerus could casually tank everything that Goku threw at him. They were peers, even if Cell held a noticeable advantage. I.e. Goku was a threat to Cell. That's all I'm saying here, lol. *SUPPRESSED Cell.

Bentley
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
If CIS is off, Piccolo remembers that he knows the mafuba and easily beats Cell with some assistance in round 1.

If CIS is on, he loses at round three. Even diminished, he seemed confident he could beat a refreshed Goku. Don't see him having enough remaining stamina for round 3.

Cell would use Mafuuba reversal on the motha***ker.

TheBadguy
Galan in your opinion what happens if instead of suppressed Cell what if it was fp Cell that Goku hit with the warp kameha? In a slugfest of course Goku gets demolished but you dont think that Goku could cause some problems with his creativity + Cell's arrogance?

Galan007
Well, SSJ2 Gohan hit full power Cell with a Kamehameha that was undoubtedly FAR more powerful than anything Goku was capable of whipping up, and Cell was able to endure it head-on, with fairly minor damage(all things considered):
https://i.imgur.com/yS5pP5x.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JgUchJP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UyxgI3g.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Po2Hob9.jpg

So IF Goku hit full power Cell with a Warp Kamehameha, any damage Cell sustained would be relatively superficial, imo... Obviously much, much less than the damage he sustained from Gohan's beam.

Now IF Goku managed to catch Cell completely off guard(and by 'completely off guard' I mean Cell didn't know he was going to be attacked at all), then it's a different matter entirely. DB history has shown that when a character is caught entirely unaware, they can be hurt/killed by far inferior means that would normally have no effect whatsoever *see SSB Goku vs. Sorbet's ring-lazer*...

SSJGGogeta
Well, SSJ2 Gohan hit full power Cell with a Kamehameha that was undoubtedly FAR more powerful than anything Goku was capable of whipping up, and Cell was able to endure it head-on, with fairly minor damage(all things considered):
https://i.imgur.com/yS5pP5x.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JgUchJP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UyxgI3g.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Po2Hob9.jpg

So IF Goku hit full power Cell with a Warp Kamehameha, any damage Cell sustained would be relatively superficial, imo... Obviously much, much less than the damage he sustained from Gohan's beam.

Now IF Goku managed to catch Cell completely off guard(and by 'completely off guard' I mean Cell didn't know he was going to be attacked at all), then it's a different matter entirely. DB history has shown that when a character is caught entirely unaware, they can be hurt/killed by far inferior means that would normally have no effect whatsoever *see SSB Goku vs. Sorbet's ring-lazer*...

Minor damage...? He had several limbs removed and was bleeding all over.

I think I understand what you're talking about here now though- You're not saying Goku couldn't vaporize Cell with a Kamehameha if both were at full power, you're saying whatever he could do to Cell would be simple for Cell to regenerate, and couldn't put Cell down for good. Am I right?

Because if that's the case, then I agree with you completely. I just think that saying Goku was never a threat is inaccurate. I personally believe Goku could have killed Cell in a variety of ways if he really wanted to, but I can definitely see what you're saying now.

Regardless, I still think it was retarded that Cell regenerated from Goku's kamehameha in the first place. He literally states on panel that he has a lump in his head that controls his regeneration, and as long as it's intact he can reform. I don't understand how he could regenerate from a lump in his head, if his head is completely vaporized.

Galan007
Minor damage...? He had several limbs removed and was bleeding all over. Relatively minor in the sense that he endured SSJ2 Gohan's Kamehameha head-on(which, again, was FAR more powerful than what anyone else on the field was capable of generating), without being completely blown to shit... To a guy like Cell, a few missing limbs is nothing.

I think I understand what you're talking about here now though- You're not saying Goku couldn't vaporize Cell with a Kamehameha if both were at full power, you're saying whatever he could do to Cell would be simple for Cell to regenerate, and couldn't put Cell down for good. Am I right? I'm saying that the only way Goku could hope to injure a full power Cell is if he used some sort of cheap-shot/sneak-attack that Cell was entirely unprepared for. Sans that, he isn't harming full power Cell at all... And he obviously doesn't possess the power to cause any lasting damage to Cell, regardless.

Regardless, I still think it was retarded that Cell regenerated from Goku's kamehameha in the first place. He literally states on panel that he has a lump in his head that controls his regeneration, and as long as it's intact he can reform. I don't understand how he could regenerate from a lump in his head, if his head is completely vaporized. Inconsistency at its finest.

Evidently that concept only applies if Cell's *entire* body is vaped, lol. thumb down

SSJGGogeta
Relatively minor in the sense that he endured SSJ2 Gohan's Kamehameha head-on(which, again, was FAR more powerful than what anyone else on the field was capable of generating), without being completely blown to shit... To a guy like Cell, a few missing limbs is nothing.

I'm saying that the only way Goku could hope to injure a full power Cell is if he used some sort of cheap-shot/sneak-attack that Cell was entirely unprepared for. Sans that, he isn't harming full power Cell at all... And he obviously doesn't possess the power to cause any lasting damage to Cell, regardless.

Inconsistency at its finest.

Evidently that concept only applies if Cell's *entire* body is vaped, lol. thumb down

The only thing I disagree with you on is that Goku couldn't harm full power Cell at all. Think about it, even being generous enough to assume that Cell was only operating around 80%(yes, this is generous considering that he was ragdolled so effortlessly by someone only 2X more powerful than Goku. The absolute lowest we can assume is that Cell was operating at maybe 60% when fighting Goku- but given the amount of difference in the difficulty he had fighting Goku compared to Gohan, I'd say around 80% would be more than a fair estimate), that means that Goku could potentially STILL damage him. We've seen, ever since the Raditz saga, that the Z-fighters including Goku can double or even TRIPLE their power levels when charging extremely powerful attacks. Goku went from something like 400 to 900, IIRC, when firing a kamehameha against Raditz. We have no reason to assume that principal doesn't still apply. So theoretically, a FULL POWER Kamehameha from Goku at that point should have been MORE than capable of injuring someone even as powerful as Cell, had Cell sat there and just taken it like he did with Vegeta's Final Flash.

I think there are a ton of factors that go into a characters durability in DBZ. They can increase their durability by powering up, similarly to how they increase their energy output(destructive capacity) by powering up. However, I'm not of the belief that even SSJ2 Gohan would have been able to outright tank a full-power kamehameha wave from MSSJ1 Goku at that point. Sure, he could easily bat it away, dodge it, or overpower it with his own blast/attack- but I don't believe he could have just no-sold it without receiving any damage. I believe the same goes for Cell's kamehameha that Gohan overpowered with his own. I don't believe Gohan could have outright tanked that attack without taking any damage, even as a SSJ2.

There are just too many variables to call it imo, and unfortunately it was never elaborated on whether or not the Z-fighters can raise their power levels by trying to tank attacks like they do when they're firing said attacks. Just like how I don't believe that KKX4 Goku during the Saiyan saga could have tanked Vegeta's Galick Gun, despite being far more powerful than Vegeta at the time. The blasts themselves often times seem to be capable of boasting power levels even higher than the pl of the person generating it, which is why you don't see very many instances in DBZ of someone tanking an attack outright. That's just my opinion on the topic, but I could be wrong. As I said, there are a ton of factors at work in this discussion.

Yeah though, that's another thing that makes it so hard to establish rules and definitive systems when discussing DB. There are just so many inconsistencies, lol. That's why I think it's worth debating in the first place.

Galan007
We've seen, ever since the Raditz saga, that the Z-fighters including Goku can double or even TRIPLE their power levels when charging extremely powerful attacks. Goku went from something like 400 to 900, IIRC, when firing a kamehameha against Raditz. We have no reason to assume that principal doesn't still apply. So theoretically, a FULL POWER Kamehameha from Goku at that point should have been MORE than capable of injuring someone even as powerful as Cell, had Cell sat there and just taken it like he did with Vegeta's Final Flash. I understand what you're saying, but perhaps you don't understand what I'm saying..?

Using your same logic, it would mean that the Kamehameha SSJ2 Gohan used against a full power Cell was 2-3x more powerful than himself... Which means that it was approaching SSJ3-levels of power. Despite the fact that he didn't even attempt to block the beam, Cell 'only' came away with a few missing limbs and a bloody mouth(which, again, is nothing to him.) And as I mentioned earlier: that Kamehameha was FAR more powerful than what ANYONE on the field was capable of producing.

So imo, unless full power Cell was entirely unprepared for Goku's blast, any 'damage' he sustained from it would be relatively superficial. But again, if he were entirely unprepared for the attack, it would be a different matter entirely.

wakkawakkawakka
Figured that the Cell Jr.'s would have made it obvious that a full power Cell was well beyond Goku at that point but I suppose not.

juggerman
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Figured that the Cell Jr.'s would have made it obvious that a full power Cell was well beyond Goku at that point but I suppose not.

Goku was weakened when he fought the Jrs

Galan007
Yeah, the Cell Juniors were likely somewhere between ASSJ-level, and FPSSJ-level. More powerful than the former; a bit weaker than the latter.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Uh, Goku had just fought Cell and was basically powerless. This in no way, shape or form, is an accurate representation of what Goku's performance would be like against a Cell jr. if he was at full power.

That's like saying that Saiyan saga Gohan ~ Saiyan saga Vegeta, because he managed to fight on par with him after he was nearly killed in his fight with Goku.

Figured that would be obvious, but I suppose not.

StiltmanFTW
Galan wants to have hate sex with SSJGGogeta, you can feel the pheromones in the air.

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/gsu09Ob.gif

carver9

Not a single person disagreed with Cell being capable of destroying the solar system either.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Not a single person disagreed with Cell being capable of destroying the solar system either. Poor analogy, carv.

Do you honestly think any of the Z Fighters were in a position to correct SPC and say: "Actually Cell, I don't think you could destroy the entire solar system. Based on my fan-calcs, you're probably just a multi-planet-buster"..? Lol, no. SPC was powerful enough at that point to kill all of them and annihilate earth -- which is all that mattered.

In the scene I posted, however, a depleted Cell was actually goading Goku into taking a senzu bean to make the fight more interesting/fun for him, because it would have increased Goku's chances of winning "slightly". Obviously Cell wouldn't have allowed(much less WANTED) Goku to eat a senzu bean, unless he was positive that he could still win. The fact that Goku himself opted NOT to take a senzu bean because it would have ultimately been pointless, further corroborates Cell's boast.

That said, there IS evidence to suggest that Cell could have indeed "blown away the entire solar system". His statement to that effect was mentioned/confirmed in the "Super Saiyan Guidebook", which was released in Japan shortly after the Cell saga... But that's neither here nor there. wink

StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgur.com/gsu09Ob.gif

You know you want it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.